Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013/2014 GPF Tickets

Go down 
+7
kawaiimao
pearlyriver
silenceisgolden
shikure
let`s talk
linglang
sweetdream
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

2013/2014 GPF Tickets Empty
PostSubject: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 pm

Hello Everyone! Very Happy

First off, I hope I posted in the right section!

I know that 2013 GPF is a long long time later in December. However this year, I plucked my courage and I'm going to fly to Japan and try to catch all my wonderful skating stars (such as lovely Mao) in action at 2013 GPF Japan before they retire after the olympics!! Very Happy As it's kind of my first time going to catch a skating competition, I would need all the advice and guidance I can get, such as how does ticket sale works, what are good seats generally, how does a competition schedule looks like and so on! (:

In addition, as I'm visiting a country where I clearly do not speak the language, I would sincerely appreciate all help on Japan and maybe some advice on ticket sale?(maybe it's in Japanese? and maybe as I'm flying over could I buy them online?)

Thank you for reading this! Very Happy and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi sweetdream

In Japan, we buy tickets through e+ (http://eplus.jp/sys/main.jsp), ticket Pia (チケットぴあhttp://t.pia.jp/) or Lawson Ticket (ローチケhttp://l-tike.com/) in general.  By becoming a member of those outlets and registering your favorites, you get ticket sale notification via e-mail about three to two months before event.  

I'm sorry I don't know how or if you can use those ticket dealers from outside of Japan.  (I assume if it's possible they should have their website available in English as well. silent)

Ticket sales generally take place in different time windows for one event: the earliest sale is usually only for membership subscribers and the latest sale is for general public.  Tickets for popular events like figure skating are usually sold out before the time for general sale.

And advanced ticket sales are done by drawing. Yes, you have to be lucky to get ticket before you have to be rich to buy those expensive tickets. Lips sealed  Because figure skating is very popular in Japan now and there are ticket brokers who illegally make money out of popular tickets, I'm sure GPF tickets are not easy to get.  But it worth betting anyway. Smile And if you didn't win, you can try the general sale, if it's still available.

This is how to buy ticket in Japan:
When you apply for ticket via website, you specify date, seat category and number of tickets you want to buy. (So, you don't know which seat you got in the seat category until when you actually receive your ticket.)  If you used credit card for payment, you will have your tickets sent by snail male to your address and you will have to pay for the postage and system fee, or you can dispense it at convenience store. When you choose to pay and dispense tickets at convenience stores, you will have to pay for system fee and you have to finish transaction by the specified date. (Usually 7 to 10 days after application is made).

Regarding seat category, most expensive tickets are for "Arena SS" which are usually very hard to get, while Stand A, Stand B are less hard to get.

And, don't forget to secure accommodation.  Fukuoka does not have enough accommodation capacity when there is a big event like concert, sumo, or festival taking place.  When Arashi or SMAP came to Fukuoka, it's impossible to get accommodation at all. New hotels are opening one after another those days, but it's still difficult to find reasonable accommodation especially on weekends.

I hope other members will give you good information about ticket purchase out side of Japan.

I think I can give you more information about Fukuoka, if you have any specific question. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:26 pm

http://www.kyodo-west.co.jp/figure_gpf_2013/

I just found this website.  It says general ticket sale will start on Oct. 20 at noon.  Information on advance ticket sale will be given around Aug end.  Click the blue bar with yellow letters to open the e-mail address registration view.  Enter your e-mail address in the box at the bottom and press the button, if you wish to receive advance ticket sale information. Registration will be closed on Aug. 20.  No English available geek
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:02 pm

^ Linglang, I think everything that you described here works only for residents of Japan, i.e. for those who have the registered address here and the phone number. It's impossible to use your manual for foreign residents like Sweetdreams. But for them there's a separate pool of tickets will be available, specially reserved for foreign fans and this pool doesn't overlap with a Japanese pool, like those on PIA, e-plus or Lawson. They have to wait when the official site of GPF is up, then click on "English" and proceed to the ticket purchase.
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks so much Linglang and let's talk for the replies! Very Happy Really helpful and insightful posts and I'll keep a look out on the GPF website! Any idea when the site would be up? Very Happy

Anyway a great big thank you to you guys! For someone who never ever planned a whole overseas trip/went to a figure skating competition, such advice is greatly helpful and beneficial! (: And I do hope the plan eventually works out well! (: *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:34 am

About ppl outside Japan, one thing I am sure is...e-plus won't accept non-jpn credit card. because I tried it before Smile so you can't participate any pre-draw from e-plus. if you buy ticket after open-sell, you still need to pay in few days. you may need Japanese friends do that of you. hope other websites accept non-jpn credit because that is international competition not shows.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:03 am

Thanks let's talk and shikure for your information.

It's good to know that there will be a separate pool of tickets for foreign residents. I hope it won't be too difficult to proceed for you sweetdream. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:00 am

linglang wrote:

Because figure skating is very popular in Japan now and there are ticket brokers who illegally make money out of popular tickets,

When I went to see GPF2009 held in Tokyo,
(as I was lucky enough to be able to get the tickets at general sale)
they were offering tickets at half the prices near the arena.
You know, Mao did not participate in that event Depressed Crying   
they must have been very disappointed about it in a different way than we were Wink
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:59 am

A big thanks to you guys:flower: . I'm also planning to go to Tokyo this November to watch NHK Trophy. I've worked my butt off for the last few months and finally I have enough money to do this. cat I've just studied Japanese for a few months (enough to buy something Very Happy ).
Can anyone give me the link about where to buy tickets for NHK Trohpy?
I've never gone to a figure skating my whole life. Hopefully I'll survive the first show anxiety.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:16 am

pearlyriver wrote:
A big thanks to you guys:flower: . I'm also planning to go to Tokyo this November to watch NHK Trophy. I've worked my butt off for the last few months and finally I have enough money to do this. cat I've just studied Japanese for a few months (enough to buy something Very Happy ).
I've never gone to a figure skating my whole life. Hopefully I'll survive the first show anxiety.
For oversea customers: http://www.nhk2013.jp/eng/index.php

For Japan residents: http://www.nhk2013.jp/ticket.php
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:32 pm

let`s talk wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
For oversea customers:  http://www.nhk2013.jp/eng/index.php

Thanks let's talk for the info!!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:18 pm

let`s talk wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
For oversea customers:  http://www.nhk2013.jp/eng/index.php

Thank you so much. You save my life. Dance
But why aren't there buying options for stand A, B, C and S?
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:01 am

sweetdream wrote:
I'll keep a look out on the GPF website! Any idea when the site would be up?
GPF schedule and ticket price info:
http://l-tike.com/sports/figure-gpf/
Info about purchasing tickets will be available on the official site here, from September:
http://www.gpf2013japan.jp/
Event location:
http://www.marinemesse.or.jp/messe/
GPF English-speaking service for telephone enquiries, 9am-6pm JST:
+81-3-5405-8686 (for overseas customers)
http://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2013_Figure/GPF/GPF13_summary_information.pdf

Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:25 am

Thank you let's talk for the ticket info!!
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:19 am

let`s talk wrote:
sweetdream wrote:
I'll keep a look out on the GPF website! Any idea when the site would be up?
GPF schedule and ticket price info:
http://l-tike.com/sports/figure-gpf/

Info about purchasing tickets will be available on the official site here, from September:
http://www.gpf2013japan.jp/
Event location:
http://www.marinemesse.or.jp/messe/
GPF English-speaking service for telephone enquiries, 9am-6pm JST:
+81-3-5405-8686 (for overseas customers)
http://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2013_Figure/GPF/GPF13_summary_information.pdf

Thank you so much for the info!! <: -bows- thank you thank you! (and I'm one more step closer to reality whee!!) Can't wait till the english website goes online!! Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:59 am

Re:  NHK Trophy

I tried to get tickets at the exact time when they were released
but failed (ie they were sold out in a moment) today. Shocked Bawling 

2013/2014 GPF Tickets Nhk20010
2013/2014 GPF Tickets Nhk20_10
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 am

silenceisgolden wrote:

2013/2014 GPF Tickets Nhk20010
2013/2014 GPF Tickets Nhk20_10
oh my goodness! It's that hard to get tickets?!?!?!? O: blimey
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:04 am

silenceisgolden wrote:

Same here, the site for overseas sale didn't seem to be active at all and according to comments my Japanese friend read on some forums, the tickets were completely sold out in about 4 minutes!
I exepcted quite a fight but this is just insane!!!

And I was about getting ready to fly all the way to Japan from Europe just to see Mao and Dai while they are still active.

Seems the only way to get tickets is through Yahoo auction from resellers for at least double the price and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to support that.
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:30 am

kawaiimao wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:

Same here, the site for overseas sale didn't seem to be active at all and according to comments my Japanese friend read on some forums, the tickets were completely sold out in about 4 minutes!
I exepcted quite a fight but this is just insane!!!

And I was about getting ready to fly all the way to Japan from Europe just to see Mao and Dai while they are still active.

Seems the only way to get tickets is through Yahoo auction from resellers for at least double the price and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to support that.
Oh man! I always thought that overseas and local sales were like separate so that overseas fans can still watch! Sad eek! ><
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:32 am

Really? That's too bad!
I thought they have special reserve of tickets for fans living outside Japan.

I don't want to use Yahoo auction, either.
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:48 am

Ohman, I hope this is not imposing on anyone ): but if someone could help me decipher this PDF, it would be most helpful! (Google translate stops at only translating websites... ._.)
http://www.gpf2013japan.jp/common/pdf/ticket-schedule.pdf

and by the way silenceisgold were the tickets sold out during pre-release or during the general release date?
and by the way
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:10 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Really? That's too bad!

I thought that too but I got the feeling the website for oveseas sale didn't work at all.
I tried to buy tickets online (not figure skating tickets) before, so I know it may get crowded, the page doesn't load etc. but this time there was no change at all from the situation before the sale started.
I clicked "buy tickes here" but I only got shifted to a different part of the same page but not to the place where I could at least attempt to buy the tickets.

I can't imagine how anyone outside Japan could get them.

I even spent about 20 min. talking to someone at the calling center, but they had no idea about the overseas sale either and couldn't give me any info about who I should contact.

I really want to see Mao live at least once at all costs.
So I'm wondering, shall I take a risk with some of these resellers or try again for Nats with little chance of getting anything again?
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:08 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:
Really? That's too bad!

I thought that too but I got the feeling the website for oveseas sale didn't work at all.
I tried to buy tickets online (not figure skating tickets) before, so I know it may get crowded, the page doesn't load etc. but this time there was no change at all from the situation before the sale started.
I clicked "buy tickes here" but I only got shifted to a different part of the same page but not to the place where I could at least attempt to buy the tickets.

I can't imagine how anyone outside Japan could get them.

I even spent about 20 min. talking to someone at the calling center, but they had no idea about the overseas sale either and couldn't give me any info about who I should contact.

So I'm wondering, shall I take a risk with some of these resellers or try again for Nats with little chance of getting anything again?
I know right! Me too, it's probably the last and only time with my schedule that I can see Mao (and all of my other favourite Mens & Dance skaters) so it would be so heart breaking to not get tickets!! ):

And a show is just not the same! it's a competition that makes it cooler? o: HEH. Good luck Kawaiimao! ): hope things work out for you in the end!!
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 am

sweetdream wrote:
Ohman, I hope this is not imposing on anyone ): but if someone could help me decipher this PDF, it would be most helpful! (Google translate stops at only translating websites... ._.)
http://www.gpf2013japan.jp/common/pdf/ticket-schedule.pdf

and by the way silenceisgold were the tickets sold out during pre-release or during the general release date?
and by the way
Re:  GPF
The chart shows the advance sales schedule for members of Lawson Ticket.
About Lawson, see the linglang's post on the first page.

August 31 was the first day of  the general release.Yep, Sadly 

kawaiimao wrote:

Maybe this situation is the reason why they choose the arena in Saitama prefecture
for Nationals 2013 and Worlds 2014 instead of Yoyogi Arena which is very convenient
to go for everyone as it is located roughly in the center of Tokyo but has lesser capacity.
(Yoyogi Arena 13,243 vs. Saitama Super Arena 27,000:wow: )
Skaters must look like dots unless we can get lower seats at SSA.
I guess an atmosphere would be great, though ...
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:16 am

I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to get tickets for NHK, silenceisgolden.

I was going to bid for a 4-day ticket @GPF tonight only to find out that I had to be an LEncore member, which means I had to have LAWSOn's credit card with the payment of annual fee of 1,575 yen. I should've checked it and got ready when let's talk gave us the ticket information.  I don't mind having another credit card and paying annual fee if it's sure that I will get a 4-day ticket.  But it's drawing, it's not guaranteed. After a long hard working day, I was already tired and then I found out I was stupid enough that I didn't do any checking on ticket sales beforehand ... and I'm so exhausted now.  Unconscious 

Well I will try on Sept 4 when ticket sale (drawing) will start for non LEncore members, but I wonder if they differentiate bidders in the first window from the second. (Sure the former pay extra to the ticket dealer) Faint2Snow 

I don't understand why GPF has to be used to endorse a certain company's credit card membership increase. No 

Sorry for grumbling ... Depressed Crying

And, I've just searched NHK ticket at Yahoo auction.  There were so many tickets on the market already.  I think there should be some solutions in place already to get rid of ticket resalers if we are living in the technologically advanced ear. Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013/2014 GPF Tickets
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next