Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Magical World of Figure Skating

Go down 
+27
babayaga
cera
haruka25
shikure
skating_fanatic
MaoChan756
Abdiel
kitty
europeanfan
illani
zarinaballerina
ElleluvsL
ballerinamao
☆Genie
Batsuchan
chiyori
tianrushui
Spacey
bellarina
Star85
MaoMaoRevolution
MOACHANTHEBEST
kaarolcia
klarification
PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
Figure_skating_love
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:24 am

I know it's crazy, Mao too Smile Be careful about what you decide to write next time, things may come true Smile
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:51 am

babayaga wrote:
I know it's crazy, Mao too Smile Be careful about what you decide to write next time, things may come true Smile

Yeah... I was going to write something about Mao getting poisoned by Plushenko at nationals.... Eeep! Hm, maybe I will have to rethink my story scratch
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Sorry it me SO long to make this!! Hopefully you haven't all lost interest in the story by now. Still a couple more days till NHK, so hope this tides you over a little!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER SEVEN: NATIONALS

As expected, Mao turned back into a swan the very next day. Every professor at Hogwarts, and many of the best potion makers in the world worked vigorously to find a cure for Mao...

The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Lib46811
Dai: You've got to do it. It's been two weeks now. Time to buck up and stop being a coward.
Taka: They say they're close to finding a cure.
Dai: Who knows how long that will really be. Besides, you know what happens when a curse is broken in any other way other than the way it was meant to be broken. Mao might not be stuck as a swan any more, but she'll never be completely normal again. It's completely unpredictable. She may have... feathers growing out of her face the rest of her life for all we know.
Taka: I know... But I don't know if Mao really even loves me. I would be humiliated if it didn't work. If she did really love me, then what was all that business with Jeffrey about? She should have known we were searching for her.
Dai: Think about it: Mao was stuck under some horrible curse, living as Plushenko's prisoner for months. Then one day, a nice, rich, handsome prince comes along and wants to save her. If you were Mao, would you wait around for who knows how long for some guy who had been a total prick lately, and never even gave you a good reason to believe he was even interested in you? Or would you be willing to give the prince a chance to save you? He obviously was NOT the one. You need to get past the whole Jeffrey thing.
Taka: Yeah, I guess you're right Embarassed .... You know what? I bet Mao is freaking out inside about all the training and competing she's missing out on even more than the fact she is stuck inside an swan's body. Yep!
Dai: You're probably right Laugh . What do you wanna bet she will be skating the very next day after the spell is broken?

Taka called for a press conference the very next day....

The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Aflo-j10
Taka: Hello everyone. I've called you all here because I have something very important I need to say....... I Embarassed ...... Love Mao Asada! Love

Just then, Mao transformed into her human body. She ran to Taka, threw her arms around him, and they kissed.

Mao: Oh, Takahiko! I love you too! I always have Wub . You did it! You broke the curse! Thank you, thank you!! I know this wasn't easy for you to do.
They kissed again. This was a very happy, joyous night, full of celebration Confetti . Mao was back on the ice the very next day. Taka owed Dai $20 Bribe
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Tumblr10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commentator #1: Welcome to the Japanese figure skating national championships ladies short program. I think it is safe to say that this will be the most exciting national championship ever. Not only is it Olympic season, but Japan's sweetheart, Mao Asada has resurfaced from that mysterious, unexpected season long absence, and come back stronger than ever. She has dominated this season, sweeping every competition, including the GPF. To add furthermore to the excitement of this competition, we've had some pleasantly shocking news in the past few weeks which we do have an update on. But first, if you have been wondering just what happened to Mao last season in all that time we heard so little news on her, take a look at this exclusive:

Fluff piece:
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Maoasa12
Mao: Last season, aside from my mother's death, was the most difficult time of my life. I can not really discuss just what it was I was going through, but I did want to be competing. I just couldn't though. It was not my choice. I continued to train hard. I wanted to be ready for competition again. I apologize to all my fans for my absence last season, and for worrying them. I understand there was very little updates on my skating, and overall well being. That was not my choice either.

Last season I was going to skate to Reverie by Debussy for my short program, which is very beautiful, light, and relaxing. And for my long program, I was going to skate to Sleeping Beauty, which is very happy and fun. After what I went through this past year, these pieces just didn't feel appropriate for me right now. I wanted something more dramatic and... not something too happy, light, or too pretty. I can't talk about what I went through, so I would at least like to express it through my skating.
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Tumblr12
Coach Sato was not too happy with me that I wanted to change not just one, but both programs. A lot of work went into them, and we hate for them go unused. I would like to use them in the future perhaps, but I just can't right now. So he made a deal with me: he said I could change one program, but I must use one of those two programs, or one from a previous season.

I have already re-used a couple of my programs. I wanted to bring back a great one I hadn't already re-used. The one I chose was one of my most successful, most well received programs ever. It was a good choice bringing it back I think. The program has been very successful again, and my fans have been very happy about my choice.

For my long program, I couldn't have chosen better music to reflect what I went though in the past year. I was the Swan queen - well I mean, I felt like I was the swan queen. I have so much in common with this story. I wanted to be free. Be free to live my life as I please. Free to compete. Free to love. I felt like a prisoner. I feel like Swan Lake was practically written for me, and my story. I had to use it. The program has been a big success, and I am very happy with it. I think I have two great, winning programs that are perfect for the Olympics.

The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Tumblr13

Commentator #2: Well we think these are certainly two great programs as well, and Mao has a very good chance of winning gold at the Olympics. We will have more on her later.
Commentator #1: But for now, onto that surprising recent news. The skating world was in a frenzy two weeks ago when the roster was announced for this competition. Kanako Murakami, another skater who had been mysteriously absent with little word for a year and a half was on the list!
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Muraka11
Commentator #2: And even more shocking, another skater who had absent for over a year was on the roster: 2006 Olympic champion Shizuka Arakawa!
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Shizuk10
Arakawa has been retired since 2006, so this is very unprecedented. She would normally have to go through preliminary competitions to be here, but loopholes were found. She tested, and passed with flying colors.
Commentator #1: Word has it that both skaters are here without a coach. This is very, very peculiar, and only adds to this mysterious situation.

Backstage, Mao was very nervous. She was not very nervous about the competition, but because of what she feared Plushenko might be up to.

Mao: Coach Sato, I just saw Kanako. She wouldn't even look at me. She just looked down at the ground, looking very sad and stern. I'm really worried about what's going on here. Plushenko is definitely up to something.
Sato: You have to let security do their job. They have gone to great lengths to make this competition safe. Plus, you have body guards. I know it's hard not to worry about it, but there's no sense in worrying about something that's out of your control. So try not to. You have to try and just think about your skating right now, and nothing else.

Both Kanako and Shizuka were in Mao's group. She was surprised at how spot on they both looked. She kept scanning the stands, on the look out for Plushenko.
When warm up was over, Mao went backstage and had a panic attack. Coach Sato gave her some magical calming tea for her nerves.
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Magict10

Before long, it was Maos, turn. The music for Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra started, and Mao had gorgeous, clean program. Afterward, she went to the kiss and cry and awaited her scores while the little girls and boys gathered all her gifts from the rink. Just before her scores were announced she was handed a bouquet of red flowers.
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 10294710
Mao: These are cute flowers. I don't recognize what kind they are.

Coach Sato hadn't really noticed the bouquet specifically out of all of Mao's gifts, but after she commented on it, he looked down at the bouquet in reaction to her remark. It took him a moment to recognize what they were while Mao leaned into the flowers to smell them.

Sato: Mao no! Those are poppies! Yikes!!!

But he couldn't get the words out fast enough. She immediately felt light headed. As her record breaking scores were being announced, she passed out right there in the kiss and cry.

To be continued.........................................................

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I intended on making this the last chapter, but it just got too long! Hopefully I will be able to wrap it up in the next one!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:02 pm

I love your story, Star85! Thanks so much Smile Can't wait to see how it ends Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 2:59 am

Great chapter, Star85! (Oh, my shipper heart...) Razz The poppies making her faint reminds me of another Wizard story. Wink My favorite line was the one about Taka owing Dai $20. Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 pm

illani wrote:
Great chapter, Star85! (Oh, my shipper heart...) Razz The poppies making her faint reminds me of another Wizard story. Wink My favorite line was the one about Taka owing Dai $20. Too sweet!

Yes I got that from Wizard of Oz Smile. I think we will be going there in the next chapter!
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Cheering Star85!!! I can't believe I only found this story today! flower
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:34 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:

Glad you like it Smile. When I first started the story back on page... 4, I didn't plan on it being so long, but oh well. I've enjoyed creating it. I got the idea from a pic story I did like this a back a couple years ago when we had a notorious troll plaguing the forum. That's on page one if you're interested (only one chapter!).
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Star85 wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:

Glad you like it Smile. When I first started the story back on page... 4, I didn't plan on it being so long, but oh well. I've enjoyed creating it. I got the idea from a pic story I did like this a back a couple years ago when we had a notorious troll plaguing the forum. That's on page one if you're interested (only one chapter!).

flower I read the whole thread and loved all the stories flower (I also came up with 1) I don't know why I never read this thread (probably because I thought it was about Dick Button for some reason Question)
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
Star85 wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:

flower I read the whole thread and loved all the stories flower (I also came up with 1) I don't know why I never read this thread (probably because I thought it was about Dick Button for some reason Question)

The Magical World of Figure Skating = Dick Button ROTFLMAO Laugh. Sorry, I'm not laughing at you, but that just made me laugh.

Are you going to post your story?
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:50 am

Star85 wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:
Star85 wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:

The Magical World of Figure Skating = Dick Button ROTFLMAO Laugh. Sorry, I'm not laughing at you, but that just made me laugh.

Are you going to post your story?

Do you want me to?

Also, what was the troll like?
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes!

The troll? Oh God, I've never seen a troll that bad before. He loved Yuna and hated Mao. He made posts on a daily basis for at least a couple weeks. He/she finally went away, then came back under a different name for a little while longer if I remember correctly. Then it FINALLY went away. We figured when we tried to argue with the troll, it actually thrived on it, so we had to ignore him. That was hard to do! I think that's what finally got rid of it though.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Star85 wrote:
Yes!

The troll? Oh God, I've never seen a troll that bad before. He loved Yuna and hated Mao. He made posts on a daily basis for at least a couple weeks. He/she finally went away, then came back under a different name for a little while longer if I remember correctly. Then it FINALLY went away. We figured when we tried to argue with the troll, it actually thrived on it, so we had to ignore him. That was hard to do! I think that's what finally got rid of it though.

Very Mad Of course... the type of troll who makes both Yuna and Mao look bad... affraid
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:51 pm

heheehe I don't know why I am here, I clearly don't ship
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 3gQpi
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 pm

I realize I am taking a long time to come out with new chapters. Hopefully, you haven't all lost interest. However, even if you haven't been following this story, you should be able to keep up with this chapter fairly easily. Gosh, I've been chipping away at this chapter off and on for two months! It got a bit long. You might want to curl up with a cup of coco for this one. I try to leave out a lot of detail so the chapters don't get too long, but seems like with every chapter it gets harder and harder for me to not want to get more and more detailed. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER EIGHT: THE DREAM
Mao woke up in a winter wonderland. She was in the middle of a light blue ice rink, surrounded by cute, miniatue houses. At one edge of the rink, the ice narrowed and continued on to a become a long pathway. This was more than just a rink. It was a culdesac.

Mao: … I don't think we're in Japan anymore Aero.
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Miniat10
The next moment, the children who were gathering gifts from the rink at the competition came out from the bushes and houses and started skating all around Mao.
http://fskating.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Mao-Asada-in-a-charity-show-300x201.jpg
Girls & Boys: Follow the blue ice road!
Mao: Follow the blue ice road?
Girls & Boys: Follow the blue ice road! Follow the blue ice road!

Just then, a beautiful orb of pink light floated toward the rink. As it approached Mao, it got bigger and bigger, then began to fade. As it faded, a woman came into focus in it's place. Mao recognized this woman at once. It was her former coach, Tatiana Tarasova.

Mao: Oh Tatiana! I'm so glad to see you!
Tat: Hello my darling Mao. I am your fairy godcoach. Plushenko has put you under a powerful sleeping curse. They are working hard to wake you up, but this is an extraordinarily strong curse. They need your help. You must fight for this too.
Mao: What do I have to do?
Tat: Follow the blue ice road. In about a quarter mile, you will come to a crossroads. Go to the left, you go to Wonderland; go down the middle, you go to the Labyrinth; and go to the right, you go to Oz. Each path contains a different, yet equally as difficult quest, which should you succeed, you will wake up. I know you can do it Mao! Good luck.

So Mao did as Tat instructed, and followed the blue ice road. Sure enough, she soon came to the crossroads.

Mao: Well Aero, which way do you think we should go?
Snowman: Well some folks go right. Some folks go left. I personally wouldn't go left. Not unless you want to lose your head that is.

Startled, Mao turned to face the snowman in the corner of the field next to the crossroads.

Mao: Oh, you scared me! I've never seen a talking snowman before!
Snowman: Yeah, most people haven't.
Mao: Do you know which way is the best way to go?
Snowman: Well I would go right myself – to Oz. That's where the wizard is. See, I'd give anything to be real man. When the weather warms up, I fear I'm going to melt away and be gone forever. He's the only one I know of who has the power to turn me into a man. Well, except maybe Evgeni Plushenko, the Goblin King. He lives in the castle in the center of the labyrinth. I think he'd be more likely to turn me into a goblin though. At best. I hear he's a cruel king.
Mao: Oh that's horrible! Why have you never tried to go to the wizard yet then?
Snowman: Well you see, I'm stuck here. I'm all fenced in. My arms won't support all my weight if I were to try to climb over the fence. Plus I have no legs to climb with either. There is a gate, but I have no fingers... I can't get the latch open. Would you be so kind as to help me?
Mao: Why, of course.
Snowman: Oh thank you, thank you! You don't know how much this means to me.

Mao opened the gate and the snowman scooted out

Mao: Mr. Snowman, I have something I'd give anything for too: To wake up from this dream!
Snowman: Huh??
Mao: Well how do I put this? I'd give anything... to go home. Whichever of these roads I choose to go down, I have a different, yet equally as difficult quest ahead of me. I certainly don't want to lose my head, and I definitely don't want to deal with Plushenko. Finding this wizard definitely sounds like the best option. Let's go find the wizard together.
Snowman: Sounds like a good plan to me! We're off to see the wizard!

A couple hours later, they came to a little metal shack.

Mao: I'm so hungry. I'm going to see if whoever lives here would be willing to give me some food.

Mao knocked on the door and a man with a skating medal for a body answered. He was more than obliged to help Mao, and invited her inside. The Snowman couldn't fit through the door, so he had wait outside.

Medal Man: Have a seat. I'll be right back with some food and water for you. I'm the Medal Man by the way. Pleased to meet you.

Mao couldn't help but notice that every inch of the walls were covered with figure skating medals. There was every type of medals ranging from novice Chinese regionals to German Sr. nationals to Worlds. These medals all appeared to be for future competitions which had not happened yet. Her eyes scanned the room for the most special set of medals. It didn't take her long, for they were the biggest, most unique ones. She walked over to them for a better look, and slowly reached out to grab the gold one.

Medal Man: Sochi.

The Medal Man was back much sooner than Mao had expected. Afraid he would be angry with her, she quickly pulled her hand away before touching it the medal. He set down a sandwich and a glass of water on the table.

Medal Man: That gold medal is the most precious medal in this whole place. I made all these medals. That's what I do. I make every medal for every figure skating competition in the world.
Mao: Wow, what a unique job.
Medal Man: I've been so tired of just making all these medals for so long. What I really long for is to be a figure skater myself. You say you're going to see the wizard. Would you mind if I came with you?
Mao: Of course not. We'd be happy to have along for the journey.

So Mao finished her meal, and the three went off to see the wizard. A few miles down the road, they came to a forest, and heard a growling noise coming from the the woods.

Mao: What was that?! affraid

With a loud roar, a big snow leopard jumped onto the road, directly in front of the threesome.

Leopard: I am the king of the forest! No one gets past me - not without defeating me - and no one defeats me!
Snowman: If you please your highness, we don't want any trouble. We're on our way to see the wizard. We won't stray from the blue ice road. You won't even know we were here.
Leopard: The wizard you say?
Medal Man: Yes. We each want something desperately. I want to be a figure skater, Snowman wants to be a real man, and Mao wants to go home. The wizard is the only one who can make these things happen for us. He can do anything.
Mao: Perhaps there is something you want more than anything too? You're welcome to come with us. Then the wizard can help you too. He is expecting us though. You will not gain an audience with him without us.

Of course, that last part was a lie, but it worked.

Leopard: He can give me anything I want?
Snowman: Oh yes!
Leopard: Well then, in that case I think I will join you. I'm in love with someone who does not love me. I'd give anything to have her.

So the Leopard joined the three on their journey to Oz. He was actually a big softy once they got to know him. It occurred to them that the Leopard was probably all talk, and never would have hurt them.

They finally reached the Crystal City that night. It was all lit up, and it was the most beautiful city Mao had ever seen.
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Harbin-Ice-Festival-Ice-Town-2

Snowman: This is it! The Chrystal City! That castle there is where the wizard lives.
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Harbin-Ice-Festival-Ice-Castle

When they reached the gate, the guard was not willing to let them in at first. However, after Mao told him her sob story and started to cry, he broke down and, let them inside. Once inside, a big, booming, angry voice echoed from the blue, holographic face of a grouchy old man.
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 C8fd539c-f601-4156-8293-c8466e923539_zps8220e4e6
Wizard: I am the all powerful wizard of Oz! Who goes there?!
Mao: I, Mao Asada, and the Snowman, the Medal Man, and the Snow Leapard. Please Mr. Wizard, we need your help desperately.
Wizard: I will give you anything you desire, but you must do something for me first: Bring me the wand of Plushenko.
Mao: But that's suicide! He would never give me his wand. Not unless I... I killed him. Please Mr. Wizard, I don't even have my own wand. I'd have no chance. It'll be impossible!
Wizard: Get me that wand! That will be all.

The guard showed them out. They were exhausted after their long day, and found a hotel in the city to stay in for the night. Mao couldn't fall asleep. She lied awake thinking, worrying, and sobbing. Then she saw hope in the form of a little pink orb of light outside her window.
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Pinkor11
She opened it, the orb flew inside, and turned into Tat.

Mao: Oh Tatiana, am I ever glad to see you!
Tat: Mao, they are doing all they can in the real world to break this curse, but it's the strongest one of its kind they've ever seen. I'm afraid you're going to have to fight even harder to wake up.
Mao: I found the wizard, and he won't help me unless I bring him Plushenko's wand.
Tat: Yes, I know my dear. I know how hard and terrifying this task sounds, but you can do it. I wouldn't tell you could if I didn't know you could.
Mao: The Snowman told me Plushenko is the Goblin King, and he lives in the center of the labyrinth. How do I even get there from here?
Tat: When you exit the city, you can take the blue ice road back the way you came, or follow it south. You will want to go south. That will take you to the labyrinth. Once there, you must find your way through the labyrinth to Plushenko's castle in the center. Do not worry about not having wand. Magic – and many things for that matter - work differently in this world. You have all the magic you need inside of you to defeat him. You don't need any silly wand. He has no power over you. Not unless you give it to him.

So the next day, the four friends traveled south to the labyrinth.
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Labyrinth800X600-1
Leopard: Wowwww. It's enormous...
Mao: After all I've already been through, now this. It doesn't seem fair.
Plushenko: Life's not fair.

Frightened at the very sound of this familiar voice, Mao and the other three quickly turned around to see Plushenko standing behind them. He was standing next to a floating clock with 13 hours on it instead of 12.

Plushenko: I know why you're here. You think you can take my wand? Ha! I'll make a deal with you: You find your way through this labyrinth to my castle in 13 hours, and I will give you my wand. If you don't make it in time, you will all be stuck here in my labyrinth, and belong to me forever.

Plushenko grabbed Aero.

Plushenko: My what a cute little pup. If you don't make it through my labyrinth in time, I'm also going to keep him, and turn him into my little pet goblin.
Mao: NO!!!
Plushenko: Yes. That's part of the deal. Are you in? Or are you out?

Mao had to remind herself that this was all just a dream.

Mao: Fine. It doesn't look that far anyway.
Plushenko: It's further than you think. And the clock is ticking.

Plushenko disappeared into thin air with poor Aero in his arms. They wasted no time entering the labyrinth. They traveled through it for a few hours, not sure if they were even going in the right direction.

Medal Man: I suggest we split up. That way, we have four chances of making it to the center, instead of just one. If just one of us makes it, we can get Plushenko's wand.
Mao: That makes total sense. I agree.

So they split up. Mao traveled on her own for only a little while before she came upon a man sharpening a skate on a sharpening machine.

Mao: Nobu! I'm glad to see you! Do you know how to get to the center of the labyrinth?
Nobu: Oh, I'm sorry... do I know you?
Mao: Oh.... well I suppose maybe you don't. But I know who you are. I'm Mao.
Nobu: Oh. Well it's nice to meet you Mao. Yes, I do know how to get to the center. I can show you the way if you like.
Mao: Oh would you?! Oh thank you, thank you!

So the two traveled together for an hour or so. Then Plushenko appeared out of nowhere.

Plushenko: Oda! I see you've met Mao.
Nobu: Oh your majesty! What an unexpected surprise. Yes, I have met Mao.
Plushenko: You wouldn't be trying to help the girl to my castle now would you?
Nobu: Oh no your highness. I was just about to take her to a route that would take her back to the beginning, and then I was going to give the little lady the slip. Just like we talked about.
Mao: Nobu!
Plushenko: Really? It looks like you were trying to take her to the center. But you wouldn't be stupid enough to do that would you?
Nobu: Oh no! Of course not your highness!
Plushenko: Good. Because you know if you tried to help the girl I would chop off your head with my skate!
Nobu: I swear I wasn't helping her!
Plushenko: I think you'd better go back to your sharpening station.
Nobu: Yes your highness.
Mao: Nobu! You coward!

Plushenko flicked his wand and the floating clock appeared. He waved the wand at it, and the hands turned from 6:00 to 8:00.

Mao: But that's not fair!
Plushenko: You say that so often. I'm not a fool. Oda gave you a lot of help. I had to do something to even things back out again. Make them FAIR again. Or would you rather me make good on my threat to Oda, and decapitate him?
Mao: No! Of course not!
Plushenko: Better get a move on Mao. If you don't make it to my castle in time, what a pitty that would be.

Plushenko disappeared, and Mao trudged on. She finally made it to the castle. It was just as she remembered it back when she was Plushenko's prisoner. Well, except for the fact that it was surrounded by a labyrinth instead of a forest. There was a girl skating out on frozen pond in front of the castle. She spotted Mao and skated over to her.

Sasha: Mao, you made it! I'm the only one left here. Plushenko has released all the other girls, and Johnny.
Mao: Oh Sasha! They've been searching for Plushenko for months now. They haven't stopped. They will find you. I know they will.
Sasha: I hope so. It was bad enough being prisoner here before, but now I'm all alone.
Mao: I'm so sorry.
Sasha: But enough about me. Do you know what time it is?
Mao: No.
Sasha: It's 12:50.
Mao: Oh I've made it just in time then!
Sasha: Yes. Go Mao! Hurry!

Mao skated as fast as she could to the castle. When she entered it, there were staircases going every which way: right side up, upside down, sideways.... Mao spotted Aero way up on one of the staircases toward the celing.

Mao: Aero!! I'm coming!

Mao took off her skates and ran up a set of stairs. When she came to sideways and upside down stairs, she wasn't sure what to do. She discovered that gravity worked differently in this castle. When she stepped on an upside down staircase, her feet stayed planted. Same with sideways staircases. She began to get confused as to which was was up and which way was down. She had almost made her way to Aero, but then Plushenko appeared.

Plushenko: Well, well, well Mao. You've made it. I've brought you a gift.

Plushenko held up a chrystal ball.

Plushenko: Look into. It will show you your dreams. Or in your case, it will show you the opposite. It will show you the real world.

Mao looked into the chrystal ball, and saw Dai and Taka skating and laughing together.

Mao: I don't want it. I just want my dog, and your wand.

Mao reached out for Aero, and Plushenko pulled him away.

Plushenko: But wait! In this world, I can give you anything you desire. I can make you my queen. I can make you Olympic champion. I can grant your friends' wishes just as easily as the wizard of Oz if want. Why would you want to go back to that horrible, cruel world? See how happy your friends are without you? Stay here with me.
Mao: I can't. Can't you see that I can't? Give me your wand. A deal's a deal.
Plushenko: Not until you say the magic phrase.

Mao immediately thought back something Tat said to her in their conversation at the hotel just as the clock struck 13.

Mao: You have no power over me.

Plushenko suddenly looked shocked, and everything went dark. Next thing she knew, she woke up in a field of poppies just outside the Chrystal City. She looked next to her and there was Aero, just awakening as well. To the other side of her laid Plushenko's wand. And several feet from here was the Snowman, the Medal Man, and the Snow Leopard, all awaking too.

They all went back to see the wizard, and gave him Plushenko's wand. He granted all of Mao's friend's requests first, and then it was finally her turn.

Mao: Mr. Wizard, I just want to wake up from this dream.
Wizard: Done. Do a beilman spin, and repeat the words, “There's no place like home".

She said all her goodbyes to her friends. Then she did as the wizard instructed.

Mao: There's no place like home. There's no place like home.....

Everything started to get very blurry. Then it went completely dark.

To be continued.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you've all seen Wizard of Oz. Probably not all of you have seen Labyrinth. It's a cult classic, and one of my faves. I suggest you see it sometime.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 am

That a lovely chapter, star85! Thank you! flower
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Great chapter! Thanks for sharing! The flower girls as munchkins was very cute. It's been ages since I've seen Labyrinth, and reading this makes me want to watch it again. Plushenko makes an awesome goblin king—move over, David Bowie! Laugh Wink
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:35 pm

illani wrote:
Plushenko makes an awesome goblin king—move over, David Bowie! Laugh Wink

When you said it like that, it makes me want to wish I had the ability to convert star85's story into a full scale production on ice!! Plushy would surely rock it! Rockstar I'm already imaging the acts and choreography... maybe we should have Jeff, Tat, Morozov (I think his choreo could fit the Goblin King's part... just an idea Sweatdrop ), and Camerlengo... perhaps also Miyamoto and Tom Dickson?
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 am

Abdiel wrote:
illani wrote:
Plushenko makes an awesome goblin king—move over, David Bowie! Laugh Wink

When you said it like that, it makes me want to wish I had the ability to convert star85's story into a full scale production on ice!! Plushy would surely rock it! Rockstar I'm already imaging the acts and choreography... maybe we should have Jeff, Tat, Morozov (I think his choreo could fit the Goblin King's part... just an idea Sweatdrop ), and Camerlengo... perhaps also Miyamoto and Tom Dickson?

A couple years ago I actually played around with a photo manipulation of the Labyrinth movie poster. I took Sarah out of the chrystal ball and put Mao in. I wanted her totally cut out of the original pic, so you wouldn't see the ice rink, but I couldn't do it with the program I had. It just looked like crap. I also thought it would be cool to paste another skater in as the Goblin King. Plushenko was the obvious choice. That I couldn't do at all though. Not on the crappy free program I had to work with.

Anyway here's the pic. It's definitely nothing special! Very lame! lol. Some of you may remember it from when I posted it in the forum a couple years ago:
The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Mao7-1-2

Yes, that would be awesome to see Plush skate as the Goblin King! He would so be perfect for that part! Now you have me imagining him skating a program to Labyrinth music Laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magical World of Figure Skating   The Magical World of Figure Skating - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Magical World of Figure Skating
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5