Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trophee Eric Bompard 2013

Go down 
+16
AmazingGraceMao
Iceriver
Alokya
COHK
Hotaru
ballerinamao
Lady_in_black
ElleluvsL
BowbowDaijin
roma
chapis
zarinaballerina
Haidogirl
pearlyriver
l-spiralmao
shar
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:14 pm

2013 Trophee Eric Bompard
Trophee Eric Bompard, the fifth event in the 2013 Grand Prix Series, will be held Nov. 15-17 in Paris.
ABOUT

For its fifth event, the 2013 Grand Prix Series moves to Paris for Trophee Eric Bompard. A star-studded field, including three-time world champion Patrick Chan and Olympic gold medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, will be on hand.

Ice Network 2013-2014 Season Pass, subscribe now
SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN) U.S Time Zone

11/15/2013 9:30am Pairs short program
11/15/2013 11:00am Men's short program
11/15/2013 12:45pm Short dance
11/15/2013 2:10pm Ladies short program
11/16/2013 8:10am Pairs free skate
11/16/2013 9:50am Men's free skate
11/16/2013 12:45pm Free dance
11/16/2013 2:15pm Ladies free skate
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:24 pm

ISU GP Trophee Bompard 2013

Ladies

Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Amelie LACOSTE CAN 1
2 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 2
3 Anna POGORILAYA RUS 3
4 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS 3
5 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 4
6 Natalia POPOVA UKR 5
7 Samantha CESARIO USA 6
8 Christina GAO USA 6
9 Ashley WAGNER USA 6

So who will come out on top in the ladies event? Ashley or Adelina? Or will Gao pull an upset (I hope)?
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:32 pm

Men

Entries
No.     Name                 Nation
1        Patrick CHAN          CAN 1
2        Nan SONG              CHN 2
3        Han YAN                CHN 2
4        Michal BREZINA       CZE 3
5        Florent AMODIO      FRA 4
6        Yuzuru HANYU        JPN 5
7        Alexander MAJOROV SWE 6
8        Jason BROWN         USA 7
9        Ross MINER            USA 7

Ok, why does Chan and Yuzuru both have the same GP events? It's almost unfair. I hope Yuzuru really step it up this time and give Chan a run for his (overscored) money. Twisted Evil  This isn't Canada, so If Yuzuru goes clean, he might have a chance to beat Chan.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Yay, it's not at 1am!!!!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Han Yan will be put to test this time. I hope he'll get a medal.
Am I the only who's not interested in the lady field? I don't care for Ashley, I like Adelina but she's so unpredictable. Christina Gao is beautiful to watch but she doesn't have that IT factor. She's still no Akiko.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:36 am

Lol i was just shocked about the clock times! Too late i saw its US time Laugh 
Finally a GP with better times for us in Europe!

And im honestly curious about who might win the Ladies event. Im not a fan of any of them to be honest, but im sure it will be Russia vs. USA!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:58 am

shar wrote:

Ok, why does Chan and Yuzuru both have the same GP events? It's almost unfair. I hope Yuzuru really step it up this time and give Chan a run for his (overscored) money. Twisted Evil  This isn't Canada, so If Yuzuru goes clean, he might have a chance to beat Chan.
Because JSF is stupid. Very Mad I've been questioning their judgement ever since the entries were announced.

I don't really care about ladies this time. I hope Adelina finally pulls it together and produces two strong skates. IMO, she should thank her lucky stars that Radionova is too young for Sochi, otherwise she might've found herself off the team.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:04 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

Because JSF is stupid. Very Mad I've been questioning their judgement ever since the entries were announced.

I don't really care about ladies this time. I hope Adelina finally pulls it together and produces two strong skates. IMO, she should thank her lucky stars that Radionova is too young for Sochi, otherwise she might've found herself off the team.
So it is the natitional federation who decides who to assign to GP event? I still find it unreasonable for whoever assigned Zijun to 2 consecutive GP events. If Yuzu continues to place behind Patrick, there's high chance that he may not qualify for GPF? affraid

Haidogirl wrote:
Lol i was just shocked about the clock times! Too late i saw its US time Laugh 
Finally a GP with better times for us in Europe!

I think you guys are the luckiest. You can still watch GP events in America, Canada and Asia without wreaking havoc on your personal schedule. Razz 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:18 am

pearlyriver wrote:
So it is the natitional federation who decides who to assign to GP event? I still find it unreasonable for whoever assigned Zijun to 2 consecutive GP events. If Yuzu continues to place behind Patrick, there's high chance that he may not qualify for GPF? affraid

I'm not really sure how the procedure goes, but I am willing to bet that the big Feds (and Japan is one of them), decide who goes where. ISU probably decides the number of spots a country gets for each GP, and then the Fed's decide which of their skters will compete there. They have to follow the rules; those who placed on the podium are not allowed to meet during GP, the same goes for those placed between 4-6, so IMO, if JSF wouldn't want Yuzu competing aginst Patrick, they would've send him somwhere else. Just IMO, of course.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:20 am

I love the events in Asia because when those are in my time zone I am working and almost never can watch it live, besides when the comp are in Asia it always start almost one day before Laughing 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:26 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I'm not really sure how the procedure goes, but I am willing to bet that the big Feds (and Japan is one of them), decide who goes where. ISU probably decides the number of spots a country gets for each GP, and then the Fed's decide which of their skters will compete there. They have to follow the rules; those who placed on the podium are not allowed to meet during GP, the same goes for those placed between 4-6, so IMO, if JSF wouldn't want Yuzu competing aginst Patrick, they would've send him somwhere else. Just IMO, of course.
Why was Mirai assigned to 2 events? She placed 7th overall at the US Nats.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:38 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Why was Mirai assigned to 2 events? She placed 7th overall at the US Nats.
I think she was among top 24 scores in the world, and luckily USA has still some faith in her, enough to grant her 2 GP's.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:41 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I think she was among top 24 scores in the world, and luckily USA has still some faith in her, enough to grant her 2 GP's.
And then she blew away one chance:crybl: . I think the international judge love her more than national judges, and they certainly love her more than Christina and Agnes but she doesn't make use of that advantage.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:22 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
And then she blew away one chance:crybl: . I think the international judge love her more than national judges, and they certainly love her more than Christina and Agnes but she doesn't make use of that advantage.
Yes, it's exactly the oposite of Agnes situation, who isn't really liked by international judges, but is (for some unknown reason) loved by national judges. I don't understand why USFSA is willing to give some skaters a chance after a chance, but is completely shutting down the others. Honestly, if Agnes gets to go to Sochi, I'll be majorly pissed. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:47 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Yes, it's exactly the oposite of Agnes situation, who isn't really liked by international judges, but is (for some unknown reason) loved by national judges. I don't understand why USFSA is willing to give some skaters a chance after a chance, but is completely shutting down the others. Honestly, if Agnes gets to go to Sochi, I'll be majorly pissed. Evil or Very Mad 
I don't remember Agnes scoring more than 170 in total in an international event. How do they think that she's having potential at Sochi with a score like this?
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:51 am

chapis wrote:
I love the events in Asia because when those are in my time zone I am working and almost never can watch it live, besides when the comp are in Asia it always start almost one day before Laughing 

Same here! And sometimes i watch it at work, lucky to be an office lady lol! 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:15 am

Haidogirl wrote:
chapis wrote:
Same here! And sometimes i watch it at work, lucky to be an office lady lol! 
Ehem, Haidogirl:eeklmao: Who, me? Once I was watching Japan Open 2013 and a lay sitting near me wonder: "Who is playing the music so loud?"Embarassed I wasn't aware that the sound is so loud.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:36 am

pearlyriver wrote:

I don't remember Agnes scoring more than 170 in total in an international event. How do they think that she's having potential at Sochi with a score like this?
Well, this are the same people who crowned Alissa Scizny a national champion in 2009, with only three triples, and then were shocked when she placed outside of top 10 at 2009 worlds. I mean WTH did they expect?!

IMO, the ladies they want to send to Sochi are: Ashley, Gracie and Alissa. Because of Alissa's injury it's unlikely she'll be anywhere near the level she needs to be, by the time of the Nats, so their plan B is: Ashley, Gracie, Agnes.
It doesn't matter what these skaters will produce on the ice, the judges will hold them up with PCS, and screw the likes of Christina and Courtney Hicks. Yep, Sadly Depressed Crying 

As much as I love Mirai, she isn't going to Sochi, heck Rachel Flatt has more chance of that than Mirai. Bawling

Back to topic: I hope Adelina will finally pull it together and will skate the lights out, leaving everyone in the dust in Paris.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:50 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:

Well, this are the same people who crowned Alissa Scizny a national champion in 2009, with only three triples, and then were shocked when she placed outside of top 10 at 2009 worlds. I mean WTH did they expect?!

IMO, the ladies they want to send to Sochi are: Ashley, Gracie and Alissa. Because of Alissa's injury it's unlikely she'll be anywhere near the level she needs to be, by the time of the Nats, so their plan B is: Ashley, Gracie, Agnes.
It doesn't matter what these skaters will produce on the ice, the judges will hold them up with PCS, and screw the likes of Christina and Courtney Hicks. Yep, Sadly Depressed Crying 

As much as I love Mirai, she isn't going to Sochi, heck Rachel Flatt has more chance of that than Mirai. Bawling

Back to topic: I hope Adelina will finally pull it together and will skate the lights out, leaving everyone in the dust in Paris.
Alissa is never a top skater even at her prime, as much as I love her. This is not the time when you can win with just artistry. As far as I know, Alissa only did doubles in recent regional competitions and she still struggled. I think Christina is the most complete skater right now, aside from Ashley and Gracie. The USFA doesn't seem to like Rachel as much as before. I don't understand their reasoning. They crowned her as the 2010 US champion and tipped her to be a medal hopeful and she only placed 7th. There was no way she could medal at that time. Mao, Joannie and Miki would have had messed up badly in order for Rachel to place on the podium.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:45 am

Quote :
As much as I love Mirai, she isn't going to Sochi, heck Rachel Flatt has more chance of that than Mirai.
PLEASE! Send everyone but not Flatt! She is so boring!Faint2 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:50 pm

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 1h
NEWS: Ross Miner, the reigning U.S. silver medalist, has withdrawn from 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard due to a right ankle sprain Sad 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:39 pm

So many GP withdrawals this Oly year... Those are wasted spots for other athletes who were hoping to get a GP event. :-(
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:45 pm

If skaters withdraw just one week from a GP event, then is it too to find a replacement? I don't like this. Other promising skaters could have a chance at a GP event.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:49 am

pearlyriver wrote:
If skaters withdraw just one week from a GP event, then is it too to find a replacement? I don't like this. Other promising skaters could have a chance at a GP event.

Arent there usually always skaters waiting in the 2nd row? Just like Kimmie Meissner jumped in the 2006 Olympics for Michelle Kwan?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:00 am

Haidogirl wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Arent there usually always skaters waiting in the 2nd row? Just like Kimmie Meissner jumped in the 2006 Olympics for Michelle Kwan?
It was Emily Hughes who replaced Michelle, not Kimmie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophee Eric Bompard 2013   Trophee Eric Bompard 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trophee Eric Bompard 2013
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next