Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE ICE 2012

Go down 
+32
skfan
pearlyriver
dangerous_angel_face
Luckyone
gurami
chiyori
inskate
bibi
kirakira
chapis
Abdiel
bellarina
ddmm
linglang
klarification
Star85
maowataiyo
fefe_sky
Alokya
roma
babayaga
MaoChan756
Mao2012
Mao_Asada_sunrise
polosatik
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
silenceisgolden
Sviatoslava
let`s talk
shikure
haruka25
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 pm

chiyori wrote:
maowataiyo wrote:
@chiyori If the file is 14 mb I think I can upload it to yousendit or image shack...

I tried image shack and it didn't work... I did upload it to mediafire, but everyone would have to download it.

Here it is anyway...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ik26k44e51a33ct

Thanks for this!

*is greedily storing the file for her viewing pleasure...
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 am

Thank you chiyori for your help!! Razz

News clip by a newspaper company and a TV station in Tochigi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pixpR5QqSA0
http://www.tochigi-tv.jp/news2/stream2.php?id=240794058002

Wow I really love her new EX.

News article
http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20120725mog00m050026000c2.html
About 2012 season, she said her SP has been completed and she needs to practice over and over to acquire it. As for FP, because some rework is needed, she will go to Russia after THE ICE is over for training.
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:41 am

Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks a bunch linglang & kirakira!

I like Mao Poppins too! Dance

I really wanna know what Mao's program music are going to be for this season already...I've been searching for any new info and I've read on a blog that transcribed a Mao interview for a newspaper segment series called, "Jump to Sochi" where she described her short as being a bright/cheery program and her LP an even more classical music piece than Liebestraum (the author of the blog guessed it could be an orchestra for the LP).

*Maia posted a pic on twitter from Nikko that shows a relaxed Mao and huge kakigoris Smile
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:44 am

Thank you all for the news & video clips! :sun:

maowataiyo wrote:
I've been searching for any new info and I've read on a blog that transcribed a Mao interview for a newspaper segment series called, "Jump to Sochi" where she described her short as being a bright/cheery program and her LP an even more classical music piece than Liebestraum (the author of the blog guessed it could be an orchestra for the LP).

AT the beginning of the off-season Mao said that her SP music is "musical-like". When I saw that her EX is "Marry Poppins" (a musical) I wondered if she chose the music to have some practice skating to more energetic song before the season starts... I wonder what the actual SP music is (most of the songs from Mary Poppins have vocals, so probably it's from a different musical, or something that just sounds like one?). Well, as long as it's not PotO or Grease... Smile

I'm curious about the LP... Sounds interesting; it seems that recently everyone moved on to operas, ballets, tangos or Dark Eyes Sweatdrop, so most of "classicaly classical" stuff is OK with me. Laugh One of Rachmaninov's Concertos, maybe? Or Moonlight Sonata? :)swoon:) I would be happy if it was something yet unused by top skaters yet... Like Korngold's Violin Concerto, or Ravel's Klaviertrio. geek Well, hopefully we'll get to know the music soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:13 am

chiyori wrote:
maowataiyo wrote:
@chiyori If the file is 14 mb I think I can upload it to yousendit or image shack...

I tried image shack and it didn't work... I did upload it to mediafire, but everyone would have to download it.

Here it is anyway...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ik26k44e51a33ct

Thanks chiyori!

maowataiyo wrote:
Cool. Thanks, chiyori and linglang! Many Hearts

ETA:

Star85 wrote:

What was Mao saying in the interview?

She said this was her first show of the season and also the first time she was showing her exhibition so there was this feeling of "how is everything going to go?" and she felt very nervous Smile

Thanks for the translation maowaitaiyo!

inskate wrote:
Thank you all for the news & video clips! :sun:

maowataiyo wrote:
I've been searching for any new info and I've read on a blog that transcribed a Mao interview for a newspaper segment series called, "Jump to Sochi" where she described her short as being a bright/cheery program and her LP an even more classical music piece than Liebestraum (the author of the blog guessed it could be an orchestra for the LP).

AT the beginning of the off-season Mao said that her SP music is "musical-like". When I saw that her EX is "Marry Poppins" (a musical) I wondered if she chose the music to have some practice skating to more energetic song before the season starts... I wonder what the actual SP music is (most of the songs from Mary Poppins have vocals, so probably it's from a different musical, or something that just sounds like one?). Well, as long as it's not PotO or Grease... Smile

I'm curious about the LP... Sounds interesting; it seems that recently everyone moved on to operas, ballets, tangos or Dark Eyes Sweatdrop, so most of "classicaly classical" stuff is OK with me. Laugh One of Rachmaninov's Concertos, maybe? Or Moonlight Sonata? :)swoon:) I would be happy if it was something yet unused by top skaters yet... Like Korngold's Violin Concerto, or Ravel's Klaviertrio. geek Well, hopefully we'll get to know the music soon! Smile

Didn't they just recently change the rules so that skaters can now actually use songs with vocals in competition? Or did I just dream this? I kind of think skaters might be slow to adapt to this change.

I love Korngold's Violin Concerto too! Someone from the forum made a montage of Mao skating to that a couple years ago, but it got removed from youtube a long time ago.

Another video of The Ice. There's a clip with what looks like Mao directing a group of kids.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:31 am

Star85 wrote:

Didn't they just recently change the rules so that skaters can now actually use songs with vocals in competition? Or did I just dream this? I kind of think skaters might be slow to adapt to this change.

IIRC, this rule doesn't come into effect until after the Olympics..? I have to find some time to read the new announcements!
...I'm pretty sure the rules concerning the spins have changed again, because the spins in the new programs I saw recently look different...

Quote :
I love Korngold's Violin Concerto too! Someone from the forum made a montage of Mao skating to that a couple years ago, but it got removed from youtube a long time ago.

Yeah, I think it was set to Moderato Mobile part, made by z4mboni & Okami... And I just checked for it on YT now and you're right, it got removed Sad I didn't expect this, it was on YT for years. Sad

Quote :
Another video of The Ice. There's a clip with what looks like Mao directing a group of kids.

It was already posted by linglang, but thank you! flower I love the russian split at the beginning and the double illusion in the footwork. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:33 am

Ohhhh AFTER the Olympics. Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Thanks everyone for the news!

inskate wrote:

IIRC, this rule doesn't come into effect until after the Olympics..? I have to find some time to read the new announcements!
...I'm pretty sure the rules concerning the spins have changed again, because the spins in the new programs I saw recently look different...

Yep, the age rule and the music with vocals will come into effect after Sochi.

I wouldn't be surprised about the spins change. ISU makes changes after every season, Whirly I feel for the skaters and choreographers. Aparently Speedy still doesn't get it, that making constant technical changes won't help with skating popularity until he'll make the jugding more fair!!! Or maybe he's just trying to destroy the sport all together, he's stupid enough.

I can't wait for Mao to announce her programs. What is taking so long? scratch Faint2

Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:11 pm

inskate wrote:

Oooh, great choices! Thumbs up! I'm really keen on the idea that Mao use a violin sonata or concerto Yep!

Star85 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Love I had no idea.

http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-205151-222374-nav-list,00.html?id=1080

I never really understood what was the reasoning the ISU didn't allow vocals for the singles because they allowed it in ice dance before, right? Were they afraid of the use of profanity or something? (but then why would it be okay in ice dance but not in singles & pairs scratch) I know that Fumie & Yuna got to use the vocals because they were considered instruments or harmonies.

inskate wrote:

I think you can check out the rule changes if you scroll down to ISU Communication 1741. Now there's a Level 5 in spins & steps and they lessened the number of revolutions for the spins?? (I think) Neutral

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-130127-131435-nav-list,00.html

zarinaballerina wrote:

I can't wait for Mao to announce her programs. What is taking so long? scratch Faint2

Me too Faint2 Faint2 Panic!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bunOn7wUKcw dance battle...
okay~ the way taking off her clothes is not sexy at all and she said the way can win over guys is "sexy"..
LOL no no no...btw, I love taka in Black and he looks so fit even in off season this year (of course, he gained his weight back after worlds....thanks god) but good to see Mao gaining weight too Smile

THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 62526910
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:57 am

Mao @1:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvTod83cFKo
http://fskating.com/2012/07/mao-asada-to-support-fukushima-victims.html

I think Mao's edge became much deeper and her 3F has improved so much.

Thanks shikure for the link!!

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:30 am

linglang wrote:
Mao @1:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvTod83cFKo
http://fskating.com/2012/07/mao-asada-to-support-fukushima-victims.html

I think Mao's edge became much deeper and her 3F has improved so much.

Thanks shikure for the link!!

indeed her tripple flip just drills in the air, and like you mentioned i also noticed her deep edges, that was a really nice clip, I really hope Mao keeps her current weight when the season beginns, she looks healthy!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks everyone for posting the clips. Thank you!

Mao looks so happy and relaxed, it's fantastic! Many Hearts I agree ballerinamao, I hope she'll keep the weight, (though I'm affraid not) because she truly looks amazing and so healthy! Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:54 am

maowataiyo wrote:

I never really understood what was the reasoning the ISU didn't allow vocals for the singles because they allowed it in ice dance before, right? Were they afraid of the use of profanity or something? (but then why would it be okay in ice dance but not in singles & pairs scratch) I know that Fumie & Yuna got to use the vocals because they were considered instruments or harmonies.

I'm not sure which songs of Fumie and Yuna you're referring to, but right now songs with vocals ARE actually allowed if there are not lyrics. So "oooos" and "ahhhhs" and that kind of things are allowed.

I can maybe see why they wouldn't allow songs with lyrics. When a song has no words, the skater has to interpret the music all themselves. Maybe they think there is more room for artistry, whereas they may be a bit more limited with lyrics. But songs with vocal lyrics ARE allowed in Ice dance, so that reasoning just pretty much all goes out the window. So Idk!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:08 pm

Star85 wrote:
maowataiyo wrote:

I'm not sure which songs of Fumie and Yuna you're referring to, but right now songs with vocals ARE actually allowed if there are not lyrics. So "oooos" and "ahhhhs" and that kind of things are allowed.

I'm guessing maowataiyo meant Yuna's Homage to Korea (with the footwork sequence set to "oooos" and "ahhhs" Wink and Fumie's Fantasia. Fumie actually delivered a letter from Karl Jenkins (the composer of the music that she used) explaining that the voices that can be heard in the music have no actual meaning and the human voices are used just as another type of instrument. Smile

Quote :
I can maybe see why they wouldn't allow songs with lyrics. When a song has no words, the skater has to interpret the music all themselves. Maybe they think there is more room for artistry, whereas they may be a bit more limited with lyrics. But songs with vocal lyrics ARE allowed in Ice dance, so that reasoning just pretty much all goes out the window. So Idk!

Interpreting the music was half of the reason. The ice dancers are supposed to dance on the rhythm (not on the melody) and execute the patterns/steps, so whether or not the music has the lyrics or not is of secondary importance to them. The whole ice dance routine is basically "dancing out" the patterns while following the rhythm of the music; the gestures and facial expression are used only to set the mood and to help to tell the story of the program.
The single skaters and pair skaters have more freedom; they don't have to skate on the rhythm, they can do more pauses, they can act out little scenes, etc.. It can look good or fun (like Daisuke's La Strada or Nobunari's Chaplin), but it can also potentially look really bad. Sweatdrop

Another reason why lyrics were not allowed was the fact that the ISU officials were worried that the audience, and in consequence the judges, could get influenced by the skater using popular music. Again, the ice dancers are limited by having to skate on the rhythm and can't just randomly shake their booty to Lady Gaga; they would have to choose/edit the music smartly, so that the step sequences would be both skated on the rhythm and taking advantage of the music (just skating through it would make even the most exciting song sound boring).

The fans, meanwhile, were just worried that the skaters might keep on choosing boring or overused songs (generic female ballads, or 100x Avril Lavigne or Justin Bieber...).

Personally I'm curious how the programs will look like after the change... I'm a bit afraid that some skaters will go the easy way and choose uninspiring songs or go over the board with the literal interpretation of the lyrics... But on the other hand, there is a lot of lovely songs suitable for skating and ice dancers only rarely pick truly questionable music, Wink so hopefuly everything will turn out OK. Laugh
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Good post inskate. I agree with your concerns and hopes for this. I would guess that we don't have to worry too much about (Sr.) skaters using overplayed pop music. I think we will hear them some, but I'm pretty sure their coaches, choreographers, and parents will urge them to use tasteful choices that the judges will like. They probably aren't big Niki Minage or Rihanna fans. I would worry more about sappy ballads. But who knows.

I hope we hear a big variety of songs. That way the older fans aren't turned off, and more younger fans gain interest in the sport. So You Think You Can Dance is a really popular show especially amongst teens and people in their 20's. They use every type of music on there. People like the variety. Maybe some popular songs mixed in with other music will be enough to catch the interest of a wider audience. One reason why a lot of people don't like figure skating is cause they say it's got too much classical, boring music.

It will definitely be interesting to see what comes of this new change. Ice Dancers usually have good, appropriate music choices, so maybe for the most part, the other disciplines will too.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:07 pm

I can't remember if this link has already been posted. If so, I'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLXj1SrYy7c

I love Mao and Charlie...
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Oh, I haven't posted in a while here... WOW, I can't believe it's been 2 years since I went to see the ice live Very Happy

Now, on topic, I really want to see Mao's new EX, mary poppins seems lovely from the links I've found.

I wonder what next season will bring to her.

Her jumps look stable in the new's clips I love you
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:39 am

This may be a bit off-topic, but was I the only one who thought of Mao during the Mary Poppins portion of the London Olympics? Razz
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:27 am

Dance battle semi-final results from The Ice staff blog today

(1)
Narumi who came through a consolation round in Nikko
won over Mao and Aderina as a result of the tough battle.

(2)
Alex who came out of the link and went wild dancing in the stands
was disqualified at Jeff's judgement
Meryl won a fierce rematch against Yuzu

Last edited by silenceisgolden on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 am

klarification wrote:
This may be a bit off-topic, but was I the only one who thought of Mao during the Mary Poppins portion of the London Olympics? Razz

no, you were not the only one Wink
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 am

Luckyone wrote:
klarification wrote:

I completly thought of Mao too lol!
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 am

chapis wrote:
Luckyone wrote:
klarification wrote:

I completly thought of Mao too lol!

Haha, me too.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 am

it made me notice how detailed Mao's costume was, when i watched the other mary poppins costume lol, it looks as if they stole the costume from Mao's closed!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE ICE 2012
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next