Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 Trophee Eric Bompard

Go down 
+11
Lady_in_black
PochinkoPotanko
maowataiyo
swan
chiyori
Mao2012
ballerinamao
roma
ddmm
zarinaballerina
Alokya
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 3:19 pm

As it is starting soon, figured I might as well start the thread.

Predictions, anyone? I am groaning at the astonishing lack of depth in the men's field. Especially when there are so many AMAZING men's skaters today, why do they have to put all the inconsistent/not great ones here? If Nobu had been assigned at TEB, I could have seen five Japanese men in the Grand Prix Final.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 am

Alokya, I agree! Espeacially if you consider who's competing at NHK. Shocked Yuzu, Dai, Javi Whirly , IMO, ISU could've done one of these guys a favour and assign them to TEB. I still don't understand what JSF was thinking assigning both Dai and Yuzu at NHK.IMO, it was not the brightest idea.

I'm really curious how Yulia will do here. Will she be able to beat Ashley? I also hope Liza will have a kick ass competition. And most of all, I'm interested to see how the judges will score Ashley, hopefully no owerscoring like at SA.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 am

Since my prediction was right by placing Gracie second at COR, here I am again with my prediction for ladies:

1. Julia
2. Ashley
3. Liza

No prediction for men because I am not really interested in watching.

Any stream ?
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 am

From twitter:
Pairs, Ladies, Dance http://bit.ly/SQVeS2
Men http://bit.ly/RGTvxz , http://bit.ly/RGTtpr , http://bit.ly/RGTvxB

Julia is competing with an injured ankle. Hope she'll be ok with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:51 am

roma wrote:
From twitter:
Pairs, Ladies, Dance http://bit.ly/SQVeS2
Men http://bit.ly/RGTvxz , http://bit.ly/RGTtpr , http://bit.ly/RGTvxB

Julia is competing with an injured ankle. Hope she'll be ok with it.

What ? is Julia injured ? oh no....
Don't know how serious it is but I hope that by competing today, it won't be even more serious.

I might have to put Ashley first then...
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:21 am

Eurosport 2 is showing the competition does anyone have a live link, i really want to watch the event live affraid
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:30 am

Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:52 am

Actually, better site here - http://www.frombar.tv/. Click one of the Eurosport 2 links.

Nan Song is on right now. I'm glad that he is okay.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:56 am

I'm laughing after a stuffed Panda thrown by a fan hit a judge and the commentator said 'a judge hit by a panda and sent to hospital...in the headline' (of course kidding)... LMAO

I don't know any of the men skaters so far besides Nan Song....Terrible the way ISU assigned the skaters.

And 'you have to dislocate your shoulder to do that last spin' the commentator also said....seeing the belgium skater. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 am

Haha, yeah, this commentator is hilarious!

On a sidenote... Takahito Mura's costume is reminding me a LOT of Taka's FS costume this year. Maybe the same designer?
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 am

YAY FOR JEREMY!!! Forgoing the quad was smart.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 am

Alokya wrote:
Haha, yeah, this commentator is hilarious!

On a sidenote... Takahito Mura's costume is reminding me a LOT of Taka's FS costume this year. Maybe the same designer?
It actually reminds me of Machida's last year FS costume... (Don Chisciotte, I think it was)
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 am

thanks for the links everyone, it was a really exciting competition for the ladies here is my reaction:

I think Julia really gave it her all, I really find it amazing how she made the rotation on her jumps, that an performance didn't expect that after hearing her having gotten an injury, so a positive surprise!

Ashley was just soo stiff to look at, once again lots of posing... her skating is really not my cup of tea.

Liza was amazing, how she made the 3-3 was another big question considering how her entrance to the second jump looked like, but she did and i'm so happy for her!

I was really surprised to see Mae do so well 4th place that quite an improvement, i think her new program fits her really well i would just have chosen another color for her costume, big 3-3

Gao and Polina were really so beautiful out there, feel so sorry for Gao missing the 3-3 combo but beside that one mistake i think the rest was just a delight to watch

now the free skate will be interesting the scores are very close especially between the top!

Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Okay, what is with costumes looking extremely similar to Japanese skaters'? Piper Gilles is wearing a costume almost exactly like Mao's. They are both Mary Poppins programs, but the DETAIL to which they are similar is frightening.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:30 pm

any pictures alokya
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:12 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
any pictures alokya

Well, that is what Mary Poppins' dress looks like after all...
http://cheekypoppins.wordpress.com/mary-poppins-style-icon/

Not from TEB...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/discolights444/8056726586/

The collar of Piper's dress is really ugly. Mao's dress is much better than this.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:14 pm

yeah, i think it'd be weird if piper's dress didn't resemble mao's dress since they're portraying the same character.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 pm

I was very impressed by Mae's jumps that were very high! but that costume design doesn't really suit her. It a very feminin cut and she's very athletic with big arm muscles.
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:40 pm

ddmm wrote:
I was very impressed by Mae's jumps that were very high! but that costume design doesn't really suit her. It a very feminin cut and she's very athletic with big arm muscles.

Laugh

I kinda liked Mae's dress. She is definitely muscular and toned (maybe like Joannie?), but she seems like a bubbly and bright person so if she's covered up more it might seem too demure or serious for me. I like her hair now more than her previous hairstyle too. It's sporty and cute.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 am

What happened with Liza ? she was so on last year ? is it that she's growing taller ?
I like this SP so I'm glad she's using it again this year.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:37 am

when is the ladies LP going to beginn?
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:55 am

ddmm wrote:
What happened with Liza ? she was so on last year ? is it that she's growing taller ?

Injuries + puberty. I think she has filled out more and gained weight. But she still has her 3-3s just not as consistent as last season. What's worrying me is that her PCS got hit this season when she seems to have actually improved. Last season it was Adelina. This season it's Liza. Julia, lets see in the next season or two.

I hope all competitors skate clean today but I do think its too much to hope for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:33 am

ddmm wrote:

Yes, Mishin said in an interview former to GPS this season that she is having trouble in accordance to her growth period. But at least we can say, better now than next season for her sakes. Yep, Sadly
I think she managed the best she could yesterday, and she's in 3rd with scores not too much far from Ashley and Julia. If she can skate clean in her FP, there still is a chance for her to win, even if the odds might seem against her...I personally wish she does win this one. Love

Having that said, I thought Julia was splendid last night! Her small jumps didn't bother me that much this time...it was more her speed and energy which caught my eyes. And I also she got better on skating along with the music. I've only seen her performance last night once so far, so I can't be sure if she really got better, but anyway, that was my first impression so far. Yep!

OTOH, I felt Ashley seemed much more tense and cautious than she was in SA. So her SP, which I think is far more a nicer pro than her FP, wasn't enough to fill my expectations for her this time. To skate a lyrical pro like that, I think she needs to become totally absorbed into the music, but she wasn't. I'm guessing she may not do as good as she managed somehow in SA at tonight's FP either. I think Julia scoring over her scared Ashley more or less, unlike how Mao took it when the same had happened to her in COC; I think Mao was already aware she may not be able to win in SP nor FP, because she had only started to become better and knew more than anyone that her reformings weren't perfected yet. I think this was good for her, because that must've avoided her from having Julia feeling like a major threat to her, and as a result she was able to skate her FP without being too nervous. But I'm not sure if that'll be the case with Ashley...I like her, but she's always had nerve issues. It seemed she got that part fixed since last season, but a skater like Julia wasn't there then. Even if Ashley manages to skate her FP like she did in SA, which even IMO was not all that great at all, if Julia skates her FP clean, I'd be willing to hand her the gold without any hesitations. But anyway...good luck to them all! Cheering

And ballerinamao, ladies FP should start 20min after the mens FP which will be starting in about 4hrs20min...check here for more secure times and streaming sites:
http://hotbladeshotpassion.blogspot.jp/2012/11/trophee-eric-bompard-2012-streaming-and.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:47 am

Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 am

OH dear, poor Liza. But I agree that better this year than next year.

As for Ashley, I also thought that she was very nervous yesterday because of Julia. I think Mao was more in control because she's older and has experienced ups and downs. I remember she said that usually she's nervous at the beginning of the season but not this year.

Shoot! my stream keeps freezing....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Trophee Eric Bompard
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next