Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Other Nationals

Go down 
+22
bekalc
Afsfan
BounceAround
sapphiresky
aoi88
ballerinamao
ElleluvsL
Asada_Rising
shar
Alokya
COHK
Abdiel
silenceisgolden
chapis
ilovethai
pearlyriver
l-spiralmao
kisses
Lady_in_black
polosatik
zarinaballerina
Iceriver
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

Other Nationals - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:21 am

chapis wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

As for Ashley, she knows she took someone's spot, and there is going to be a backlash, and also this are probably tears of joy. My heart is breaking for Mirai. She got royaly screwed.  Depressed Crying Bawling Sad, Lonely

No way, she got the 3rd spot at worlds 2013, Mirai got a fluke national 3rd place.
or what, skaters can be lazy all season and all seasons and suddenly to have a fluke good performance and got a prize for that?. I love that Mao not consider none competition small, she gives all in all competitions, 4cc, gp, gpf, all, Ashley is the same. So come others skaters not competing or doing bad competitions with whatever excuses and do her effort only in big or important competitions, or worse, only at nationals for qualify.  I doubt Mirai or Polina would have good performance in OG. The season have a lot of competitions, not only nationals, olympics and worlds.

Mirai didn't just give all on this fluke competition. Remember, after a disastrous 7th place finish at NHK, she trained hard and fought her way back to place a respectable 3rd at the next competition. And she continue to train hard so she can bring it at Nationals. And she did all of this without a coach.

And after placing third at Skate Canada, Gracie didn't even medal at her next GP event.

I think they let Edmond stay because she's half Russian. Believe me, they are kissing ass so their girls (Gold preferably) have a good chance to medal at Sochi.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:27 am

I could agree Mirai above Polina but saying Ashley take the spot of someone else is not true. Ashley got better places internationally than Mirai, so for the criteria Ashley deserve her spot fairly over Mirai, and yes Ashley had two falls, but the others girls were not spectacular, Polina fall once, Gracie too, and judes overlooked somes Mirai´s UR.
And about of work ethic I just don´t understand to Mirai, she "miraculously" get better in olympic season, what a convenience, I know she has talent but not much desire to work.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am

shar wrote:

Mirai didn't just give all on this fluke competition. Remember, after a disastrous 7th place finish at NHK, she trained hard and fought her way back to place a respectable 3rd at the next competition. And she continue to train hard so she can bring it at Nationals. And she did all of this without a coach.

THIS.
shar wrote:

I think they let Edmond stay because she's half Russian. Believe me, they are kissing ass so their girls (Gold preferably) have a good chance to medal at Sochi.

You might be on to something, however I don't think an american is getting a medal in ladies. They have to fight Mao, Yuna, Caro, Adelina and the extremely rarely failing Yulia. IMO, I think Julia is getting the bronze, and I don't see Polina in top 10.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:32 am

chapis wrote:
I could agree Mirai above Polina but saying Ashley take the spot of someone else is not true. Ashley got better places internationally than Mirai, so for the criteria Ashley deserve her spot fairly over Mirai, and yes Ashley had two falls, but the others girls were not spectacular, Polina fall once, Gracie too, and judes overlooked somes Mirai´s UR.
And about of work ethic I just don´t understand to Mirai, she "miraculously" get better in olympic season, what a convenience, I know she has talent but not much desire to work.

The "Ashley taking someones spot" was from the way USFSA used to select the team. I am aware, that according to the selection procedure (which USFSA suddenly decided to follow  Suspect ) Ashley deserves to go, however from the placement's perspective, she did take someone's spot, namely Mirai's. I sincerely hope, that USFSA is sending top 3 from Nationals to worlds, for there, Ashley didn't qualify. IMO of course.

Last edited by zarinaballerina on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:33 am

Polina has zero grace  No , and she is only 15yo and looks at least 1.65m, I don´t see much future with her.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:36 am

^ And this is why I'm so upset that she was sent over Mirai. No experience, no way in hell will the judges reward her among all the other much more sophisticated girls. Honestly, I'll be shocked if she's in top 10.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:42 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
^ And this is why I'm so upset that she was sent over Mirai. No experience, no way in hell will the judges reward her among all the other much more sophisticated girls. Honestly, I'll be shocked if she's in top 10.

It's all for the story. NBC wants to create interest for Sochi, and with the 3 great white hype, you have a story with something new, blue, and seasoned.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:43 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
chapis wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

As for Ashley, she knows she took someone's spot, and there is going to be a backlash, and also this are probably tears of joy. My heart is breaking for Mirai. She got royaly screwed.  Depressed Crying Bawling Sad, Lonely

No way, she got the 3rd spot at worlds 2013, Mirai got a fluke national 3rd place.
or what, skaters can be lazy all season and all seasons and suddenly to have a fluke good performance and got a prize for that?. I love that Mao not consider none competition small, she gives all in all competitions, 4cc, gp, gpf, all, Ashley is the same. So come others skaters not competing or doing bad competitions with whatever excuses and do her effort only in big or important competitions, or worse, only at nationals for qualify.  I doubt Mirai or Polina would have good performance in OG. The season have a lot of competitions, not only nationals, olympics and worlds.

Actually ashley and gracie got the third spot at Worlds.  Razz 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with the bolded sentence? Mirai had issues with working ethics that's true, but this isn't evaluated for qualifying on the team. She was third, she has international experience, she has medaled at least once in EVERY season since Vancouver, so I ask again, how can such skater be overlooked for the sake of Polina?

As for the so called fluke performance, the performance on the night counts. Ashley bombed, she didn't just have a bad skate, she fell twice and two footed alot of her other jumps. you doubt that Mirai wuld have a good performance in Sochi? Why? Who is to say that Ashley won't bomb as well? Especially now, with this situation going on. I do agree with you on Polina though. even if clean, no way will her juniorish style be rewarded.

As for making excuses, as far as I can remember Mirai has never made any excuses for her bad skates.  scratch  On the other hand, almost imediately there were reports of Ashley losing training time during holidays, I think a flu was also mentioned (or was that about Adam  scratch ) and now there were also problems with her boots.  Rolling Eyes  So...

Honestly, I understand why they chose Ashley, I wish they stuck with their usual procedure of only top 3 being selected, without this backdealings, but I guess they wanted Ash on the team no matter what, so there you go. What I don't understand though, is how in the world Polina got selected. They said the selection was based on GP, hello, Mirai won a freaking medal, what did Polina win? Nothing, she was in juniors.  Frustrated  Idiots.   Very Mad 

ballerinamao wrote:
if they are so eager to put Ashley or Polina on the team then give Mirai atleast the worlds assignment or even better give Mirai the Olympics assignment and give Polina the worlds assignment. now Nirai was robbed twice for the olympic and world spot.

Wait, what?!!! I thought only Oly's team was announced, 4CC and world teams will be anounced later on today, or that was what they said a few days ago.  scratch 

IMO, 4CC should consist of mirai (3rd place) Samantha (5th) and whoever was in 6th, while the world team should consist of the top 3 from nationals. Ashley shouldn't be on it. I wouldn't be surprised though if next the USFSA will be telling us, that they also have the selection procedure for worlds and that placement at Nats doesn't count.

well maybe that's the case, i just thought that the olympic team was the same as the world team.but if this is true then there is still hope for Mirai to be selected to WC  Panic! 

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 am

Does anyone have a link to men's free skate?

shar wrote:
It's all for the story. NBC wants to create interest for Sochi, and with the 3 great white hype, you have a story with something new, blue, and seasoned. Very Happy 

ROTFLMAO 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Wow  Shocked , I just watched Samantha´s performance and I think that it was the best performance of the competiton, it is a shame she did mistakes in her sp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2n3KWhkM1A
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Totally unhappy about Mirai being left off the team, their reasoning as applied to Ashley didn't apply to Mirai, which makes zero sense.
They can bend the rules however they want, but I think they made a dumb decision.

Poor Mirai, she really got screwed over this time. It's so sad because if they left Polina off the team, she would be able to make it to the next OG, and it really doesn't make a difference to her at this point, she's not gonna be on the podium. Whereas for Mirai, this would really make a difference, it's probably her last few seasons and she's probably not gonna stick around for the next cycle.  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Adam is popping jumps all over the place. It's bye bye Sochi for Rippon.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 pm

shar wrote:
Adam is popping jumps all over the place. It's bye bye Sochi for Rippon.

Sadly, that was obvious since yesterday.

I can't wait for videos to be posted on YT. it sucks that there are no working links available.  Bawling 

Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Jason Brown is so much fun to watch, he was fantastic in the FS!

Poor Richard, he won't be going to Sochi.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 2:50 pm

when are the going to announce the WC team?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 2:50 pm

shar, if it's not too much of a burden, could you please post reports. I don't mean in details, just how many mistakes and a score.  Worship 

I'm so nervous for jeremy. I know he's going to Sochi no matter what, but I don't want him to bomb and have another controversial decision.

@ballerinamao, they'll announce it after the men's free, the same time as they'll announce the men's Oly's team. Rumour has it, that Mirai is going to 4CC and worlds. Not sure if it's true.
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 2:56 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar, if it's not too much of a burden, could you please post reports. I don't mean in details, just how many mistakes and a score.  Worship 

I'm so nervous for jeremy. I know he's going to Sochi no matter what, but I don't want him to bomb and have another controversial decision.

@ballerinamao, they'll announce it after the men's free, the same time as they'll announce the men's Oly's team. Rumour has it, that Mirai is going to 4CC and worlds. Not sure if it's true.

thanks for the answer, I really hope this rumor is true, her not being selected for OLY was already devastating enough  Mad 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 2:58 pm

BounceAround wrote:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2014/2014_us_fs_champs/results.html

Protocols...Jeremy wins!

Holy...I wasn't aware it was over already.  Shocked  OMG, Jason is in second!  Confetti  Now just watch the repeat from the ladies mess, and see max being put on the team.  pale 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:01 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

thanks for the answer, I really hope this rumor is true, her not being selected for OLY  was already devastating enough  Mad 

Tell me about it! I'm as pissed as I was over Mao's UR on 3A at the GPF. Honestly, Ashley could at least aknowledge Mirai's screwing. I know it's not Ashley's fault for what happened, but still...

I've read at GS, that Ashley is supposedly changing her LP. I don't know if this is true, but if it is, I don't really know what to say. Whirly  I hope she knows Sochi is some 3 weeks away.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Jeremy in Sochi  cheers Cheering Swoon 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:03 pm

And Jason Brown is officially Sochi Bound with Abott.

Mirai is appealing the decision to be left off the team. This could get ugly. She told Johnny Weir when he talked to her on the phone a half hour ago.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:05 pm

shar wrote:

Mirai is appealing the decision to be left off the team.
Really?????
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:08 pm

chapis wrote:
shar wrote:

Mirai is appealing the decision to be left off the team.

Really?????

She's disappointed. What's the point in doing your best and making the podium, just to have all the work, progress and win be null and void. Why not fight for your right when you feel you've earned it.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:10 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

thanks for the answer, I really hope this rumor is true, her not being selected for OLY  was already devastating enough  Mad 

Tell me about it! I'm as pissed as I was over Mao's UR on 3A at the GPF. Honestly, Ashley could at least aknowledge Mirai's screwing. I know it's not Ashley's fault for what happened, but still...

I've read at GS, that Ashley is supposedly changing her LP. I don't know if this is true, but if it is, I don't really know what to say. Whirly  I hope she knows Sochi is some 3 weeks away.

I think with changing she meant going back to an old fs of hers, otherwise she will be wasting the remaining training time to relearn new choreography instead of focusing on her elements.

I had a feeling the USSF would leave Mirai of the team, knowing how they have treated her the last couple of years, bt I was still hoping that they would acknowledge her progress and accomplishment at nationals as well as internationally.

(as for Mao, nothing has made me as furious this season as the call Mao received on her 3A at the GPF)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other Nationals
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next