Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Yu Na News - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:43 am

http://www.lev-nrw.org/lev2008/docs/event/1189/index.htm You can watch protocols here. Well all her jumps ,marked fine, but as I guessed earlier her levels are all 3. Anyway congrats with great come back Yuna!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
kitty

kitty

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:47 am

ballerinamao wrote:
well this felt like a was watching yunas previous programs with different music, I also don't get the PCS sorry, but it's good to see her with her old combo back! she seriously should change choreographer he is obviously out of ideas!
exactly! I lost my interest half way and barely finished watching it. What kind of kiss of vampire is it?? Suspect
There are rumours that she will include a 3Lo in her FS too. Looking forward to seeing Yu-Na bringing it back too. Surprised
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:00 am

I just realized she got higher PCS here than the Olympics. affraid And she showed nowhere near the energy she displayed in Vancouver. But I guess it's because it's a B-level competition.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:01 am

polosatik wrote:
http://www.lev-nrw.org/lev2008/docs/event/1189/index.htm You can watch protocols here. Well all her jumps ,marked fine, but as I guessed earlier her levels are all 3. Anyway congrats with great come back Yuna!!!! sunny

Well now I'm embarrassed! I thought her 2A was underrotated. And wow huge TES! 37.42? Quite deserved, especially considering her clean jumps and technical content. Can't say much for PCS though... I am waiting for a clearer video because like I said, her SP isn't my cup of tea!
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:06 am

klarification wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Well now I'm embarrassed! I thought her 2A was underrotated. And wow huge TES! 37.42? Quite deserved, especially considering her clean jumps and technical content. Can't say much for PCS though... I am waiting for a clearer video because like I said, her SP isn't my cup of tea!

one judge gave her a -1 on the 2a while another +3..woah the differance XD
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:08 am

aoi88 wrote:

I just realized she got higher PCS here than the Olympics. affraid And she showed nowhere near the energy she displayed in Vancouver. But I guess it's because it's a B-level competition.

Yep, though at worlds, I expect her PCS will be 32.5, 33 at the most, that is if she skates clean.

Too bad Mao isn't competing at B international, it would be interesting to see how high she'd score.
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 am

kenkyo wrote:
klarification wrote:
polosatik wrote:

one judge gave her a -1 on the 2a while another +3..woah the differance XD
That 2A definitely should get a negative GOE...weak landing...
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:15 am

I did not know that B competitions gives higher score. Does that also works for Yuna?

Anyway, congrats to her ! she looked stress free .
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:22 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Program aside, with her jumps and basics, she is going to be hard to beat come Worlds and probably Olympics, if others don't upgrade their difficulty.

This is why I can't wait until worlds! cheers She'll be skating with pressure there, the whole country expecting her to win Yep, Sadly so it will be interesting to see how she'll cope with it and other skaters. She tends to skate great in SP and makes mistakes in the LP.

But yeah, others will have to watch out. Maybe it will be like in old days, when Mao and Yuna motivated/pushed each other.

I really miss this period from 2006-2008 where they were neck and neck at competitions. It brought excitement and was good for the sport. I hope Mao will be motivated more but with technique, the sad thing is that sometimes motivation is not enough. Mao is trying very hard but I'm not sure if she could get back to her peak in terms of jumping. Her jumps still looked iffy and lacked height at GPF. The good thing is she displayed more power and confidence. Most likely TAT's presence and her mom's memory provided more motivation for her to do better. Anyways, if it isn't Mao, I hope at least someone steps up to challenge Kim in Sochi to make it more exciting.

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:37 am

I'm sure Mao will gladly take the challenge, I just don't get why kim decides to participate in two competition where there is no competition for her namely a B-competition and korean nationals!

but this competition sure was stress free for her!

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:42 am

ballerinamao wrote:
I'm sure Mao will gladly take the challenge, I just don't get why kim decides to participate in two competition where there is no competition for her namely a B-competition and korean nationals!

Because she needs the minimum SP and LP score to qualify for worlds and/or 4CC. Why she chose to do nationals, I've no idea.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:54 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Because she needs the minimum SP and LP score to qualify for worlds and/or 4CC. Why she chose to do nationals, I've no idea.

I think it was smart of her to compete in B competition. You don't get stressed, you get high score and appeal to the judges that you're on Top form.

I don't mind Kim winning but I mind the way she reacts during the 6min practise. She sort of cuts other skaters way as if she's saying 'move please'. It's just my impression.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:20 am

ddmm wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

I think it was smart of her to compete in B competition. You don't get stressed, you get high score and appeal to the judges that you're on Top form.

I don't mind Kim winning but I mind the way she reacts during the 6min practise. She sort of cuts other skaters way as if she's saying 'move please'. It's just my impression.

I hope we won't get another "they were obstructing me in the warm up" when she returns.
She has to do 1 B international, i doubt she'd do it if she didn't have to.
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:21 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ddmm wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

I hope we won't get another "they were obstructing me in the warm up" when she returns.

I was just about to mention that lool
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:31 am

Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:13 am

I had a weird feeling that even here, she did not seem to enjoy herself...:/
Her body language says so much at times that its difficult to ignore and appreciate the beauty of her skating.
Just when the program ends - She throws her hands as if 'job done'...
Ther is no joy - She used to show so much joy and love for what she was doing few years ago - Now all that seems gone. Sad

Or maybe she felt that the B competition did not deserve her...
Either way her jumps were insane! She gave away more marks with those lackluster spins - But her execution is excellent!
I do share the same feeling that the magic of her usual SP is gone - This felt like a 'hand-me-down' version of Gisele - (the whole self stabbin n stuff in the steps were all from Gisele)...

I am still very excited about her FP!
Seriously - It would be something to see her (or just anyone) to skate on Les Miz!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:30 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
I had a weird feeling that even here, she did not seem to enjoy herself...:/
Her body language says so much at times that its difficult to ignore and appreciate the beauty of her skating.
Just when the program ends - She throws her hands as if 'job done'...
Ther is no joy - She used to show so much joy and love for what she was doing few years ago - Now all that seems gone. Sad

Or maybe she felt that the B competition did not deserve her...
Either way her jumps were insane! She gave away more marks with those lackluster spins - But her execution is excellent!
I do share the same feeling that the magic of her usual SP is gone - This felt like a 'hand-me-down' version of Gisele - (the whole self stabbin n stuff in the steps were all from Gisele)...

I am still very excited about her FP!
Seriously - It would be something to see her (or just anyone) to skate on Les Miz!

This is just my opinion, but maybe she doesn't want to come back, but has to. She wants to be an IOC ambassador (or something like this I can't remember the exact position), but if she wants to be elected she needs to compete at the 2014 olympics. Those of you who are in the know, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:10 pm

hmm. i really don't like the vampire program, but i actually expected me to not like it just from the music choice and knowing david wilson would choreograph it. it's so underwhelming and it's just recycled material all over again. i never thought i would say this, but i didn't really "get" the program (especially since yu-na has this very direct style that leaves no questions... until now). now, i love the abstract style and i love it when programs are puzzling but i don't think that the program was supposed to be abstract at all. where's this kiss? where's the vampire?

i don't like the direction yu-na is going. there's absolutely no joy in what she's doing anymore. it looked like the she got that program choreographed overnight. No i'm thinking that if she uses a new choreographer, maybe she will find a new spark in her skating.

on to the positive. i think she handled herself quite well. the jumps were a bit wonky but no huge mess ups on jumps in the first competition after a long while is admirable and outstanding! i can't imagine the amount of pressure she has to handle right now and to perform at her level is very respectable. a great start for yu-na!

Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:55 pm

I was curious to watch her program, the music is so .... donīt know is the same all the time. Her jumps looks fine after all this time.

But what i wasnīt expecting was that lack of joy and attitude, i was so surprised when she finished and didnīt even finished the last pose. She was like rushing to go home and itīs like she doenīt want to skate, is someone forcing her to skate? if not, she must look her attitude because i found it even rude toward her fans who were there for her.

if she doesnīt want to do it, i think no one has the right to force her, she did enough for her country, her family and her skating career.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Guys, Yuna said in her interview that she focused only at her jumps cause she wanted to skate clean and she knows she wasn't at her best with artistic side, so she will work on it later. I think it's very difficult to maintain such difficulty and emotions ta the same time after a long break. sunny
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:14 pm

polosatik wrote:
Guys, Yuna said in her interview that she focused only at her jumps cause she wanted to skate clean and she knows she wasn't at her best with artistic side, so she will work on it later. I think it's very difficult to maintain such difficulty and emotions ta the same time after a long break. sunny

Yes, that's right. It's good news that her she still has her jumps after such a long break. I guess you could say that this is a successful comeback.

Reading everyone's comments, I am not at all surprised to see everyone thinking that this SP is quite... bland. Looking at the aesthetic value of this program plus its 'wow' factor, I still can't understand how it got a higher PCS than Yuna's Olympic SP. Like I said, it's just Giselle Part Two! If I turn off the music and just watch her skate, I can easily mistake her program as Giselle. Shocked I wish she would try other choreographers although that is unlikely to happen, given how close Yuna and David Wilson are. So far though, that's the only negative thing people reacted to. There were jumps issues that could be seen especially on replay, but on paper she seemed clean. Well, first competition so let's let it slide!

Also, I read in an interview that it was Yuna herself who wanted to compete, and that she wanted to be treated as just another Korean skater and not the Olympic champion. Based on the reception she received in Germany, that would be quite hard. Even the organizers there seemed to be pleasantly surprised that she came to compete. Razz I don't think anyone's forcing her. Maybe it's just because of Yuna's natural expression that she seemed indifferent? IDK.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:14 pm

It looks better in HD. Razz I don't really like the music or choreography. I was expecting some Gothic Romantic vibe from the title but it's simply dreary. Nonetheless, the ladies field is so weak right now that no one can catch her if she goes clean with her current content. The Russian girls go for the 3-3, but they aren't consistent and don't have the PCS yet. Kostner and Mao come closer in PCS department but are lacking in jumps. Well if Kostner can get a 3-3 combination, she might be able to challenge given that the judges rank her technique and skating skills on par with Kim's.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:18 pm

aoi88 wrote:
It looks better in HD. Razz I don't really like the music or choreography. I was expecting some Gothic Romantic vibe from the title but it's simply dreary. Nonetheless, the ladies field is so weak right now that no one can catch her if she goes clean with her current content. The Russian girls go for the 3-3, but they aren't consistent and don't have the PCS yet. Kostner and Mao come closer in PCS department but are lacking in jumps. Well if Kostner can get a 3-3 combination, she might be able to challenge given that the judges rank her technique and skating skills on par with Kim's.
I don't want to put pressure on Yuna, she came back and it's not like she has to break her records. I hope Mao and Ashley will increase their difficulty and with Yuna it will be super great Worlds! And I have doubts in Caro btw No
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:42 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Mao just landed 6 beautiful tripple jumps in her freeskate today while injured, three of them beeing in combination Laughing, so jumps isn't exactly what she is lacking, and i'm pretty sure that Mao is planning to include her 3A back as the season progresses, but I would like to see kim skate in a big competition and deliever, it really makes a big difference, when there is alot of pressure on a skater!

I hope yunas free skate program is more promising, cause right now i feel really dissapointed by her sp and by david! I too expected something more in the gothic direction, and what we got is like you described "dreary" there so many awkward moments where the music and choreography just didn't fit together!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next