Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!

Go down 
+76
kitty
Yunamao
apple4me
Alina
~*AAA*~
Haidogirl
periperi
itcaip
MaoChan756
KariDebate
dlynndao
jkblues
i♥MAO
beppu
maofan93
Okami
Alokya
Spacey
tianrushui
josling
gurami
bibi
swan
theicemarks
kaarolcia
yuki
MikiAndoFan#1
Lady_in_black
maochan
chiyori
will_power
femariel
inspiration*
kawaiimao
sapphiresky
europeanfan
iceskatingfan
sumin
dangerous_angel_face
SpecialK
ddmm
Figure_skating_love
dlnnyc
tilitom
Jtsmith1
ericacsy
polosatik
jirachiness
bellarina
maowataiyo
klarification
linglang
snowdrops24
kirakira
sweetdream
alyssa
inskate
Pandorina
sky
chineseteacup
clovera
ballerinamao
Ken Himura
mingming
Mao_Asada_sunrise
illani
Dani-Chan
Star85
PochinkoPotanko
coconut
aoi88
BowbowDaijin
roma
Batsuchan
purplemaze
☆Genie
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:42 am

SEQs were rewarded only 80% of the jumps values. Is it still this way?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:44 am

Oh, first I said 3L-2A, but it could well be 3F-2A! Smile

Yes, SEQ are still rewarded 80% as far as I know, but I believe point wise it's still better that a 3-2 combination(except the 3-1L-3, which gets credit as a 3 jump combination)
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:51 am

clovera wrote:
Very valid points, Lady_in_black. At least for this season, the 3A is definitely a better investment than a 3-3. It's a good thing she's regaining the feel of that jump again. Yep!

Lady_in_black wrote:
Replacing the 2L from the first 3F with a 2A SEQ will give her more points. With this layout she would be unbeatable, especially since Yuna Kim can no longer try 3 2A, and she needs the 3L back(which is unlikely since she didn't try it for years), or she must give up to her 2A-3T combo, most likely( The best thing she can do if she does that, she can repeat the 3F instead of the 3T. Still, she will lose points because her 2A-3T usually gets tons of GOE).

Not to mention the Scale of Values for a 2A has been reduced heavily unless it is in combination/sequence with a triple, which is another reason why we are seeing so many 2A-3Ts this season. Lips sealed

I like the layout you posted - in addition to more points as you mentioned, the +2A SEQ is strategically very viable, since it gets rid of the pesky axel requirement in the free skate (this doesn't apply to Mao though since she has the 3A), opens up a jumping pass for another potential triple, and also maximizes possible +GoE that would have otherwise been limited as mentioned above. It's also a lot easier than the 2A-3T to pull off. I don't think I've ever seen Mao practicing them though in her entire career. Exclamation

europeanfan wrote:
...b/c this season rules are changed and SEQ is counted as combination of 3 jumps. 3F-2A SEQ would be counted as:
The +2A SEQ doesn't require a half loop (1Lo in the protocols) in order to be executed, and isn't recognized as such; inserting a half loop will probably just make the sequence several times harder because of the axel's forward take-off. You're half right though, because any other jumps in sequence like the salchow, lutz, and flip will need the half loop and thus recorded as a three-jump combo in the protocols. I've yet to seen a +3Lz SEQ however, and the only +3F SEQ I know is that of Plushy's from the SLC Olys. Laugh

Now that I think about it, won't the tracings for a jump-1Lo-2A SEQ kinda look like this?

[entry]→ → → [first jump] → → → [half]
[landing]← ← [double axel] ← ← [loop]

...so a skater landing a +1Lo+2A SEQ theoretically changes direction and "winds back" to where they first started, in a sense. Whirly
I wonder if this is even possible (and more importantly, if my guess is even correct). Hmm. bibi? inskate? Anyone? Shocked

It isn't possible imo! I wouldn't know how to do it... When you do a normal 1Lo/2Lo/3Lo you could add a 1A/2A by using the landing of the loop as preparation at the same time but I don't know whether it would be count as SEQ or not Whirly
I myself don't like sequences to do. I practiced 2Lz-2F-2T (or 2Lz-1Lo-2F-2T) a few times and this is extremly
hard because you have to keep up the speed and so on... But Mao would be capable to land SEQs for sure
Yep! and it's a good possibility to collect points!

But I have a question: I thought the ISU changed some rules so that you receive a 10% bonus for jumps in combination?! Or was it just a proposal which was refused?! scratch I didn't participate in a competition this year (because of injuries etc. Neutral ) so that didn't thought so much about the CoP this season...
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:56 am

There's no bonus for the combination, just the added value of the jumps Smile
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:59 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
There's no bonus for the combination, just the added value of the jumps Smile

Oh, thanks. But didn't they thought about that or am I just mixing some facts ?! scratch
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:02 am

ISU was thinking about 10% bonus for combo but they didn't change it
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:02 am

josling wrote:
It isn't possible imo! I wouldn't know how to do it... When you do a normal 1Lo/2Lo/3Lo you could add a 1A/2A by using the landing of the loop as preparation at the same time but I don't know whether it would be count as SEQ or not Whirly
I myself don't like sequences to do. I practiced 2Lz-2F-2T (or 2Lz-1Lo-2F-2T) a few times and this is extremly
hard because you have to keep up the speed and so on... But Mao would be capable to land SEQs for sure

But I have a question: I thought the ISU changed some rules so that you receive a 10% bonus for jumps in combination?! Or was it just a proposal which was refused?! scratch I didn't participate in a competition this year (because of injuries etc. Neutral ) so that didn't thought so much about the CoP this season...
Thanks so much josling! cheers
I'm sorry to hear about your injuries though. Are you fully recovered now? silent

Regarding the 10% bonus proposal...yep, it was rejected. Sweatdrop
There's a whole bunch of ladies on both the junior and senior level with a 3-3 for their SP that replace it with the 2A+3T instead for their FS layout and I can't say I'm surprised since the proposal didn't pass.

ETA: europeanfan was faster. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:17 am

"There's a whole bunch of ladies on both the junior and senior level with a 3-3 for their SP that replace it with the 2A+3T instead for their FS layout and I can't say I'm surprised since the proposal didn't pass."

So true! It's easier to have a 7 triple performance with two 2A-3T and without any 3-3(Mao has the 3A, so she is not fitted in this category). The best examples are Polina Shelepen(who has planned a 3-3 in the sp, but in the Lp she has one 2A-3T and 2A-3T-2L). Julia Lipnitskaya does the same thing. The actual rules don't encourage doing a 3-3 in the Lp
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:28 am

clovera wrote:
josling wrote:

Thanks so much josling! cheers
I'm sorry to hear about your injuries though. Are you fully recovered now? silent

Regarding the 10% bonus proposal...yep, it was rejected. Sweatdrop
There's a whole bunch of ladies on both the junior and senior level with a 3-3 for their SP that replace it with the 2A+3T instead for their FS layout and I can't say I'm surprised since the proposal didn't pass.

ETA: europeanfan was faster. Razz

You're welcome! Smile
Ah okay, thank you europeanfan and clovera! I think the bonus would be fair because combinations are much harder than solo jumps but I can understand why the ISU didn't accept it!

And about my injuries... I had contract the torn ligament in my right knee while practicing 2A but I will try to start in the new year again. I'm so relieved and positively surprised that Mao hadn't really bad injuries even with practicing 3A since she's 10 years old or something. Thumbs up! Yep!
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:31 am

I think there should be bonus 10% for first jump in combination and 20% for the second jump. It would be the most fair, because it's easier to do for example 3lo-3t than 3t-3lo.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:57 am

I don't know. Personally, I'd like to see her bring back the 3F-3T, not only for more points but I just liked seeing her do the combo. I think Mao only performed this combo three times as a senior (GP 2007, 2008 4CC, 2008 Worlds) and she got it ratified two out of three times. This was also during the season where the UR judging started to get really strict. And I loved seeing the distance she got in that combo at Worlds. Also, inskate, told me Mao's 3T has improved a lot from before, so it's unfortunate not to see her do it this season.

ETA: Kumaneko updated her blog with several articles. http://kumaneko037.blog103.fc2.com/
Some tidbits:
Mao sometime skates with little kids and an 85 yr old lady.

Taka also gives advice to Mao. She says "He is a very good partner to practice together. We encourage each
other.” Aww Mushy Love

On the evening of the 26th, she talked with Sato-san and Taka till midnight. affraid Apparently, Sato taught her
the rabbit proverb and how to count rabbits. :albino: :albino: :albino: ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:57 pm

I really love the things with the rabbits, and mao seems as determined as ever to deliver a great performance... she really is a hard worker, I am so glad to see that she could enjoy her favourite food without thinking to much about weight once in a while. I love the thing with the rabbits lol... nobuo just has such a funny way to explain everything... I couldn't help laughing when he mentioned the 3A as rabbits... :albino:

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:44 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Taka also gives advice to Mao. She says "He is a very good partner to practice together. We encourage each
other.” Aww Mushy Love

Do they now? Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

BTW, to all the Taka-Mao shippers out there, please check out the Secret Sources! I *finally* got around to writing that Christmas fanfic I promised! santa Enjoy!

Sorry to get off-topic here, but I got a few messages saying that people couldn't access the Secret Sources... Mods, is there something special the new posters need to do to get access to that forum? Question (I thought they only had to post 3 times.)

If people are having trouble reading it and want to see it, I'm happy to post my little fanfic on the non-private section of the forum (it's not too inappropriate, right?) lol!

aoi88, thanks for the tidbits on Mao. flower

I'm going to go and re-read all your posts and then think hard about what I think Mao should do with her jumps, but without reading stuff carefully, my first impressions are 1) Mao needs a reliable 3-3, and 2) Mao needs to work on the flow coming out of her jumps. For many of her jumps, especially like the 3Lo, she has no speed coming out of the jump.

Anyway, will post more later! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:22 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

aoi88, thanks for the tidbits on Mao. flower

I'm going to go and re-read all your posts and then think hard about what I think Mao should do with her jumps, but without reading stuff carefully, my first impressions are 1) Mao needs a reliable 3-3, and 2) Mao needs to work on the flow coming out of her jumps. For many of her jumps, especially like the 3Lo, she has no speed coming out of the jump.

Anyway, will post more later! Very Happy

I agree with 1). Frankly, I think a solid 3/3 is a better investment than the lutz. Mao can sort of make up the points she loses for edge calls with the 3A if she has a solid 3/3. Her flow out of her jumps could be better. I actually think her flow out of her flip and the one lutz she landed was better than before. But her loop and 3A does not seem to have much flow. Another thing that I have always wanted Mao to do is to hold her landings a litte longer. First, this makes the jump look prettier and second it makes it appear more impressive to the judges. I have heard people remark that Mao may be vulnerable to UR calls because of her landings rather than actual rotations.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaguGmoq89Q

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWmo50LevsY[/url]

I was watching this program on TV. Although it's cut out from this video, a reporter said Mao and Taka-chan and two other people (total four) went to eat Yakiniku BBQ and they ate meal for 18 people. affraid

Mao said at the rink-side interview of MOI, she went to eat BBQ after LP. But she didn't say with who. I have no clue who the other two were, but it's soooooo huge! Razz
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:48 pm

linglang wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaguGmoq89Q

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWmo50LevsY[/url]

I was watching this program on TV. Although it's cut out from this video, a reporter said Mao and Taka-chan and two other people (total four) went to eat Yakiniku BBQ and they ate meal for 18 people. affraid

Mao said at the rink-side interview of MOI, she went to eat BBQ after LP. But she didn't say with who. I have no clue who the other two were, but it's soooooo huge! Razz
The two others are Mr and Mrs Sato flower
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 am

well FujITV did it again ; 29% for Women free skate. HUGE. Killed basically every drama/music special that week...
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:46 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Sorry to get off-topic here, but I got a few messages saying that people couldn't access the Secret Sources... Mods, is there something special the new posters need to do to get access to that forum? Question (I thought they only had to post 3 times.)

If people are having trouble reading it and want to see it, I'm happy to post my little fanfic on the non-private section of the forum (it's not too inappropriate, right?) lol!

I applied to the group a long time ago... I've been completely ignored Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 566593 Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 631129 Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 631129 Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 631129 Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 813808 My membership is still pending. Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 813808 Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 566593 Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 631129 I guess I am not Mao Supporter material... Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 566593 Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 813808

I would love to read your fanfic. I am a fan! Embarassed Very Happy I hope it is okay for you to post it in the non-private section.

linglang wrote:

lol! affraid Indeed!

Dani-chan thank you for the links! Aoi88 thank you for the articles! Love the kumaneko translations!

Last edited by Spacey on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:25 am

Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:39 am

Batsuchan brought up the Japan Super Challenge a few days ago (which unfortunately won't make the telly until February), but that won't be the only thing happening next week!

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Holyco10
A little preview of Team Japan (Mao, Dai, Miki, Tono, Kozu) participating in a table tennis match for a New Year's special that will air on Jan. 2nd. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:46 am

☆Genie wrote:
well FujITV did it again ; 29% for Women free skate. HUGE. Killed basically every drama/music special that week...

Yup! Thumbs up!

According to this article:
http://www.j-cast.com/2010/12/28084706.html?p=2

The viewership rating for the women's free skate was 29% on average, but it was 38.6% right after Mao finished skating. And in Nagoya, the average viewership was 33.5% on average, and 44.8% after Mao skated! WOW!

In comparison, the viewership for the 2010 World Championships free program was only 22.6%.

I guess everyone wanted to see whether Mao could make a comeback or not. Yep!

@ clovera OMG!!!!! That looks like soo much fun!!! lol! I bet Mao-chan is pretty good at ping-pong! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:00 am

Spacey wrote:

I would love to read your fanfic. I am a fan! Embarassed Very Happy I hope it is okay for you to post it in the non-private section.

Okie dokie, I posted it under the General Chat section here:
https://maoasada.forumotion.net/t951-my-christmas-present-to-you-all

Hope you enjoy it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:56 am

clovera wrote:
Batsuchan brought up the Japan Super Challenge a few days ago (which unfortunately won't make the telly until February), but that won't be the only thing happening next week!

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Holyco10
A little preview of Team Japan (Mao, Dai, Miki, Tono, Kozu) participating in a table tennis match for a New Year's special that will air on Jan. 2nd. Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 338429

OMG! Thank you! I never watch TV but I will definitely watch this! Miki and Nobu are always so funny! Mao is always so cute and eccentric! I love Dai-chan and Taka-chan too! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I'm so excited!
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:08 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next