Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Asian dramas ^_^

Go down 
+4
bellarina
klarification
tianrushui
aoi88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Batsuchan's adorable Taka-Mao fanfics inspired me to create this thread. flower As a huge fan of Asian dramas, I'm curious to know if other members here enjoy watching them as well and if so, what are your favorites? You can post kdramas, jdramas, chinese/taiwanese dramas, etc.

Here are some of my favs.

Jdramas: Nodame Cantabile, Nobuta wo Produce, Byakuyako, Hana Kimi.

Kdramas: Memories in Bali, Coffee Prince, You're Beautiful, Joyful Girl's Success Story

Taiwanese/Chinese dramas: I enjoy them, though don't have many favorites. I did like the taiwanese version of Japanese manga It started with a Kiss.
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:02 pm

I watched a lot of dramas from TVB,lol
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:10 pm

My Girl, You're Beautiful, Full House, Dae Jang Geum, Nodame Cantabile, All About Eve, Queen SeonDeok, Atsuhime, 1 Liter of Tears, Hana Yori Dango... Well, these are the most memorable for me for now. Maybe I'll post some more if/when I remember some other great Asian dramas that I enjoyed! sunny
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:20 pm

OMG YES. I was in need of recommendations!

I unfortunately only have watched Kdramas..they're the easiest for me to find, and I can understand them if I can't find subbed versions. I really want to watch Jdramas and other ones though but have no idea where to start, so I think this thread will help!

My favorite K dramas are... Winter Sonata, Full House, Pure 19/Pure In Heart, Boys Over Flowers, My Name is Kim Samsoon, Empress Cheonchu.. I need to finish up Goong (Princess Hours), Coffee Prince, and My Girl, but I liked what I've seen so far of those. I just started You're Beautiful too.

For those in the US, Hulu has put up a number of K-dramas - search for "korean drama" and some will come up. My very white friend started asking me questions about Korean language and culture and I was shocked until I found out she had watched a lot of dramas on Hulu Razz Most of the super popular ones (like IRIS, Boys Over Flowers, etc) are on there.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 10:01 pm

KDrama: Dae Jang Geum, Goong Love Hearts , My Girl, Winter Sonata, Full House, MNIKSS... I forgot the other titles already.

T/CDrama: Meteor Garden, ROCH, Chinese Paladin... haven't seen much really.

JDrama:
Nodame Cantabile Wub Many Hearts (i Love Hearts chiaki-sama and nodame-chan!)
Hana Yori Dango (i Love Hearts DomIno. For me, this was the best. Even KDrama's Boys Over Flowers fall short of this series)
Gokusen
Nobuta wo Produce
Hana Kimi
Kimi wa Petto
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:16 am

Man, I think y'all are too young to see some of the dramas I've seen! Sweatdrop

I was a big fan of the Japanese actress Nanako Matsushima, so a lot of her dramas are among my faves: Yamato Nadeshiko, Koori no Sekai (Icy World), Majo no Jouken, etc.

For the K-dramas, "Winter Sonata" is the one that got me hooked. Very Happy "Full House" was soo much fun; Song Hye-Gyo is probably my fave Korean actress. I love you
Of the sad-ending dramas, I really, really loved "I'm sorry I love you." Soh Ji-sub is the best! Faint2 It's too bad that his character has died in almost every drama I've seen him in. Hell, no!
"Snow Queen" was also really enjoyable (yumm, Hyun Bin!), and "Autumn Story" too--but both were tear-jerkers!

Thanks for starting this thread, aoi88! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:27 am

I agree with many of you!

But My Favorite drama of all time is "It Started with A Kiss" (T-drama)...I looove that one.

Other ones I like:

T-drama: Autumn's concerto, Meteor Garden, The Rose, MARS, Fated to love you
C-drama: Return of the Condor Heroes!, Princess Pearl series, Romance in the Rain
J-drama: Hana Yori Dango, 1 Litre of Tears, Hana Kimi, Nodame Cantabile (when is that movie coming out anyway scratch)
K-drama: Winter Sonata started it off hehe (my Mom loves Bae Young Joon), Hotelier, Dong Yi

Yeah...I watch a lot... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:55 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Man, I think y'all are too young to see some of the dramas I've seen! Sweatdrop

I was a big fan of the Japanese actress Nanako Matsushima, so a lot of her dramas are among my faves: Yamato Nadeshiko, Koori no Sekai (Icy World), Majo no Jouken, etc.

For the K-dramas, "Winter Sonata" is the one that got me hooked. Very Happy "Full House" was soo much fun; Song Hye-Gyo is probably my fave Korean actress. I love you
Of the sad-ending dramas, I really, really loved "I'm sorry I love you." Soh Ji-sub is the best! Faint2 It's too bad that his character has died in almost every drama I've seen him in. Hell, no!
"Snow Queen" was also really enjoyable (yumm, Hyun Bin!), and "Autumn Story" too--but both were tear-jerkers!

Thanks for starting this thread, aoi88! Very Happy

Don't worry Batsuchan, I've seen most of the dramas you've listed. Smile I enjoyed Yamato Nadeshiko. And So Ji Sub and Hyun Bin. Wub Did you watch Memories in Bali too? It also stars Soh Ji Sub but it's more intense than "I am sorry I love you." It's one of the standouts in kdramas because it deviates from the typical trends.
Btw, did anyone watch jdrama "Million stars falling from the sky"? Normally, I don't like Takuya Kimura dramas that much but I think this was his best role. The drama is so dark and twisted. (I love it! Hell, no! )
Now I am watching "My girlfriend is a gumiho" and really enjoying it. It's quirky but also has a lot of heart.

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:00 am

sapphiresky, the Nodame Cantabile movies have been released already. I saw both on Cinema last year. I know the DVD/BluRay versions have been released also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
i♥MAO

i♥MAO

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:04 am

there are a lot of Korean Dramas being aired in my country,here are some of my favorites:

• endless love - autumn in my heart
  • coffee prince
  • full house
  • jewel in the palace
  • yellow handkerchief
  • my name is kim sam soon
  • temptation of wife (currently airing)

Taiwan's Meteor Garden and Korea's Boys over Flower and Japan's Hana Yori Dango are great too.

Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:13 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Don't worry Batsuchan, I've seen most of the dramas you've listed. Smile I enjoyed Yamato Nadeshiko. And So Ji Sub and Hyun Bin. Wub Did you watch Memories in Bali too? It also stars Soh Ji Sub but it's more intense than "I am sorry I love you." It's one of the standouts in kdramas because it deviates from the typical trends.

Yep, I saw "Memories in Bali"--that's what I mean about Soh Ji Sub always dying--got shot in the end of that one. No And did you see "Glass Slippers"? That was super long, but quite good too (and oops, I may have given away what happens to his character). I've also seen "Cain and Abel" and the "Thousand years of love" or something like that (with Sung Yu-ri and Kim Nam-jin). Yup, I'm a big SJS fan. Razz

Have you seen this MV?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7t7Gjm-9Q

I tried to look for a version with subtitles, but I couldn't find it. (Dying, again...)
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:15 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Have you seen this MV?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7t7Gjm-9Q

I tried to look for a version with subtitles, but I couldn't find it. (Dying, again...)

I haven't seen this MV before. It's quite good. But yeah, he needs to have a happy ending once in a while!

Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:32 am

roma wrote:
sapphiresky, the Nodame Cantabile movies have been released already. I saw both on Cinema last year. I know the DVD/BluRay versions have been released also.

Shocked Really??? Thanks for letting me know roma! I can't believe I missed their release! I was waiting for them for so long Razz

Off to go find/watch them!!! Escape So Excited!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Asian dramas ^_^   Favorite Asian dramas ^_^ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Asian dramas ^_^
Page 1 of 1