Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rostelecom Cup 2013

Go down 
+24
Mao_Asada_sunrise
aoi88
BRASILwmr
let`s talk
maosukefan
Lelya
BowbowDaijin
Lady_in_black
Alokya
sapphiresky
ballerinamao
ilovethai
AmazingGraceMao
Hotaru
sweetdream
cera
Abdiel
roma
Haidogirl
chapis
Iceriver
zarinaballerina
pearlyriver
shar
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:22 am

Wait, will judges put Julia in second? her TES is currently on 3 points higher than Caro's. Now this is going to be even more ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:23 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
122 for that program?!!!! affraid Suspect Very Mad  gag me with a teaspoon.
Don't worry, Julia will get a similar score for an even crappier performance
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:24 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I couldn't watch live. Did Carol bomb?
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:25 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
No, she wasn't good, but no bombing. She should have won.
Julia bombed big time and was rewarded with first place, making Caro missing the GPF. I hate this event, I am shaking with nerves
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:27 am

Caro out of GPF by 0.62 point Julia barely won. Though her PCS is very high, but IMO, Caro was overscored, so I think Julia deserved to win.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:30 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
No, she wasn't good, but no bombing. She should have won.
Julia bombed big time and was rewarded with first place, making Caro missing the GPF. I hate this event, I am shaking with nerves
My feed was a complete crap, but I only saw julia steping out of her 3Lu everything else appeard OK, not great but OK, but then my feed was either freezing (during Julia) or advertisement was popping up on the screen (during Caro) Very Mad  I'll wait for youtube videos.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:31 am

So 4 Russian ladies at GPF, right? It is really like the rise of clones
and the end of Asian ladies' era. By the way, this is significant for
European Championship because they lacked good lady skaters for
a long time.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:31 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Caro out of GPF by 0.62 point Julia barely won. Though her PCS is very high, but IMO, Caro was overscored, so I think Julia deserved to win.

Honestly, none deserved to win. Mirai should have won, despite her Zombi attitude the first half of the program. She put out 2 clean performances. Kanako should have won the LP. Kanako was 9 points behind Julia in PCS. It's disgusting. Carolina should have been second because Julia was over-scored both in the SP and in the LP
At least, as much as I love Caro, Elena skated much better than her and I think she deserved to go more to the GPF.
Julia is human and can feel the pressure: finally. Now you can see how "easy" it was for Adelina two seasons in a row to face the expectations of a nation.

Julia: missed the first 3Lz(step-out), mistake on the first 2A and doubled a couple more jumps...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Honestly, none deserved to win. Mirai should have won, despite her Zombi attitude the first half of the program. She put out 2 clean performances. Kanako should have won the LP. Kanako was 9 points behind Julia in PCS. It's disgusting. Carolina should have been second because Julia was over-scored both in the SP and in the LP
At least, as much as I love Caro, Elena skated much better than her and I think she deserved to go more to the GPF.
Julia is human and can feel the pressure: finally. Now you can see how "easy" it was for Adelina two seasons in a row to face the expectations of a nation.

Julia: missed the first 3Lz(step-out), mistake on the first 2A and doubled a couple more jumps...
Shocked  Thanx, like I said, I only saw the mistake on her first lutz. God I hate eurosport at the moment, for not showing LP.

I was only comparing Julia and Caro, because there was no way judges would give it to anyone else, other than these two, no matter how much they'd deserve it.

Mirai, please start selling your programs and stop looking like you're about to die. You're pulling yourself down in PCS!
I sincerely hope, that USFSA will finally open their eyes about Agnes, and will stop overscoring her at Nats. I'm not holding my breath though. International judges do not seem to like Agnes, so send someone else to Oly's, unless Agnes wins the third spot fairly.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:40 am

Protocol time: Julia landed 3 clean triples Neutral and beat a clean Kanako in PCS with more than 10 points.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:48 am

I think it's safe to say.. the Russian girls are the future of ladies figure skating at this moment.
Mao needs to be careful at the GPF. I think COR was a wake-up call for Julia.

Having said that, I'm liking Julia more and more, along with Elena.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:49 am

What did Caro wear for her FP? Still that pink superhero costume?Suspect 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:51 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Protocol time: Julia landed 3 clean triples Neutral and beat a clean Kanako in PCS with more than 10 points.
Does the last 3S marked as seq in Caro's protocol mean that she should've put it in a combo? Because if this is the case, I don't get the + goe on it. Caro has landed 3 clean triples, plus that 3S in seq, and Julia landed 3 clean triples, plus a few doubles. Both have gotten level 4 on everything, Suspect  and IMO, both were overscored.

I would've given it to Mirai and Kanako. I still don't understand Kanako's score. Even with my crappy feed, her program was stunning.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2013/gprus2013_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

pearlyriver wrote:
What did Caro wear for her FP? Still that pink superhero costume?
Laugh 

No, she wore a skin coloured leotard with a blue dress and blue bra. It's an improvement, but I still don't like it.

Last edited by zarinaballerina on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:52 am

pearlyriver wrote:
What did Caro wear for her FP? Still that pink superhero costume?Suspect 
Nope, something else, which might be considered a slight, but very slight improvement lol! 
I can't find words to describe it, but at least it was a nice blue color
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:54 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
Does the last 3S marked as seq in Caro's protocol mean that she should've put it in a combo? Because if this is the case, I don't get the + goe on it. Caro has landed 3 clean triples, plus that 3S in seq, and Julia landed 3 clean triples, plus a few doubles. Both have gotten level 4 on everything, Suspect  and IMO, both were overscored.

I would've given it to Mirai and Kanako. I still don't understand Kanako's score. Even with my crappy feed, her program was stunning.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2013/gprus2013_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
Yes, but the jump was landed well (last 3S). I am not sure, is mandatory -GOE in this case? I mean she was penalized in the base value for not doing a combo
I agree about Mirai but Kanako was too far in the SP to beat Carolina, who skated a brilliant SP (I am talking about the overall results). I would have them:

1. Mirai; 2. Carolina; 3. Julia(who was way over-scored in the SP). 4. Kanako (winning the LP)
In the end, Julia and Elena would still go to the GPF
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:59 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Yes, but the jump was landed well (last 3S). I am not sure, is mandatory -GOE in this case? I mean she was penalized in the base value for not doing a combo
I agree about Mirai but Kanako was too far in the SP to beat Carolina, who skated a brilliant SP (I am talking about the overall results). I would have them:

1. Mirai; 2. Carolina; 3. Julia(who was way over-scored in the SP). 4. Kanako (winning the LP)
In the end, Julia and Elena would still go to the GPF
I don't know the rules about seq either.

I should've made it clearer, I was talking about LP segment only. IMO, it should've been: Kanako, Mirai, Caro.

Kanako has gotten even lower PCS than Liza with two falls. Shocked  I really need to see youtube videos.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 5:12 am

Liza skated quite bad actually. She doesn't look to be in shape and I am not talking about her weight, but her overall look on the ice. She is dragging the skates, she does not extend her movements, everything looked rushed and unpolished. It's probably because of her injury though
Back to top Go down
Lelya

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 6:46 am

I`m really disappointed with judges.
What the heck.
How Julia with her poor and tiny jumps was almost 10 points ahead of Kanako and Mirai?!!!
Back to top Go down
maosukefan

maosukefan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 am

OMG this competition was just a big joke:wow:  I really liked Kovtun sp but the score is way too high and about the girls ..... Julia didn't deserved that massive score.
I'm worrying about the scores in sochi. The judges will probably overscore russian skaters Mad 
I m nervous break down about this crappy f*cking judges:taped: 
Wait and see what's going to happen at GPF. It will be a kind of repetition before the olympics:study: 
Mao and daisuke for life!!!! GO GO GOooo Panic! 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:50 am

I'm so happy that Mirai is on the podium, finally!!!

And so far, Mao is the only female skater to get 200+ score (twice) this season. Quite impressive.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:43 am

shar wrote:

And so far,  Mao is the only female skater to get 200+ score (twice) this season.  Quite impressive.
And the only one who, so far, really showed everybody she wants the gold medal and it's not afraid to really fight for it Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:
shar wrote:

And so far,  Mao is the only female skater to get 200+ score (twice) this season.  Quite impressive.
And the only one who, so far, really showed everybody she wants the gold medal and it's not afraid to really fight for it Very Happy 

And hopefully she nails her SP and FS and improves her overall scores at the GPF.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 2:41 pm

shar wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
shar wrote:

And hopefully she nails her SP and FS and improves her overall scores at the GPF.

I'm soooo looking forward to the GPF, the last two competition just felt really empty without Mao, and eventhrough it's only been two weeks since she skated, it already feels like forever. as for the scores I'm also hoping that she will get even better scores, but no matter what I'm sure Mao will deliver (like she always does) the rest will be up to the judges. I will be counting the days until the GPF will beginns Happy dance 
can't wait to see the new changes in the free Smile 

and as a side note: i'm soo happy to see Mirai finally medal, and Kanako rocking the freeskate.
Here is a hoping that Mirai will deliver at Nationals and get the third Olympic spot!

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:53 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

I'm soooo looking forward to the GPF, the last two competition just felt really empty without Mao, and eventhrough it's only been two weeks since she skated, it already feels like forever. as for the scores I'm also hoping that she will get even better scores, but no matter what I'm sure Mao will deliver (like she always does) the rest will be up to the judges. I will be counting the days until the GPF will beginns Happy dance 
can't wait to see the new changes in the free Smile 

and as a side note: i'm soo happy to see Mirai finally medal, and Kanako rocking the freeskate.
Here is a hoping that Mirai will deliver at Nationals and get the third Olympic spot!

I also can't wait to see Mao again but I must admit, that I'm also scared about the changes of her LP, especially if the changes involve a certain jump. pale 

I'm so happy for Mirai, but I'm worried that the judges will lowballed her at Nats again. Yep, Sadly 

I didn't watch the men and Ice dance, I gave up on my feed, but I see that both Kovtun and Javi kind of bombed. Depressed Crying  What the heck is going on with Javi?

And holy cow, W/P have beaten B/S in the free dance, and that on the Russian soil. Shocked Yikes!!!  B/S better figure out what's wrong ASAP, because I/K just scored over 100 points in the free at TEB. If B/S want to keep their position as Russian #1, they need to get their act together.
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:34 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
And holy cow, W/P have beaten B/S in the free dance, and that on the Russian soil. Shocked Yikes!!!  B/S better figure out what's wrong ASAP, because I/K just scored over 100 points in the free at TEB. If B/S want to keep their position as Russian #1, they need to get their act together.
And B/S were "lucky" to have  a 7 point lead after the SD IMO. I expected W/P to be above them in the FD and wasn't expecting the Canadians to score just 61 yesterday. The 70 points from Skate Canada were certainly too much, but scores this time were not fair IMO.

As for Mao...is she really going for 2 triples axels in the FS? I love her but, seriously, she should try to be objective and make up her mind. No triple-triple in the long then? It might be downgraded, but it's still worth 9 points more or less...more than an UR o slightly two-footed triple axel. I'm not saying she's not capable of doing so, but I think that going for the same strategy as Vancouver is not wise...it didn't prove to be a good decision back then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rostelecom Cup 2013
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next