Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate Canada 2014

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 5:23 am

Entries/result page: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2014/index.htm

Practice videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/mao1mao1mao/videos and https://www.youtube.com/user/sorazun/videos (sorazun only has video of HJ though....)

Good luck to everyone in the SP, and Happy Halloween!
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 3:27 pm

And my computer has decided to commit suicide, so.... I'm stuck with my phone.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 3:46 pm

Back to top Go down
girlgirllo

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Hello,

I am new to posting although I've visited this form for years. I am a huge fan of Mao Asada. I miss her from competition but I am still enjoying the GP season. I am not so sure I want Mao to return to competition. In the beginning I wanted her to take a season off from competition but work on her triple/triple during this time. My stress level and hers would be so much easier if she could just learn to do a good triple toe to add to a triple. I love Mao but if she does not spend any of this season off working on this; I would prefer for her not to come back.
Back to top Go down
girlgirllo

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 9:15 pm

Oh and does anyone have a link to actual scoring for males short program Skate Canada? Oh I see the link above provides the judges scores now. Thank you for the link cheers
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:03 am

girlgirllo wrote:
Hello,

I am new to posting although I've visited this form for years. I am a huge fan of Mao Asada. I miss her from competition but I am still enjoying the GP season. I am not so sure I want Mao to return to competition. In the beginning I wanted her to take a season off from competition but work on her triple/triple during this time. My stress level and hers would be so much easier if she could just learn to do a good triple toe to add to a triple. I love Mao but if she does not spend any of this season off working on this; I would prefer for her not to come back.

First i want to say welcome to the forum Very Happy
I personally don't feel the same way about the 3-3t combo, I since even when the 3f-3lo is slightly underrotated it's still worth more then a 3f-3t, and I just enjoy watching the 3f-3lo more since it's such a rare and exciting combo. beside her technical content is already higher and more demanding then everyone else's, what I on the otherhand would like to see, is not a change from Mao but rather from the judges, to treat her and score her the way she deserves, and show her their appreaciation of her and everything she has done to the sport.
Back to top Go down
girlgirllo

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:44 am

ballerinamao wrote:
girlgirllo wrote:
Hello,

I personally don't feel the same way about the 3-3t combo, I since even when the 3f-3lo is slightly underrotated it's still worth more then a 3f-3t, and I just enjoy watching the 3f-3lo more since it's such a rare and exciting combo. beside her technical content is already  higher and more demanding then everyone else's, what I on the otherhand would like to see, is not a change from Mao but rather from the judges, to treat her and score her the way she deserves, and show her their appreaciation of her and everything she has done to the sport.

Hi Ballerinamo,

Thank you for the greeting. I disagree about 3f-3lo. It is rarely given credit as opposed to the 3t. Then, if it is downgraded you get no grade of execution or negative GE. The 3f-3t is ratified more & landing will most likely get you GE. I looked at the men events and quad. The men put 3t on the Quad. It is a reason for this. If she had the 3t, it would make her life a heck a more easy in that she could do the 3f-3t in the short program instead of the triple axle. She has a wonderful double axel that she could add a great entrance into to pick up GE. She could save the more risk triple Axel for long program where there are more jump passes to make up for a triple axel mistake. I love Mao but I do not want her back without a triple, triple toe.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 10:24 am

girlgirllo wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
girlgirllo wrote:
Hello,

I personally don't feel the same way about the 3-3t combo, I since even when the 3f-3lo is slightly underrotated it's still worth more then a 3f-3t, and I just enjoy watching the 3f-3lo more since it's such a rare and exciting combo. beside her technical content is already  higher and more demanding then everyone else's, what I on the otherhand would like to see, is not a change from Mao but rather from the judges, to treat her and score her the way she deserves, and show her their appreaciation of her and everything she has done to the sport.

Hi Ballerinamo,

Thank you for the greeting. I disagree about 3f-3lo. It is rarely given credit as opposed to the 3t. Then, if it is downgraded you get no grade of execution or negative GE.  The 3f-3t is ratified more & landing will most likely get you GE.  I looked at the men events and quad. The men put 3t on the Quad. It is a reason for this. If she had the 3t, it would make her life a heck a more easy in that she could do the 3f-3t in the short program instead of the triple axle.  She has a wonderful double axel that she could add a great entrance into to pick up GE. She could save the more risk triple Axel for long program where there are more jump passes to make up for a triple axel mistake. I love Mao but I do not want her back without a triple, triple toe.

I understand your standpoint, but we have to remember that it was because of the 3A that she made a new World record in the sp. I ofcourse wouldn't mind her bringing the 3f-3t back, but I still prefer the 3f-3lo as combo, I generelly speaking prefer the loop. ofcourse the 3f-3lo is harder to get ratiefied but Mao's combo often does look fully rotated, so it should only be a matter of time before she get's full credit for this combo again, and when it's fully ratiefied good goe follow automatically. But regardles of Mao's choice, I will just be happy to see her back on the ice and competing, she still has soo much to offer!
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Well, the men's FS just ended, and Mura won.... and everyone else kind of bombed.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:15 pm

I'm also without computer and stuck with my phone, so I won't quote due to "technical difficulties".
Firstly, welcome to the forum girlgirllo! cheers I must say that while ballerinamao has a point in 3F-3Lo being special, I agree with you that in case Mao comes back, she should change it to 3t. Any combo with an attached 3Lo almost never gets credited, especially with Mao who has a reputation for often under rotating her jumps so her jumps are judged hurshly than those of (most) others. Yep, Sadly And I highly doubt that the judges will change their attitude towards her, so I'm really torn about her potential comeback. I don't want to see her working her butt off, only to be constantly underscored by those idiots. Mad

Back to Skate Canada. Does anyone know what's wrong with Taka? Is he injured? I haven't seen his program, but that score... pale

Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:42 pm

I don't know... Sad
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:41 pm

I dont have the courage to watch Taka´s LP, but the SP was not so bad.
Mura was great, it was difficult appreciate his interpretation because I already hate phantom but his jumps was perfect, and he was so cute in the kiss and cry.
Javi with problems Crying or Very sad , It are nerves I guess.

In the sp Satoko was beautiful, my favorite. Alena and Ashley was great too. I hope Satoko win this.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Me too, but I also liked Pogo. Miyahara's in 1st right now....
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 pm

So, Pogo wins, Ashley 2nd, and Miyahara 3rd....
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Anna won but my favorite was Satoko Mushy Love and my second favorite was Ashley Rockstar .
Anna has bad posture, programs, music and spins. But she is only 16, I hope she works about it, well, posture and spins, her team must to get better costumes and programs.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 3:07 am

I'm so happy for Pogo. cheers  
I'm not a fan of Ashley's, there's something about her that's off putting, at least to me.
OMG Satoko! Dance Love Hearts WOW!  that was amazing. Now if only she can somehow learn to jump bigger, she will become a force to be reckoned with. It's heartbreaking to see her score suffer due to all those URs, and I feel that as long as she'll have those tiny jumps, her PCS is going to suck. Yep, Sadly

Why is everyone hating onPogo's Firebird costume? confused I like it. She should get rid of gloves and it's going to be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skate Canada 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada 2014   Skate Canada 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate Canada 2014
Page 1 of 1