Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese Nationals 2013

Go down 
+40
symbolicsmile
PochinkoPotanko
ElleluvsL
kisses
Hotaru
Asada_Rising
Czarace
tigster
Tripleaxelqueen
aoi88
BowbowDaijin
kawaiimao
maosukefan
polosatik
Mao2012
illani
AmazingGraceMao
europeanfan
itsonlykat
silenceisgolden
BounceAround
ilovethai
Iceriver
ballerinamao
tianrushui
linglang
sapphiresky
inskate
zarinaballerina
shar
chapis
l-spiralmao
supportmaoasada
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
pearlyriver
Haidogirl
mini34ans
COHK
☆Genie
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:51 am

4CC Jpn rep.
四大陸
Koz, Oda, Tanaka
Kanako, Miyahara, Haruka
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:52 am

Junior world rep.
Tanaka, Ueno
Hongo, Miyahara (back to Junior world?)
本郷、宮原
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:53 am

And the senior worlds?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:54 am

both Mao and Akko will attend world  cheers

Okay...this means I get to see Mao again at world...I mean in Tokyo

Last edited by COHK on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:55 am

It good to see JSF finally giving inflated scores to those ladies who delivered clean performances in this Olympic season. They may see a chance for Akiko winning OBM depending on top skaters performances.

Akiko did great job and it's also a good redemption for her considering her last year result at nationals.  Wining national championship after ups and downs, indeed she made a great comeback from eating disorder.  Truly a good model for young skaters.  Also good thing to know is her mother was in the stadium.  It was first time for her mother to watch Akiko skate at a competition.  She delivered wonderful skate in front of her mother.  Good, proud girl!!

I hope Dai will not overwork.  I wonder where Morozov is?  On Christmas holiday?  scratch
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 am

Haidogirl wrote:
And the senior worlds?

adding: worlds team is the same as Sochi team
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 am

COHK wrote:
Junior world rep.
Tanaka, Ueno
Hongo, Miyahara (back to Junior world?)
本郷、宮原

Well, I think they could have sent Satoko to senior World. She has the technical arsenal to skate there, especially when many of the veterans probably won't go to Worlds. Her major weakness is lack of expression, but she has plenty of time to work on it.

COHK wrote:
Tickets for Worlds would sell out very fast  clown 

Last edited by pearlyriver on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

COHK wrote:

yayyy  cheers Many Hearts Cheering Cheering Cheering 
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

COHK wrote:

Yay!!!! more good news wooohooo Cloud 9 Dance Love Hearts ROTFLMAO 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:59 am

COHK wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
And the senior worlds?

adding: worlds team is the same as Sochi team

Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance 
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:00 am

inskate wrote:
Congrats to all the awesome ladies!  cheers 

I'm kind of worried about Mao... I don't mean the performance itself - Mao's probably tired after the GP season and I'd be more worried if she peaked here. However, the nature of the mistakes is a bit worrisome. Not only Mao didn't attempt 3F-3L here (as it was planned in a situation when one of 3As is popped or doubled), but didn't even go for 3F-2L and messed up the 3F-2L-2L combo in the 2nd half (OTOH she landed 2A-3T just fine).
This makes me a bit worried that her injury possibly makes it painful to attempt loops in combination... Loop combos are known for causing or aggravating hip/back injuries, and although 3L-3L is reportedly the one that's the most dangerous, a continuos repeating of 3F-3L, 3L-2L, 3F-2L and 3F-2L-2L might possibly be painful and contributing to already existing injury. Sad

Miki seems to be a similar situation - she also has a back/hip injury caused by overdoing Biellman. She always seemed more confident and consistent with loop combos, but here she landed 3T-3T and 2A-3T while messing up 3Lz-3L and giving up on 2A-2L-2L in favor of 3S-2T (while being capable of landing not only 3S-2L-2L, but even 3S-3L).

I hope I'm overreacting...  Worship

I hope that it's just this one competition as well. She's understandably tired, and she also said previously that 2 3a's really affect her stamina.
I'm not sure what the local time was when she skated, but it seemed like a super long competition, so I'm guessing pretty late?
I hope she'll get the rest she needs before really peaking in Sochi!

I'm so happy for all the skaters selected for Sochi, and yay Daisuke made it! But poor Nobu and Taka...
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:02 am

sapphiresky wrote:
inskate wrote:

I'm kind of worried about Mao... I don't mean the performance itself - Mao's probably tired after the GP season and I'd be more worried if she peaked here. However, the nature of the mistakes is a bit worrisome. Not only Mao didn't attempt 3F-3L here (as it was planned in a situation when one of 3As is popped or doubled), but didn't even go for 3F-2L and messed up the 3F-2L-2L combo in the 2nd half (OTOH she landed 2A-3T just fine).
This makes me a bit worried that her injury possibly makes it painful to attempt loops in combination... Loop combos are known for causing or aggravating hip/back injuries, and although 3L-3L is reportedly the one that's the most dangerous, a continuos repeating of 3F-3L, 3L-2L, 3F-2L and 3F-2L-2L might possibly be painful and contributing to already existing injury. Sad

Miki seems to be a similar situation - she also has a back/hip injury caused by overdoing Biellman. She always seemed more confident and consistent with loop combos, but here she landed 3T-3T and 2A-3T while messing up 3Lz-3L and giving up on 2A-2L-2L in favor of 3S-2T (while being capable of landing not only 3S-2L-2L, but even 3S-3L).

I hope that it's just this one competition as well. She's understandably tired, and she also said previously that 2 3a's really affect her stamina.
I'm not sure what the local time was when she skated, but it seemed like a super long competition, so I'm guessing pretty late?
I hope she'll get the rest she needs before really peaking in Sochi!

Didnt it start on 16:.... something like that PM? late afternoon, early evening?
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:02 am

Oh no Nobu will not be competing at worlds .....  Sad, Lonely 
I hope they will switch Nobu and Dai for worlds coz it seems too much for Dai's knee.  pale 
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:03 am

I'm hoping Daisuke will withdraw from worlds, rest and not get more injured, and let someone else go...

ETA: Mao looked upset during her post interview. Not like sad but frustrated at herself. Sad  Does anyone know what she said?

Last edited by sapphiresky on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:05 am

sapphiresky wrote:
I'm hoping Daisuke will withdraw from worlds, rest and not get more injured, and let someone else go...

Nooo~ dont withdraw! *i know im selfish*  Depressed Crying Depressed Crying 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:10 am

inskate wrote:

Thank you inskate for insight.

Do you think it's too late for Mao to do 3F-3T instead of 3F-3L?  Her 2A-3T tonight was very solid again.  I first thought she gave more practice time for 3A than -3l or 3l combos.  If this combo is too much for her body now, it will become more difficult for her to keep practicing them for coming months.
I understand she wasn't good at -3T and didn't feel comfortable with it.  But it seems her doing 2A-3T over the last few years is now bearing fruits and she may be able to capitalize on it.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:12 am

Oh, I forget that Satoko is only 15. She sure has made a lot of improvement  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:14 am

sapphiresky wrote:

ETA: Mao looked upset during her post interview. Not like sad but frustrated at herself. Sad  Does anyone know what she said?

Yes, indeed she said she's frustrated that she wasn't able to perform as she planned.  Sorry I cannot find the clip of her post-performance interview, so I cannot give you accurate translation of what she said.  Let me post the translation later when I found the clip to be more precise.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 am

linglang wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:

Yes, indeed she said she's frustrated that she wasn't able to perform as she planned.  Sorry I cannot find the clip of her post-performance interview, so I cannot give you accurate translation of what she said.  Let me post the translation later when I found the clip to be more precise.

Thank you linglang! Thank you! 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 am

inskate wrote:
linglang wrote:
Olympic team
Men: Yuzu, Tatsuki and Daisuke
Ladies: Akiko, Mao and Kanako
Pairs: Narumi and Ryuichi
Ice Dance: The Reeds

Just as I expected. I'm happy for Daisuke... Daisies for you 
...But Nobunari got cheated out of both the bronze medal and the Olympic berth.  Disappointed Monies Bribe 

I'm so sad that Nobu wasn't given a chance to compete at worlds ... sorry for being a broken record, but I though he will get something for compensation from JSF ...  Disappointed

I know people (JSF, sponsors and even  Money speedy) are happy know.  My speculation is that Dai said No and politely declined for the team selection, but they didn't accept it.  I hope they will not force Dai to overwork by putting too much expectations on his shoulder.  Very Mad
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:30 am

linglang wrote:

I'm so sad that Nobu wasn't given a chance to compete at worlds ... sorry for being a broken record, but I though he will get something for compensation from JSF ...  Disappointed

I know people (JSF, sponsors and even  Money speedy) are happy know.  My speculation is that Dai said No and politely declined for the team selection, but they didn't accept it.  I hope they will not force Dai to overwork by putting too much expectations on his shoulder.  Very Mad

I also feel that Nobu was robbed of a Worlds berth, but Worlds will be held in Japan, so JSF only cares about who can help them sell more tickets. I hope Dai will withdraw so that Nobu can compete there. I'm not crazily in love with Nobu skating, but he's such a beautiful soul, the kind of person who has no mean bone and warms everyone around him.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:41 am

can't believe the JSF gave daisuke the Olympics AND Worlds assignment
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 am

pearlyriver wrote:
linglang wrote:

I also feel that Nobu was robbed of a Worlds berth, but Worlds will be held in Japan, so JSF only cares about who can help them sell more tickets. I hope Dai will withdraw so that Nobu can compete there. I'm not crazily in love with Nobu skating, but he's such a beautiful soul, the kind of person who has no mean bone and warms everyone around him.

Actually tickets for worlds are almost sold out.  Unconscious  When Dai announced withdrawal from GPF, ticket prices at those greedy brokers websites plummeted. Now I'm sure those brokers are looking forward to lucrative business again.  Disappointed 

I agree he has no mean bone and can make people smile.  I sometimes think he's too good natured and kind at heart to win the games. Last night after SP when he was leaving K&C, he shouted "Dai-chan Gamba!", which means Dai-chan, hang in there.  I think he has no bad feeling against Dai for the team selection but regrets that he couldn't finish 2nd at nationals by nailing 4Ts.  Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:15 am

I just woke up to see these results. Mao finished 3rd???

Question Question Fried Fried Fried confused 

The biggest congratulations to Akiko for winning with a clean skate, but 144 for an FS with 6 triples??? She never came close to that score on the international stage.They were generous with her in the SP too. Why favor her so much now?

I don't really have a problem with Mao placing third (well maybe I do) but what in the HELL is JSF trying to do? Campaign for Akiko to win Olympic Gold and Worlds Gold??

This is a major setback in Mao's momentum leading towards Sochi. One can only wonder how she will be perceived by everyone now: commentators, rivals, judges, ISU etc... and how this will affect her mentally. How can the judges give Olympic Gold to someone who didn't even win her own nationals? I hope Team Mao has a long sitdown after this and discusses everything. I'm just... *shakes my head and leaves to go get a burger*
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:21 am

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131223-00000073-dal-spo

After the announcement, Taka had red eyes and tears and said, "I'm very much disappointed. I have feelings (about the selection), but I just follow what the federation has decided."   Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Nationals 2013
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next