Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

junior world championship

Go down 
+17
ddmm
polosatik
shikure
roma
swan
babayaga
fefe_sky
Star85
ashcroft1086
tianrushui
ElleluvsL
4u4a
Abdiel
bibi
zarinaballerina
princessinpink
ballerinamao
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
princessinpink

junior world championship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:10 pm

well adelina fell once but julia won...it's like mao's 2004-2005 season! Swept the whole junior circuit!

i hope there are videos fast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:11 pm

hey guys how do you know all that does anyone have a live stream ot something
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:18 pm

I knew from the live results being posted up on the ISU event page, so I'm still waiting for videos of the lp to come up later in the day on youtube or somewhere...
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Congratulations to Julia, she crushed the competition! Also happy for Satoko, great result for her! Woot!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:42 pm

babayaga wrote:
Congratulations to Julia, she crushed the competition! Also happy for Satoko, great result for her! Woot!

Yep, her score is HUGE! 187.05, she would've won Europeans this year with this score, and that with a junior program! Freaking amazing!
It sucks, that there is no live stream. Stupid ISU... Very Mad
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:12 pm

julia! flower
adelina, you'll get it next time!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:18 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
babayaga wrote:

Yep, her score is HUGE! 187.05, she would've won Europeans this year with this score, and that with a junior program! Freaking amazing!

And she got higher PCS than Adelina in both SP and LP (unlike at Russian nationals)! I don't think TAT and Russian Fed is doing much good to Adelina by favoring her over others so strongly at local competitions.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:08 pm

babayaga wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
babayaga wrote:

And she got higher PCS than Adelina in both SP and LP (unlike at Russian nationals)! I don't think TAT and Russian Fed is doing much good to Adelina by favoring her over others so strongly at local competitions.

Agree. I honestly believe that Julia should have won nats this year, Adelina has also been very generously scored at GP. In IMO judges at GP scored her potential (what she is capable of doing), not what she actually showed at the competitions.
And I don't understand how Adelina got 0.20 GOE on her 3Lutz3Loop combo with "e" on her lutz. Suspect

Julia's lp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnCf_n9mJnY

Adelina's lp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDo2AdDb_c0
Back to top Go down
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:53 pm

julia's fs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnCf_n9mJnY&feature=g-all&context=G255b666FAAAAAAAAAAA

if you click on the uploader you'll find adelina and the others Smile
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Does anyone know if something is wrong with Risa? Is she injured? Even with all the popped jumps I enjoyed her program so much. I hope she'll resolve all her issues and come back strong next year, she is too good to just fade away like that. No
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Risa has not been doing good in competitions this season with so many downgrade and underrotation calls. She has to address those issues. Julia's scores and pcs are interesting compared to Adelina. Julia has sky high scores now while Adelina's has lowered. I guess its because of how Adelina has been performing this season. The pressure might be too much. But I also wonder how Liza would have done here or how she'd have been scored compared to Julia if she also hit everything.

Great for Gracie Gold to land silver!

OTOH, I read Japan has lost a spot in Junior Men. What about the Junior Ladies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Japan lost a spot in ladies too. The two highest finishes are 4 and 12, together 16, and has to be 13 to keep 3. On the bright side, Satoko finished 4th and earned Japan 2 spots at each of the junior GP event next season (14 overall).
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:07 pm

babayaga wrote:
Does anyone know if something is wrong with Risa? Is she injured? Even with all the popped jumps I enjoyed her program so much. I hope she'll resolve all her issues and come back strong next year, she is too good to just fade away like that. No

I remembered that Risa talked about her jump issues and she was fixing both her jump entrant and landing. last time, she said her coach and her have fixed the entrant, now they are working on the landing part. the other issue is she was growing Sad

ETA: about Julia, some of movements really bothered me that we know she has great flexibility but if that is necessary to have so many movement that she put her leg above her head in the program? in the opening of her SP, she did that twice (?) before first jump.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:49 am

shikure wrote:
babayaga wrote:

I remembered that Risa talked about her jump issues and she was fixing both her jump entrant and landing. last time, she said her coach and her have fixed the entrant, now they are working on the landing part. the other issue is she was growing Sad

ETA: about Julia, some of movements really bothered me that we know she has great flexibility but if that is necessary to have so many movement that she put her leg above her head in the program? in the opening of her SP, she did that twice (?) before first jump.
This annoys me like hell. Every movement is unfinished, too many weird movements and it looked like she is late to the plane or something, everything is in a hurry.

Her skating is junior, Adelina's not. I can't understand how Julia's PCS can be so high, and she doesn't hear music at all. Her skating is all about jumps, stretch etc. Adelina and Liza are far superior to her. also Julia's technique is not good, she can rotate her jumps cause she's little now, but in reality her jumps are very small and the height is about like Zhang's jumps. She's super confident, like Adelina was last year. But somehow the more I see Julia the less I like her.
She even didn't know she was skating to the same music as Sasha in 2006 olympic season.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:29 am

polosatik wrote:
shikure wrote:
babayaga wrote:

This annoys me like hell. Every movement is unfinished, too many weird movements and it looked like she is late to the plane or something, everything is in a hurry.

Her skating is junior, Adelina's not. I can't understand how Julia's PCS can be so high, and she doesn't hear music at all. Her skating is all about jumps, stretch etc. Adelina and Liza are far superior to her. also Julia's technique is not good, she can rotate her jumps cause she's little now, but in reality her jumps are very small and the height is about like Zhang's jumps. She's super confident, like Adelina was last year. But somehow the more I see Julia the less I like her.
She even didn't know she was skating to the same music as Sasha in 2006 olympic season.

I share the same feeling here and her great flexibility sort of scaring me Razz figure skating should be art but her program became scary with those weird movement. of course, i believe that she will grow to better skater but for now, her coach and choreographer should be more focus on "program" not those jump and leg over head movement.

for ppl asking about Risa, here is the interview early this season and you can see her talking about her problem http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=456&sid=284b9ced97d9b8d71af9b2772157e250#456 at least we know they know that and tried to fix it.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:21 am

I know that Julia uses her flexibility a lot for transition in her program. However, why not use it when you're able to do it? It's her trading mark. People will recognize her because of it and I think that's a good thing! If she want to be a unique skater and not do the same thing as everyone else, that's the way to do it !
And she still pretty young, only 13 ! So she has plenty of time to learn to hear the music. And I disagree that her jumping technique is weak. She has a pretty good technique (not for the 2axel). Not having height in jumps doesn't mean bad technique, it only means that she doesn't have the streight yet to have height! Just look at her 3toe, it's amazingly straight in the air and she barely forces to do it!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:23 am

Julia's so often lifted leg bothers me too, it sometimes doesn' look that nice. But what worries me more is that Adelina's FP choreo doesn't really match with the music. And it looks like she changed her choreo towards the end ?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:50 am

bibi wrote:
I know that Julia uses her flexibility a lot for transition in her program. However, why not use it when you're able to do it? It's her trading mark. People will recognize her because of it and I think that's a good thing! If she want to be a unique skater and not do the same thing as everyone else, that's the way to do it !
And she still pretty young, only 13 ! So she has plenty of time to learn to hear the music. And I disagree that her jumping technique is weak. She has a pretty good technique (not for the 2axel). Not having height in jumps doesn't mean bad technique, it only means that she doesn't have the streight yet to have height! Just look at her 3toe, it's amazingly straight in the air and she barely forces to do it!
Julia rotates jumps very fast, you know that then girls grow up they rotate much slower. And as she doesn't have much height on them she may start UR . Look at Adelina, she had very secure jumps two years ago, what happened now? What I'm trying to say is that I doubt she can survive with such technique but if she will, I'll applaud her. And if we're talking about showing great flexibility-that's Sasha Cohen, Julia doesn't show her flexibility, she doesn't hold her positions enough. She just pull her leg quickly and move on. I remember the time when everyone was so excited about Caroline Zhang, and the only difference i see between her and Julia -is that Julia doesn't have thankfully mule kick. Same problems with 2a, and same rotation on jumps.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Congrats to Julia! That's a whole lot of +GOE for a junior skater, but she was the clear winner so no point complaining about the huge score. I get the GOE on the spins and I think the judges like her "leg over the head" entrance into jumps so they give her a lot of GOE there as well, which puts her on equal footing with someone like Gracie Gold in the jumps department. I don't necessarily agree. Her jumps are tiny and that's a lot of GOE for doing the same back spiral entrance in most of them. Anyway, let's see how she develops, but after all these years, I don't get as excited about little junior girls as before. Even Adelina has kinda disappointed so far since she started growing sideways instead of just growing "up". Liza had a great GP, but really struggled later on. The puberty monster is always lurking and I feel like the Russian federation is very fickle in their support. As long as you win and dominate, we'll be a 100% behind you, but if someone else, younger but still eligible for Sochi, is climbing up the ranks and you show the tiniest sign of wavering, we'll turn our resources to her. They have a huge pool to choose from and it could actually be their downfall. Julia could be old enough to hit that puberty road block by the time Sochi comes around and 'til then, if Russia and the rest of the worl have been favoring her more than Adelina, then I fear Adelina's PCS will not be enough to make her a podium threat, even if she gets herslf together by that time and fixes her technical issues.

I'm so sad for Risa but all these pops make it seem to me like they are really working on those jumps. Instead of getting numerous < calls, this time, she only got one and the triples she did go for, she mostly rotated. I don't see a 3F or a 3Lz anymore, which maybe means they are works in progress? Let's pray and see... I hope she has some of Mao's fire and doesn't let this awful showing affect her. Her jumps have a lot of potential, if only she can get stronger physically... They're very Shizuka-like and she seems like she's going to be built somewhat like Shizuka, who peaked at a much later age. I hope she keeps that in mind.

Last edited by chiyori on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks, everyone, who responded about Risa! Fixing her jumps is the best explanation I could hope for, so I'm happy now. She didn't look too upset after she finished skating, so that's a good thing I guess, she probably knows where she is right now and and that she is a work in progress. Good luck to her next year flower
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:47 pm

polosatik wrote:

Her unfinished movements are the main reason I'm not crazy about Julia. Her insane spiral would have been amazing, had she actually bothered to hold it for a few seconds, this way she looks like a rythmic gymnast on skates. Though I'm blaming Morozov and her coach for that.

How can she NOT know she's skating to the same music as Sasha had in the olympics?! And then she gets anoyed when people are comparing her to Sasha. I mean what did she expect? She has the flexibility (even more than Sasha) and is skating to the same programs as her. I wonder if Morozov has run out of ideas?

To be honest I don't like Adelina's "artistry" either. She doesn't feel it, she acts it (imo), but then I might be a bit biased since Liza is my favouirte russian.
Go Mao for oylmpic gold and Liza for the silver. Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:12 pm

babayaga wrote:
Thanks, everyone, who responded about Risa! Fixing her jumps is the best explanation I could hope for, so I'm happy now. She didn't look too upset after she finished skating, so that's a good thing I guess, she probably knows where she is right now and and that she is a work in progress. Good luck to her next year flower

but when i checked news today, they said she felt pain in her right foot, then when she fall in her FS practice, she was in tear.
not sure what kind of injury she has, hope she will get better soon.
The jump she fall sort of reminding me of Mao's 3A, the one she fall before jump Sad looks hurt...

btw, Risa attends the school for only very wealth and ppl with background can attend, some ppl said she may quit figure skating if everything is not going well !!!!! hope she can hold on there, just like what mao did and she will get the return.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:10 pm

shikure wrote:
babayaga wrote:

but when i checked news today, they said she felt pain in her right foot, then when she fall in her FS practice, she was in tear.
not sure what kind of injury she has, hope she will get better soon.
The jump she fall sort of reminding me of Mao's 3A, the one she fall before jump Sad looks hurt...

btw, Risa attends the school for only very wealth and ppl with background can attend, some ppl said she may quit figure skating if everything is not going well !!!!! hope she can hold on there, just like what mao did and she will get the return.
That would be why she didn't attend any 3loop, 3flip and 3lutz...to not put extra pressure on it because she already have to use it to land!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Her unfinished movements are the main reason I'm not crazy about Julia. Her insane spiral would have been amazing, had she actually bothered to hold it for a few seconds, this way she looks like a rythmic gymnast on skates. Though I'm blaming Morozov and her coach for that.

How can she NOT know she's skating to the same music as Sasha had in the olympics?! And then she gets anoyed when people are comparing her to Sasha. I mean what did she expect? She has the flexibility (even more than Sasha) and is skating to the same programs as her. I wonder if Morozov has run out of ideas?

To be honest I don't like Adelina's "artistry" either. She doesn't feel it, she acts it (imo), but then I might be a bit biased since Liza is my favouirte russian.
Go Mao for oylmpic gold and Liza for the silver. Very Happy Razz

This is exactly how I felt about Julia for a long time, but I think she is improving. When I first saw a video of her a year or two ago, all I noticed is her crazy flexibility and not much more. When she was younger she was even more flexible I think, borderline scary. However, I feel like she improved tremendously in her basic skating and presentation since then. She doesn't have Lisa's musicality but she has now I think a very commanding presence and a queen-like carriage. This junior worlds is the first time I enjoyed Julia's skating very much, especially the LP.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:56 pm

polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
Julia rotates jumps very fast, you know that then girls grow up they rotate much slower. And as she doesn't have much height on them she may start UR . Look at Adelina, she had very secure jumps two years ago, what happened now? What I'm trying to say is that I doubt she can survive with such technique but if she will, I'll applaud her. And if we're talking about showing great flexibility-that's Sasha Cohen, Julia doesn't show her flexibility, she doesn't hold her positions enough. She just pull her leg quickly and move on. I remember the time when everyone was so excited about Caroline Zhang, and the only difference i see between her and Julia -is that Julia doesn't have thankfully mule kick. Same problems with 2a, and same rotation on jumps.

ITA with Bibi. I like how she uses her flexibility a lot. It's rare to see a skater who's that flexible, and I enjoy seeing. She seems to be even a bit more flexible than Sasha. Yes, she does rush through her program, but she is improving on that and everything else too from what I can see. She's only 13. Yes, she didn't seem to hold her positions as long this time, but I've seen her do them for longer. Still, I think she held them long enough to impress. I try not to get too excited about very talented jr skaters any more, cause they often struggle so much with puberty, but I'm having a harder time not getting exited about this one.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: junior world championship   junior world championship - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

junior world championship
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next