Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs

Go down 
+58
tianrushui
clovera
Rose
ashcroft1086
dlynndao
Spacey
sapphiresky
swan
alyssa
will_power
Ken Himura
chapis
Luckyone
haruka25
BowbowDaijin
Haidogirl
illani
apple4me
bibi
kenkyo
fefe_sky
let`s talk
Afsfan
supportmaoasada
Batsuchan
cera
patknowsbest
jkblues
itcaip
cherriee
ElleluvsL
emmie
Dani-Chan
KariDebate
roma
babayaga
Okami
dangerous_angel_face
Lady_in_black
bellarina
josling
Alokya
kaarolcia
polosatik
linglang
ddmm
klarification
MaoChan756
skfan
PochinkoPotanko
europeanfan
skating_fanatic
maowataiyo
chiyori
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Mao_Asada_sunrise
shikure
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:19 pm

HI EVERYONE!!!

I will be watching Mao tonight!

Any links, and what time will it start?
Back to top Go down
apple4me

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:22 pm

did the ladies free skate started yet? The link is not working again
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:23 pm

will_power wrote:
For people who don't have facebook, I uploaded 4 pictures on my tumblr haha

http://preludeopthreeno2.tumblr.com/post/17448819333/taken-by-me-dont-steal-please

I love the new costume. The coloring and top reminds me of the Marchesa dress that Zoe Saldana wore Swoon

Thank you so much for sharing, will_power! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Good morning everyone, it's 3 a.am. here, I can barely keep my eyes open, Coffee but it's worth it, can't wait for Mao to skate!

Go Mao! Kick some butt! Cheering

Mao_Asada_sunrise it has already started

Edit: babayaga thanks for posting the link. For some reason, I have problems with posting links. don't understand why. No

Last edited by zarinaballerina on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:27 pm

It has already started! I am watching on icenetwork, but there is a free stream here:
http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-vid...t/infotele.asx
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Thank you everyone, and I know! I'm late zarinaballerina! Lol!

The link doesn't work for me babayaga.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:31 pm

babayaga wrote:
Try this maybe: http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-video/pop.shtml#urlMedia=http://www.radio-canada.ca/util/endirect/infotele.asx

Thank you!!!

Do you, by any chance, know how long until Mao skates?

Also, do you know how to make it into a bigger screen?
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:34 pm

babayaga wrote:
Try this maybe: http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-video/pop.shtml#urlMedia=http://www.radio-canada.ca/util/endirect/infotele.asx

Never mind! I found it! It's because I don't know how to speak or read French. Hahaha! I tried clicking a button, and it worked!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:35 pm

My guess it's "plein ekran" button in the upper left corner Hell, no!

ETA: I am too late Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Mao_asada_sunrise here is the time scedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2012/fc2012_Ladies_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

Edit: yay, I know how to post the links again. I'm such an idiot. Embarassed it's to early here to think straight.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:39 pm

babayaga wrote:
My guess it's "plein ekran" button in the upper left corner Hell, no!

ETA: I am too late Smile

Mao won't be skating until two hours from now?
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:40 pm

chiyori wrote:
Lol at Ashley being ahead of Kanako and getting +GOE on her two-footed 3-3. I want to be happy for her because her efforts are being recognised, but I can't. Not this way. I think the judges got a memo that the best way to get the crowd involved was to have an american in contention, not a complete beat down by the japanese girls. That's the only explanation I see. I love Ashley's SP, but it should have barely cracked the 60 mark.

Kanako will always be underrated in the PCS departement, simply because there's Mao. We've seen it before. When the judges have the slightest opportunity to do it, they will avoid one country dominating the international podiums at all costs. Kanako is on the receiving end of being the 3rd japanese skater. Just like Taka-chan was for such a long time. Clean or not, I doubt he will get the PCS he deserves at Worlds (which should be Dai and Chan-level) because he's the 2nd japanese man. Same for Kanako, unless Akiko has a complete meltdown, the judges will hold Kanako's PCS below hers. It's awful but that's how it works. With Kanako becoming consistent again and building confidence, I think Japan has all it takes this year to sweep the podium at Worlds, but that will never happen. Sad If it comes to that, they will use the serial killer Amano to downgrade her jumps and keep her away from the top 3 lol.

Nice skate for Mao though! She had a lot of "easy" speed. I think Caro and Kanako are still faster, but you can see them building speed, pumping the upper body, etc. while Mao just glides smoothly over the ice, almost as quickly as them, but elegant and straight-backed. Gorgeous!!

Close up, the fluff on her chest is ugly, but from afar, it does make her look curvier, more feminine, which is the whole point of it, I think. Let's not kid ourserlves... As skinny as she is at the moment, Mao has very little curves to display and is mostly flat. I think that is one of the reason for the costume change. Her pants were awesome but they elongated her and the top part really highlighted her lack of curves. With a dress, she suddenly seems to have rounder hips and to the people up in the audience, the fluff on her chest was probably seen as breasts, and not fabric. The design on her stomach is also obviously doing awesome things to narrow her waist, again adding to her hips. From my point of view, this was the designer's goal. And it works very nicely, though I'm not sure I really like the color. I would have kept the gorgeous puprple color or used a more eye-popping blue.

Anyway, I hope she has a new FS dress as well because since her loss of weight before Worlds last year, it has been doing nothing for her. It just emphasizes her the lack of "relief" between her waist and hips. The skirt could use a bit of fluffling up, otherwise she just looks like a wooden plank from the side, albeit a very pretty one! Razz

Sorry, I always end up talking about her costumes in very long posts lol. I'm not critisizing Mao's figure, but her designer's usual inability to work with it. I just find it sad when the designs are highlighting things they shouldn't be... (another good example of this is Alissa's white nightgown at Nationals... when you've got a long torso like she has, you do not use a very low-cut stark white dress with a low waist line and a long skirt... Her torso looked like it was 4 feet long while her legs looked ridiculously short... being tall and skinny doesn't mean everything will fit you. Wink A creamier color and a higher cut neck line would have made all this much prettier.) I mean what's a profesional designer for, if not to point out these things to the skater and her team. This SP dress is a step in the right direction, though there's still work to do Wink

I so much agree with you Chiyori. It's sad that in FS, skaters are classified according to their reputation or so. The judges should score them according to what they see in front of their eyes.

Thanks for all of you for your wonderful posts and letting me know the time FS starts.

I love Mao's new costume. If it's longer, it could be a nice cocktail dress !!!! she's lovely.
I hope she won't do 3A today. No not now. I'd rather she keeps her energy till the end.
GO MAO!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:51 pm

ddmm I'm hoping for no 3A as well, but I think she's going for it.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:58 pm

mimi tanasorn chindasook of thailand must be a mao fan because her costume looks really similar to mao's jupiter costume. so many of mao's dresses have copies, which i find really flattering.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Wow, everyone keeps falling.

I'm getting nervous for Mao.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 pm

The thing I don't really like about her both new dresses is the top.
The SP one with fur bra and the one, when I saw pic from other blogger, they put the fiber to add the volume of her top which is not totally unnecessary Mad they should just keep that more fit her not fiber everywhere.

ETA: but her dress didn't bother me when she was moving most of time. the only one really bothered me is the one of 2011 world SP~ too annoying and can't be ignored.

Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:13 pm

shikure wrote:
The thing I don't really like about her both new dresses is the top.
The SP one with fur bra and the one, when I saw pic from other blogger, they put the fiber to add the volume of her top which is not totally unnecessary Mad they should just keep that more fit her not fiber everywhere.

ETA: but her dress didn't bother me when she was moving most of time. the only one really bothered me is the one of 2011 world SP~ too annoying and can't be ignored.

I actually like the new dress. It's something different at least! Mao changes her dress often! Lol!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Pretty much everyone bombed so far.. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Maybe ISU should rethink about holding competition at such high altitude, although I'm consoling myself, that these aren't the worlds best skaters, but I am a bit worried.

Go Mao! You can do it! Yep! Boogie
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Thanks for the link:

Oh I love the music 'the mission'. It reminds me of last year's Miki's SP.

BTW, I wonder how they choose the skaters who compete. Frankly, some skaters barely go above 50 marks in the FP. And when you think of the number of hours the competition lasts.....or do they have no choice because there are less and less skaters in the world.

Last edited by ddmm on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:32 pm

This did not count as a fall, remember judges she kept her butt OFF ice Yep!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:35 pm

ddmm wrote:
Thanks for the link:

BTW, I wonder how they choose the skaters who compete. Frankly, some skaters hardly go above 50 marks in the FP. And when you think of the number of hours the competition lasts.....or do they have no choice because there are less and less skaters in the world.

Do you know the music Zhaira Costiniano skated to?
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:36 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
This did not count as a fall, remember judges she kept her butt OFF ice Yep!

My thought exactly lol!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
ddmm wrote:
Thanks for the link:

BTW, I wonder how they choose the skaters who compete. Frankly, some skaters hardly go above 50 marks in the FP. And when you think of the number of hours the competition lasts.....or do they have no choice because there are less and less skaters in the world.

Do you know the music Zhaira Costiniano skated to?

Couldn't watch her....the stream just kept freezing. Was it a nice music ?
I just saw the chinese skater skating to 'por una cabeza'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs
Page 15 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next