Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thophy Eric Bompard 2010

Go down 
+61
jkblues
Haidogirl
iceskatingfan
maofan93
BounceAround
springseternal
tianrushui
chapis
sofia
hanatsuki
Spacey
sarahjoanne419
ClairDeMao
FatiniAdlina
mingming
dangerous_angel_face
illani
SpecialK
Artistry
kiki
supportmaoasada
dawnsherearequiet
Ken Himura
jirachiness
angel120
snowdrops24
inspiration*
BowbowDaijin
sky
maowataiyo
chineseteacup
clovera
periperi
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
☆Genie
aoi88
bellarina
polosatik
Aibhlin
SAKURA
Dani-Chan
chiyori
ericacsy
linglang
Lady_in_black
europeanfan
dlnnyc
klarification
sapphiresky
PochinkoPotanko
maochan
kaarolcia
tilitom
josling
roma
ddmm
Figure_skating_love
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Luckyone
ballerinamao
65 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:56 pm

I can't believe that we will see mao again next week... I can't wait to see her again... mao will be competing against mirai, crizny, and fumie .. now both mirai and crizny can give a good performance when it count's even through a highly doubt that she will be able repeat what she did in her first GP competition.. and mirai, well is not the most consistent skater... so what do you guys think who will make the podium..
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:16 pm

I hope mao wins, but Czisny is right now technically better than before, but we dont know, anyways i wish mao the best of luck, and hope she wins Smile or at least that she lands almost all the jumps Worship
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Luckyone wrote:
I hope mao wins, but Czisny is right now technically better than before, but we dont know, anyways i wish mao the best of luck, and hope she wins Smile or at least that she lands almost all the jumps Worship

Yes that would be nice if she lands all the jumps at least or communicate some type of improvement, but no pressure because I know she wants to badly show improvement. I just hope she smiles!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:26 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Luckyone wrote:

Yes that would be nice if she lands all the jumps at least or communicate some type of improvement, but no pressure because I know she wants to badly show improvement. I just hope she smiles!

I think we'll see an improvement from Mao for sure cheers
I'm just hoping that it will be enough improvement to win TEB
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:38 am

MAOCHAN posted a link of yesterday's GET SPORT. In that video, Mai says that Mao's jumps have improved a lot and she has more confidence. So that's a good news. Now, all she needs to think is that she can do them in competitions.

You go girl ! we believe in you!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:06 am

Thanks for the info on what that info is about, ddmm! Btw, I Love Hearts your avatar!!!

Are there any news/rumors of Mao on the Japanese forums? A couple of days more... *sigh* I need to be patient... hehe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:56 am

YAY just a few days and I'm going to see Mao live !! Happy dance
I really hope for her doing great to reinforce some self-confidence as well (and surely I want to see her in the gala but this is just a little egoistic thought of me... Too sweet! )
Well, I'll cheer for her as loud as I can and hopefully that will be the biggest problem to think about...
Btw, does anyone know whether the official practices are open to the public ?! It's the first time for me to be at such a big event that's why I'm blissfully ignorant... Smile
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:01 pm

ddmm wrote:
MAOCHAN posted a link of yesterday's GET SPORT. In that video, Mai says that Mao's jumps have improved a lot and she has more confidence. So that's a good news. Now, all she needs to think is that she can do them in competitions.

You go girl ! we believe in you!

Oh my goodness that IS such great news! I just hope she can tell herself that she will do just fine in the competition.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:42 pm

josling wrote:
I really hope for her doing great to reinforce some self-confidence as well (and surely I want to see her in the gala but this is just a little egoistic thought of me... Too sweet! )
Well, I'll cheer for her as loud as I can and hopefully that will be the biggest problem to think about...
Btw, does anyone know whether the official practices are open to the public ?! It's the first time for me to be at such a big event that's why I'm blissfully ignorant... Smile

soooooooo lucky now I really am jalous, I soo wish to see mao live someday... Razz do me a favour and cheer mao up as loud as possible for me too.... Cheering
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:49 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
josling wrote:

soooooooo lucky now I really am jalous, I soo wish to see mao live someday... Razz do me a favour and cheer mao up as loud as possible for me too.... Cheering

oooohhhh!!!!! please tell us all about it afterwards!!! please keep an eye on takahiko!!! see if he watches mao skate? i am a big believer in the power of love (heehee)!!! Love Hearts and im hoping the two of them will keep each other motivated during competition!!!! have fun!!!
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:37 pm

josling wrote:
YAY just a few days and I'm going to see Mao live !! Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 607139
I really hope for her doing great to reinforce some self-confidence as well (and surely I want to see her in the gala but this is just a little egoistic thought of me... Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 95568 )
WOW! That's awesome! I went to TEB last year and had a blast (even though Mao was not at her best). Enjoy your stay in Paris and cheer for Mao as loud as you can! Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 238895
I saw last minute of Mao's practice before the SP last year (I was there with friends who are not so figure skating crazy so I had to compromise and didn't even try to come there sooner). There were many people inside Bercy already so I think that practices on Friday may be open. Not so sure about Saturday. The security guards went a little crazy with checking tickets etc. (people could enter only a couple of minutes before the ladies' LP ) but I only had tickets for the afternoon part of LP's (ladies + ice dance) so I have no idea how it was in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Does anyone have any practice clips? Please post if you do. A glimpse would make us all happy I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:05 pm

roma wrote:
Thanks for the info on what that info is about, ddmm! Btw, I Love Hearts your avatar!!!

Are there any news/rumors of Mao on the Japanese forums? A couple of days more... *sigh* I need to be patient... hehe.

Thanks Roma. Yes, love my avatar. He's cute!!! Love Hearts Thumbs up!

Josling, lucky you!!! I'm so jealous !!!
Hey don't forget to buy legos or puzzle as her present ! I'm sure she'll pick it first Laughing
Back to top Go down
maochan

maochan

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Thank you Maochan.
It's good to see that Mao left today. She used to arrive just a day or few hours before the competition starts.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:49 pm

ddmm wrote:
Thank you Maochan.
It's good to see that Mao left today. She used to arrive just a day or few hours before the competition starts.

I'm glad she decided to leave early, too! Maybe Sato advised her it would be better? Smile
I've always hated Mao arriving in other countries for competitions in the last minute. The thing that bothered me the most is that she seemed to have been doing that basically because that's what she did when she won Worlds. So it was kind of like a for better luck thing. I thought it was too risky. Besides, she'd be in lots of trouble if something happens to the flight and she's delayed (that happened once, didn't it?).
Mao has some superstitions concerning her first victory at Worlds. Since she was wearing a reddish costume then, she seems to have a policy of wearing something reddish for big competitions, too. Although I don't have a problem with the costume color, the time of arrival thing always bugged me. I'm glad she snapped out of it! Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:16 pm

The Schedule for the event:

Friday, November 26th
14h - 15h05 : danse imposée (I'm not sure about the translation for this- it seems like "contemporary" dance)- very likely the short dance
15h20 - 17h : Men's short
17h15 - 18h25 : Pairs short
18h40 - 20h15 : Ladies short
20h30 - 21h45 : Original Dance

Saturday, November 27th
13h30 - 15h15 : Men's Free
15h30 - 16h50 : Pair's Free - Men and Pairs Medal Ceremony
18h30 - 20h30 : Ladies Free- Ladies Medal Ceremony
20h45 - 22h10 : Free Dance- Dance Medal Ceremony

Sunday, November 28th
14h - 17h: Exhibition (Champion's Gala)

I can't waiiit to see Mao! I don't care how she does, I've been so "Mao-deprived" Razz that I just want to see her move on the ice lol...
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:10 am

I am so nervous for Mao! pale

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Mao has some superstitions concerning her first victory at Worlds. Since she was wearing a reddish costume then, she seems to have a policy of wearing something reddish for big competitions, too. Although I don't have a problem with the costume color, the time of arrival thing always bugged me. I'm glad she snapped out of it! Surprised

Actually, I remember reading a translation from kumaneko (I think) that Mao stated that her power color is "red." That's why she insisted on wearing red during the Olympic season even when there is this huge belief that the OGM color is blue (which is, interestingly, the color of Yuna's FS costume!).

But when we talk about the power of red, the recent winners of Worlds are always in red. Maybe next year the 'red line' would be broken? We will never know!
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:05 am

hmmm i hope mao is not superstitious and or believes in luck. they both dont win competitions. i hope mao has a sports psychologist to help with her mental attitude. she does seem to have a tough competitor side to her, ill give her that but you can read her face once she takes her position on the ice.

red? blue? maybe it will be lavender? remember sarah hughes won her OGM wearing lavender... like mao's LIEBESTRAUM costume. kristi yamaguchi's was gold and black, oksana's was pink, tara's was blue, sarah's lavender, shizuka's shades of blue, yuna's blue.. so yes maybe blue is it.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:19 am

tilitom wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
josling wrote:

oooohhhh!!!!! please tell us all about it afterwards!!! please keep an eye on takahiko!!! see if he watches mao skate? i am a big believer in the power of love (heehee)!!! Love Hearts and im hoping the two of them will keep each other motivated during competition!!!! have fun!!!

Hell, no! Too sweet!
I'll try... Yep! And thank you Smile
It's also the first time for me to see Mao and Taka and BriJou live so I'm incredibly excited (I can't concentrate in school anymore, I paint the words 'Paris' or 'Mao Asada' in like thousands different ways Very Happy)
I hope I'll have internet there so that I can "report" a little about practices and Taka-Mao ( Too sweet! ) and so on... (: Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 am

does anyone know if the usuel russian links we get are showing TEB and if yes what time do they show it????
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:37 am

klarification wrote:
I am so nervous for Mao! pale

But when we talk about the power of red, the recent winners of Worlds are always in red. Maybe next year the 'red line' would be broken? We will never know!

Mao's dress from world champs in 2008 wasn't red Wink

I can't believe TEB is in 3 days Cheering I hope Mao will prove everyone that she still has something to say Very Happy I hope Mai is right, and her jumps are stronger now
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:47 am

ballerinamao wrote:
does anyone know if the usuel russian links we get are showing TEB and if yes what time do they show it????

Here are some good and bag news:

The russian channel will show TEB only on 26 and the gala from 28, acording to their site.

26 nov:

starting at 17:25: pairs short, men short, ladies short and short dance(15:25 in France)

28 nov:

16:00: gala(14:00 in France)

Russia in +3 GMT, France is +1 GMT

here is the source: http://ntvplus.ru/channels/channel.xl?id=3366&day=26.11.2010#tv(I don't speak russian, I used google translate)
They say it's live, but I'm sure it's gonna be delayed by 10 minutes or so
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Here are some good and bag news:

The russian channel will show TEB only on 26 and the gala from 28, acording to their site.

26 nov:

starting at 17:25: pairs short, men short, ladies short and short dance(15:25 in France)

28 nov:

16:00: gala(14:00 in France)

Russia in +3 GMT, France is +1 GMT

here is the source: http://ntvplus.ru/channels/channel.xl?id=3366&day=26.11.2010#tv(I don't speak russian, I used google translate)
They say it's live, but I'm sure it's gonna be delayed by 10 minutes or so

does that mean that I will most likely miss the free Shocked Depressed Crying Bawling Very Mad

hmm isn't there any free site where it's possible to watch it for free??? I can't believe that no one will air the free skate of the women beside eurosport and icenenetwork, and this is really ridicoules they air the short but skip the free??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:23 pm

There's been some news concerning Mao! Finally! Faint2
A member in our Japanese forum has posted a while ago, that Asahi TV has reorted Mao and Takahiko's arrival in Paris. In the same news, they seem to have mentioned that Mao had been shutting out the press eversince after NHK, so we can now be sure that the 'Get Sports' practicing clip was from the past.

Anyway, there seems to be an interview article in this morning's Asahi newspaper as well. Mao has said in it:

'Although it's mortifying to show myself making mistakes in front of people, I think entering the (NHK) competition in even such a condition meant something. It was a way for me to confirm what kind of state I'm in as well. Experiencing many things there will lead to my trying harder in the future. I think that I won't be able to make any progress than now, unless I enter competitions'

'Although everyone has their ups and downs, I won't allow myself to perform like I did in NHK Cup. I think I can perform better in TEB than NHK. I'm half way close to where I want to get. But what I'm aiming at now will be my average standards. Unless I complete that, I won't be able to go further'

Takahiko's comment in the article:

'Mao has changed alot since finishing NHK. She has more speed now. Even through my eyes, the steps she had been taking one by one has added up to much improvement in her skating. There are certain edge sounds which make me feel good when skating. I hear the same sounds from Mao's skating recently. Now she only has to figure how to make use of this speed in her jumps. When you gain speed, the way to control your jumps will start to change. She'll have to skate more and more, so to get used to the speed I think'

I think we got some detailed info from Taka here about how Mao's skating has improved. I think we can look forward to TEB! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Thophy Eric Bompard 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thophy Eric Bompard 2010
Page 1 of 30Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next