Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2013

Go down 
+53
mika
Tripleaxelqueen
Dani-Chan
☆Genie
mimmiz
supportmaoasada
Asada_Rising
let`s talk
appledapple
FigureArtist14
apple4me
babayaga
maosukefan
kawaiimao
BounceAround
mini34ans
josling
Hotaru
dangerous_angel_face
inskate
kazekamihiko
AmazingGraceMao
itsonlykat
europeanfan
kisses
sapphiresky
Abdiel
tinalulu
chiyori
Mao2012
rachmaninoffangel
BowbowDaijin
ballerinamao
minhoudi
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chapis
whiteboots2013
roma
polosatik
aoi88
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
illani
Ken Himura
l-spiralmao
COHK
Iceriver
pearlyriver
linglang
shar
ilovethai
Alokya
Haidogirl
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:46 am

Amano and the korean woman should never be allowed to judge a competition after this. . . Seriously, how on earth is Amano still a judge???
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:47 am

inskate wrote:
Pheww, I was so nervous. My Internet connection is too slow to watch the stream (I can only use my phone Sad ), so I ended up just refreshing the threads here and at GS, an everything was so quite during Mao's performance! I didn't know if it was because it was so goo, or so bad clown 

Sounds like a day of amazing skating from all the ladies, but rather strict judging (I expected some higher scores from Elena, Julia, Ashley, Adelina & Mao... well, basically for everyone Wink). But perhaps that's for the best, I wouldn't want people complaining about inflated scores again. Smile

Can't wait to see the videos once I get back home!
I'm far from expert, but I agree with people that her SP looked magical that it should be closer to 75. I'm just going to look at the glass half full. At least she did wonderful.

Last edited by Mao_Asada_sunrise on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:47 am

But this person Amano is not going to OG right??pale Shocked .   Mao was so happy with her performance Wub , she did wonderful
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:49 am

chapis wrote:
But this person Amano is not going to OG right??pale Shocked .   Mao was so happy with her performance Wub , she was wonderful
I think he judged the Olympics last time....... He gave her full credit for all of her 3A's in the last Olympics though, so I have no idea what to think anymore.......
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:51 am

That skate was absolutely wonderful and clean. Now I want to see it in full HD. One thing is sure, Shin Amano hates her and add that Assistant TS...

I hope she won't go for 2x3As in the free this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Hotaru

Hotaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:52 am

I thought her 3A looked pretty good, to be honest... but unfortunately, the tech panel didn't agree.

Even so, it was a wonderfully skated program.  Mao is looking better than ever.  She certainly deserves high pcs here... she's definitely in another league compared to the others here.

Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:53 am

Hotaru wrote:
I thought her 3A looked pretty good, to be honest... but unfortunately, the tech panel didn't agree.

Even so, it was a wonderfully skated program.  Mao is looking better than ever.  She certainly deserves high pcs here... she's definitely in another league compared to the others here.

Lol! Your profile picture! Which competition was that?
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:56 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
chapis wrote:
But this person Amano is not going to OG right??pale Shocked .   Mao was so happy with her performance Wub , she was wonderful
I think he judged the Olympics last time....... He gave her full credit for all of her 3A's in the last Olympics though, so I have no idea what to think anymore.......
No, he wasn't the tech at the OG last time, it was some lady who was super nice with everyone.
He was the tech at the 2010 World's and downgraded Mao's clean 3A in the SP.

roma wrote:
Actually, if he's gonna downgrade that beauty of a 3A, there's no way that he will ratify her 3-3Lo. Maybe if she does 2, it will be a repeat of Worlds 2010, when 1 of them was ratified.

Argh...Disappointed whatever, Amano.

Mao was beautiful and that's that.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:57 am

sapphiresky wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
chapis wrote:
No, he wasn't the tech at the OG last time, it was some lady who was super nice with everyone.
He was the tech at the 2010 World's and downgraded Mao's clean 3A in the SP.

roma wrote:
Actually, if he's gonna downgrade that beauty of a 3A, there's no way that he will ratify her 3-3Lo. Maybe if she does 2, it will be a repeat of Worlds 2010, when 1 of them was ratified.

Argh...Disappointed whatever, Amano.

Mao was beautiful and that's that.
Why can't someone speak up if there's really something wrong? Also, how do we know who will be in the technical panel this upcoming Olympics?
Back to top Go down
Hotaru

Hotaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:59 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Hotaru wrote:

Japan Open.  I saw this pic online and thought her "surprised" face was adorable.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:59 am

With the exception of Pogorilaya's 2A miss, this SP event was certainly really good. All the ladies landed their 3-3 combos and Mao landed her 3A... but it was pretty strictly judged.

I guess after all the politicking this season, the judges wanted a reality check.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:00 am

Hotaru wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Hotaru wrote:

Japan Open.  I saw this pic online and thought her "surprised" face was adorable.
This year's Japan Open?
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:01 am

ilovethai wrote:
With the exception of Pogorilaya's 2A miss, this SP event was certainly really good. All the ladies landed their 3-3 combos and Mao landed her 3A... but it was pretty strictly judged.

I guess after all the politicking this season, the judges wanted a reality check.
Politicking? Shocked 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:01 am

roma wrote:
That skate was absolutely wonderful and clean. Now I want to see it in full HD. One thing is sure, Shin Amano hates her and add that Assistant TS...

It doesn't matter how Amano personally feels about Mao, his job is to judge what she puts on the ice, and she put a freaking clean 3A! This is getting so beyond ridiculous, I hope someone files a complaint against him and that korean lady. Even europsort guy said it was clean. Frustrated  JSF do something already, I understand they want their skaters do the talking with their skating instead doing shady dealings, but when someone gets unjustly hammered by Amano over and over again, it's your job to do something about it. This isn't the subjective field of PCS where there's nothing you can do, this is jumping, you can take a look in slow-mo and then demand an explanation, why it was downgraded. honestly, i'm starting to wish Mao's team would take Yuna's team route and publicly complain instead of keeping quiet.

chapis wrote:
But this person Amano is not going to OG right??
No he isn't and neither is the korean lady. The only members from Korea, Japan and USA will be the judges, not Tech panel.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:03 am

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
Amano and the korean woman should never be allowed to judge a competition after this. . . Seriously, how on earth is Amano still a judge???
No idea, I really don't think that's it's pure coincidence that shin Amano and a Korean are put on the panel.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:03 am

Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

I guess it was somewhat consistent. I missed Ashley's 3-3 combo in the stream, but I guess it was good enough for Mr. Amano...

Julia finally gets the "e" call...although judges thought it was fine, hence the minimal "-1's"...most 0's or +1, and PCS being somewhat normal... from the COR business. I think she probably deserved a 30 or 31 here though.

I think Elena's scores should have been higher...I guess they're not giving much because they know she's not going to the OG anyway.

No over scoring in this competition.

Back to top Go down
Hotaru

Hotaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:05 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Hotaru wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Hotaru wrote:

This year's Japan Open?
Yes, it was this year's. It was a really brief moment, though.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:07 am

sapphiresky wrote:
True, but in Mao's case, plenty of underscoring. I'm so pissed about that UR on her 3A, I can't even begin to tell you. Stupid Amano.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:09 am

Hotaru wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Hotaru wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Hotaru wrote:

This year's Japan Open?
Yes, it was this year's.  It was a really brief moment, though.  

I didn't watch Japan Open this year, so now I'll watch YouTube videos just to see that reaction!
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:10 am

When the TS kept shrinking, the french eurosport commentators actually said "What are you doing, Amano???". They kept saying that as far as they were concerned, the 3A was clean.
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:12 am

josling wrote:
Here's the video of her SP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5jqNSedIg0
This is a f**king clean 3A!
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:13 am

sapphiresky wrote:
I guess it was somewhat consistent. I missed Ashley's 3-3 combo in the stream, but I guess it was good enough for Mr. Amano...

Julia finally gets the "e" call...although judges thought it was fine, hence the minimal "-1's"...most 0's or +1, and PCS being somewhat normal... from the COR business. I think she probably deserved a 30 or 31 here though.

I think Elena's scores should have been higher...I guess they're not giving much because they know she's not going to the OG anyway.

If Mao's 3A deserves to be downgraded, so is Ashley's 3-3 combo. Amano is never consistent.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:19 am

That was a PERFECT performance! It's just pure joy and happiness to see her "YES!" expression after the ending pose. Confetti 

Not going to comment on the scoring Disappointed

But I'm interested to see what Mao's going to do with her FS: with a little bit less than 4pts lead, and with that tech panel, she will be playing safe to go for just one 3A. And if she doesn't care about the title and wants to challenge herself, then go for two.

It was a great competition!
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:21 am

ballerinamao wrote:
dangerous_angel_face wrote:
No idea, I really don't think that's it's pure coincidence that shin Amano and a Korean are put on the panel.
Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I can't help thinking that some people put those two together on the tech panel to make sure Mao is lowballed and a certain someone who is competing this week scores higher than her, thus she will be hailed as the favorite for the OG.Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2013
Page 9 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next