Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

junior world championship

Go down 
+17
ddmm
polosatik
shikure
roma
swan
babayaga
fefe_sky
Star85
ashcroft1086
tianrushui
ElleluvsL
4u4a
Abdiel
bibi
zarinaballerina
princessinpink
ballerinamao
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

junior world championship Empty
PostSubject: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Junior World Championshi is right around the corner and should be really interesting with all the new kkaters battling it out, any predictions, any favourite?

I for my part am really interesting in seeing who gracy gold is, and how she will do against the russian and japanese skaters!
Back to top Go down
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:28 pm

adelina is still competing right? i can't wait to see the battle between her and julia...it's too bad lisa isn't going otherwise we could so easily have a russian sweep!

my favourite is actually zijun li - i think she has all it takes but her scores aren't very good Sad anyone knows why? or have some guesses?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:06 pm

well zijun li is still quite new and doesn't have the reputation that the russian skaters have, but like you i agree this girl has it all and could be a major spoiler
Back to top Go down
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:32 pm

she was in the jgp last year and this year - i re-watched it right after i posted and i think part of it is that she has a little bit of lethargy in her performance. doesn't she remind you of mao the way she jumps so lightly? i love it Wub
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 pm

I've just seen her YOG long program. She was great, and that layback spin is awesome, not to mention the ending pose. Many Hearts I thought she's going to touch the back of her legs with her head!
I think one of the reasons for her low score is the lack of facial expres​sion(judges seem to like this alot), so once she learns that, she'll be a major threat.
I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see her on the podium this week, though I don't know how Gracie Gold is going to be judged. In the States she's considered to be the next big thing...
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:57 pm

what I find interesting, is wheter she will be able to deliver in a real competition, and if she does how long it will go on, cause some skaters beginn crumble when under pressure, whe there is too much expectation o them. and a grows spurt could also change for the worse later on, there simply have been so many talentet youngsters that never really made it in their senior career!
Back to top Go down
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 pm

she hasn't so far. i think i would worry about lisa and adelina crumbling a lot more...

why was gracie gold only assigned one junior grand prix? was it because she's 16 already? i'm so confused as to why she just started...
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:10 pm

princessinpink wrote:
she hasn't so far. i think i would worry about lisa and adelina crumbling a lot more...

why was gracie gold only assigned one junior grand prix? was it because she's 16 already? i'm so confused as to why she just started...
She didn't make it to junior nationals last year so she didn't have any JGP at first. But she did a lot of competitions over the summer to show US figure skating she had what it take to do JGP so they gave her one. But in my opinion, they should have given her two because she was their best bet for the JGPF.
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 pm

i thought she was pretty good and could have made the JGPF...she must have improved A LOT over the last year!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:09 pm

princessinpink wrote:
i thought she was pretty good and could have made the JGPF...she must have improved A LOT over the last year!
Yes I thought so too Smile and well she has been promising for a few years. I just think last year she grew a lot and she had some not so good performances. But you can go check her out on youtubes and she's been skating pretty well for a few years Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:09 pm

she's so powerful! i saw the clip of her doing a triple lutz, triple toe, and a triple loop affraid

i hope she comes of age prettily for Sochi - then there will be some sort of an American contingency haha
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:21 pm

There is a lot of talent brewing in the junior ladies as well as men. I wish Nathan Chen and Liza c could and would compete this year, but... Ah well. With the likes of Li, Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Gold, Nguyen... I have a feeling that junior worlds will be more interesting than senior worlds (the judges make me feel nauseous)... But given that Mao will compete at senior worlds makes it a different matter. I remember she still has the best junior records... I wonder what will happen this year??
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:49 am

Julia Lipnitskaia broke Mao's record (point total) at JGP Milan scoring 183.05. Mao's record was 179 something if I'm not mistaken.

Julia is fantastic, but I don't understand her pcs score. For now,her programs are all look at me and my amazing flexibility, without any emotion. However, once she learns to feel her programs (and if she survives the puberty), she's going to be competing for gold medals.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:59 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Julia Lipnitskaia broke Mao's record (point total) at JGP Milan scoring 183.05. Mao's record was 179 something if I'm not mistaken.

Julia is fantastic, but I don't understand her pcs score. For now,her programs are all look at me and my amazing flexibility, without any emotion. However, once she learns to feel her programs (and if she survives the puberty), she's going to be competing for gold medals.

I stand corrected... perhaps I should narrow things... Mao still has the best JNWC record. We'll see if somebody else can break that record. I've seen Julia's videos, and I'll agree she's VERY flexible, and that she needs to balance out her expressiveness/artistry with her flexibility and jump consistency, which I hope, she retains after puberty.
Back to top Go down
4u4a

4u4a

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:40 am

Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:43 am

Well! Men's prequalifying round news update!

[1] Nam Nguyen won the qualifying round for men's division (116.33, with 3A). He said his 3A looked easy but it was difficult to do. Yep! 3A at 12!! I remember Mao being able to land 3A at 12... :3

[2] Jun Hyoung Lee of South Korea was 2nd with 110.48. Michael Christian Martinez of the Philippines (yay, go Pinoys!) was third. I've skated with Martinez during public sessions, and he's quite good. He just needs the training and time to improve.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2012/02/27/sp-nguyen-figure-skating.html
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Ladies SP results
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wjc2012/CAT006RS.HTM

Julia is in first, and Gracie is in second, ahead of Adelina WOW!

Satoko is in fourth...

I wonder where Liza would have placed if she hadn't withdrawn...

Are there videos up anywhere?
Back to top Go down
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:25 pm

it's really interesting to see adelina in 3rd...with a lower PCS score than julia. it feels as though the judges abandoned her because of her inconsistency on the senior grand prix.
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Adelina messed up her spins. She got negative GOEs in two spin and also got a level 1 spin. That cost her lot. About her PCS, well, Julia is really the star in juniors this year.
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Does anyone here know why Risa Shoji ended up in eighteenth place? No
Back to top Go down
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:19 pm

here are the protocols for the ladies sp

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wjc2012/wjc2012_JuniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf

risa's combination jumps (3S-3T) the second jump was downgraded..

and for her solo jump, 3Lz was under-rotated..

her pcs marks are also low... ranging from 4.50 to 6.50...
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:38 am

Abdiel wrote:
There is a lot of talent brewing in the junior ladies as well as men. I wish Nathan Chen and Liza c could and would compete this year, but... Ah well. With the likes of Li, Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Gold, Nguyen... I have a feeling that junior worlds will be more interesting than senior worlds (the judges make me feel nauseous)... But given that Mao will compete at senior worlds makes it a different matter. I remember she still has the best junior records... I wonder what will happen this year??

I agree. Nathan Chen is still only 12 (yeah I know, he doesn't skate like it!), so unfortunately he has to wait one more year. I'm going to be so impatient by the time we finally get to see him compete in Senior competitions!

Yes, it may very well still be more exciting than seniors this year. I'm happy to hear that Julia has done well! She is the most exciting out of all the jr girls I've seen right now IMO. Her flexibility is so amazing and entertaining. I can't wait to see her skating develop more, and her artistry catch up to her technical side. Sasha fans like me need that void filled. lol
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
fefe_sky

fefe_sky

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:12 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:19 am

Star85 wrote:
Abdiel wrote:

I agree. Nathan Chen is still only 12 (yeah I know, he doesn't skate like it!), so unfortunately he has to wait one more year. I'm going to be so impatient by the time we finally get to see him compete in Senior competitions!

Yes, it may very well still be more exciting than seniors this year. I'm happy to hear that Julia has done well! She is the most exciting out of all the jr girls I've seen right now IMO. Her flexibility is so amazing and entertaining. I can't wait to see her skating develop more, and her artistry catch up to her technical side. Sasha fans like me need that void filled. lol

Nathan was born in May in 1999, so he'll be able to skate at juniors next season. I've seen a video of his lp at nationals, this kid has star potential, I couldn't believe he was only 12.

Here is Gracie Gold's sp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiEJF__ABqQ

Adelina's sp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCSt73OB3SE
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks for the videolinks, zarinaballerina and fefe_sky Cool

and thanks for explaining what went wrong with Risa Shoji's sp, ashcroft1086, although it's still shocking to see her that far down. I'm hoping that she comes back with a strong long program to at least vault herself back into the top ten.

I can't wait to see how it all plays out...

ETA: Adelina's skating now, I think...
Gracie is in the lead with like 171, but Adelina and Julia can both beat that pretty easily when they're at their best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

junior world championship
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next