Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Skate America

Go down 
+47
dangerous_angel_face
CraZsk8r
ilovethai
Asada_Rising
sweetdream
KariDebate
kawaiimao
aoi88
inskate
supportmaoasada
kitty
ElleluvsL
Afsfan
apple4me
illani
l-spiralmao
Mao2012
Abdiel
europeanfan
polly10
klarification
BowbowDaijin
AmazingGraceMao
Czarace
qingshui
pearlyriver
chapis
polosatik
PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Haidogirl
roma
shar
let`s talk
COHK
Ken Himura
ballerinamao
sapphiresky
Dilemma
Mao_Asada_sunrise
hazelq
zarinaballerina
chiyori
silenceisgolden
josling
Alokya
linglang
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

2013 Skate America - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:56 am

Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:
Yes, Mao looks really good in her purple costume but I think she looks awesome in red.

2013 Skate America - Page 3 14fbd1ff5bd0710a4a3dfa97fd6f522c

More pics here which must be from a new CM:
http://www.wws-channel.com/news/lotte_20131017/
OMG love this! She looks so flawless!
Lol and Ghana has been always my favorite of her CMs *points at her profile pic*
sunny
The completed CM is included here in this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FV0DuaBTFg&feature=youtu.be
(NB: There's behind the scene, the interview and then the CM starts at around 4:20. We get to see Mao skating to part of the Nocturne in the red dress! Smile )
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:04 am

COHK wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:
Yes, Mao looks really good in her purple costume but I think she looks awesome in red.

Lol and Ghana has been always my favorite of her CMs *points at her profile pic*
sunny
(NB: There's behind the scene, the interview and then the CM starts at around 4:20. We get to see Mao skating to part of the Nocturne in the red dress! Smile )

Waah~ Thank you! Many Hearts 
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:09 am

Haidogirl wrote:
COHK wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:

sunny
Waah~ Thank you! Many Hearts 
I know this sounds naive, but I'm still amazed at how popular Mao is in Japan!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 am

pearlyriver wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Btw, I like Mao in purple too just as Dani-Chan, but I of hope she'd stick to the blue dress for her FP. Wearing purple for the SP is fine. But being coached by Nobuo Sato, prepared to skate to a Rach2 FP wearing purple, I kind of think that may be bad luck...since there was a certain female skater who match the exact profile in Turin who missed the podium. I know it won't happen, but of all skaters I'd never want Mao to end up like her for various reasons.Lips sealed
Which skater do you mean? Fumie Suguri and Kimmie Meissner placed 4th and 5th respectively but they didn't wear purple. The rest were not even close to being medal contenders. I also like Mao wearing blue dress for her FP. She looks strong and powerful in blue.
This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtF8SMGMeLQ

Sato, Rach2, purple, ending in 4th...which eventually made her totally obsessive about Olys, ruining the good reputation she used to have. She's still competing it seems, but most of our media have stopped writing articles on her as if she doesn't exist anymore. It's simply painful to see how she made things turn out for herself. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:09 am

This red dress is my favourite version, I still wish that the bodice wouldn't be so loose, but Mao looks amazing in red. Love 

Haidogirl wrote:

The normal Eurosport will only broadcast ice dance HELLO?? Very Mad 
For now, it looks like Eurosport (international) is going to broadcast the second group of ladies free program. I hope though, that eurosport will stick to it's schedule and won't replace skating with stupid tennis or bundesliga footbal (soccer), like they did last year. pale

Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:52 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

This red dress is my favourite version, I still wish that the bodice wouldn't be so loose, but Mao looks amazing in red. Love 
I think they did something about the upper part being too lose after THE ICE show in Osaka a bit. As you, I thought it was too loose, but when I saw her wearing it in COI, it didn't bother me at all.

This red version was probably made only for the Lotte Ghana chocolate commercials. They did the same thing with Shizuka, Fumie and Miki before Turin.

Shizuka: https://www.youtube.com/v/sft3O7G1qvM

Fumie: https://www.youtube.com/v/044YSvke-ck

Miki: https://www.youtube.com/v/L5YH1TzdJtE

Here's the making vid of the cm with a short interview and the completed new cm in the end.

Mao says there that she's not such a good Eng speaker, but she and the other foreign skaters dance to music, take photos and communicate with eachother backstage. She also said: 1.shooting commercials in rinks relaxes her more than when they do so in studios cause it's easier for her to move(skate) around, 2. she is focusing on doing her best this season at the moment, 3.she considers what type of dresses will fit the music she's using, but she'd like to try out wearing all different kinds of costumes (yes, do that Mao, plz!), 4.that cheers from the audience and letters from her fans encourage her alot, 5. her goal is to deliver the best performances ever in Olys, but she also wishes to perform the best she can in each of the competitions coming up ('Best performance ever!!' is what she wrote on the board). I might've missed some stuff, but that's mostly what she said.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:03 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

This:

Sato, Rach2, purple, ending in 4th...which eventually made her totally obsessive about Olys, ruining the good reputation she used to have. She's still competing it seems, but most of our media have stopped writing articles on her as if she doesn't exist anymore. It's simply painful to see how she made things turn out for herself. Sad
Oopa, my vacabulary of color words is very limited. I thought it was a lilac dress:oops: Sorry that things turn out that way for Fumie. She could haven been a fabulour pro skater. I enjoy a lot of her show performances.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:32 am

pearlyriver wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

This:

Oopa, my vacabulary of color words is very limited. I thought it was a lilac dress:oops: Sorry that things turn out that way for Fumie. She could haven been a fabulour pro skater. I enjoy a lot of her show performances.
Me too. I liked many of her performances when she was at her peak. I still respect and appreciate her for that.

Mao will most likely be sticking to her dark blue dress for Rach2 in Olys anyway, since Tat made it for her, and they used the motif of a flower which Mao's mother liked on Mao's request, thankfully. sunny
Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:46 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Mao says there that she's not such a good Eng speaker, but she and the other foreign skaters dance to music, take photos and communicate with eachother backstage. She also said: 1.shooting commercials in rinks relaxes her more than when they do so in studios cause it's easier for her to move(skate) around, 2. she is focusing on doing her best this season at the moment, 3.she considers what type of dresses will fit the music she's using, but she'd like to try out wearing all different kinds of costumes (yes, do that Mao, plz!), 4.that cheers from the audience and letters from her fans encourage her alot, 5. her goal is to deliver the best performances ever in Olys, but she also wishes to perform the best she can in each of the competitions coming up ('Best performance ever!!' is what she wrote on the board). I might've missed some stuff, but that's mostly what she said.
I hope Mao can help Taka choose a better costume for his long program.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 am

Pochi, thanx so much for summarizing what she said in the commercial shoot.Thank you! 

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Mao will most likely be sticking to her dark blue dress for Rach2 in Olys anyway, since Tat made it for her, and they used the motif of a flower which Mao's mother liked on Mao's request, thankfully sunny .
I didn't know about the flower. No wonder Mao likes this costume so much. I think it's perfect for Olys.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 am

qingshui wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I hope Mao can help Taka choose a better costume for his long program.
Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:46 am

Any news on how Mao's practice went, or are practice sessions closed to the public?

Since ISU hasn't bothered to update their entries/result page for SA, here's the event schedule:

http://www.2013skateamerica.com/event-info/event-schedule/
Back to top Go down
Czarace

Czarace

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:35 am

Lynn Rutherford said Mao didn't practice this morning.
Back to top Go down
http://theczarisalive.blogspot.com
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:56 am

Czarace wrote:
Hope everything is alright.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Czarace wrote:
Thank you for the update.

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
Hope everything is alright.
She often doesn't practice on the first day, but since she's already in the USA, I thought she's going to show up. She's probably still at the Detroit skating club. You're allowed to practice elsewhere, as long as you don't get official credentials.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:58 pm

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20131018/fig13101805020000-n1.html

The article quoted Mr. Sato "(Her condition) is the best ever concerning the beginning of a season." She also succeeded 3As at practices.

Dance Cheering Go Mao!  Take it easy and you will make it!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:24 pm

linglang wrote:
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20131018/fig13101805020000-n1.html

The article quoted Mr. Sato "(Her condition) is the best ever concerning the beginning of a season." She also succeeded 3As at practices.

Dance Cheering Go Mao!  Take it easy and you will make it!! Cheering
Thanks... I am relived.flower 
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 pm

roma wrote:

OHMYGOD Unconscious Unconscious Worship Worship  she looks flawless.

I am ok with her keeping the blue for FS like Pochi said, and I understand the superstition around the color on Olympic seasons. I just wish she changed the JO one, but well since it means a lot to her, there's no problem. Dance 

wow that red version of the SP dress kind of blew me away....I might like it as much as the original light purple one ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO
omg I want her to wear it, I love it in both colors. Bawling
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:54 pm

From Lynn Rutherford: Daisuke Takahashi practicing quad flips, have not seen him hit one. His planned content only lists quad toe
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:57 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
From Lynn Rutherford: Daisuke Takahashi practicing quad flips, have not seen him hit one. His planned content only lists quad toe
Snow 
Cheering Cheering I belive in you, Dai. You can do it!!!! Cheering Cheering 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Snow 
Hang in there Dai!! Cheering Cheering Cheering 
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Actually I think I read it too fast, it's quad flip Razz Razz he probably is just practicing, I don't think he is planning one in his programs. I hope his 4ts are in good shape. You will rock, Dai. Rockstar

Last edited by Dani-Chan on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Snow 
Come on Dai, we know you can do it!  cheers cheers cheers 

affraid Dani-Chan...you stole my Mao avatar.  lol!

Last edited by shar on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:09 pm

ISU results page
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2013/

Starting order (Local time)

Men SP Oct. 18, 19:00-
1   Max AARON   USA
2   Adam RIPPON   USA
3   Artur GACHINSKI   RUS
4   Alexander MAJOROV   SWE
5   Jason BROWN   USA  
6   Takahiko KOZUKA   JPN
7   Tatsuki MACHIDA   JPN
8   Daisuke TAKAHASHI   JPN

Ice Dance Oct. 18, 20:40
1   Cathy REED / Chris REED   JPN
2   Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS   LTU
3   Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE   USA
4   Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES   FRA
5   Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV   AZE
6   Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI   USA
7   Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE   ITA
8   Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE   USA

Pair SP Oct. 19, 12:00-
1   Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY   USA
2   Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO   CAN
3   Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR   USA
4   Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN   USA
5   Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV   RUS
6   Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH   CAN
7   Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK   ITA
8   Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV   RUS

Ladies SP Oct. 19, 13:30-
1   Caroline ZHANG   USA
2   Samantha CESARIO   USA
3   Elena RADIONOVA      RUS
4   Elene GEDEVANISHVILI   GEO
5   Mae Berenice MEITE   FRA
6   Valentina MARCHEI   ITA
7   Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA   RUS
8   Viktoria HELGESSON   SWE
9   Ashley WAGNER   USA
10   Mao ASADA   JPN

I will copy and paste this post in the first post of this thread. Very Happy 

Last edited by linglang on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:13 pm

shar wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Snow 
Come on Dai, we know you can do it!  cheers cheers cheers 

affraid Dani...you stole my Mao avatar.  lol! 
Haha, as soon as I saw the pic I wanted to use it for my avatar too. lol! 
Dani-chan just beat everyone. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Skate America
Page 3 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next