Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE ICE 2011

Go down 
+49
MaoChan756
ashcroft1086
swan
Ken Himura
alyssa
KariDebate
skfan
Afsfan
kenkyo
Yunamao
Alokya
chouchou
WayCon
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Canness
josling
periperi
shar
maowataiyo
ClairDeMao
aoi88
Dani-Chan
Okami
Eris
chiyori
Spacey
ballerinamao
midnightfrostifyx
bibi
dlynndao
zarinaballerina
sky
shikure
maofan93
theicemarks
Star85
chapis
Batsuchan
PochinkoPotanko
illani
klarification
polosatik
jkblues
roma
bellarina
Cloviece
babayaga
linglang
kaarolcia
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:02 am

kaarolcia wrote:
Guys, check out Tokitama's blog! http://tokitama.tumblr.com/
There are some short clips with Mao's EX and TakaMao number Love Hearts

Thank you so much for the links!

I'm so happy that Mao & Lori chose "Jupiter" performed by Libera! Out of all the vocal versions of "Jupiter" I love this one the most. It literally makes me teary eyed. Smile To anyone who missed it: here's the link to the full song (originally posted by maowataiyo):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLrk4X_xUdk

I love Mao's costumes. Love Hearts The light blue kimono-like dress looks especially lovely and etheral.

I wonder if Mao skated the "Aladin" program with Jeff again? Smile
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:14 am

omg I opened my tumblr today and the first thing I saw was a Mao and Taka pic omg I swoned so loud, I am screaming in excitement, I want to see their dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Razz Razz
Her blue dress is so prettttttttty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wub Cloud 9 Love Hearts I love jupiter, isn't that song Laura lepisto skated to? if so, is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confetti Confetti
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:49 am

News clip! Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjR8L7BRAFo
hahaha funny moment in the TakaMao number at 1:17 Laugh
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:14 am

kaarolcia wrote:
News clip! Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjR8L7BRAFo
hahaha funny moment in the TakaMao number at 1:17 Laugh

Laugh Poor Taka nearly lost his balance... Too sweet!

I can't wait until the broadcast - the programs look really interesting! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:34 am

I love her new exhibition dress! Simple and elegant. I hope Mao keeps her white boots for next season as well. Smile

I also like the dress she wore for her pair program with Taka. This could have been a good dress for her Tango program. (It's much better than the one she wore at Worlds last year Yep! ).

I can't wait to see the videos!
Back to top Go down
Eris

Eris

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:38 am

Okami wrote:
I can't wait until the broadcast
Does anybody know when the broadcast will be?
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:01 am

Eris wrote:
Okami wrote:
I can't wait until the broadcast
Does anybody know when the broadcast will be?

It will be broadcasted on Sunday, July 31st from 15:00 to 16:25 on Chukyo TV. Smile
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:05 am

does that mean we will have to wait until that time before we get to see mao's programs sigh
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:10 am

I really hope someone will upload a fan video sometimes soon. It's too long to wait till 31st Smile
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:12 am

ballerinamao wrote:
does that mean we will have to wait until that time before we get to see mao's programs sigh

Yup. There might be some more news clips available today and/or tomorrow, but the whole programs won't be aired until next Sunday. I wouldn't hope for home videos, either. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Eris

Eris

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:16 am

Okami, thank you!
Ok, let's wait for more photos and news clips. Smile
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:56 am

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:02 am

i love the new clip that really showed a bit off the program, and when it will be aired is for me abit unrelevant since i live in a place where they don't air such shows, but i really look forward to seeing mao new programs all off them..
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 am

I looove Mao's white boots without covers! (Does anyone know the brand of her boots and blade?)

I love Mao's new costumes!

And I love that she looks so happy skating with Taka-chan! Love Hearts
Taka looks very concentraded though. I actually thought that the stumble in the pair routine was suppose to be there, for a comical effect...

Thank you everyone for the pics, translations and videos.

shikure wrote:
the other clip
https://youtu.be/B1ZVtgc8hC8

Wow, Mao looks hot!!! Now I see why Taka-chan had to concentrate really hard...
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:49 am

ClairDeMao wrote:
I looove Mao's white boots without covers! (Does anyone know the brand of her boots and blade?)

I love Mao's new costumes!

And I love that she looks so happy skating with Taka-chan! Love Hearts
Taka looks very concentrated though. I actually thought that the stumble in the pair routine was suppose to be there, for a comical effect...

Thank you everyone for the pics, translations and videos.

shikure wrote:
the other clip
https://youtu.be/B1ZVtgc8hC8

I think you are right about "stumble", since it's not so easy to make Taka falling on the ice except when he was doing 4T...lol

This clip shows more happy moments in the pair program Smile I don't care those negative reviews~at least they were having fun.

btw, ClairDeMaoI think Kanako's dress and make up looks like Mao's style of your avatar
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:10 am

shikure wrote:

I think you are right about "stumble", since it's not so easy to make Taka falling on the ice except when he was doing 4T...lol

This clip shows more happy moments in the pair program Smile I don't care those negative reviews~at least they were having fun.

btw, ClairDeMaoI think Kanako's dress and make up looks like Mao's style of your avatar

I almost didn't recognize Kanako in the news clip, she looks very grown up! I actually thought it was Yukari Nakano but when she jumped there was no leg warp...
And you're right Shikure, Kanako 's dress and hair looks like Mao in my avatar (it's the tango dress she used at Nationals minus the red bra...)

Has there been any negative reviews about the show?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:21 am

ClairDeMao wrote:
shikure wrote:

I almost didn't recognize Kanako in the news clip, she looks very grown up! I actually thought it was Yukari Nakano but when she jumped there was no leg warp...
And you're right Shikure, Kanako 's dress and hair looks like Mao in my avatar (it's the tango dress she used at Nationals minus the red bra...)

Has there been any negative reviews about the show?

I noticed the red bra was gone in your avatar and that makes the dress way better...lol

No negative review about the show but negative reviews against Taka for the pair program Sad
some may involve Mao but the majority blamed that on Taka.
He is just too nice and doesn't dominate the whole program but i did see some reivews that said they were doing better in night session than noon session. so i don't think we need to worry about negative reviews. and MAO IS HAPPY~that is most important thing.

Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:43 am

shikure wrote:

No negative review about the show but negative reviews against Taka for the pair program Sad
He is just too nice and doesn't dominate the whole program but i did see some reivews that said they were doing better in night session than noon session. so i don't think we need to worry about negative reviews. and MAO IS HAPPY~that is most important thing.

Those people are insane! From what I've seen, it seems like Taka did very well! And it's just a show for fun, geeez...

I hope that he and Mao continue to practice ice dance together. Ice dancing is all about edges and steps, that way Mao will improve her basic skating while having fun with Taka-chan at the same time!

And she's BEAMING in those short clips! I actually think she's starting to fall for Taka...
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:56 am

ClairDeMao wrote:
shikure wrote:

Those people are insane! From what I've seen, it seems like Taka did very well! And it's just a show for fun, geeez...

I hope that he and Mao continue to practice ice dance together. Ice dancing is all about edges and steps, that way Mao will improve her basic skating while having fun with Taka-chan at the same time!

And she's BEAMING in those short clips! I actually think she's starting to fall for Taka...

haha that's you're imagination or what you hope for lol
mao just always seems most happy when she skates, and as strange as it may sounds but for me there pair program from the clips we have gotten so far it looks like mao dominates much or maybe it's because the cameras are focused on mao, but taka seemed a bit reserved, I couldnt help but picture dai dancing beside mao and see them both on fire.. for me the pair program looks veeery gourges and i think i really am going to see some magnificent programs from mao including the pair program with taka, but the one who caught my attention the most was undoubtly MAO she just felt every note and her timing is unbelievable...

(by the way does anyone kow how to close the quote tekst, so that it's like it usuelly was)
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:42 am

Thank you for all the lovely pictures and video clips! Mao looks so good. She should use this nude mesh for competition! It looks so much better. I also want to see Mirai and Alissa's programs.

ClairDeMao wrote:

Taka-chan definitely agrees...THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 I0372511

For her shoes, Mao uses an Italian maker, Risport and the blade is sharpened by a Japanese craftsmen that was a former coach, Kiyoharu/Seiji Sakata. His first name can be read in two ways so I don't know how he prefers to pronounce it (they're used to be a video of him). His blade sharpening technique is pretty well-known as he uses a ruby to finely custom sharpen blades to a skaters needs. Yuna also wears Risport and gets her blade sharpened by him too. Sakata said he's done blades for Mao since '02. Yuna came to him in '06; he refused her at first, sighting that he was busy, but she told him "she'd listen to anyone's advice to win". Sakata said he felt torn for sharpening the blades of his countrymen's rival, but so long as he accepted he was going to go through with it compleletly. At the Vancouver Olympics, he watched his craft put to use on Mao, Yuna, Miki and Akiko.

http://www.wakabasakai.jp/blog/2010/04/post_547.html
Back to top Go down
ClairDeMao

ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:04 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

mao just always seems most happy when she skates, and as strange as it may sounds but for me there pair program from the clips we have gotten so far it looks like mao dominates much or maybe it's because the cameras are focused on mao, but taka seemed a bit reserved, I couldnt help but picture dai dancing beside mao and see them both on fire.. for me the pair program looks veeery gourges and i think i really am going to see some magnificent programs from mao including the pair program with taka, but the one who caught my attention the most was undoubtly MAO she just felt every note and her timing is unbelievable...

(by the way does anyone kow how to close the quote tekst, so that it's like it usuelly was)
Well in ice dance the lady is suppose to be in focus...and I believe Taka doesn’t want to let Mao down (and she’s smoking hot) so he’s concentrating really hard on the routine. Dai would totally steal away the attention from the lady Very Happy …so I believe Taka is more suitable as an ice dancer. And Dai’s to short anyway… but for an Ice Show , yeah Mao and Dai skating together would be a lot of fun.

We all see what we want to see, you're right about that. But I truly feel that Mao is very very happy when she’s with Taka. And I can’t stop smiling like an idiot when I see the two of them together. Oh no this is turning into a shipping thread…

maowataiyo wrote:

For her shoes, Mao uses an Italian maker, Risport and the blade is sharpened by a Japanese craftsmen that was a former coach, Kiyoharu/Seiji Sakata. His first name can be read in two ways so I don't know how he prefers to pronounce it (they're used to be a video of him). His blade sharpening technique is pretty well-known as he uses a ruby to finely custom sharpen blades to a skaters needs. Yuna also wears Risport and gets her blade sharpened by him too. Sakata said he's done blades for Mao since '02. Yuna came to him in '06; he refused her at first, sighting that he was busy, but she told him "she'd listen to anyone's advice to win". Sakata said he felt torn for sharpening the blades of his countrymen's rival, but so long as he accepted he was going to go through with it compleletly. At the Vancouver Olympics, he watched his craft put to use on Mao, Yuna, Miki and Akiko.

Wow, thank you so much for the information about Maos’s boots and blades Maowataiyo!!! And I love the pic!
I had no idea that you can use a ruby to sharpen blades, pretty cool! I should get Risport boots as well, maybe that would improve my skating…
If Mao would hire Yuna’s blade sharpener I’m sure some of Yuna's fans would turn it into a scandal... thank God Mao found him first!
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:15 pm

My pleasure, ClairDeMao! Tell me about it, some of Yuna's fans are way too...remember when there was news of Mao copying Yuna's bow!?> Rolling Eyes They make everything into something. I mean, there were some costumes of Mao that she wore when she was younger that were similar to what Yuna wore later, but if it were the other way around, the bots would be crying bloody murder of copying their high and mighty.

ETA: I meant to link this website as well in my previous post: http://www.ujt.co.jp/shoes.php

I didn't know you skated! You should try out alot of different boots. But it depends alot on what level skater you are. For beginners, I heard the Jackson lines are good and if you have a wide foot you should go for Riedell. For padding, SP-Teri skates might work too.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks for the links, everyone! Their pair number looks like so much fun! The clips are so tantalizing, and I can't wait to see the full program. From what they showed, Mao looked like she owned that performance. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:39 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

ClairDeMao wrote:
shikure wrote:

I agree that Mao is definitely dominates in the pair performance, while Taka is more reserved. As cute as they look together, I get a more sister/brother feel from their performance. If Mao would have skated with someone more manly and aggressive, this performance would've been on fire.

I know many or all of you guys will disagree and probably be angry with me for typing this, but I strongly stand by what I'm about to write.

While they seem like two good friends, I hope that's all they will be with each other. Taka seems like a nice, decent, humble guy, but he just doesn't feel man enough for Mao. He seems like he lacks worldly relationship experience considering he and Mao's whole life have been in practicing and competing in FS. And besides, the man is only 22 years old. I know Mao is only 20, but 20 for females is really 25 with the way we advance mentally faster than men. Mao needs a man who can teach her things outside of the figure skating world. Someone who can make her fall in love and break her heart so that she will know these experiences for herself, and translate them into her performances. Can you imagine how powerful and real Mao's performance would be once she does. People will be like Yuna who?

This is my personal opinion, and while I won't be offended by anyone disagreeing with me, I would love to hear you guys opinion on my comment.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:24 am

well said shar i deffinitly agree mao and taka really feel more like brother and sister and a little more experienced man would probably sit Mao a lot better. about the age thing well i still think she can find someone manly enough who is her age but being a few years older doesn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   THE ICE 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE ICE 2011
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next