Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013/2014 GPF Tickets

Go down 
+7
kawaiimao
pearlyriver
silenceisgolden
shikure
let`s talk
linglang
sweetdream
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Oh man, Good luck ling lang it sure is hard to navigate the system! Especially for me! being confused so many many times eeks!! D: hahaah I just read somewhere that general release is on october 20? (whereas someone stated that it's in Sept) so now i'm incredibly confused on whats going on! ><

Blimey the woes of not learning Japanese sigh.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:06 am

linglang wrote:

And, I've just searched NHK ticket at Yahoo auction.  There were so many tickets on the market already.  I think there should be some solutions in place already to get rid of ticket resalers if we are living in the technologically advanced ear. Very Mad
How much are the resold tickets? I know buying them is like feeding the resellers, but it's Mao's last season and it's also the most convenient time and place for me to go, so I don't mind shelling out more money Sad 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:16 am

sweetdream, yes general release is on Oct. 20.  According to the pdf you posted earlier (http://www.gpf2013japan.jp/common/pdf/ticket-schedule.pdf), pre ticket sale is scheduled to start on Sept. 29th (through other ticket dealers such as Ticket Pia, I assume).  I don't know when they will announce the date of ticket release for overseas residents.  I hope they will reserve decent number of tickets for overseas fans because it's GPF.

pearlyriver, I've just checked the site again and did a sort by "buy it now" price.  It ranged from 98,000 yen for four Stand B tickets, 80,000 yen for two S tickets, some 50,000 yen for one SS ticket, two Stand C tickets, etc. and to many 25,000-35,000 yen ...

Since I've never bought tickets on auction, I'm not quite sure if it's safe to purchase from them. silent  But, same as you, I really, really want to see Mao skate at competition live and GPF is most convenient time and place for me. Neutral  I may consider buying from them if I failed to get a ticket. sigh ...
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 8:58 am

お疲れさまでした!  Otsukaresama-deshita and good luck, linglang!

linglang wrote:

And, I've just searched NHK ticket at Yahoo auction.  There were so many tickets on the market already.
Mad 

It seems the only alternative for me is walk-up tickets, if there are any ... Worship
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm

linglang wrote:
sweetdream, yes general release is on Oct. 20.  According to the pdf you posted earlier (http://www.gpf2013japan.jp/common/pdf/ticket-schedule.pdf), pre ticket sale is scheduled to start on Sept. 29th (through other ticket dealers such as Ticket Pia, I assume).  I don't know when they will announce the date of ticket release for overseas residents.  I hope they will reserve decent number of tickets for overseas fans because it's GPF.

pearlyriver, I've just checked the site again and did a sort by "buy it now" price.  It ranged from 98,000 yen for four Stand B tickets, 80,000 yen for two S tickets, some 50,000 yen for one SS ticket, two Stand C tickets, etc. and to many 25,000-35,000 yen ...

Since I've never bought tickets on auction, I'm not quite sure if it's safe to purchase from them. silent  But, same as you, I really, really want to see Mao skate at competition live and GPF is most convenient time and place for me. Neutral  I may consider buying from them if I failed to get a ticket. sigh ...
Linglang, thanks for your information Thank you! . I always thought that skating events in Japan are very well-organized Whirly How can they let so many resellers on the black market?
What a pain Suspect . I'd rather they charge ridiculously for the ticket than having to go through this.
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:58 am

Is it safe to buy the resold tickets?
I mean once you get it, will they let you in?

I heard there are some random checks during concerts etc. on whether the ticket holder is the same person who purchased it.
Does this apply to figure skating competitions too?

I feel desperate enough to be considering this option but I'm not sure if it's wise to buy such an expesive ticket and fly to the other end of the world only to be denied access to the arena.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 am

linglang wrote:
NHK organizers are either the most moronic morons or someone in power Fried  got his share from 'reselling' for putting the most ridiculous ticket price possible Bad idea! . For the first bowl it's 10k-7k yen, while the usual market price that fs fans normally pay is around 20k (19k for JO, 17k-18k for GPF, etc.). Paying between 20k-29k for top seats 'on ice' in ice shows is perfectly normal. The second bowl is usually between 6-10k, seats sticking to the ceiling often go for 7k-8k (GPF, ice shows, a little less for JO due to the hugest capacity of the arena). Here we have all second bowl under 5k with the lowest price of 2k. What kind of money is it for Japan? Some movie ticket or 30-minutes foot massage in near-the-station shop? Of course this time brokers saw the goldest mine ever, where they could not just double but sell stuff for much more times of its official price tag Monies . Setting the price that is considerably lower its market value is no way right and the rest you know. Also, the poor application of law basically turned tickets into stocks, which is not even near being legal, but no one cares. As the result- a consumer is the one who get screwed. Bawling 

I took part in all pre-sale lotteries available, and won nothing, which is odd scratch . I usually win at least one ticket (in JO top seat, two of 4 desired tickets for FrOI, etc.). This time- negative in all agencies. I wasn't available at 12:00 on Saturday when the sales started. When I reached the Net at around 3pm, I saw what happened Yikes!!! . I don't like Yahoo Auction because I am bored with every-second bidding, waiting, and possibly losing just because someone else paid 500 yen more, or because the seller withdrew the offer due to his unsatisfied greed. I don't have time for this crap. I went to www.ticket.co.jp where they resell tickets for fixed price, and made a deal. I overpaid almost three times for the first bowl ticket for Nov 8 and more than three but less than 4 for Nov 9. At that moment tickes were way much more available 'to order' than you can see now, and on Yahoo Auctions as well. Brokers partly were still 'testing' how it goes Money . Now almost all tickets for the first bowl are gone and those that are left go for the prices Linglang described. I didn't buy a ticket for Nov 10, still hoping that tickets might show up in the ticket offices (stupid me), but the situation seems dead. So a few hours ago I bought SS ticket for 10th for basically a bargain- overpaing only 1.4 times (14k for 10K ticket). Someone call it 'black market'? Yeah, it's a perfectly right name for them. But the confusing part is I didn't buy the tickets from the dude on the street corner Escape . The dealer has a fancy address in Roppongi, obviosuly the financial authority to authorize my credit card upon my payment, etc. And the goverment probably got tax from this deal. There is no reason that such a buyer could be denied to enter the arena. Don't worry, Kawaiimao, I never witness anything of that. Besides, every official agency (not resellers) allows to buy up to 4 tickets, i.e. at least +3 people who enter the arena officially can be 'not purchaser'. The problem in your case is that the reseller I used requires you to have a Japanese address to register, and to deliver the ticket. They specifically say that. I was under the impression that having a reseved ticket pool for overseas fans is some kind of mandatory requirement for ISU events. Well. How much I know Sad, Lonely . As for organizers's attitude you described, after what story I told here, I think you understand why they don't give a crap about some Euro girl trying to see Mao live. Depressed Crying 

Linglang, my ticket for 8th arrived yesterday by registered post, safe and sound, in a beige envelope with the address of the agency on the back, inside was the ticket itself, no paper receipt. You'll have credit card records, and their e-mails where they will actually inform you of each step by separate e-mail: order stage, payment stage, shipment stage, etc., at least that was in my case. My ticket for 9th arrived today when nobody was home. I found the post office notification in the postbox when I get home, so I'll get the ticket 'in hands' tomorrow after re-delivery. And my ticket for Nov 10th is scheduled to be shipped on Sep 7th. It's perfectly safe to buy from them if you are ready to deal. Good luck!

With tickets, I can sleep well. Zzzz Now my main concer is that I'll likely be late for both 8th and 9th, which means I have to miss Pairs on 9th, and it pisses me off. So, I'll have to apply some magic to clear up my schedule Whirly . But Dai and Mao- out of question. I'll be there long time before they show up. Why the heck else I would have gone through the filthy stuff that I described above. GO! king  & queenCheering Dance
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 12:24 pm

^Holy cow, I never new getting tickets for skating competitions in Japan is that difficult.Unconscious  Let's talk, you went through quite an ordeal.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:36 pm

I thought Japanese organizers are very professional. I didn't even imagine that they let 'black market' to happen in ISU events. But I think I'm desperate enough to buy from Yahoo auctions. After all, it's Mao's last season. I'm from a puny tiny country and there's almost no way I'll get to see Mao after her retirement.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:40 am

Thank you so much for the detailed information, let's talk.

I've just visited the dealer's site that you mentioned. Wow ... it's so huge, I mean, I did a sort by price and at the bottom of the page it said total 300 something pages. :shock:Well, one page has about 50 offers or so ... how many tickets are put on this black market? affraid  It's a shocker.   WOW! 

Oh well, it doesn't make sense. It does exceed the seating capacity. I really don't get what's going on... But I'm sure that Japanese organizers are bull***t.  Disappointed 

I've applied for the GPF tickets and the website said they may print the name of purchasers on tickets.  But, I agree with let's talk. I think they give this warning just for gesture. Nothing will happen.  I've heard similar rumor, kawaiimao, before, but it's about concerts of Arashi. Arashi fans buy tickets through the fan club and the tickets have purchasers' names on them.  There are random checks at gate and even inside the hall that officers come to your seat and ask you to show your ticket.  If you do not have a proper ticket, you will be asked go out.  Then, they stick a notice on your seat which says resale tickets are not allowed.  I've actually seen the photo of notice on twitter.  But I'm not sure if it's a genuine or fake one.  As you know, there are many prank photos on twitter. silent
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:23 am

linglang wrote:
I did a sort by price and at the bottom of the page it said total 300 something pages. :shock:Well, one page has about 50 offers or so ... how many tickets are put on this black market?
It's about all tickets, I mean all tickets for all events that this site has. Better look at direct 'NHK Trophy' part there, which now has 345 offers in total for all three days (130- Nov 8th, 93- 9th, 122- 10th): http://www.ticket.co.jp/sys/search.php?com=init&ki=4902
I am very curious why resellers sites exist so comfortably and no authority does anything about that. No
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:18 am

Thank you let's talk. I just revisited the site and found that I mistook 300+ items for 300+ pages.  My eyes are getting old. Embarassed 

I looked up wikipedia about ticket scalper and it says that purchasing tickets for the purpose of resale and putting them on the resale market is prohibited by ordinance of prefectures.  Of 47 prefectures, 39 have ordinances in place as of 2009 to ban the ticket scalper business.  Shocked I though it was prohibited by a national law ... Suspect No
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Just got my NHK tickets YAY!!!

Thank you all, especially let's talk, for the info and tips.

So now I just need to get the air tickets and pray that everything is ok at work.

Let the crazy adventure begin!Cheering Dance Cheering 
I mean I have never been to a senior international competition before and now I'm going to NHK one week and to Trophee Eric Bombard the next.

Would love to meet some of you Mao Forumers there if you're going.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:27 pm

kawaiimao wrote:

So now I just need to get the air tickets and pray that everything is ok at work.

I mean I have never been to a senior international competition before and now I'm going to NHK one week and to Trophee Eric Bombard the next.

OMG, this is awesome! I'm so jealous, to be honest. Please, please, please, write reports.Worship 
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 6:21 am

kawaiimao wrote:

Confetti  Congratulations! More Mao fans Cheering !
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 7:19 am

kawaiimao wrote:

Congrats!! Very Happy:D:D Yay!! Very Happy:D:D:D

Anyway so how did you get your tickets in the end!

(and here I wait and ponder the day to come.... 20 oct 20 oct....)
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 7:55 am

Congratulations!! You are so lucky kawaiimao that you can see NHK and Eric Bombard live!!

Good luck to you sweetdream.  I didn't win 4-day ticket Unconscious and now praying for winning single day tickets. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 9:26 am

The first info about tickets for Japanese Nationals showed up:
http://www.kyodotokyo.com/82thfigure
http://www.kyodotokyo.com/moi2013
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:11 am

Thank you, I will try to write some reports, if everything works out.Very Happy 

In the end I got my tickets via ticket.co.jp that let's talk suggested.
First we wanted to try the yahoo auction but the registration procedure was so complicated that before my friend finally got to use the site, all the interesting tickets were gone.

Ticket.co.jp was very convenient and we got our tickets immediately.

Of course none of this would have been possible if I hadn't had a wonderful Japanese friend who took care of everything despite having no interest or experience with figure skating.

I find this a little bit strange. I mean, shouldn't everyone be able to get tickets regardless of where they live?scratch

Good luck to everyone fighting for the GPF or Nationals tickets!Good luck! 

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:23 am

Wow it sounds like it was quite a fight, to get those tickets. I hope the tickets to TEB will be easier to get pale 
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:44 am

ballerinamao wrote:
Wow it sounds like it was quite a fight, to get those tickets. I hope the tickets to TEB will be easier to get pale 
Are you planning to go to TEB?
The tickets have been on sale for a while now.

http://www.bercy.fr/programme/sport/1395/Patinage_Troph%C3%A9e_Eric_BOMPARD

I was able to get those easily.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:16 am

kawaiimao wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Are you planning to go to TEB?
The tickets have been on sale for a while now.

http://www.bercy.fr/programme/sport/1395/Patinage_Troph%C3%A9e_Eric_BOMPARD

I was able to get those easily.
I am strongly considering going there, but it will all depend on whether I will find a flight ticket that's cheap enough!
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:05 pm

I see! Congrats kawaiimao

Meanwhile... clicking on that site you mentioned and hearing how it's for people living in Japan.... heart falls a little....
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 8:25 am

*sigh* Do keep us posted on how the competition was ok? I soooo badly wanna go to JO (but no leave) and NHK. Unfortunately, I think my boss' wife will be giving birth around that time (overheard him say) and looks like I'm gonna be the one left in the office. GPF... leave not allowed during that time. My only hope is to try for Worlds but I hope my faves will still compete there. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Does anyone know roughly how much are the tickets at 4CC in Taipei?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 GPF Tickets   2013/2014 GPF Tickets - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013/2014 GPF Tickets
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next