Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese Nationals 2013

Go down 
+40
symbolicsmile
PochinkoPotanko
ElleluvsL
kisses
Hotaru
Asada_Rising
Czarace
tigster
Tripleaxelqueen
aoi88
BowbowDaijin
kawaiimao
maosukefan
polosatik
Mao2012
illani
AmazingGraceMao
europeanfan
itsonlykat
silenceisgolden
BounceAround
ilovethai
Iceriver
ballerinamao
tianrushui
linglang
sapphiresky
inskate
zarinaballerina
shar
chapis
l-spiralmao
supportmaoasada
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
pearlyriver
Haidogirl
mini34ans
COHK
☆Genie
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:06 am

Someone tweeted:

During/after(?) Dai's performance Stéphane was crying ...

Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 am

Mao's 3A landing was a bit shaky so she had to fight for it... but surely it was fully rotated and it wasn't even close to being two-footed. So I don't get why the TES is not over 40... unless the 3A was downgraded again like in GPF. Even then, scores are always inflated at Nationals. Are they releasing the protocol?

Last edited by ilovethai on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 am

I think a lot of people were crying or felt like crying after Dai's performance... me included.  Sad Bawling 
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:13 am

My mood after opening this thread in moticons:

Shocked  Razz Question cheers cheers Good luck! Encore Cloud 9 Wub cheers cheers Confetti Bad idea! Rockstar Drama! Yikes!!! Very Mad Bawling Sad  
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:27 am

l-spiralmao wrote:

Shocked  Razz Question cheers cheers Good luck! Encore Cloud 9 Wub cheers cheers Confetti Bad idea! Rockstar Drama! Yikes!!! Very Mad Bawling Sad  

So true!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:33 am

ballerinamao wrote:
I think sochi team will be Yuzu, Machida, and Oda

Very unlikely. Sad

Unfortunately the rules are formed in such vague way that Nobunari's medal at GPF holds no real value.
He didn't have a possiblility to catch up to top 3 in the ISU ranking because he still struggled with his injury last leason and didn't make GPF/4CC/Worlds. Because the scores at NHK were kind of stingy for Nobu, while lenient for Dai, Dai beats him on the "top 3 season PB" requirement as well.

Unless JSF is smart, wants a shot for the bronze medal and will crarify the rules (so that since Yuzuru qualified as the National gold medalist, the next GPF medalist will be considered for the team instead) Nobunari doesn't even have the chance to qualify as an alternate in case Daisuke withdraws. Sad

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:35 am

Wow didn't know that the GPF bronze didn't hold any value when JSF has to decide the team  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:40 am

Someone tweeted:

Leaving from K&C, Nobu shouted "Dai-chan gamba(re) !"
with some emotion-charged look on his face.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:44 am

Iceriver wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:

So true!

Razz 

On a more serious note, Mao was awesome, even though her jumps were a little off, and I prefer her other dresses...

Satoko was also really good, but my video was a bit choppy.

And, inskate, is it really true that Oda's GPF medal has no value?  affraid 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:48 am

inskate wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
I think sochi team will be Yuzu, Machida, and Oda

Very unlikely. Sad

Unfortunately the rules are formed in such vague way that Nobunari's medal at GPF holds no real value.
He didn't have a possiblility to catch up to top 3 in the ISU ranking because he still struggled with his injury last leason and didn't make GPF/4CC/Worlds. Because the scores at NHK were kind of stingy for Nobu, while lenient for Dai, Dai beats him on the "top 3 season PB" requirement as well.

Unless JSF is smart, wants a shot for the bronze medal and will crarify the rules (so that since Yuzuru qualified as the National gold medalist, the next GPF medalist will be considered for the team instead) Nobunari doesn't even have the chance to qualify as an alternate in case Daisuke withdraws.  Sad

I agree with you inskate.
I do love Nobu and want him to be in the team, but I doubt he will be.  I think the team will be Yuzu, Tatsuki and Dai.  I'm sure Dai will be the one who will feel most ashamed of to be selected, he wouldn't like to be selected this way, but I think he will be selected.  

It seems the scenario was laid out even before GPF when you remember the UR call on Nobu's 4T at NHK while Dai's hook was overlooked.

Well, these days there aren't true sports anymore, everything has become sports business and figures skating is a part of it of course, business people need to factor in other stakeholders than athletes who actually sweat with efforts, and those people who make money want to try to make the most of those athletes while forgetting respect to sports.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:08 am

Please let me hear that tomorrow's Olympic team:
Hanyu, Machida, Oda Asada, Suzuki, Murakami

For 4CC:
Oda, Takahashi, Kozuka Ando, Murakami, Miyahara

For World:
Hanyu, Machida, Kozuka Asada, Suzuki, Miyahara

New wave cannot wait for men's slot but they should
leave old boy as Oda in before retire. He had no chance
to prove himself last Olympic. Dai and Kozuka are not
secure enough to compete by their injury. But it will be
honored for them to go for world. (The same when Oda
was sent to World while Takahashi was sent to Olympic
in the old day.)

I think Ando Miki will be in 4th or 5th, not enough but
Japan should send her as honor too. However, Dai and
Ando may quit even World when they found that they
are not listed in Olympic team.

I think it is not fair to have Dai in Olympic team, he is
awesome and surely Japanese team's ACE but maybe
this is the time and JFS should not stuck the slot on
old skater when they have strong new skaters to secure
their medals in next Olympic.

Fortunately, Murakami and Miyahara are not good enough
for Japan to secure medals (in the case that Asada was
not good in condition.) so Suzuki Akiko might be sent.

Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:38 am

Did Amano ur Mao's 3A again?
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:50 am

aoi88 wrote:

Judging from the TES, I think so. I'm beginning to seriously, legitimately HATE that man.
That 3A did not look overtly underrotated, nor was it two-footed or anything. I feel really bad for Mao because you can tell from Mao's reaction when she saw her score that she was like... "Oh I got 73 again". I don't want her to feel helpless when she's actually doing awesome and her score should be bigger than it is.

I hope Mao scores HUGE on the FS tomorrow. If she wants to hit this homerun and send the message to everyone that she's the frontrunner for Sochi Gold, I think she should score over 210 overall. Which is not impossible. An FS score of 140, even with mistakes, should be possible since this is nationals... and if she skates clean, even way higher than 140. If the judges are gonna inflate scores like they do every year at nationals, now would be the MOST proper time to do it. If they lowball Mao tomorrow, with this being her last season and everything...   Oooo... you betta believe imma do sumthin

Last edited by ilovethai on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:56 am

aoi88 wrote:

Mao's 3A was a little bit URed and deserved a <, though I expected the technical panel wouldn't be so strict considering it is national. But you know JSF never knows how to promote their skaters...
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:00 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Mao's 3A was a little bit URed and deserved a <, though I expected the technical panel wouldn't be so strict considering it is national. But you know JSF never knows how to promote their skaters...

I think it was a little bit more UR than 90º, but quite close. However, not 180 º as some people like to say...
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:01 am

Since he can still judge at nationals, it means he is still considered part of JSF, so means he is not going to be at the Olympics. At this point, that is the only thing that makes me feel better about the whole thing. Maybe also the reason JSF doesn't really care how he is judging now, since it's a moot point if he's not going to be in Sochi.  Laughing

At this point, I don't believe it really matters to Amano the condition of Mao's 3A in reality. Her 3A in GPF SP was clearly better but it makes no difference in his marks. On the other hand, I felt the one she did today was at least as good as the one she did in the LP, which he ratified. It just makes no sense that out of all her 3A attempts, he does not ratify the one that was the best, something apparent to everyone else but him.
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:19 am

Iceriver wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

I think it was a little bit more UR than 90º, but quite close. However, not 180 º as some people like to say...

Definitely not. Haters are going to hate...
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:48 am

When will they publish the mens team?  Bawling 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:54 am

Mao 3a def was ur  Yep, Sadly  , but the rest was wonderful .
About Dai it was sad, but he deserve her place in Sochi  Yep! , sorry but Nobu was out of the picture a lot of time and he never get love of any judges, national or international, her sp was deficient. Taka was more inconsistent than Dai this season, this comp. was his best and it was not good, not as Dai in NHK, if Nobu or Taka were clean at least in this comp but they were not, sorry, they were not convincing. I am sure Dai has more opportunity to get a medal in Sochi than Nobu, Taka and even Machida.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:07 am

chapis wrote:
Mao 3a def was ur  Yep, Sadly  , but the rest was wonderful .
About Dai it was sad, but he deserve her place in Sochi  Yep! , sorry but Nobu was out of the picture a lot of time and he never get love of any judges, national or international, her sp was deficient. Taka was more inconsistent than Dai this season, this comp. was his best and it was not good, not as Dai in NHK, if Nobu or Taka were clean at least in this comp but they were not, sorry, they were not convincing. I am sure Dai has more opportunity to get a medal in Sochi than Nobu, Taka and even Machida.

chapis! There is still hope for Daisuke?
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:50 pm

I want to see Mao skate an amazing LP this time. She's already proven that she is able to skate her SP close to perfection (despite Amano's "<" at the GPF), but she still has to skate the LP to her full potential. I'm not expecting absolute perfection YET but something close to it.
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:59 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
Someone tweeted:

During/after(?) Dai's performance Stéphane was crying ...

You mean Stephane Lambiel was watching?
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 4:02 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:

And, inskate, is it really true that Oda's GPF medal has no value?  affraid 

Unfortunately, yes. Sad

The team will be chosen from:

1st spot: The winner of the Japanese Nationals. (Yuzuru)
2nd spot: Chosen between silver medalist at Nationals (Tatsuki), bronze medalist (Takahiko), highest placement at GPF (Yuzuru). Yuzuru already qualified as the National champion, Tatsuki has silver and better ISU ranking / season PB score -> Tatsuki gets the spot
3rd spot: Chosen between whoever qualified in point 2 but wasn't chosen (Takahiko), top 3 season's best score (Yuzuru, Daisuke, Tatsuki), top 3 ISU ranking (Yuzuru, Daisuke, Tatsuki). Daisuke qualifies both via ISU season PB (NHK) and ISU ranking.

I agree with linglang:

linglang wrote:

I think the team will be Yuzu, Tatsuki and Dai.  I'm sure Dai will be the one who will feel most ashamed of to be selected, he wouldn't like to be selected this way, but I think he will be selected.  

It seems the scenario was laid out even before GPF when you remember the UR call on Nobu's 4T at NHK while Dai's hook was overlooked.

Well, these days there aren't true sports anymore, everything has become sports business and figures skating is a part of it of course, business people need to factor in other stakeholders than athletes who actually sweat with efforts, and those people who make money want to try to make the most of those athletes while forgetting respect to sports.

This is so disappointing... Doubly so, because it's sad to see such a great competition marred by questionable judging (again). I think all the skaters skated the best they could today, fought for every point, and deserve an enormous standing ovation.  Daisies for you  
A golden era of Japanese men skating ended today... I'm sure new, talented skaters will appear in the future, but those are the skaters who helped raise Japanese figure skating from crappy obscure rinks into filled arenas, to build new rinks and save from closing old ones, to show that a rivalry can thrieve even in a classy, polite environment...
Thank you, Daisuke, Nobunari, Takahiko, Tatsuki, Takahito, Yuzuru and all the rest who made this an amazing event.  Thank you!  Daisies for you  Confetti  Wub 
For me, you will always be the best team ever!  Yep!
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 4:27 pm

inskate wrote:

A golden era of Japanese men skating ended today... I'm sure new, talented skaters will appear in the future, but those are the skaters who helped raise Japanese figure skating from crappy obscure rinks into filled arenas, to build new rinks and save from closing old ones, to show that a rivalry can thrieve even in a classy, polite environment...
Thank you, Daisuke, Nobunari, Takahiko, Tatsuki, Takahito, Yuzuru and all the rest who made this an amazing event.  Thank you!  Daisies for you  Confetti  Wub 
For me, you will always be the best team ever!  Yep!

Wow this was so touching  Sad . It's always hard to say goodbye, and knowing so many wonderful skaters will retire this season leaves me with a strange feeling. I try not to be sad; everything comes to an end and it's better to remember the good moments than torturing ourselves thinking that we'll never see them compete again. However, for me this is the first time I see so many of my favourite skaters retiring. I started watching this sport in 2004 but became a fan around 2006, so this is the generation of skaters that I've been watching since my very first days of a figure skating fan. I've been watching them skate for so long that the mere idea of not seeing them in competitions anymore seems strange to me. I suppose that we'll get used to seeing new faces and get to love them too, but we'll never forget these wonderful skaters!

Sorry if I sounded too dramatic
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Does anyone know whether Mao mentioned if willing to attend Worlds if she get's the assignment?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Nationals 2013
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next