Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!

Go down 
+66
ClairDeMao
kenkyo
haruka25
chineseteacup
qingshui
koala_lover
dlnnyc
sweetdream
Afsfan
zakkan
tianrushui
kirakira
femariel
Spacey
edberg830
bluewater
Lady_in_black
tilitom
Dani-Chan
dawnsherearequiet
sofia
Star85
Haidogirl
fefe_sky
jkblues
supportmaoasada
bibi
Ken Himura
skfan
illani
clovera
Luckyone
cherriee
babayaga
josling
let`s talk
Batsuchan
maowataiyo
dangerous_angel_face
kaarolcia
MaoChan756
inspiration*
Alokya
CraZsk8r
chapis
ddmm
purpledream
chiyori
polosatik
swan
bellarina
kaabi
alyssa
sapphiresky
shikure
aoi88
klarification
purplemaze
roma
ashcroft1086
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
linglang
emmie
europeanfan
Okami
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:49 pm

mao and mai, stay strong!
Back to top Go down
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sofia

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpEn5HFsvq8&feature=related

Do you remember this?

I can't believe that.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:10 pm

This is too sad for words, I really pray for Mao and Mai.

Stay strong, cry your heart out, but you will get past these difficult times. Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm

My condolences to Mao, Mai, and the rest of their family. Sad

ashcroft1086 wrote:
mao and mai, stay strong!
Yep!

Last edited by clovera on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm heartbroken for Mao and how much pain she and her family must be going through. Mao's mother was always there for her..after Mao was disappointed with herself at the Olympics, it was her mother's voice through a letter that told her she was proud of her; it was her mother that pushed her and encouraged her, that taught her about hard work and courage and joy. I can't imagine how much agony Mao is going through right now. I can't help but picture Mao on the plane, hoping and praying the whole flight that when she landed everything would be okay, her mom would be fine, only to find out that she didn't even get the chance to say goodbye. This is going to affect Mao like nothing else has before. Only time will tell how she will emerge from this. As Star85 said, though, she overcomes difficulties like no one else. I have faith that Mao will get through this difficult time, that she'll find the support she needs from others and strength from within. I'll be keeping her and her family in my thoughts and prayers in the meantime. Whatever happens, whatever she decides to do, I know I'll be supporting her, and I know whatever she does, her mother will always be proud of her.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:29 pm

omg I just knew it, I am in shock, I can't even believe it
omg wat to say
Mao, I am so sad and sorry, I can't say anything anymore it's so sad, jesus protect her and taker her with you
Be strong Mao and Mai Asada, we love you !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 pm

ddmm wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Thank you shikure. I'm glad Mao landed safely and in Japan now. I'm not that religious but I want to go to the church, don't know if it's ok since we have different religion. Sad

I am not religious either. If god really exists, then I really want to ask him why he's making Mao suffer even more ?

Rachel Flatt has tweeted for Mao: http://twitter.com/rachaelflatt
Very nice of her.

Like someone said, I am also egoist, I am very disappointed that Mao had to withdraw from GPF. Why why ? I wanted to see her so badly in the middle of the podium. Now, I want Akiko to win so that she can cheer Mao up !

Do you guys think that with this happening, there are many things that makes sence now (it was also mentioned in TV):
-Her mom's condition got worse after the Oly and that's when Mao started to loose weight.
-She took her driving license because her mom couldn'd drive her to the rink
-She insisted to move her training place from Moscow to Nagoya.

Boy, Mao is such a strong lady ! It's terrible and sad but I am sure that our Mao will come back even more stronger .
I love you MAO! Mushy Love

damn, this is so sad right now I feel miserable...
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:53 pm

kaarolcia wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
any more news about Mao's condition and what will happen from now on?
Ballerinamao, please give Mao a little bit of rest and space.
Right now she is not a figure skater, she is a daughter, who has just lost her mother. It is the biggest tragedy in her life, she must feel like her world is shattered to pieces right now. I am certain that she is not thinking of figure skating right now, and will not think of it in upcoming days.
We have to be patient and keep Mao, Mai and their whole family in our thoughts, prayers and hearts. And maybe somehow they will feel the strength we want to send them.

Yeah she really needs time and she will get all the time she need from us!
I remember how it was for me, when my grandparents died, i cant even imagine how painful it must be to lose mother or father! Just the thought of it makes me teary eyes!
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:14 pm

It is so sad, Mao we all love you. She is not alone, she has her father, sister, I know that is terrible, but I guess that all her family knew that this will happen soon.
Mao, her soul won´t die, she is with you everywhere, be strong, she is in rest now.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Oh Mao... Depressed Crying Sad I can't imagine what she and Mai must be going through right now.

Haidogirl wrote:
I remember how it was for me, when my grandparents died, i cant even imagine how painful it must be to lose mother or father! Just the thought of it makes me teary eyes!

I know what you mean. I lost my grandmother recently, and it was a very difficult time for the whole family, but for my mother especially. It doesn't matter how old you are, losing a parent isn't easy. I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose my mom—we have always been really close. When I think of what Mao and Mai must have been going through for some time now—knowing their mother was ill... Depressed Crying

At least they have each other. Friends and family are everything at a time like this.

I can't say anymore. This is just too sad... Bawling
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:48 pm

It is heartbreaking to know that Mao couldn't make it in time ... My deepest sympathy to Mao, Mai and their family. I'm sure Mao and Mai will help each other to stay strong, but it'll be very tough to experience such a loss at young ages. Crying or Very sad

I hope Mr. and Mrs. Sato will take a good care of Mao. I think she should take the rest of the season off, if she doesn't want to compete. I'm sure it'll be very, very difficult to skate with smiles while you are trying to come to terms with grief.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2011/12/10/kiji/K20111210002213140.html
Mr. Sato's comment: I don't know what to say. I'm too sad for words. I know this is one thing that no one can avoid, but I'm very sorry and worried about her because she's too young and can easily be upset by grief. She and her mother had worked closely together to become a top skater, and thus I think she is extremely shocked. I hope she will overcome it as soon as possible and follow in her mother's passion and carry out her mother's last wish.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:42 pm

I also hope she will be able to overcome this. One of Mao's goals afterall is to overcome and she's a strong young lady. Just looking at her performances this season now makes me wonder how she was able to put up a brave, genuine smile while performing her programs esp her FS while at the same time worrying about her mom. And during her most recent practice clips in the GPF she was really doing good, giving it her all, as if she was skating with an important purpose.

Reading at the posts now, I'd presume this condition has been going on for quite some time but only got really worse this year. Maybe this is the reason why no matter what Mao prefers to train in Japan even during the Olympic year and she dedicated her medals to her mom. Mao lovers her mom so much so she always tries her best to give her best performance. It's a good thing they both love skating. Now I'm wondering what her mom's last wish was. Whatever it is, I hope Mao takes her time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 pm

I agree with linglang and roma. Obviously as fans we love seeing Mao skate, but what we want most is what's best for her. And if she needs to take time off, I'll fully support her and will send warm wishes her way. If she doesn't need to take time off, I'll be cheering her on along with the rest of you.

roma, I'm guessing, judging by the context of the whole sentence, that her last wish has to do with skating. I'd guess it has to do wish Mao becoming the best skater she can be. And I'm not sure if it was her literal last deathbed wish or whether it was a general wish she had for Mao - is it possible to tell based on the phrasing in Japanese? Whatever the case, I think it's apparent that Mao's mother was so proud of her skating and did everything she could to make sure Mao could be as good as possible. Whether Mao will be spurred on and even more motivated, or whether she will find it too difficult to skate because of all the memories, we don't yet know. Whatever the case may be, I agree with roma in hoping that Mao is able to take some time now to grieve and be with her family and friends.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:32 am

bellarina wrote:
I agree with linglang and roma. Obviously as fans we love seeing Mao skate, but what we want most is what's best for her. And if she needs to take time off, I'll fully support her and will send warm wishes her way. If she doesn't need to take time off, I'll be cheering her on along with the rest of you.

roma, I'm guessing, judging by the context of the whole sentence, that her last wish has to do with skating. I'd guess it has to do wish Mao becoming the best skater she can be. And I'm not sure if it was her literal last deathbed wish or whether it was a general wish she had for Mao - is it possible to tell based on the phrasing in Japanese? Whatever the case, I think it's apparent that Mao's mother was so proud of her skating and did everything she could to make sure Mao could be as good as possible. Whether Mao will be spurred on and even more motivated, or whether she will find it too difficult to skate because of all the memories, we don't yet know. Whatever the case may be, I agree with roma in hoping that Mao is able to take some time now to grieve and be with her family and friends.

Thanks bellarina.

Regarding the last wish of her mom, it's "a general wish she had for Mao" rather than "her literal last deathbed wish." Sorry for confusion by my word choice in translation. I don't think Mr. Sato had known anything about her dying wish when he gave his comment because it's too soon to be revealed to people outside of the family.
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 1:08 am

linglang wrote:
bellarina wrote:

Thanks bellarina.

Regarding the last wish of her mom, it's "a general wish she had for Mao" rather than "her literal last deathbed wish." Sorry for confusion by my word choice in translation. I don't think Mr. Sato had known anything about her dying wish when he gave his comment because it's too soon to be revealed to people outside of the family.
Yep, that's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying, linglang.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 1:53 am

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:20 am

what did he say?
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:29 am

Is there anything we can do to comfort Mao? I want to help in some way but I don't know how. Is it appropriate to send a letter through her agency or is there a way we can leave a message for her family on her website? I haven't posted anything for a long time, and I'm sad I am back here because of something like this.
Back to top Go down
kaabi

kaabi

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:39 am

It's so sad... I'm so sad I just tear up and cry whenever I think or read about this :-( I can't imagine how Mao and her family must feel... and even when she came back to japan she had her face covered by the mask so the photographers wouldn't be able to capture her expression, c'mon ppl give her space!! i hope they will let her grieve in peace for a while now... i think they will.

I can't translate 100% and i don't know if my translation is accurate, but he's say how this is a tough time for everyone, and then how the funeral will only be attended by the family. He also says when Mai and Mao saw their mom's peaceful expression on her face they understood their mom's painful battle against the disease was finally over and are being firm and strong-hearted now. From now on, he asks that everyone (or himself) please watch over his daughters with a warm heart.

That's the best I could get for now but it is a heart-warming message. ;_;
Back to top Go down
kaabi

kaabi

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:42 am

tilitom wrote:
Is there anything we can do to comfort Mao? I want to help in some way but I don't know how. Is it appropriate to send a letter through her agency or is there a way we can leave a message for her family on her website? I haven't posted anything for a long time, and I'm sad I am back here because of something like this.

Yes. I was hoping we could send a postcard filled with our warm support and love or something like that.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:47 am

kaabi wrote:
It's so sad... I'm so sad I just tear up and cry whenever I think or read about this :-( I can't imagine how Mao and her family must feel... and even when she came back to japan she had her face covered by the mask so the photographers wouldn't be able to capture her expression, c'mon ppl give her space!! i hope they will let her grieve in peace for a while now... i think they will.

I can't translate 100% and i don't know if my translation is accurate, but he's say how this is a tough time for everyone, and then how the funeral will only be attended by the family. He also says when Mai and Mao saw their mom's peaceful expression on her face they understood their mom's painful battle against the disease was finally over and are being firm and strong-hearted now. From now on, he asks that everyone (or himself) please watch over his daughters with a warm heart.

That's the best I could get for now but it is a heart-warming message. ;_;
Thank you for translation, I still can't stop crying Depressed Crying
I think we should send Mao a card or something, to support her through such a difficult time.
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 am

shikure wrote:
http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/2011/12/10/0004674489.shtml announcement from Mao's father

Thank you so much for this shikure.

Those are beautiful, kind words from Mao's father. I am so moved yet again, i was waiting for his words or messages about his wife's passing. He is saying his thanks for all the kind support and prayers for his/this family's ordeal, and would follow his wifes request of a simple, private funeral of only close kins, friends and family. Sad I am also so relieved to hear that Mao, and Mai are at peace and being acceptable now of their Mom's passing..

ETA : thank-you kaabi for the beautiful translation, i couldn't do it as well as you did.

Last edited by purplemaze on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:50 am

sportnavi Japan summarized all the twitter msg from skaters and related ppl

http://www.plus-blog.sportsnavi.com/figure_skate/article/19

Mao's father said they are strong now and that makes me feel better.

About worlds , JSF said since Mao didn't say she is going to withdraw from national championship yet, they won't comment anything about "exception for ppl not compete in national championship to worlds"
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:00 am

purplemaze wrote:
shikure wrote:
http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/2011/12/10/0004674489.shtml announcement from Mao's father

Thank you so much for this shikure.

Those are beautiful, kind words from Mao's father. I am so moved yet again, i was waiting for his words or messages about his wife's passing. He is saying his thanks for all the kind support and prayers for his/this family's ordeal, and would follow his wifes request of a simple, private funeral of only close kins, friends and family. Sad I am also so relieved to hear that Mao, and Mai are at peace and being acceptable now of their Mom's passing..
These two girls are just too amazing to be true. Their strength is unbelievable. They will become even closer if that's possible. I'm glad to hear such a beautiful words from Mao/Mai's father. My thoughts are with Asada family and I really hope no one will disturb them in this difficult time. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!
Page 9 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next