Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Yu Na News - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:44 am

Wow polly10, your prediction turned out to be true!

And with Peter Oppegard being her coach, the Kwan-Kim connection is strengthening. It's quite advantageous to Yu-na, since being tagged with the Kwans would help make her name rocket since Michelle Kwan is one of the biggest skating superstars in the US. Plus, Karen Kwan, who is Michelle's sister and Peter's wife, is a choreographer. So all is good.

As for David Wilson being Yu-na's choreographer, I wasn't surprised. They have a tight connection, even during the Brian O. days. But I do love how she switched to Shae-Lynn Bourne. Wasn't she the one who choreographed Daisuke's mambo? If so, Yu-na's SP would be fantastic. It's like she's making all these big decisions and evolving.

I'm looking forward to their tandem. I doubt it would surpass Yu-na's golden age with Orser, but it's a new chapter in Yu-na's life and it'll be interesting how things would go.

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:13 am

But klarification, Yuna will be skating to a Wilson short program now. Whatever happened to her collaboration with Shae-Lynn we will be guessing for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 am

roma wrote:
But klarification, Yuna will be skating to a Wilson short program now. Whatever happened to her collaboration with Shae-Lynn we will be guessing for quite a while.

Really? Well, that's a bummer. I wanted to see her skate to something different. Oh well. Neutral
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 am

klarification wrote:
roma wrote:

Really? Well, that's a bummer. I wanted to see her skate to something different. Oh well. Neutral

ITA. I feel Wilson is overrated. He's good but he doesn't beat Lori at her prime. I especially don't like how he tends to chose generic music for a lot of his programs. I think the one who did her Tango Roxanne SP was a better choreographer. Is it just me or do anyone else feel Yuna and MK are becoming too close lately? It's like they're doing everything together.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:22 am

I honestly can't think Yuna really intends to seriously continue competitive FS...I really don't know much about Oppegard except for what's been written about his past career, but him a coach for Yuna at this point??? You'd think an OGM winner could've found somebody a bit more...whatever! Rolling Eyes

There's been a lot of articles in Japanese concerning her new coach, and some have quoted the things she said in her press-conference. What I felt the most from reading them was that Yuna didn't seem to have much enthusiasm to achieve new stuff or polish her skills under this new coach. So I kind of think she still hasn't gotten back her motivation for competing yet.

It seems that the ticket sales weren't so good for her LA show, so maybe she felt she had to go on competing to achieve more popularity, or the Korean fed wants her to enter Worlds no matter what...I think deep down she really wants a longer time off. She's got to be pretty exhausted by now...Olys, Worlds, Orser breakup, moving to LA, her first big show in the US...I personally think it would be better for her to take the whole season off like Joannie.Neutral

And concerning Shae-Lynn not doing her choreo after all...I can't help suspecting that maybe Shae-Lynn decided not to take the job. After all, she seems to be close to Orser so there might be complications there. I do think as a skater, Yuna should try new choreographers whether she's going to compete or not. She been saying she wants to try different types of pros and play different characters on the ice. I think Wilson is very talented, and he probabaly can create all sorts of pros, but his pros never encourages her to aim for higher skills that much. So unless this Oppegard coach is into highering her techs, with Wilson's pros again, her skating will probably look different only on the surface again as usual. But hey, what do I care? Yuna is to me, more of an entertainer than an athlete. I'm no fan of hers so as long as her performances are fun to watch...fine! Laugh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Yu-na is a great skater, the best of her skate are her jumps, really well excecuted.

The other good thing about her skating, is that She, her Mum or someone else, knows how to sell her image. It's very clear when you look at her costumes, make up, and coreography.

Personally, I believe that 50% percent of her success is thanks to coreography, plenty of details, sexys moves and poses, etc. When I watch her skating I imagine her repeating again and again an again each move, pose, look, expresion face, etc. on practice, under Wilson´s directions. Maybe for that reason I can't connect with her skate (I don't feel that feeling that I feel when I watch to Mao, Sasha or Oksana over the ice).

So make me sense that She decided to retain to Wilson, He knows how to sell her programes, 007 medley for example...

By the way, good luck to Yu-na with her new coah and programs Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:20 pm

aoi88 wrote:
klarification wrote:
roma wrote:

ITA. I feel Wilson is overrated. He's good but he doesn't beat Lori at her prime. I especially don't like how he tends to chose generic music for a lot of his programs. I think the one who did her Tango Roxanne SP was a better choreographer. Is it just me or do anyone else feel Yuna and MK are becoming too close lately? It's like they're doing everything together.

I don't know if they are becoming too close, as in something negative is going to come out of it, but I definitely think that they have become very close. It does bother me a bit though: Michelle was my first favorite skater when I started watching figure skating, and she was number one for me for a long time. She will always be one of the top skaters on my all time favorites list. Now Mao is my favorite skater (current, and all time), and Michelle has taken a big interest in Mao's rival...
Michelle went from being Yuna's idol to her mentor, then her friend, and now it seems that she has kind of become intertwined in her life, and career. Anyone else think Kwan is still queen (if you get what I mean Wink)? lol

David Wilson and Yuna definitely were successful together, but she hasn't used any other choreographers for a long time, except for a couple Ex programs. Most skaters don't use one choreographer quite so exclusively. She obviously likes him a lot, so she should still use him, but not for every program. Maybe just one per season. She says she wants to grow as a skater. Using different choreographers would definitely help.

Last edited by Star85 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to reword something)
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Star85 wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
klarification wrote:
roma wrote:

I don't know if they are becoming too close, as in something negative is going to come out of it, but I definitely think that they have become very close. It does bother me a bit though: Michelle was my first favorite skater when I started watching figure skating, and she was number one for me for a long time. She will always be one of the top skaters on my all time favorites list. Now Mao is my favorite skater (current, and all time), and Michelle has taken a big interest in Mao's rival...
Michelle went from being Yuna's idol to her mentor, then her friend, and now it seems that she has kind of become intertwined in her life, and career. Anyone else think Kwan is still queen in a way? lol

I feel the same since I am a big fan of Michelle too. I guess it's natural that they have become quite close since she's her idol and they have been doing shows together. But I feel Yuna idolizes MK too much. I heard she modeled her dress for Lark Ascending after MK's lyra angelica dress. And obviously her Schezernade is a tribute to Michelle's version. Yuna's a great skater but she's no Michelle. It's quite noticeable when you see them skating together that MK is really on another level.
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:00 am

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:10 am

Mirai wrote:
Congrats to Yu-Na for being Sportswoman of the Year! cheers

http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010/10/yu-na-kim-wins-sportswoman-of-the-year.html
Yuna looked like a Goddess there,love her dress! I wanted to share with you some great Yuna pics which she posted on her blog.
Yu Na News - Page 20 511005297466eb32f35fb

Yu Na News - Page 20 5109453885b291b5a0f4z

Yu Na News - Page 20 51100534324a451b51b7

Yu Na News - Page 20 51094538217e393872b8

Looking at the last one some fans thought about Yuna as Esmeralda in the new short program. I think this will be great! Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 am

I saw this at Yu-na's forums and I'm so happy that she looks like she's enjoying herself!

The Hunchback of Notre Dame rumors just make me go LOL. Who knows? I think Yu-na can make it a great program!
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 9:03 am

I like Yuna- Currently She and Mirai are my favourite ladies skaters behind Mao. But I agree with this sentence:

Ken Himura wrote:

Personally, I believe that 50% percent of her success is thanks to coreography, plenty of details, sexys moves and poses, etc. When I watch her skating I imagine her repeating again and again an again each move, pose, look, expresion face, etc. on practice, under Wilson´s directions. Maybe for that reason I can't connect with her skate (I don't feel that feeling that I feel when I watch to Mao, Sasha or Oksana over the ice).

I really love Yuna's programs from 2006/2007 season. She was pure talent, and she didn't need sexy poses to buy the audience. Now she's too commercial for me, however I still like watching some of her programs. But J. Bond medley isn't my taste at all.

Byt the way I still have some doubts about level for step sequence for Tango de Roxanne at Worlds. She got level 3 but I think she deserved to get level 4. So far only (am I wrong?) Carolina Kostner got level 4 but Yuna should have got it too?

I have also doubts about Mao's "Bells of Moscow". Did she deserve level 4 for step sequence? I think she did.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 11:03 pm

polosatik wrote:
Mirai wrote:
Congrats to Yu-Na for being Sportswoman of the Year! cheers

http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010/10/yu-na-kim-wins-sportswoman-of-the-year.html
Yuna looked like a Goddess there,love her dress! I wanted to share with you some great Yuna pics which she posted on her blog.

Looking at the last one some fans thought about Yuna as Esmeralda in the new short program. I think this will be great! Too sweet!

Yes she did! I haven't been on YNKF in a while but i did see these via the facebook page Smile

Despite the fact that Yuna's not doing much competition this season, i am so happy to see her just enjoying life without the media, she looked really happy in the pictures she was in from halloween
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:50 am

Figure_skating_love wrote:

Despite the fact that Yuna's not doing much competition this season, i am so happy to see her just enjoying life without the media, she looked really happy in the pictures she was in from halloween

Yeah, Yuna seems happier than ever these days. She made a good decision in taking a break for a season (except for Worlds) and moving on from that Orser fiasco. Hopefully when she returns back to competitive form she won't be hounded too much by the media.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:13 pm

klarification wrote:
Figure_skating_love wrote:

Yeah, Yuna seems happier than ever these days. She made a good decision in taking a break for a season (except for Worlds) and moving on from that Orser fiasco. Hopefully when she returns back to competitive form she won't be hounded too much by the media.
I love seeing Yuna so shiny. Finally she really enjoys her life far from the media! Yuna deserves this, I love the pumpkin she made for Halloween!

Yu Na News - Page 20 185990258

Yuna's expression is so cute! Love
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:41 pm

I saw that pic in Yuna's forum! Smile

Don't you think her pumpkin looks really unique when compared to others? Personally, I think it's the eyes. They remind me of Yuna's eye makeup in her Bond program.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:12 pm

klarification wrote:

Don't you think her pumpkin looks really unique when compared to others? Personally, I think it's the eyes. They remind me of Yuna's eye makeup in her Bond program.
For me it looks like Danse macabre ending pose.
Yu Na News - Page 20 Actkimyunagpf11of0 Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
i♥MAO

i♥MAO

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:10 am

polosatik wrote:
klarification wrote:

For me it looks like Danse macabre ending pose.
Yu Na News - Page 20 Actkimyunagpf11of0 Too sweet!

i agree! Woot!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:42 pm

lol it looks exactly like the pose Smile awesome, although i'm not sure she was conciously going for that
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Yu-Na's music announced! http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=503147.html

SP: Giselle
LP: Arirang
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:51 am

SP to Giselle? That's very interesting news flower Mao will be ballerina in ex program, Yuna will be ballerina in SP Wink BTW I thought Yuna wanted to skater her short program to Tango, I'm not sure but I think she said it in one interview Question
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:51 am

Very surprising and challenging choice from Yuna!!!! sunny Great job team Yuna!!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:04 am

This is good news. I must admit, I've never really thought of Yuna being... balletic, but we'll see, we'll see. Anyway, I can't wait to see her programs! And kudos to her for not falling to the tango/latin mix this season!
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:58 am

One year ago during ex gala (in Vancouver or Turin, I don't remember which one) one commentator said that if Yuna wasn't a figure skater she could be a ballerina because she was moving so lightly to "Meditation of Thais". Who could expect she would be a ballerina one year later? Wink

I know that comparing ex program to SP is a bit unfair but I'm curious who will be better ballerina- Mao or Yuna? Mao raised standard really high with her performance Wub
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:47 am

europeanfan wrote:
One year ago during ex gala (in Vancouver or Turin, I don't remember which one) one commentator said that if Yuna wasn't a figure skater she could be a ballerina because she was moving so lightly to "Meditation of Thais". Who could expect she would be a ballerina one year later? Wink

I know that comparing ex program to SP is a bit unfair but I'm curious who will be better ballerina- Mao or Yuna? Mao raised standard really high with her performance Wub

Definitely Mao. IMO. Her lines and posture are the best out of the current ladies. Giselle is definitely an interesting choice for Yuna since I never saw her as being balletic. Her strengths lie in her effortless speed and power. But perhaps her new coach is working on little stuff such as pointing her toes, etc. But then again Wilson is doing the choreography, so I'm not sure if it'll be that much of a departure, since his works tend to look the same. Hopefully, this character-drive program turns out better than Miss Saigon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next