Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Other Nationals

Go down 
+22
bekalc
Afsfan
BounceAround
sapphiresky
aoi88
ballerinamao
ElleluvsL
Asada_Rising
shar
Alokya
COHK
Abdiel
silenceisgolden
chapis
ilovethai
pearlyriver
l-spiralmao
kisses
Lady_in_black
polosatik
zarinaballerina
Iceriver
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

Other Nationals - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm

When i saw figure skaters in person For me they were bigger than I imagined, even Mao, they looks bigger than common people, but i think that is because their muscular legs. The same reason that Meryl looks so thin, she is completly thin, she has muscular arms, not much, but her legs are very thin. At least in my country is not common The muscular legs, even if people do excercise, you are thin with thin legs or fat with big legs but because The fatty. I noted that european people are lucky because they can be skinny with muscular legs without much excercise.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:57 pm

chapis wrote:
When i saw figure skaters in person For me they were bigger than I imagined, even Mao, they looks bigger than common people, but i think that is because their muscular legs. The same  reason that Meryl looks so thin, she is completly thin, she has muscular arms, not much, but her legs are very thin. At least in my country is not common The muscular legs, even if people do excercise, you are thin with thin legs or fat with big legs but because The fatty. I noted that european people are lucky because they can be skinny with muscular legs without much excercise.
You've seen Mao in person? Encore I always think she'll look tiny in person to me, since she already looks thin and willowy on the screen. Can any skater/ice dancer be fat? I like willowy, delicate skaters but I also like muscular ones.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:28 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
chapis wrote:
When i saw figure skaters in person For me they were bigger than I imagined, even Mao, they looks bigger than common people, but i think that is because their muscular legs. The same  reason that Meryl looks so thin, she is completly thin, she has muscular arms, not much, but her legs are very thin. At least in my country is not common The muscular legs, even if people do excercise, you are thin with thin legs or fat with big legs but because The fatty. I noted that european people are lucky because they can be skinny with muscular legs without much excercise.
You've seen Mao in person? Encore I always think she'll look tiny in person to me, since she already looks thin and willowy on the screen. Can any skater/ice dancer be fat? I like willowy, delicate skaters but I also like muscular ones.  Very Happy 
Gurl... YASSSS! Watch dis big booty gurl right here. Look at her land dat salchow. Werk it!  Razz

Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:30 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
chapis wrote:

No. I don't think it is possible for elite skaters to be fat. They train too much, and can you imagine where the hell your center of gravity would be if you had even a little extra weight around your tummy? Some of them are well-built, a la Surya Bonaly or Tessa. Some of them really don't know how to dress properly, though, like Tessa, which really does not do her justice because Tessa is gorgeous in person! I hate her costume designer. She should borrow Meryl's. Anybody, even the gorgeous Meryl Davis (and yes, she is breathtakingly beautiful in person), could look bad with a bad costume, and I hate to say it, but most of Tessa's costumes (at least in my opinion) really don't flatter her at all.

I thought Mao was actually pretty tiny in person because, even with skates on, she was only six inches taller than me, and without them, she's probably only an inch or two taller than me. Mao is definitely the willowy, graceful type. That said, there is a certain elegance to Tessa - probably the way she carries herself. Her posture is excellent.

Ashley got mentioned on here, and she is also quite a tiny person but, like Tessa, looks bigger on the ice than she is (definitely during her SA short program this year...). I want to blame bad costume designer again - her Samson and Delilah (while I hated the color) suited her, but that Pollock program with the red dress and this year's SP.... just no. That was the definition of unflattering.

Sorry for getting on my soapbox... I should shut up and go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:18 pm

not live stream for US nationals, but if someone is interesed icenetwork has live backstage  Cool 
http://www.icenetwork.com/video/v31294629
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:55 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
chapis wrote:

I would kill to have Mao´s legs  Worship , yes, muscular legs, she is obviously thin, but her legs are definitly big in proportion to rest of her body. She is even more gorgeous in person, I think she could be actress or tv presenter  Razz .
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:58 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
So-Youn Park in a bit familiar-looking costume  Wink  at Korean Nationals.

Other Nationals - Page 3 20140110

I love So-Youn ever since I've seen a documentary on her a few years ago. Though I didn't understand a word of korean. I'm so happy she's made it on Olympic team.  cheers 

Alokya wrote:
No. I don't think it is possible for elite skaters to be fat. They train too much, and can you imagine where the hell your center of gravity would be if you had even a little extra weight around your tummy? Some of them are well-built, a la Surya Bonaly or Tessa.

I'm not really comfortable saying this, but an Austrian skater (i've forgotten her name) is on the bigger side. I'm sure in everyday life she looks like a healthy young woman, but for a figure skater she did look a bit big. Maybe it was due to TV and wrong costume design...
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:07 pm

chapis wrote:
not live stream for US nationals, but if someone is interesed icenetwork has live backstage  Cool 

US nationals, ladies' SP is live here at the moment:
http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/380789_1361122413288.htm
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:54 pm

COHK wrote:
chapis wrote:

US nationals, ladies' SP is live here at the moment:
http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/380789_1361122413288.htm

Shocked Thank you! 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:17 pm

wow, Rachel Flatt spread eagle is amazing  Worship 
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:
So-Youn Park in a bit familiar-looking costume  Wink  at Korean Nationals.

Other Nationals - Page 3 20140110

I love So-Youn ever since I've seen a documentary on her a few years ago. Though I didn't understand a word of korean. I'm so happy she's made it on Olympic team.  cheers 

Alokya wrote:
No. I don't think it is possible for elite skaters to be fat. They train too much, and can you imagine where the hell your center of gravity would be if you had even a little extra weight around your tummy? Some of them are well-built, a la Surya Bonaly or Tessa.

I'm not really comfortable saying this, but an Austrian skater (i've forgotten her name) is on the bigger side. I'm sure in everyday life she looks like a healthy young woman, but for a figure skater she did look a bit big. Maybe it was due to TV and wrong costume design...

Blame the dress. I saw all the Australian skaters in person at 4CC, and I think you're referring to Zara Pasfield. Her dresses do not suit her. Ugh. But in person, she is pretty tiny!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Scores for the ladies short program at US Nationals:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2014/2014_us_fs_champs/results.html

Mirai's in 3rd. Hopefully, she either moves up to second or stay in 3rd so she can go to Sochi.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:17 am

shar wrote:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2014/2014_us_fs_champs/results.html

Mirai's in 3rd. Hopefully, she either moves up to second or stay in 3rd so she can go to Sochi.

Hell yes!!!!! cheers Dance Boogie Confetti  Go Gracie and Mirai!  Rockstar  Come on mirai pull through in the LP, you know you can do it. Yep!   Cheering 

alokya wrote:
Blame the dress. I saw all the Australian skaters in person at 4CC, and I think you're referring to Zara Pasfield. Her dresses do not suit her. Ugh. But in person, she is pretty tiny!

I was talking about an austrian girl (from Austria).  Wink  Her name is Kerstin Frank, but after looking at her pictures on google, I can see your explanation for why she would appear big. She is very muscled and her dresses aren't good, and don't even get me started on her "half-boots" tights style. I hate this trend in general, but for a girl of her build, it should be mandatory to wear tights either in boots or over the boots. Not to mention in her case, the TV really adds a lot of pounds.

Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:30 am

So proud of Mirai  Rockstar . I shouldn't have written her off so soon Lips sealed . I still hate The Man I Love, but when Mirai made eye contact with the audience, they clapped their hands very enthusiastically. Who accompanied Mirai at the competition?
What is Rachel Flatt doing? 4 years ago, USFSA desperately promoted her to be an Olympics hopeful, now she's become their disowned child. What did she do?  silent
Back to top Go down
Asada_Rising

Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:54 am

Rachel decided to try going to school full time at Stanford University and Compete at the same time. her 2010-2011 season was not great and then she suffered a bad injury. I believe this is her first year back to competition so that means two years out I think? If I am being completely honest, I never was able to jump on the Rachel Train. Our commentators would always say she was consistent but that was it. Home girl had some UGLY Jumps but she landed them. I am not a skater but she was really lacking the type of quality that female skaters needed. Anyways...

I am really excited that Mirai skated so well. The only problem I have with her is that her programs would look better if they were skated with more energy and attack. Todays performance was a big improvement but I believe she has more in her.

This was the first time I liked Gracie. I honestly think we are doing the right thing by promoting Gracie because she has the type of personality, spark and appeal that judges like. Gracie does have potential to be the next big face of skating in here in the U.S. Frank did a good job with her and they have only been together for a few months. For once she looked somewhat graceful. Still a lot of work to be done but, they are on the right track.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:39 am

Asada_Rising wrote:
Rachel decided to try going to school full time at Stanford University and Compete at the same time. her 2010-2011 season was not great and then she suffered a bad injury. I believe this is her first year back to competition so that means two years out I think? If I am being completely honest, I never was able to jump on the Rachel Train. Our commentators would always say she was consistent but that was it. Home girl had some UGLY Jumps but she landed them. I am not a skater but she was really lacking the type of quality that female skaters needed. Anyways...

I am really excited that Mirai skated so well. The only problem I have with her is that her programs would look better if they were skated with more energy and attack. Todays performance was a big improvement but I believe she has more in her.

This was the first time I liked Gracie. I honestly think we are doing the right thing by promoting Gracie because she has the type of personality, spark and appeal that judges like. Gracie does have potential to be the next big face of skating in here in the U.S. Frank did a good job with her and they have only been together for a few months. For once she looked somewhat graceful. Still a lot of work to be done but, they are on the right track.

They are, indeed, packaging her properly for once! I still cannot deal with her interviews/comments/sense of entitlement, but if Gracie stays consistent, USFS is smart to put their bets on her.

I am so happy that Mirai did well! And now that she isn't in first, she might not have a meltdown in the free skate, meaning she might be able to make that Olympic team if she skates well on Saturday!!
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:41 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

Hell yes!!!!! cheers Dance Boogie Confetti  Go Gracie and Mirai!  Rockstar  Come on mirai pull through in the LP, you know you can do it. Yep!   Cheering 

alokya wrote:

I was talking about an austrian girl (from Austria).  Wink  Her name is Kerstin Frank, but after looking at her pictures on google, I can see your explanation for why she would appear big. She is very muscled and her dresses aren't good, and don't even get me started on her "half-boots" tights style. I hate this trend in general, but for a girl of her build, it should be mandatory to wear tights either in boots or over the boots. Not to mention in her case, the TV really adds a lot of pounds.

Wow, that's embarrassing, I completely misread that. Sorry! And YAY! I'm not the only person that HATES the half-boot tights! The only girl that has been able to pull it off EVER (in my very humble opinion) is Elena Radionova, and that is because she is already rather long-legged.
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:37 am

I don't know if this is on topic or not, but during US nationals, Christina Gao was asked by Michael Buckley who her favorite international skater was, and she named both Yuna and Mao and when asked which one would win in Sochi, she said that she thought that Mao was going to win the Olympics this time I love you I was pleasantly surprised because before that she usually only mentioned Yuna as being her favorite. She was really cute throughout the interview, hope she is able to have a better result in the free skate.

Also, fingers crossed that Mirai will be clean and full of spark and energy for her free skate as well  Like a Star @ heaven 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Mirai finally  Boogie , she is so talented , Gracie Gold better too, her dress is beautiful and she looks very confident, still she would look better with 4-5 kg+, sad for Ashley, Rachel F. and Christina, I am sure Ashley can improve in her LP, Christina too, in fact she did very silly mistakes. I didn´t like Rachel F never, but in her probably last season she improved a lot in her interpretation  cheers  Mushy Love , I enjoyed her performance very much, but now technically she is not very good, though her spread eagle was wonderful, beautiful dress too.  Polina E. technically good but I don´t like her, sorry but she is very unpolished and for me is not very charismatic.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:07 pm

short dance

1. Meryl/charlie
2. Chock/Bates
3. Shibs
4. H/D

I am very mortified for Shibs and H/D  Yep, Sadly Sad 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Sad 

I can't believe I completely forgot about US nationals! And it's in my timezone too...

Go Mirai and Gracie! And I hope Ashley will be able to move into the top 2 during the FS.

And does anyone know why Karen Chen withdrew?
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:15 pm

chapis wrote:
Ladies live practice http://web.icenetwork.com/video/v31294655

What time does the ladies FS starts?
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:22 pm

ladies is tomorrow 6:45pm Boston time, today is men, ladies are only practicing for tomorrow  flower

eta. 1 Gracie´s LP is  Unconscious
eta 2 Very good practice for Mirai  Cheering Woot! 

Last edited by chapis on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:32 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:

And does anyone know why Karen Chen withdrew?

She is still recovering from an ankle injury and thought that she would be ready in time to compete, but she still isn't fully healed yet  No I don't know if this means she will miss being on the Junior world team or not, but I hope she comes back strong next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Other Nationals - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other Nationals
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next