Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NHK Trophy 2013

Go down 
+39
maofan93
Lelya
agathrine
ElleluvsL
supportmaoasada
Ken Himura
europeanfan
illani
Afsfan
maosukefan
BounceAround
Hotaru
BowbowDaijin
itsonlykat
sweetdream
josling
ballerinamao
Alokya
KariDebate
ilovethai
l-spiralmao
chiyori
inskate
hazelq
sapphiresky
polosatik
zarinaballerina
let`s talk
roma
shar
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chapis
silenceisgolden
AmazingGraceMao
Dani-Chan
pearlyriver
Haidogirl
COHK
linglang
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Yes, that's Japan time.  Very Happy 
As always, NHK covers all the games live!! cheers (All the figure skating competition broadcasting should be delegated to NHK. geek )
I'm not sure how the competition will be aired outside of Japan though. silent 

Broadcasting schedule (Japan Time)
Nov. 8, Fri
14:50-16:05 (Live) Pairs SP @NHK BS1
16:05-17:57 (Live) Men SP @NHK G
19:00-19:30 (Live) Ladies SP @NHK BS1
19:30-20:45 (Live) Ladies SP @NHK G

Nov. 9, Sat
12:00-13:50 (Live) Dance SD @NHK BS1
13:50-18:00 (Live) Pairs FS & Men FS @NHK G
19:00-19:30 (Live) Ladies FS @NHK BS1
19:30-21:15 (Live) Ladies FS @NHK G

Nov. 10, Sun
13:05-17:00 (Live) Dance FD & EX @NHK G

http://www.nhk2013.jp/eng/index.php
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:03 pm

NHK has created a webpage where competition photos will be posted:
http://www.jsfresults.com/InterNational/2013-2014/nhk/index.htm

I'm also looking forward to "Yutaka's Room" Razz
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:08 pm

British Eurosport will broadcast NHK Trophy
Nov.8, Fri
17:00 Men's short
18:00 Short pairs
19:00 Ladies Short

Nov. 9, Sat
17:30 Free pairs
18:00 Men's free
19:00 Ladies' free

Nov. 10, Sun
00:30 Men's free
1:00 Ladies' free

All are Britain local time (GMT 0). No ice dance coverage Sad

Will there be any live stream from NHK?
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:56 pm

roma wrote:
Oh wait, this is in Japan so usually there's no live coverage here but are there gonna streams from Russia, British Eurosport and others?
NHK always broadcast its Trophy live http://www1.nhk.or.jp/sports2/figure/timetable/index.html Not sure where you can see it overseas though. Russian Sport will broadcats all event live, same links as I gave before. Eurosport will broadcast Men and Ladies for sure. Links are easy to find in the internet. Enjoy! cheers
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:48 am

According to the most updated ladies entries to GP by ISU(as of Nov. 4th version)
Zijun is out of NHK.

(Personally, I think this is better for her if she's not ready with her program...)
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 am

COHK wrote:
According to the most updated ladies entries to GP by ISU(as of Nov. 4th version)
Zijun is out of NHK.

(Personally, I think this is better for her if she's not ready with her program...)

Bawling Bawling Bawling Bawling 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:47 am

COHK wrote:
Zijun is out of NHK.

Is it too late for a replacement now?
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 am

Good decision for Zijun, she was terrible in Cup of China Disappointed , and her programs so boring, but I too hope is not too much late for a replacement
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:05 am

chapis wrote:
Good decision for Zijun, she was terrible in Cup of China Disappointed , and her programs so boring, but I too hope is not too much late for a replacement
I think her FP has the potential to be good, but she didn't feel it. I can't think of a program more suitable for her than Coppelia.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:14 am

pearlyriver wrote:
chapis wrote:
I think her FP has the potential to be good, but she didn't feel it. I can't think of a program more suitable for her than Coppelia.
yes, may be it was only a bad performance.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:17 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
British Eurosport will broadcast NHK Trophy
Nov.8, Fri
17:00 Men's short
18:00 Short pairs
19:00 Ladies Short

Nov. 9, Sat
17:30 Free pairs
18:00 Men's free
19:00 Ladies' free

Nov. 10, Sun
00:30 Men's free
1:00 Ladies' free

All are Britain local time (GMT 0). No ice dance coverage Sad

Will there be any live stream from NHK?
Hm, from my experience (especially after this weekend), whatever schedule Eurosport puts out there, even if it's 4 hours before the skating is supposed to start, it is never certain whether they'll actually show it. On Saturday, when they were supposed to show us the Men and Pairs LP's (from CoC) they "blessed" us with the freaking snooker and Bundesliga soccer instead. Very Mad Frustrated  And since Eurosport has decided that broadcasting Bundesliga 1 is not enough, they decided to broadcast Bundesliga 2 as well. So this means even more footbal and less skating. Bawling

COHK wrote:
Zijun is out of NHK.

While I'm sad that she won't be there I completely agree with the Chinese Fed. It's obvious, Zijun is nowhere near ready to compete, after her injury. I was wondering through her entire performance, how can a federation be so stupid, to send their best skater to compete at an ISU competition that is being held in her home country, when she isn't ready. I thought she's going to pass out from exhaustion at the middle of her LP.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

Hm, from my experience (especially after this weekend), whatever schedule Eurosport puts out there, even if it's 4 hours before the skating is supposed to start, it is never certain whether they'll actually show it. On Saturday, when they were supposed to show us the Men and Pairs LP's (from CoC) they "blessed" us with the freaking snooker and Bundesliga soccer instead. Very Mad Frustrated  And since Eurosport has decided that broadcasting Bundesliga 1 is not enough, they decided to broadcast Bundesliga 2 as well. So this means even more footbal and less skating. Bawling
British Eurosport will definitely show it. At least they did last weekend Very Happy. I'll try to post the list of livestream links here if possible. Nicky Slater's commentary is sth you can't miss sunny
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:45 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

British Eurosport will definitely show it. At least they did last weekend Very Happy. I'll try to post the list of livestream links here if possible. Nicky Slater's commentary is sth you can't miss sunny

7pm from eurosport sounds perfect for me though.. Too bad i had invited visitors for friday night Swoon 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:18 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

oh, I absolutely love Nicky and the rest of the british eurosport team of commentators.Love Hearts  but the schedule you've posted, is that the Japanese time of competition, or the time Eurosport has put out? Japan is namely 8 hours ahead of CET zone, so according to my calculation, the competition will start in the early morning, for european figure sating fans.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:38 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

oh, I absolutely love Nicky and the rest of the british eurosport team of commentators.Love Hearts  but the schedule you've posted, is that the Japanese time of competition, or the time Eurosport has put out? Japan is namely 8 hours ahead of CET zone, so according to my calculation, the competition will start in the early morning, for european figure sating fans.
It's the England local time. Although they're not broadcasting the event live, I still look forward to it since I've learned much more from the BE team than I could ever hoped from reading Goldenskate for FSuniverse.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:52 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

It's the England local time. Although they're not broadcasting the event live, I still look forward to it since I've learned much more from the BE team than I could ever hoped from reading Goldenskate for FSuniverse.
Thanx for clarifying. I don't mind watching taped skating with Nicky and the rest of the team either, they are the most objective commentators in the business, IMO.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 am

Lena got foot injury and doctors adviced her not to go to NHk trophy, but Lena refused and said she's going. I'm really afraid for her, and hope japanese fans will cheer for her! It was her dream to compete in Japan in front of Japanese audience.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:33 am

polosatik wrote:
Lena got foot injury and doctors adviced her not to go to NHk trophy, but Lena refused and said she's going. I'm really afraid for her, and hope japanese fans will cheer for her! It was her dream to compete in Japan in front of Japanese audience.
I've heard about her injury but thought not that bad because
she didn't cancel ...
I'm afraid for her, too. No 

Japanese audience will surely cheer for her!
(including me, if I could be there.)
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:56 pm

polosatik wrote:
Oh come on Lena, I adore you, but please listen to the doctors! They gave you this advise for a reason. The last thing she needs is to get such an injury that would force her out for the rest of the season, or worse.pale  She's proven herself, she's too young for Oly's anyway, so listen to freaking experts, take a rest and heal. There will be other NHK's in the future.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:49 pm

polosatik wrote:
Lena is such a lovely doll and a tough cookie. There's no reason the Japanese audiences won't cheer for her. She's such an enrichment to FS.

Just discovered that Lena has an Instagram account. It's lenok_radionova I love you 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 5:06 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Oh come on Lena, I adore you, but please listen to the doctors! They gave you this advise for a reason. The last thing she needs is to get such an injury that would force her out for the rest of the season, or worse.pale   She's proven herself, she's too young for Oly's anyway, so listen to freaking experts, take a rest and heal. There will be other NHK's in the future.
It scares me too ... going competitions against doctors advise pale 
I agree with you zarina. I hope she will not push herself too much. Worship
She will have more important competitions in the coming years.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:11 am

TLS is using that lovely photo from Ballade No. 1
for Five Things to Watch for at NHK Love Hearts 

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:21 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
TLS is using that lovely photo from Ballade No. 1
for Five Things to Watch for at NHK Love Hearts 

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/
What a beautiful profile Cloud 9 Wub Dance  . TSL seems to get sweeter and sweeter with Mao.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:39 am

This article is a preview to the NHK. Check out the header. Laughing Laughing 

http://fskating.com/2013/11/grand-prix-comes-to-worlds-best-skating-audience.html

Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Can't wait for the NHK!

Anyone know if there will be open practices (so we can get some clips)?

I hope Elena's foot will be okay- such a fighter, but don't want her to have a worse injury!

On another note- there was a comment that there may be advantage to skate a program once (like some people we know)- like at the Olympics.

On one hand, the judges see something new, and they may be giving higher scores because of this.
Seeing the same programs over and over on the Grand Prix circuit and then at the Olympics- they may score things the same.

On the other hand, a skater can get more practice and more comfortable performing their programs on the bigger stage.
I think Mao is a type of skater who would benefit from more competitions and getting more practice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHK Trophy 2013
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next