Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NHK Trophy 2010

Go down 
+60
roma
SAKURA
tianrushui
chapis
BowbowDaijin
kiki
supportmaoasada
swan
klarification
sweetdream
sapphiresky
chineseteacup
goldmao
Jtsmith1
Artistry
bellarina
ericacsy
sky
jkblues
josling
tigercub
dlnnyc
gurami
jirachiness
will_power
europeanfan
kawaiimao
Lady_in_black
illani
☆Genie
iceskatingfan
PochinkoPotanko
linglang
Dani-Chan
bibi
dangerous_angel_face
inskate
Star85
Pandorina
aoi88
snowdrops24
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
alyssa
maofan93
Haidogirl
SpecialK
Ken Himura
ddmm
tilitom
Mao_Asada_sunrise
purplemaze
maochan
Luckyone
MikiAndoFan#1
polosatik
ballerinamao
Aibhlin
clovera
mingming
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:22 am

do you think mao wishes she was still with machida sensei? im sure she sees herself in kanako and sees the joy and abandon that she once had.

machida and sato are sooo diff. in temperament.

did anyone notice if sato and mao have yet to have a non verbal good luck rub on the back like takahiko san yet?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:23 am

dlnnyc wrote:
we all have ups and downs in life.. in our careers.. mao has achieved alot already... OSM, 2 world championships, etc.

she is struggling but she is always a work in progress.

she has alot of weight on her shoulders and she has some time before sochi (if that is her goal)... alot of changes that she is taking on and they dont change overnight. i wonder if she has a sports psychologist?

she needs consistency with sato-san, consistency on her new jump techiniques, consistency on her new programs.. all of this takes time and practice.. repeated program run throughs would be good.

at least she has alot of time between nhk and teb (which is the last grand prix before the finals).
Never thought I will say that. But,thank you! I don't think anxiety is the best in this situation. I'm glad I see another person who's staying positive and all that, I worry, I worry.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:26 am

tigercub wrote:
polosatik wrote:
People come on! You're starting it again! Like it was in the beginning of the last season! Exclamation

Actually I'm not too worried about Mao's technique. She is determined and just needs more time to re-program her brain and body.

I am concerned that she might lose confidence in herself, especially with the inevitable media circus. From the practice vids, it was obvious that she wasn't ready for the competition. I'm questioning whether doing the grand prix this season is a good idea. Poor performances will be bad for her reputation and might hurt her psychologically.

Although I don't think this is going to happen, I hope she skips the rest of the grand prix so she can focus on practice and aim to do well for national and worlds.
And this is what Yuna and Joannie are doing. They gave it all at Olympics and now this is terribly difficult to compete again. Vasya on NTV+said" Mao gave it all in the last season, so many gorgeous triple axels, she even got a record for that. This is will be very hard at the beginning,but you will see the real Mao Asada later for sure"
Back to top Go down
tigercub

tigercub

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 am

dlnnyc wrote:
do you think mao wishes she was still with machida sensei? im sure she sees herself in kanako and sees the joy and abandon that she once had.

machida and sato are sooo diff. in temperament.

did anyone notice if sato and mao have yet to have a non verbal good luck rub on the back like takahiko san yet?

I think Mao's technical problems started while she was with Machida so I dont' think going back to her is a good idea. If you look at Kanako, she has the exact same issues in her jumps. Sato was my top choice when Mao was coachless. I believe they need more time to sync and work together.
Back to top Go down
ericacsy

ericacsy

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 am

polosatik wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
we all have ups and downs in life.. in our careers.. mao has achieved alot already... OSM, 2 world championships, etc.

she has alot of weight on her shoulders and she has some time before sochi (if that is her goal)... alot of changes that she is taking on and they dont change overnight. i wonder if she has a sports psychologist?

she needs consistency with sato-san, consistency on her new jump techiniques, consistency on her new programs.. all of this takes time and practice.. repeated program run throughs would be good.

at least she has alot of time between nhk and teb (which is the last grand prix before the finals).
Never thought I will say that. But,thank you! I don't think anxiety is the best in this situation. I'm glad I see another person who's staying positive and all that, I worry, I worry.

I completely agree. As long as we see a sense of progress with Mao, it's fine! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://moredistraction.tumblr.com/
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

According to a figure skating magazine, Sato-sensei will not give "good luck rub on the back" to girls. Mrs. Sato says it's Taka-chan special. Actually, it was started by Taka-chan's mother. She rubbed Taka-chan's back to remind him of straightening up. Mrs. Sato says she sometimes forgets to do it and is urged by Taka-chan before he sets off.
Back to top Go down
tigercub

tigercub

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:48 am

linglang wrote:
According to a figure skating magazine, Sato-sensei will not give "good luck rub on the back" to girls. Mrs. Sato says it's Taka-chan special. Actually, it was started by Taka-chan's mother. She rubbed Taka-chan's back to remind him of straightening up. Mrs. Sato says she sometimes forgets to do it and is urged by Taka-chan before he sets off.

Laughing So cute, and very like Taka-chan.
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 am

polosatik wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:

@polosatik... never thought youd agree with me right? LOL.. kidding. i see sooo much potential for greatness in this SP. its a memorable mao one for sure. fantaisie was my favorite and this is similar but its much more flirty and can really draw in an audience.

ok not to put pressure on her but i wish after her botched jumps i wish mao just said to herself "im gonna sell this damn program in the step sequence and attack the hell out of it"... as scott hamilton says (and i like scott)... "SELL IT BABY!"
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:07 am

If Mao could come back last season and deliver both in the olympics and worlds, when almost everybody was counting her out, she can do everything. I'm quite surprised to see now that many were sort of expecting a performance like that and in spite of criticizing her, I read good things about her short. We all know that she will come back and fight: she is a true fighter and a competitor; she is at her best when she has to prove something. Just think at her 2010 performance: when everybody was tired after the olympics, Mao was the only one who came to fight. And she won. And she will win again, maybe not tomorrow, but she will. I trust her fully!

Oh, about the link I posted, I understood that the entire competition will be brodcasted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:11 am

polosatik wrote:
Btw I love Mao's make-up today, she looks so beautiful with it! Gorgeous princess!
You are right, so pretty!
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lap0v3bXEt1qbnrrxo1_500.jpg Love Hearts

I like it that she didn't go with tons of eyeliner and red lipstick. This way it is gorgeous too!
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:14 am

not to harp on the negative.. just relaying facts about today's SP

- 47.95 is mao's lowest SP score ever
- 8th position is her lowest position ever
- spins and step were rated level 3

dont bash me peeps but we have to face reality right?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:16 am

dlnnyc wrote:
polosatik wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:

@polosatik... never thought youd agree with me right? LOL.. kidding. i see sooo much potential for greatness in this SP. its a memorable mao one for sure. fantaisie was my favorite and this is similar but its much more flirty and can really draw in an audience.

ok not to put pressure on her but i wish after her botched jumps i wish mao just said to herself "im gonna sell this damn program in the step sequence and attack the hell out of it"... as scott hamilton says (and i like scott)... "SELL IT BABY!"
haha yeah. Sometimes I also wish Mao could forget about her mistakes and just enjoy herself and her skating! But this is easy to say, Mao is thinking too much. Knowing she's not ready put more pressure on her. No matter what, I love her soo much!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am

dlnnyc wrote:
not to harp on the negative.. just relaying facts about today's SP

- 47.95 is mao's lowest SP score ever
- 8th position is her lowest position ever
- spins and step were rated level 3

dont bash me peeps but we have to face reality right?
Oh no, I thought you have changed! Evil or Very Mad Just kidding! Razz
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:58 am

After reading the live tweets, I just had to get a few hours of z's. I was so heartbroken for Mao...I watched it on YouTube later on. It was very painful, yet I also saw what some of you guys have seen, which was the wonderful choreography.

I know we've been so eager to see Mao start from a clean slate, but changing jumping technique is a difficult task at any age. And the person who is the hardest on themselves is Mao, herself. No matter what happens in this competition, I know our courageous Mao will not back down to achieve her goals and she will overcome- because that's what she does. As for the scores overall. It was already discussed even during the pairs skating that they were being really frugal in dishing out the points. I guess there setting the bar to protect records.

Great senior debut for Kanako and Carolina's program was lovely.

ETA: I just watched Caroline! Wow. She worked her butt off. I thought people were exaggerating in their tweets, but her jumps are so much better. Hard work really does pay off.

Last edited by maowataiyo on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 am

I love Mao's dress!

Swoon
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:15 am

Hmm...I'm actually not worried about her placement or score at all right now..I'm more worried about what inskate was talking about. I think it's absolutely worth it for her to do badly in this competition if it's helping her improve her jumps in the long run. I assumed when Mao was talking about going back to her old technique that she was talking about how much speed and flow she had in her jumps back then in a general sense, instead of the specific entrance/etc of her jumps. I hope we get more interviews from her from this event to clarify the kinds of changes she's working on.

I LOLed at dlnnyc trying to cheer us up and being the positive one around here lol!

About Sato's approach, hmm...anyone know how Fumie's jumps are in terms of technique?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:19 am

bellarina wrote:
Hmm...I'm actually not worried about her placement or score at all right now..I'm more worried about what inskate was talking about. I think it's absolutely worth it for her to do badly in this competition if it's helping her improve her jumps in the long run. I assumed when Mao was talking about going back to her old technique that she was talking about how much speed and flow she had in her jumps back then in a general sense, instead of the specific entrance/etc of her jumps. I hope we get more interviews from her from this event to clarify the kinds of changes she's working on.

I LOLed at dlnnyc trying to cheer us up and being the positive one around here lol!

About Sato's approach, hmm...anyone know how Fumie's jumps are in terms of technique?
I don't remember Fumie getting wrong edges and stuff, for me her technique looks fine.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:20 am

bellarina wrote:

Well, I think she has nice technique overall. Her Flip is great. She has a nice Toe loop and Salchow. She has a Flutz and the Loop is practically nonexistent.

cat
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:25 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
bellarina wrote:

Well, I think she has nice technique overall. Her Flip is great. She has a nice Toe loop and Salchow. She has a Flutz and the Loop is practically nonexistent.

cat
Her flutz came rather late, I don't remember wrong edges at 2007-2008 season.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:20 pm

Fumie always flutzed, just the judges were a bit lenient towrads her at first, perhaps because she at least tried to fix it and hold the outside edge longer. Her 3F and 3Lz approaches were very similar to Mao's old technique, actually.

I think the very notion of having a good technique is changing very rapidly recently. Not so long ago there were no opportunities to rewatch the jumps in slow-mo, frame by frame - now nearly everyone has a computer and Internet access. So people start paying more attention to the technique.

It used to be that the technique didn't matter so much as long as the skater landed the jump and it looked pretty. Sasha Cohen was praised for "elegant" looking jumps, but in reality she had a very bad technique. If she had worked on it early, maybe she'd been able to land 3-3s easily.

Now the notion of "textbook" technique has appeared - a technique that allows the skater to use his/her abilities to 100% without risking injury and at the same time make the jumps look more spectacular. It goes beyond having correct edges - what matters just as much is correct body position, the right balance, absorbing the impact on the landing with knees and ankles, keeping the speed. Very few skaters have that, but I think that the judges will encourage it more and more and the criteria for GoEs will be more and more strict.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:20 pm

europeanfan wrote:
Oh no!!! She's 8th!!! only 47 points!! Sad

Think about it. Carolina is only 10 or 11 points ahead, right? If Mao completely nails her free program, she'll be first place, without a doubt. I just hope she does nail it.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
europeanfan wrote:

Think about it. Carolina is only 10 or 11 points ahead, right? If Mao completely nails her free program, she'll be first place, without a doubt. I just hope she does nail it.
If you know Carolina K you won't expect much from her, so Mao has a big chance to win really.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:
If Mao could come back last season and deliver both in the olympics and worlds, when almost everybody was counting her out, she can do everything. I'm quite surprised to see now that many were sort of expecting a performance like that and in spite of criticizing her, I read good things about her short. We all know that she will come back and fight: she is a true fighter and a competitor; she is at her best when she has to prove something. Just think at her 2010 performance: when everybody was tired after the olympics, Mao was the only one who came to fight. And she won. And she will win again, maybe not tomorrow, but she will. I trust her fully!

Oh, about the link I posted, I understood that the entire competition will be brodcasted Very Happy

Yes exactly. She came back last year hard with no expectations, and she definitely delivered during the Olympics and World, despite the mistakes in the Olympics. She still proved herself in those triple axels. I know she'll come back. It'll be more than a month for her next Grand Prix event. Do you know what are the requirements to be able to compete in the Grand Prix Final?
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:32 pm

polosatik wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
europeanfan wrote:

If you know Carolina K you won't expect much from her, so Mao has a big chance to win really.

I have that same mind set. Mao can get ahead. She can. I just want her to believe in herself because she seemed so doubtful, especially before doing that triple axel. Her attitude going to the jump was completely different from her attitude going into it during the Olympics short program. I don't want her to doubt. I think the practices affected her because she knew her inconsistencies, and it stayed in her mind during the program.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Yayayaya I am already excited again!! There is no point in keep remembering bad moments, let's just get ready for the new chance.
Hey, when is going to be her FP? Is it tomorrow? scratch Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   NHK Trophy 2010 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHK Trophy 2010
Page 14 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next