Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE ICE 2012

Go down 
+32
skfan
pearlyriver
dangerous_angel_face
Luckyone
gurami
chiyori
inskate
bibi
kirakira
chapis
Abdiel
bellarina
ddmm
linglang
klarification
Star85
maowataiyo
fefe_sky
Alokya
roma
babayaga
MaoChan756
Mao2012
Mao_Asada_sunrise
polosatik
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
silenceisgolden
Sviatoslava
let`s talk
shikure
haruka25
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:09 pm

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
chapis wrote:
Luckyone wrote:
klarification wrote:
This may be a bit off-topic, but was I the only one who thought of Mao during the Mary Poppins portion of the London Olympics? Razz

no, you were not the only one Wink

I completly thought of Mao too lol!

Haha, me too.

Mao was the first thing that I thought of as well. Laugh
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:58 pm

THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 F5f05936d90411e1a97a22000a1cbf16_7
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:03 am

Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:16 am

Mao & Jeff
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xshb14_yyyymao-asada-jeffrey-buttle-the-ice-2012_sport?search_algo=2

Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts

Thanks silenceisgolden.
I really love her new EX.
She's become an entertainer in this program and I love all those steps and movements. Dance Cloud 9 Daisies for you

ETA: I've watched Mao's poppins three times already and I'm crying. Bawling Bawling Bawling
Her efforts on reworking jumps paid off and I'm really really happy for her.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:13 am

I love the Mary Poppins EX! As always, you can see that despite the fact that it's "just" an exhibition a lot of thought and hard work went into creating it. I love all the little gestures, steps and poses that made it look like an excerpt from a real musical, but at the same with really difficult footwork and challenging entrances into the jumps. Plus, I liked that Mao skated with a lot of energy and power - while I loved Mao's programs in the last 2 seasons, Mao was very fragile-looking in them. Mary Poppins reminds me of the energy Mao had while skating to Carmen and Nutcracker in her senior debut season. Smile

I also loved Mao's and Jeff's pair number. They really have an amazing chemistry. Smile

The same user who posted the above clips also has the ladies number and the dance battle. I'll write a bit more about my impressions later; I can hear a storm coming and I'd rather not have my PC shut down while I type, or worse, get damaged by a voltage surge. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:58 am

Thanks silenceisgolden.
I didn't know that Mao's Mary Poppins ex is such a pleasure to watch. Mao's grace, fluidity and glowing smile make me feel like watching a fairy tale.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:25 am

Mao and Jeff!!!!!!! THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 23 Mao could be an awesome ice dancer!!! The dress is pure perfection, and I'm mesmerized by the colour, it suits Mao so well.
New EX is so fun! I love the number and I love Mao in it, such a cheerful and joyful performance! I can't wait to hear music choice for the competition programs!
THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 1
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:30 am

Thanks for the additional clips!

My gosh. Here I am, still hungover from the London Olympics Opening Ceremony, which made me miss our Mao-chan even more because of that Mary Poppins reference (you are so not alone here, guys!). And now to see her EX in full... Love Hearts

I could not even begin to describe just how amazing Mao is. That program is just pure love! I love how refreshing and energetic she looks! And wow, those steps! How can she easily pull off such UNIQUE steps??? It baffles the mind, truly. You could really see how much she has grown in terms of maturity and expression. This EX truly is a tear-jerker in a way, even if it is such a fun program! Bawling

And you are so right, inskate! That Jeff & Mao number is soooo romantic! I can't help but feel and see just how in tune they are to each other. Their flow, the softness of their steps, how they sync together...

And they really looked like a couple in love! Awwwwww.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:31 am

THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 57137446d95f11e18e3c22000a1e8b97_7
THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 19e00c62d95d11e1b7b11231381b31d7_7
THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 794e878ed95611e1b03f123138104623_7
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:42 am

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but anyway:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xshbon_yyyyyy-the-ice-2012_sport#rel-page-under-2
the dance battle!

This might be the only time I saw Mao attempt sexy! Intentionally! For a dance contest!

Ohohohohohoho! How much she has grown! Very Happy
'
P.S. I can't help but think Kozuka-chan intended to put less effort in dancing because he wanted Mao-chan to win. Either that or he couldn't concentrate. Afufufufufu. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 am

According to THE ICE twitter:
Meryl has won the victory of the dance battle. Meryl & Charlie helped a lot for choreographing Mao & Jeff pair program. They contributed greatly for giving boost to the event.

Yuka Sato choreographed the girls' number for dedicating it to Mao & Mai's mother. Their mother loved the show and always said to the staff "thank you for making wonderful show." She must be enjoining it in the heaven.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:42 am

her new exhibition was really amazing so packed with content, but still not overdone, just right.. I also loved this exhibition it was soo different from what has done so far, and and the steps, jumps, movements where amazing!

I also find it soo incredible to see how much work and details she puts into an exhibition, seriuosly lori could she have made a more difficult entrance to each jump, I am just asking, cause i was really speechless when i saw the entrance Mao had, but she did them beautifully which made the jumps even more impressive!

Back to top Go down
haruka25

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:15 am

i still can't believe i just saw Mao skating live and so near. omg! so amazing!
Cloud 9 Happy dance Love Hearts

i watched The Ice at osaka 2 times Boogie one from the stands (south west side) and another from the arena east side, 2nd row from the front.
i enjoyed it so much (especially the last show) that i don't mind that i'm broke lol!

i don't know much about skating. it's actually my first time to watch it live,
but all i can say is that i love her mary poppins EX so much!

last night, all her jumps were clean, and just wow! today she failed 2 jumps (botched her landing? i don't remember clearly), but the jumps doesn't matter so much.
it was a fantastic program Very Happy
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:40 am

I went to two shows on Saturday. Mao skated Mary Poppins in both shows. She spoilt her fans with last season EX Jupiter which is hard to beat. Her new EX is lovely and cute. But the choreo and concept seem a little too simple for Mao level. The elements in the morning were 2A with the umbrella, a very good 3L, then she doubled her loop and fell on 2A. Her combo spins didn't have enough rotations, but I think it's because of her long big skirt. In the afternoon she did 2A with umbrella, 3F, 3loop, 2A and a combo spin. IMO Mao&Jeff was a dance of an uncle introducing his niece to the world. Or I am just a Maozuka rooter lol! . One very positive thing is for sure- Mao looks genki and very healthy Thumbs up! . She didn't put on weight, her muscles just became stronger. Maybe her practice with that Hungarian dude worked, or maybe she ate a lot of buckweat porridge known as grechka in Russian cuisine. She said in the afternoon interview that it's one of her favourite dish. She mentioned that it's cooked in suihanki (rice cooker) the same way as rice. But nobody uses a suihanki in Russia. Mao probably brought some storage of buckweat groats from her last trip to Moscow and now cooks it in suihanki Wink . Well, whatever the reason is, Mao does look good cheers . She called Adelina Adelina-chan. Adelya said that Mao is her idol and Alyona admired Mao's 3A. They were both invited to The Ice as Mao's rivals in Sochi. In a dance battle in the morning where Narumi won over Adelina and Mao, Mao tried to get it a al Jackson in sunglasses copying his moonwalk. Honestly I didn't except that she would try to do Michael Jackson thing. But that's why it was even more fun to watch. Confetti
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:54 am

since this show " the ice" was dedicated to victims of the earthquake and as we all know that there where many children present i think this exhibition has proved it's purpose, and as Mao said it was to cheer the people up, especially the children and for a moment be able to put the a spell on them and make them forget their problems! and the best way would be to make a fun and joyful program and what could have been a better choice then a disney character!

Back to top Go down
haruka25

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 am

The last show was really fun, and there were some extra things that always happen.
Some that I can remember from the show today in Osaka.

- interview was with taka, javier and jeremy.
- taka taught them some japanese greetings, which i don't understand because its in osaka dialect Laugh
- at the end, they were supposed to give their message to fans, but after taka and javier, mai forgot about jeremy and started to say her ending lines. there was a funny exchange between them, when jeremy acted hurt and tried to leave, but Taka stopped him, and told that Mai was only joking. at the end jeremy hugged mai.
- dance battle final between meryl and narumi, and meryl won. i saw charlie and the other skaters were watching and cheering on the side.
- javier kissed kanako in the cheek after their duet at the end of javier's program
- alena kissed yuzuru after their dance duet at the end of alena's program. yuzuru was a bit surprised and shy.
- there was a guys vs girls dance battle at the end of the show. the girls won.
- the guys started throwing water against each other
- while this was going on, alex and narumi started doing lifts together.
- at the end jeff was soaking wet. he suddenly hugged kanako and narumi while soaking wet

Last edited by haruka25 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:44 am

Why why why won't the videos appear!!! I see the ads before it, and I hear the sound and everything... I even see thumbnails when I place my mouse on the progression bar! But no image... at all. In both Firefox and Explorer. I don't get it! I even updated Flashplayer!

Do you guys know what might be wrong?

I've been having a similar problem in YT for a while with HD vids. If I choose to play them in 1080 or 720, forget about full screen. It's just not gonna show anything.

Help!

ETA: And for some funny reason, I can see the vid when it's embedded... I'm on magical eggplant's tumblr and it works! What gives? Full screen is still messed up though.
Back to top Go down
fefe_sky

fefe_sky

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 am

chiyori wrote:
Why why why won't the videos appear!!! I see the ads before it, and I hear the sound and everything... I even see thumbnails when I place my mouse on the progression bar! But no image... at all. In both Firefox and Explorer. I don't get it! I even updated Flashplayer!

I've been having a similar problem in YT for a while with HD vids. If I choose to play them in 1080 or 720, forget about full screen. It's just not gonna show anything.

Help!

ETA: And for some funny reason, I can see the vid when it's embedded... I'm on magical eggplant's tumblr and it works! What gives? Full screen is still messed up though.

You should try Chrome, here both Explorer and Firefox don't work anymore..
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 am

fefe_sky wrote:
chiyori wrote:

Help!

You should try Chrome, here both Explorer and Firefox don't work anymore..

Thanks, I tried, but that doesn't seem to be the problem... But I do really like the layout of Chrome, so thanks for that!
Back to top Go down
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:12 pm

i'm sure someone has already shared this, but just in case anyone hasn't seen it

courtesy of Piper on FSU
Mao and Jeffrey

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xshb14

Mary Poppins

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsh...ice-2012_sport

Ave Maria

Battles: Narumi-Alena-Adelina and Mao-Kozuka

very glad to see mao healthy and happy. mao is also lovely skating with jeff. great start to hopefully a banner season for mao.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks everyone for the videos!!! Thank you! Worship

OMG I love Mary Poppins. I couldn't stop smiling, it's so cute, and Mao's expression Love Hearts , she sure knows how to sell the program.

The duet with Jeff was also great, such chemistry. Now if only Mao would do something this romantic with Taka... Wub Faint2
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Didn't know it was possible to tear up and smile so big at the same time, but that's what I did while watching Mao's ex. I love it; I think it's a great program and the mood is going to be a good one to have this season. I'm sure she succeeded at cheering everyone up. Smile

Also, I have to say that she just looks great overall, much better than she has in a long time. Plus, I don't know if it's just me, but I was struck with just how light she is across the ice. She always is, but now she seems much lighter, like she's really floating across the ice, even more so than usual. I hope all this carries across to the season, and I really hope to see her having fun on the ice again. She's just pure joy in these Ice clips and it's so nice to see. I want at least one of her competitive programs to allow her to have fun..
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Thank you everyone for sharing those links! Many Hearts

Mary Poppins...I admit that I foolishly wondered how much I'd like it compared to her past programs (only because I've never been a big fan of musicals Sweatdrop). But silly me, this is Mao, and I loved it!! So light and full of personality! So energetic! Great choreo, and I love the way she performs it! It's refreshing and different—as much as I loved Jupiter and Ballade, this is a great side to see from her! Love Hearts

Her duet with Jeff was lovely as well. They were so smooth and elegant, and even with my (hopelessly biased) Maozuka heart, I have to admit that they share wonderful chemistry on the ice! Wub

Like everyone else is saying, Mao looks great! I have a good feeling for this season, and I can't wait to hear about her competitive programs! Boogie
Back to top Go down
fefe_sky

fefe_sky

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Can't watch Mao poppins T.T
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:08 pm

fefe_sky wrote:
Can't watch Mao poppins T.T
YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbAW8WDNtvo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2012   THE ICE 2012 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE ICE 2012
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next