Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013

Go down 
+19
chapis
linglang
koala_lover
whiteboots2013
l-spiralmao
silenceisgolden
COHK
shikure
pearlyriver
PochinkoPotanko
cera
babayaga
klarification
ballerinamao
polosatik
zarinaballerina
MaoChan756
roma
Mao2012
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Empty
PostSubject: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:52 am

In this video you can see Akiko trying 3F+3T and 3Lz+3T!! cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ErXly0fUwE0#
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 am

Is this Akiko's new Free Skate? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB_xv-3bSJo

I have to say I love everything about it: music, choreo and even costume!!! Can't wait to see it in competition in Japan Open this weekend. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:12 am

roma wrote:

I have to say I love everything about it: music, choreo and even costume!!! Can't wait to see it in competition in Japan Open this weekend. sunny

WOw!
I am actually very impressed by her program! Made me initially think that Wilson choreographed it...
But it was Carmerlengo - I see why everyone wants him to choreograph Mao's program! Smile
He made a gem of a program! Hopefully she delivers her jumps and makes the program a masterpiece!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:23 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
roma wrote:

WOw!
I am actually very impressed by her program! Made me initially think that Wilson choreographed it...
But it was Carmerlengo - I see why everyone wants him to choreograph Mao's program! Smile
He made a gem of a program! Hopefully she delivers her jumps and makes the program a masterpiece!

It's not only this.. Camerlengo himself wants to choreograph for Mao! That's why I want Mao to give him a try. I want to see what side of Mao Camerlengo can bring out. I know this part is included in the group's letter to Mao so I hope she'll give it some thought. If she really wants TAT to make an Olympic program then by all means do so but I hope the other program will be made by Camerlengo. If she wants Lori, too, then let her make her EX. Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 am

roma wrote:
MaoChan756 wrote:
roma wrote:

WOw!

It's not only this.. Camerlengo himself wants to choreograph for Mao! That's why I want Mao to give him a try. I want to see what side of Mao Camerlengo can bring out. I know this part is included in the group's letter to Mao so I hope she'll give it some thought. If she really wants TAT to make an Olympic program then by all means do so but I hope the other program will be made by Camerlengo. If she wants Lori, too, then let her make her EX. Smile

Wow, this is a great program. Mao is getting some serious competition in Akiko, imo.
How I wish Mao would go to Camerlengo, especially if you see what kind of programs he's done for Dai. Love Hearts I wonder why she so stubornly sticks to Lori/TAT.
I hope TAT has found her magic again and we'll see a masterpiece in her Swan Lake. Yep!

Mao and Akiko for world's gold and silver medal! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 am

Yes, Akiko could be a real contender for a world medal, if she skates like she can: her layout is one of the difficultest in the world, and if her PCS is high (as she deserves) she could even challenge Mao... It would be a fantastic duel: a clean FS from Mao vs a clean FS from Akiko! cheers
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 am

Mao2012 wrote:
Yes, Akiko could be a real contender for a world medal, if she skates like she can: her layout is one of the difficultest in the world, and if her PCS is high (as she deserves) she could even challenge Mao... It would be a fantastic duel: a clean FS from Mao vs a clean FS from Akiko! cheers

A clean skate from Mao (or Mao at her best) would IMO always beat Akiko at her best, however until Mao regains her old form Akiko is certainly a threat. This is a good thing though, since it will motivate Mao even more.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:18 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao2012 wrote:

A clean skate from Mao (or Mao at her best) would IMO always beat Akiko at her best, however until Mao regains her old form Akiko is certainly a threat. This is a good thing though, since it will motivate Mao even more.
Hmmm... Question I love Mao (obviously! ROTFLMAO ) but I think that, if she doesn't land the 3A, Akiko could beat Mao, if they both skate clean, because Akiko has a higher base value in her program... However, it would be a judges' decision, it would depend on the PCS they give (as always in this situations)! I really hope Mao's swan will be a masterpiece so, with consistent jumps, she could be almost unbeatable! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am

To be honest Akikos' program left me cold, and I didn't find anything great about. It's a good program but not for her.She is known for her charisma and passionate skating. Here, I felt emptiness. So though I like Camerlengo,this program is miss for me.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:31 pm

[quote="Mao2012"]
zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao2012 wrote:

i totally agree with everything

Quote :

Hmmm... Question I love Mao (obviously! ROTFLMAO ) but I think that, if she doesn't land the 3A, Akiko could beat Mao, if they both skate clean, because Akiko has a higher base value in her program... However, it would be a judges' decision, it would depend on the PCS they give (as always in this situations)! I really hope Mao's swan will be a masterpiece so, with consistent jumps, she could be almost unbeatable! Many Hearts

Mao is sooo Much more then just the axel her whole skating is a level on it's own, and believe me if she shows up in condition, her performance would be a mile from any perfect skate akiko could ever deliver.
heck if Mao shows up in condition, I don't see anyone as a threat to her!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
I love Mao (obviously! ) but I think that, if she doesn't land the 3A, Akiko could beat Mao, if they both skate clean, because Akiko has a higher base value in her program...
If Mao skates her program without 3-3 and/or 3A, yes Akiko will have a higher base value, however, imo, Mao's overall skating (execution of elements) is so much better than Akiko's not to meniton PCS that the lower base value shouldn't matter much. Provided that Mao skates without falls.

ballerinamao wrote:

Mao is sooo Much more then just the axel her whole skating is a level on it's own, and believe me if she shows up in condition, her performance would be a mile from any perfect skate akiko could ever deliver.
heck if Mao shows up in condition, I don't see anyone as a threat to her!

I agree, it's time that japanese media (and Mao herself) also realize this. Get those 3-3 back and even if she never jumps 3A again she'll make it difficult for others to compete for gold.

The skater I see as a threat is Yuna (if her condition will be good), judges tend to overscore her, same for Carolina Kostner, though Mao in a good condition shouldn't have any problems beating Caro, imo. So whoever is going to be her choreographer for Sochi, I hope her programs will be milking every point possible.

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:18 pm

polosatik wrote:
To be honest Akikos' program left me cold, and I didn't find anything great about. It's a good program but not for her.She is known for her charisma and passionate skating. Here, I felt emptiness. So though I like Camerlengo,this program is miss for me.

I agree with you that this doesn't seem to be a program meant for Akiko. To me it's something that a skater like Yuna would probably skate. I do, however, love the program. I love its playfulness as a whole and I love Akiko's expressions.

Akiko is definitely a threat, but personally I'm not very bothered. I just want to see Mao be happy with her own performance. Of course I have my own expectations for her, but I'll try to push those feelings aside and just root for her to do well. Besides, I like Akiko too. Sad that she's considered as the underdog of Team Japan, what with Miki coming back.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 pm

MaoChan756 wrote:
roma wrote:

WOw!

I love the program too, I disagree that it doesn't work for Akiko. I think she is great for this program and for this music, and there is such a joy and lightness to her skating, I was blown away.
Back to top Go down
cera
Double Axel
Double Axel
cera

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:29 am

My observations on Akiko's program:

1. the lighting for the opening pose was GENIUS!

2. My appetite already whetted by point 1, i was delighted to see how in character she was in the opening 5 seconds of the program. Most skaters burst out of their opening pose and skate as fasssst as they can to their first opening jump combo.

3. She stays in character throughout the WHOLE program! Not just the jerky movements of little birds hopping around on the ground but there is also the smoothness and power of a bird in flight.

4. The fact that she landed every jump helped...

5. Love the choreographic sequence (i think that's what it's called) but the spiral at the end of it was the only jarring moment for me, when she bent her leg at the knee towards the end.

6. She is STILL in character after she takes her bows!

Overall, a most enjoyable program for me. She really DOES come across as a bird, and sometimes I fancy that I see wings where her arms are. But the sort of bird i imagine her as is NOT a peacock...

Smile

Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ROfqScP90&feature=plcp
Akiko's performance!

Thank you, Mao2012! flower
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:37 pm

I better quote Pochi's post here from the NHK thread:

Pochi wrote:

Btw, they showed a clip of Akiko being interviewed before tonight's competition, and she said she was acutally ready to retire after last season as long as she can be really satisfied that she was able to perform her best. And good or not, she couldn't feel that way but rather felt she can accomplish more, and that's why she decided to go on competing even though she's already 27. I was happy to hear that from her, and hoped that Mao would make decisions in the future in the same kind of manner. It all has nothing to do with winning or losing in Worlds or Olys...as long as Mao feels that she can do more and wants to do more, I hope she'll doesn't retire whatever age she becomes.

I'm glad to read this -- that she decided to continue and feels she can still accomplish more. She really can still accomplish more despite her age.

Another reason that I'm happy about her not retiring is that if she retired after winning a world medal, the pressure will be even more daunting for Mao. She's not solid yet and just came off some personal tragedies. The pressure to deliver and keep Japan's strong ladies' standing will fall solely on her shoulders. Kanako still doesn't get that much love from international judges and Haruka still has a long way to go. Miki is a big question mark at the moment with both personal and coaching problems. At least with Akiko still in the mix she shares the pressure with Mao.

I hope she'll continue at least till Sochi. She gives us so much joy on the ice.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:49 am

roma wrote:
I better quote Pochi's post here from the NHK thread:

Pochi wrote:

Btw, they showed a clip of Akiko being interviewed before tonight's competition, and she said she was acutally ready to retire after last season as long as she can be really satisfied that she was able to perform her best. And good or not, she couldn't feel that way but rather felt she can accomplish more, and that's why she decided to go on competing even though she's already 27. I was happy to hear that from her, and hoped that Mao would make decisions in the future in the same kind of manner. It all has nothing to do with winning or losing in Worlds or Olys...as long as Mao feels that she can do more and wants to do more, I hope she'll doesn't retire whatever age she becomes.

I'm glad to read this -- that she decided to continue and feels she can still accomplish more. She really can still accomplish more despite her age.

Another reason that I'm happy about her not retiring is that if she retired after winning a world medal, the pressure will be even more daunting for Mao. She's not solid yet and just came off some personal tragedies. The pressure to deliver and keep Japan's strong ladies' standing will fall solely on her shoulders. Kanako still doesn't get that much love from international judges and Haruka still has a long way to go. Miki is a big question mark at the moment with both personal and coaching problems. At least with Akiko still in the mix she shares the pressure with Mao.

I hope she'll continue at least till Sochi. She gives us so much joy on the ice.
I believe that, in figure skating, you can always do better! lol!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 8:55 am

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20121224-00000022-asahi-spo

Akiko made a statement to the press that she'll retire after next season. She said in this article that she had been feeling her limits as a competing skater after she became 27, but hopes she can return to Sochi for Olys with all her other skating pals.

Well, I knew she was going to make that decision sooner or later, so I'm not shocked or sad. I don't want her to retire after she starts dropping down from the top group in Jpn (like Fumie). I really appreciate her skating, and she's already accomplished more than any 27 year old female skaters can do, so I hope she can make it to Olys and perform her best there before she leaves. But it'll become quite lonely afterwards cause Miki will be retiring too.

However the outcome should be, I sincerely hope Mao won't retire after Sochi Olys year...winning Olys gold might've been Mao's childhood dream, but even if that comes true, there's no reason for her to retire when Akiko has already proved female skaters can still compete at top level at her age. I truely admire Akiko for making me understand that.

Btw, after her pretty bad FP performance, Akiko was crying her eyes out backstage and Dai and Mura were comforting her which was really touching. Dai said to her 'This isn't the end of anything!', and Mura said 'You can cry as much as you want now'. You can see the footage in the first part of this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJXkCEPNYgk
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks Pochinko for the news. Hope to see her at Olys. Maybe Oly is not her biggest goal, but it's rather a pity to retire b4 Sochi. She's a great inspiration and I believe she can give more. I always appreciate gymnasts/figure skaters who defy the age norm and stay around to make a contribution.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:36 am

I'm so sad to hear this, but it really didn't come as a surprise, I just hope that she will have as much succes as possible until then so that she can leave with peace in mind. I am quite surprised to hear that she cried she didn't look that sad after her performance, but she probably just tried to hide her dissapointment
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:39 am

She's a wonderful skater who has had a long and incredible career, coming back after so many bad times, so I think that, at her age, retiring is quite normal, I'm not shocked, too, I was expecting this, I wasn't sure if she wanted even to go till Sochi, after last season's success... I just hope she will gave great results at 4CC, worlds and Olys and retire happily!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:38 am

Akiko was scheduled for another national competition, right? Is the schedule this January? I found this video of her short on my twitter feed although there's no sound. Jumps are still not good. Got 55.96 only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS69fWME6gY
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:28 am

Akiko's FS [no sounds]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqAELKIjZnM

I am getting worried about Akiko. She didn't have a good SP jump-wise and now the FP jumps look worse. It's already 4CC next week. Sad
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:47 am

Maybe since 4cc is almost here she didn't want to force herself too much? I don't know, she looks worse then in any competition before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013   Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Akiko Suzuki 2012/2013
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next