Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of China 2015

Go down 
+12
europeanfan
Lady_in_black
sapphiresky
shar
WowMao
polosatik
ballerinamao
roma
l-spiralmao
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
COHK
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 7:36 am

Bravo~ Mao!!

I don't think we get a fan cam version of Mao's competitions as often, so here's one (and thanks to the person sharing this from twitter):

https://youtu.be/bGbuTIXku8s
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 am

I agree with you guys about the jump layout. Too risky, and I don't believe in lutz with the correct edge in comeptition,sadly((( So 3a, 3f-3t and 3 loop would be perfect,and if clean it will be unbeatable.
But the perforamnce was just Dance Love Mushy Love Step sequence made me teary, so perfect, edges were to die for. And the dress!!! So pretty, I just don't know what to add. Oh, PCS were just nono Hell, no! Fried 36 would be okay)
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 11:30 am

It's veeeery risky but this is what I love about Mao Many Hearts

I wasn't watching too much figure skating after 2013/2014 season, but Mao's comeback definitely attracted my attention to this season Laughing

3A and 3-3 combo are extremely risky, I agree 3L is completely unnecessary, but still, I can't wait to see the rest of the season,

Bravo Mao!!! Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:
It sounded like Mao was awesome, and this is the only 70+ GP score that I don't think was inflated.

Videos? Cloud 9

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC9PI2RISEU flower
With the glorious British Eurosport commentary

Thank you! I love this program. Especially her steps. Wub Many Hearts Dance
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 1:08 pm

what is the skating order for tommorrow
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 1:24 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

It's in the reverse order of their SP placement. Mao skates last.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:55 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

It's in the reverse order of their SP placement. Mao skates last.

I see, I hoped that she would skate a bit earlier, but it's okay
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Since I won't be able to watch Mao live later today....go go, go Mao! cheers Don't worry, just go for it, and kick butt! Cheering Boogie Good luck!

Still can't believe it. The one weekend where Eurosport is broadcasting everything live, and I can't watch. Bawling Very Mad Faint2 Sad, Lonely
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Mao and Coach Sato at K&C after SP yesterday:

Coach Sato: Praising Mao for her speed in the program -- 'that speed was the best'
Mao: (About 3Lz): because Sensei reminded me about Lz, I hesitated. The 3A was the same as usual.

In post SP interview, when asked about Lz, Mao says the correcting of edge has been carried out for about 1 month. She says it's still 'half-half' (which means she knows it's not there yet). But it means a lot more for her to be able to take it as a challenge and add it to SP.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Her speed was definitely awesome. Shame on those who keep on saying her speed is only average or above average at most. They have to see her skate live to appreciate and it will be better with Caro in attendance so they can finally see that Mao has the same speed Caro is known for.

Mao was definitely the best there but it did feel a bit tentative even if she managed to do that ambitious jump layout. No need to worry. It's her first GP competition after all. She'll only get better from here. Remember her IGR? She was also quite tentative with that one till she got comfortable with it later in the season. The PCS... if people have been saying she's like the ladies' PChan then I hope those crazy judges start giving her PChan level PCS too. 34+ is her range during the GP season in 2013. Her performance last night was definitely better than then. I hope they will give her what she's due in NHK even if they haters will scream overscored. She's been so underscored for so long.

Lena and Anna... argh! Both of them messed up but no worries... both of them have what it takes to recover pretty well in the FP. I just want Mao and Rika on that podium.

Zijun... hey, another underscored one in terms of PCS. The event is in China! How come no PCS love for her. Even if she didn't do a 3-3 that was still a pretty good performance. ANd I love her costume! So-Youn, argh! When will she ever skate clean? No confidence... Stop packaging her as another Yu-na! I just want these two beautiful skaters to be able to skate clean and see real happy smiles from them.

Rika... gurl I really like you and can count on you to be consistent. You have an awesome costume and a pro choreographed by one of my faves -- Akiko. Please try to improve your upper body more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 12:49 am

Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 CTLoRQ-VAAAfpl5
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 1:36 am

any livestream available for ladies FS?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 am

I've managed to catch the end of Mao's LP. Oh boy, judging by the TES it didn't go well. Sad  only 58 but she did have a fall and a pop.  And I'm guessing quite a few ur's? Well, she's been away for a whole year and it's only the begining of the season, so there's plenty of room for improvement. Yep!   and she's landed 3A. Very Happy
But it is the first win at ladies gp that's below 200.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 3:38 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I've managed to catch the end of Mao's LP. Oh boy, judging by the TES it didn't go well. Sad  only 58 but she did have a fall and a pop.  And I'm guessing quite a few ur's? Well, she's been away for a whole year and it's only the begining of the season, so there's plenty of room for improvement. Yep!   and she's landed 3A. Very Happy
But it is the first win at ladies gp that's below 200.

she had a fall after her 3f-3lo combo, and doubled the lutz and and flip, but the 3A was HUUUGE and breathtaking, her spins soo beautiful, and amazing step and choreography and elegance. she might have fell but even her fall looked elegant haha
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 3:47 am

She got 1.86 goe on her axel! About time.
3f-3lo<
2lutz !
2a-3t<
The last spin was level 3, everything else level 4. She got a deduction for late start. I was worried about this rule. She always takes so long to prepare, and you're only allowed 30 seconds. 1 minute if you're first to start. I think she's too used to the old rule of 1 minute preparation time.

Sorry, I'm on my phone and can't post any links. Frustrated
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 4:20 am

Congratulations to Mao on her win. Mao's triple axel was magnificent and her second triple loop and triple salchow was really nice. Her expression was wonderful especially in the step sequence. She really brought out the sadness and melancholy of Madame Butterfly. I agree with those who say it would be better to replace the 3lutz. I guess she can only use a double axel, but she can get really good GOE on it and keep a better flow in the performance. Other people have mentioned Mao's sleeve coming up her arm in the LP. I noticed this happened both times she had difficulty with the 3F / 3L combo in her LP, but without the sleeve riding up her arm she did it well in the SP. I hope she secures it so it doesn't move before she performs next. I wish Mao all the best in coming back strong.

Last edited by WowMao on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 4:25 am

I think it's nerves in the beginning, she looked so nervøs in the beginning, because we all know she did those jumps a hundred time in practice flawlessly, it's all a mental game for Mao.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 4:32 am

I wonder what can she do to fix her problems with ur. Is she too slow going into the jumps, doesn't get enough height? scratch  I hope she'll manage to find a recipe for it. It's heartbreaking seeing her TES plumet. And unfortunately, due to her past with ur's (some justified, some invented), she isn't given the benefit of doubt.

@WowMao, I agree, she should ditch the lutz, especially in SP. It's killing her there. If she wants an 8 triple LP, then keep it, but don't let the "e" get in her way, which is what I suspect, happened here. Those who have edge issues usually mess up the jump altogether, due to the lack of confidence.
It pains me to say it, but I don't see her with the correct lutz in competition. No
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 4:41 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I wonder what can she do to fix her problems with ur. Is she too slow going into the jumps, doesn't get enough height? scratch  I hope she'll manage to find a recipe for it. It's heartbreaking seeing her TES plumet. And unfortunately, due to her past with ur's (some justified, some invented), she isn't given the benefit of doubt.

@WowMao, I agree, she should ditch the lutz, especially in SP. It's killing her there. If she wants an 8 triple LP, then keep it, but don't let the "e" get in her way, which is what I suspect, happened here. Those who have edge issues usually mess up the jump altogether, due to the lack of confidence.
It pains me to say it, but I don't see her with the correct lutz in competition. No

Mao did not gt an "e" in the japan open nor here in the free, she should definitely not ditch it, she is doing it right in practice and in competition.
she is letting nerves get to her in the free, also notice the speed she practically flied into her jumps. She left out the 3f-2lo-2lo and doubled the lutz and that cost her dearly on the technical score, these two elements alone are around 20 points she left on the table, add the fall deduction and levl3 spins and she left out PLENTY of points, but you know, let it rather happen here then later

It was as if she was thinking about her mistakes in the free, she should let it go and just focus, she did all those jumps in sleep in practice, which shows she is in magnificent condition, she just needs to focus focus focus at the job at hand, but that said I really enjoyed her free it wasn't nearly as good as in japan open, but that 3A in the beginning was to die for, and I love her elegant and refined skatingstyle

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 5:03 am

She got "e" in the short and ! on double lutz in LP. Look, I would love nothing more than for Mao to prove me wrong and see her do a clean lutz every time. But in reality, fixing the edge on any jump is so incredibly difficult, because she's fighting her muscle memory every time. Add the stress and nerves and she falls into her old habits.
If I were her, I'd ditch the lutz in SP, because "!" will lower her score and "e" will kill it. So she'll go into LP with too much catching up to do. Keep it in LP and see if she can get it ratified. Even with "e" she has plenty of other elements to make up for it.

Holy moly, her 3A was absolutely divine!  Dance I would've given it even higher goe. It's great to see she can land it consistently and cleanly. With season progressing, I hope she'll have the same success with the rest of the jumps. Rockstar

On a good note; even with flawed program and a fall, she almost got 70 in PCS.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 5:12 am

Well, it sounds like a mixed bag of an FS from her. Anyone have videos?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 5:14 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
She got "e" in the short and ! on double lutz in LP. Look, I would love nothing more than for Mao to prove me wrong and see her do a clean lutz every time. But in reality, fixing the edge on any jump is so incredibly difficult, because she's fighting her muscle memory every time. Add the stress and nerves and she falls into her old habits.
If I were her, I'd ditch the lutz in SP, because "!" will lower her score and "e" will kill it. So she'll go into LP with too much catching up to do. Keep it in LP and see if she can get it ratified. Even with "e" she has plenty of other elements to make up for it.

Holy moly, her 3A was absolutely divine!  Dance I would've given it even higher goe. It's great to see she can land it consistently and cleanly. With season progressing, I hope she'll have the same success with the rest of the jumps. Rockstar

On a good note; even with flawed program and a fall, she almost got 70 in PCS.

She just need to focus, really it was soo clear that she was thinking about the mistakes instead of thinking of the upcoming elements, this was definitely an offday for Mao. I really already look forward to the next competition, she will be in, I'm sure she will nail this program eventually, and you know better save the best for the bigger events.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 5:16 am

It also looks like the arena is very warm. So it might of affected her. To be honest, I'm a bit relieved she had problems. It's only november. It'still a long way until worlds. I want her peaking in Boston not at GPF or 4CC.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 5:30 am

I just read that Mao got a deduction for a late start Neutral that's why she got two deductions Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:29 am

ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Mao did not get an "e" in the Japan Open nor in the free here, she should definitely not ditch it, she is doing it right in practice and in competition.
she is letting nerves get to her in the free, also notice the speed she practically flied into her jumps. She left out the 3f-2lo-2lo and doubled the lutz and that cost her dearly on the technical score, these two elements alone are around 20 points she left on the table, add the fall deduction and levl3 spins and she left out PLENTY of points, but you know, let it rather happen here then later

It was as if she was thinking about her mistakes in the free, she should let it go and just focus, she did all those jumps in sleep in practice, which shows she is in magnificent condition, she just needs to focus focus focus at the job at hand, but that said I really enjoyed her free it wasn't nearly as good as in japan open, but that 3A in the beginning was to die for, and I love her elegant and refined skatingstyle

Even though Mao didn't get an e in the LP, she got a severe ! on a 2 lutz with -.69 GOE. She only got like 5 points total on both her triple lutz attempts in the SP and LP. I think it may be also hurting her PCS slightly because posters more objective than me have mentioned that they noticed Mao seems to slow down in the approach to the triple lutz, while Mao's approach to her triple axle is almost universally praised.    
I am not saying Mao should do this, but if Mao wants to go the challenging hero route, which Mao seems to prefer, I would rather her go for another triple axel instead of a triple lutz. She got +1.86 GOE which is even higher than Liza got at Worlds last year in the LP. Honestly, that was the most beautiful triple axel I have ever seen along with the one Mao did in her Nocturne 2014 SP. Besides, it would really intimidate her opponents if she could do 2 triple axels in one LP. Mao would have to take out either a triple flip or triple loop, but she could add a double axel. Even if she two foots or urs the triple axel, she can get the same value as a fully rotated triple lutz with an e (at best). It would also take some stress off the need for a 3F / 3L combo or at least to have it ratified. What's more she has done 2 in an LP many times before.  
If that is too much, she could just replace the 3 lutz with a double axel  and get really good GOE.
Putting the shoe on the other foot, one of the main reasons Mao won this competition is because Rika got a ! and an e on her two triple lutz attempts in the LP. What if Mao loses because she gets a total of 5 points for 2 lutz attempts with an e and ! as she did again here, instead of getting around 10 points for a triple toe or a triple salchow in the SP and a double axel in the long that she can do relatively easily, not to mention its effect on her performance and confidence if it breaks the flow of her performance as it did in the LP today.

These are just my thoughts. I am not saying that I am right. I just want Mao to play to her strengths.

Last edited by WowMao on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of China 2015
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next