Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Senior Grand Prix Final 2009

Go down 
+23
bibi
ddmm
tianrushui
illani
polosatik
josling
coconut
chineseteacup
MikiAndoFan#1
☆Genie
clovera
chapis
Liffey
inskate
supportmaoasada
coolmeia
Batsuchan
Star85
MaoMaoRevolution
kaarolcia
chiyori
cera
roma
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
gagul_love

Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:38 am

@maowataiyo

I said controlling your condition was one of the most important things, obviously keeping your game up through training/program/coaching/talent is all just as, if not more important.

I was simply responding to one of the claims above that they would feel more secure at seeing Yu-na's flawed performance, for being human. If anything it felt to me like one of the earlier comments made it sound like it was Yu-na's to lose :/

I probably shouldn't have said 'close to' Yu-na's, because Miki showed that she is very much capable of giving Yu-na a run for her money, but it is generally agreed upon that, within reasonable fans I think, that Yu-na has been skating one of the most consistently high scoring performances (barring the last few hiccups in this competition). I'm not saying Mao won't be close to Yu-nas, just that she is in need of more training/conditiong/whatever else she needs to get herself back to her usual top form (and I wish her luck doing that...hopefully you won't over-analyse and interpret this as condescending sarcasm of "good luck doing that"). Sorry if my choice of words offended you because I don't mean any offence.

But anyway, regardless of who's fault it was in that communication, hope there is no further misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
gagul_love

PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:02 pm

Btw, I came across this video and was wondering if it had any credibility. From what they say, apparently Yu-na's fully rotated 3-3 was downgraded while Ando's wasn't. Can't really trust those youtube people (who are mostly overzealous korean fans), so I was wondering if I could get a more informed opinion on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNplsDi7_R0
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 pm

gagul_love wrote:
Btw, I came across this video and was wondering if it had any credibility. From what they say, apparently Yu-na's fully rotated 3-3 was downgraded while Ando's wasn't. Can't really trust those youtube people (who are mostly overzealous korean fans), so I was wondering if I could get a more informed opinion on this.

They are just overreacting as usual because Yuna said something about the judging of her 3-3 in the interview. Rolling Eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWLYX59vKTQ
Back to top Go down
chocomilk

PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:48 pm

I have been in this forum for a long time, but registered today.
I want to share some information of Yu-na's interview.

In a recent press interview after the GPF, Yu-na complained about her 3-3 jump downgrade. “ In the kiss & cry zone, I can watch the slow motion screen, I carefully watched 3-3 jump(in SP), there was no problem at all. It was a ridiculous.” She also said, “I’ve experienced these kinds of prejudicial judgement, so I wasn’t upset but just annoyed. I am a kind of easy-going person, so I didn’t care a lot and just thought ‘it is going to start again!’ But my team was upset.”

She always complains about something in a Korean press such as the practice obstruction. I think it’s inappropriate as a top skater. She is not a judge. Even she feels something absurd or unfair, she should not say like that, especially on the press. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:15 pm

chocomilk wrote:

In a recent press interview after the GPF, Yu-na complained about her 3-3 jump downgrade. “ In the kiss & cry zone, I can watch the slow motion screen, I carefully watched 3-3 jump(in SP), there was no problem at all. It was a ridiculous.” She also said, “I’ve experienced these kinds of prejudicial judgement, so I wasn’t upset but just annoyed. I am a kind of easy-going person, so I didn’t care a lot and just thought ‘it is going to start again!’ But my team was upset.”

She always complains about something in a Korean press such as the practice obstruction. I think it’s inappropriate as a top skater. She is not a judge. Even she feels something absurd or unfair, she should not say like that, especially on the press. Rolling Eyes

Welcome to the forum! flower

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a link for the translation you're providing? You didn't link this to an interview, and as it's radically different from the tone and phrases I've read from around 15 articles about Yuna's GPF performance, I'm curious to see where it's from. Thanks for your help! Smile
Back to top Go down
chocomilk

PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Liffey wrote:
chocomilk wrote:

Welcome to the forum! flower

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a link for the translation you're providing? You didn't link this to an interview, and as it's radically different from the tone and phrases I've read from around 15 articles about Yuna's GPF performance, I'm curious to see where it's from. Thanks for your help! Smile

I can't find the same article that i read, because it was already a week ago.
also there are many similiar articles of this interview.
when I read the article, I captured only this part and saved.
Anyway, here are some articles about the jump downgrade.

http://news.joins.com/article/aid/2009/12/07/3561100.html?cloc=olink|article|default

http://news.donga.com/3//20091207/24622206/1
Back to top Go down
gagul_love

PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am

I can confirm that the passage quoted from chocomilk is what Yu-na said (not perfectly, but it's a decent translation) in the press linked by coconut in the previous page. I also don't deny that you can feel arrogance and sense of superiority coming from subtle nuances of her speech, but I guess that's just her being her usual self. I mean, she first says "there's nothing to say about that 3-3 call really, it was so obvious when you see it with your two eyes" (but then goes on and on to complain about it...).
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:58 am

gagul_love wrote:

From the clip you provided- the 2nd triple looks okay with me. But when I was watching on it live streaming it did look a bit iffy. The angle was different so it's difficult to tell. I've noticed in Yuna's 3 toe-loops that her pick always touches the ice in landings before her entire blade reaches it- so that's part of the reason it's ambiguous.

Liffey, this is the interview that chocomilk is referring to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWLYX59vKTQ

Interesting to note, Yuna watched in the kiss & cry thinking maybe...but felt it wasn't under rotated at all so she though it was okay. Felt disgusted.

The interviewer is suggestive in her questioning, but...I guess from Yuna's perspective also... At the end, she said there were people around, so she kept quiet. *Not really. Again, it's better for the federation to speak up for the skater & talk directly to ISU.

Yuna was overlooked at other times for under-rotations; other skaters have experienced questionable downgrades before- these unofficial huffing and puffing just makes her look immature & negative.
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:03 am

Thanks for the translations, guys! It was translated very differently on other boards, but if she did say it that way, she really needs to tone it down. Rolling Eyes The UR isn't the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Grand Prix Final 2009   Senior Grand Prix Final 2009 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senior Grand Prix Final 2009
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5