Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

junior world championship

Go down 
+17
ddmm
polosatik
shikure
roma
swan
babayaga
fefe_sky
Star85
ashcroft1086
tianrushui
ElleluvsL
4u4a
Abdiel
bibi
zarinaballerina
princessinpink
ballerinamao
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

junior world championship - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:18 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
How can she NOT know she's skating to the same music as Sasha had in the olympics?!
Well, she was only 7yo then.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Star85 wrote:
polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
I know that Julia uses her flexibility a lot for transition in her program. However, why not use it when you're able to do it? It's her trading mark. People will recognize her because of it and I think that's a good thing! If she want to be a unique skater and not do the same thing as everyone else, that's the way to do it !
And she still pretty young, only 13 ! So she has plenty of time to learn to hear the music. And I disagree that her jumping technique is weak. She has a pretty good technique (not for the 2axel). Not having height in jumps doesn't mean bad technique, it only means that she doesn't have the streight yet to have height! Just look at her 3toe, it's amazingly straight in the air and she barely forces to do it!
Julia rotates jumps very fast, you know that then girls grow up they rotate much slower. And as she doesn't have much height on them she may start UR . Look at Adelina, she had very secure jumps two years ago, what happened now? What I'm trying to say is that I doubt she can survive with such technique but if she will, I'll applaud her. And if we're talking about showing great flexibility-that's Sasha Cohen, Julia doesn't show her flexibility, she doesn't hold her positions enough. She just pull her leg quickly and move on. I remember the time when everyone was so excited about Caroline Zhang, and the only difference i see between her and Julia -is that Julia doesn't have thankfully mule kick. Same problems with 2a, and same rotation on jumps.

ITA with Bibi. I like how she uses her flexibility a lot. It's rare to see a skater who's that flexible, and I enjoy seeing. She seems to be even a bit more flexible than Sasha. Yes, she does rush through her program, but she is improving on that and everything else too from what I can see. She's only 13. Yes, she didn't seem to hold her positions as long this time, but I've seen her do them for longer. Still, I think she held them long enough to impress. I try not to get too excited about very talented jr skaters any more, cause they often struggle so much with puberty, but I'm having a harder time not getting exited about this one.

as a fan of rhythmic gymnastics, i appreciate julia's flexibility too and i adore her skating. sure, she's not perfect but which skater is, anyway?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:23 pm

let`s talk wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
How can she NOT know she's skating to the same music as Sasha had in the olympics?!
Well, she was only 7yo then.

Yes, I know that. I should have been more specific, what I meant was, how come no one (her coaches, Morozov) told her she has the same programs (short and long) as Sasha had in 06. No wonder she gets even more compared to Sasha this way, but maybe that was Morozov's goal all along... Though personally I feel Julia is a bit too young for such programs.
I can't wait to see how she'll fare against seniors next season. This should be exciting!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Here's a good article talking about a lot of the same things we have - mainly on how Jr. skaters can be very impressive, then often have a rough go when the hit puberty, and transition to Sr's. Seems like everyone is really starting to take notice of this more than ever before. I know I am:

http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating-in-national/opining-on-junior-worlds-these-girls-got-hops-gold-s-meteoric-rise
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 am

I might be in minority here because I like both Julia and Adelina. I think Julia is pretty expressive and feels the music, she just needs more time to mature, better choreography and music. The positions she hits are nice but she needs to hold them longer, to polish them(and to tone it down a bit when it comes to sticking up the leg before each jump...which I think it's a hard move to do and gets her high Tr mark but it takes away from the overall program). But boy, she is a 13 year old who's biggest mistake all season was a little mistake on a jump. No falls or even step-outs whatsoever. I know she swept the podium like Adelina did last season but Adelina was nowhere near that consistent last year(not to mention this year). The only problem I see with Julia is her tiny jumps. Her jumps are nice, no mule kick like Caroline, no pre-rotation, but they are tiny. And I am afraid once she starts to grow and her rotation speed gets slower her jumps will deteriorate. But who knows. Maybe she will have more power and jump higher and keeps her jumps. I wish her all the best.
Adelina grew a lot since last season. Watch back to back her long programs from both Jr. Worlds. The fact that she kept her jumps, still landed the 3Lz-3Loop is a good sign. This is not the first time she has a growth spurt. The season before her Junior debut(after she became Russian champion for the first time) she was falling at least 3 or 4 time every competition(and placed fourth in Russian nationals that season). But she managed to adapt to the changes of her body and had a great 2010-2011 season. I think she'll be fine by next season.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 am

through adelina and julia is strong jumpers, their technique isn't the best and i fear that they will suffer alot because of it, later on. some of their jumps look really akward in the air and that's not a good sign...
Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:19 am

Could someone please explain to me what exactly unfinish movement is Question

Thank you very much. About Julia jump, she doesn't have high jump but I think the coverage is fine.

Although I admire her flexibility, but the choreography is really emphasis too much on it. I hope
she will ditch Morozov. Razz
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Afsfan wrote:
Could someone please explain to me what exactly unfinish movement is Question

Thank you very much. About Julia jump, she doesn't have high jump but I think the coverage is fine.

Although I admire her flexibility, but the choreography is really emphasis too much on it. I hope
she will ditch Morozov. Razz

I may not be the best person to explain this to you, but what my take on an unfinished movement is when a skater just kind of rushes through or neglects the choreography. OR when they don't hold a spiral or a spin long enough. Hm now that you mention it, I guess I'm not completely sure what it is either. Lol
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:57 pm

i heard a commentator some time ago talk about watching the landings of junior skaters. he said that easy landings, not hard, bode well for senior careers Smile just a thought..
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:57 am

Risa's injury update
http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=457#457
"a stress fracture in the right metatarsal bone"..sigh...are JSF going to ruin every young female skater's career ?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:50 pm

oh that doesn't sound good...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:25 pm

shikure wrote:
Risa's injury update
http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=457#457
"a stress fracture in the right metatarsal bone"..sigh...are JSF going to ruin every young female skater's career ?

She has restarted training with this kind of injury? I thought stress fracture takes quite some time to heal...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

junior world championship
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3