Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing

Go down 
+23
swan
iceskatingfan
klarification
chiyori
josling
kaarolcia
bellarina
ddmm
linglang
dlnnyc
MikiAndoFan#1
europeanfan
PochinkoPotanko
aoi88
Lady_in_black
clovera
SAKURA
ballerinamao
maofan93
Luckyone
polosatik
tianrushui
Dani-Chan
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:12 am

polosatik wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
It seems Adelina skated really well again. cheers I'm hoping she can win this, mostly because I want to see an in-depth interview on her in english. They did one on Liza already, but I haven't found one on Adelina. I'll be happy if she and Liza can go 1-2 in either order. Smile And I wish best of luck to my personal fav, Zijun. Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 23732

Polosatik, I know you mentioned one of Adelina's fav is Mao, but has there actually be an interview/article in Russia where she mentions this?
I don't remember the actual interview, but that written in her profile http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010832.htm Very Happy There was an article there Liza said she admires Yuna and Mao.

Thanks! Polosatik. Smile I didn't realize they updated the profiles.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:34 am

Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:44 am

I liked Liza's SP more than Adelina's today. In fact, I think Adelina needs a better posture, although her spins are really good and Liza's spins were a little low today
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:49 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
I liked Liza's SP more than Adelina's today. In fact, I think Adelina needs a better posture, although her spins are really good and Liza's spins were a little low today
Although Adelya has great flexibility , her skating often looks a little awkward. And her dress today was awful. Razz
I can't wait to see Liza's FS! Liza's programs are my favorite this year from all ladies!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:11 am

Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:22 am

polosatik wrote:
Video of Taka and Dai collision! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQG7akEQGJ4&feature=player_embedded affraid Scary!

Razz Razz Razz tks god they are ok. Like I said before, it seems Pchan's been obstructing everyone and their fathers at the practice ¬¬

Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Takadaicollision
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Video of Taka and Dai collision! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQG7akEQGJ4&feature=player_embedded affraid Scary!

Razz Razz Razz tks god they are ok. Like I said before, it seems Pchan's been obstructing everyone and their fathers at the practice ¬¬

Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Takadaicollision
Ohhh.. we need a rest from PChan!!!!!!!! Worship
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:47 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
Razz Razz Razz Like I said before, it seems Pchan's been obstructing everyone and their fathers at the practice ¬¬
It's teh psykologikal attackt!! (David Pelletier voice) Twisted Evil

TV Asahi just aired some practice clips of the Japanese ladies but I completely missed it on Keyhole. Sweatdrop
It's not too big of a loss though since it's bound to be up on YT in a few hours

Here's some not-too-helpful tweets from TV Asahi's Twitter account:
Like a Star @ heaven Dai-Tono-Kozu chatting before today's official practice
Like a Star @ heaven Tono landings quads (as usual)
Like a Star @ heaven Kanako landing her 3T-3T (as usual)
Like a Star @ heaven Both Akiko and Kanako looking very strong in practice
Like a Star @ heaven Music run through of Miki's new SP
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:07 am

Like a Star @ heaven Polina's SP
argh her posture, her expression, her arms, her costume is all ALWFUL
I've never seen such a sloppy skater. I think I am a little spoiled by Mao's charm and beauty idk...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h50DC1redI
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:25 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
I've never seen such a sloppy skater. I think I am a little spoiled by Mao's charm and beauty idk...

Actually to me Polina really improved. In the last year She was much more sloppy then now.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:27 am

Both Liza and Adelina both skated so well. Smile I like them both so I don't know whom to choose. Whirly I think Adelina has the advantage this year because she's been skating so well and Liza didn't try the 3-3 here. Liza's jumps are so beautiful though. I definitely think they're the best out of all the junior ladies now. Adelina's jumps are good too but some of her landings aren't as smooth as Liza's and she does get edge calls now and then. In terms of presence, they both have loads of it. Adelina looks like a Russian princess while Liza has a more exotic style.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 am

polosatik wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
Although Adelya has great flexibility , her skating often looks a little awkward. And her dress today was awful. Razz
I can't wait to see Liza's FS! Liza's programs are my favorite this year from all ladies!

I'm rooting more for Liza than Adelina this time. Liza is a bit more lighter in her skating, which I really like. But both girls are fab really...you'd almost think this was senior GPF! Razz
Their postures should and will most likely become better in the future, but I luv their spins anyway. I think we've rarely seen this kind of speed in spins in senior ladies this season so far.
I agree Adelina's costume was a problem from aesthetic points of views, but she's still young so let's give her a break polosatik. Mao managed to grow out of that kind of pink, too! Laugh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:33 am

Dani-Chan wrote:

her costume is soo distracting, but for me the most shocking thing was too the one leading because her choreografi, transition, position was really not that well, and if you look at her techniqal element she was barely able to land them it was very shaky. anyway my favourite sp of the girls was risas her program was mature with fine transitions and her jumps were solid...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:00 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

I'm rooting more for Liza than Adelina this time. Liza is a bit more lighter in her skating, which I really like. But both girls are fab really...you'd almost think this was senior GPF! Razz
Their postures should and will most likely become better in the future, but I luv their spins anyway. I think we've rarely seen this kind of speed in spins in senior ladies this season so far.
I agree Adelina's costume was a problem from aesthetic points of views, but she's still young so let's give her a break polosatik. Mao managed to grow out of that kind of pink, too! Laugh
Mao used to skate in pink dresses then she was much younger. Adelina looks very mature for her age and that pink dress on her looked childish. But I like her FS dress, if she didn't change it!

Look here! This was the most addictive move today!

Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 32777218

Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:01 am

I'm enjoying JGPF much more then the Senior! I really don't care who will win the ladies competition! Razz
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:10 am

polosatik wrote:

Gosh!! It looks terrible!! Luckily they're ok I love you
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:23 am

polosatik wrote:
Liza's short!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3Vuh8r3RI Love Hearts

Swoon Elizaveta is definately my favourite from the young Russian girls! Cheering
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 am

polosatik wrote:

Oh my God! What a terrible collision! I hope they're okay!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:33 pm

polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

Mao used to skate in pink dresses then she was much younger. Adelina looks very mature for her age and that pink dress on her looked childish. But I like her FS dress, if she didn't change it!

Look here! This was the most addictive move today!

Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 32777218
Love Hearts

I loved Liza's steps today. And her costume was really working too. It made her moves look even more lighter, and the contrast with her dark hair gave a strong impression. I am looking so forward to the future of this girl! At the same time, seeing the Russian girls in junior GPF made me understand once again, why Mao felt she has to reform her jumps in order to prepare for Sochi. If these girls can keep up their jumps, and Mirai, Kanako and maybe Macarova get better and better...we'll be seeing one hell of a competition in the next Olys. Yep!

Although Risa is hanging in there, I still she is one or two steps behind Adelina and Liza. When these girls start their debut in seniors, it may become the Russian era once again for ladies. Adelina and Liza might become a Plush and Yag ladies version in rivalry. This is going to get exciting! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:43 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

her costume is soo distracting, but for me the most shocking thing was too the one leading because her choreografi, transition, position was really not that well, and if you look at her techniqal element she was barely able to land them it was very shaky. anyway my favourite sp of the girls was risas her program was mature with fine transitions and her jumps were solid...

I love programs of Liza and Risa, they both were gorgeous Wub Adelina was great too, but I prefer Liza to be honest. Concerning Polina: I agree with you, it definitely wasn't my favourite program
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:53 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I loved Liza's steps today. And her costume was really working too. It made her moves look even more lighter, and the contrast with her dark hair gave a strong impression. I am looking so forward to the future of this girl! At the same time, seeing the Russian girls in junior GPF made me understand once again, why Mao felt she has to reform her jumps in order to prepare for Sochi. If these girls can keep up their jumps, and Mirai, Kanako and maybe Macarova get better and better...we'll be seeing one hell of a competition in the next Olys. Yep!

Although Risa is hanging in there, I still she is one or two steps behind Adelina and Liza. When these girls start their debut in seniors, it may become the Russian era once again for ladies. Adelina and Liza might become a Plush and Yag ladies version in rivalry. This is going to get exciting! Very Happy

I hope for friendly rivalry! Razz
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:47 am

Another big day of skating, skating, skating~
And another week where my sleep cycle is completely shattered Coffee

Best of luck to the junior ladies. Cheering

ETA: Junior Ladies Result
1 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS 169.81 1 1
2 Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA RUS 160.87 2 2
3 Zijun LI CHN 149.82 5 4
4 Risa SHOJI JPN 149.82 4 5
5 Polina SHELEPEN RUS 147.37 3 6
6 Christina GAO USA 145.01 7 3
7 Yasmin SIRAJ USA 130.95 8 7
8 Kristiene GONG USA 129.90 6 8

Protocols: Short Program Like a Star @ heaven Free Skate
Adelina maximizes her spin levels and was the clear winner in terms of points - I'm happy to see her 3Lz-3Lo ratified again too. Many Hearts
I don't think the Liza fans here will be too pleased with the judges though.Sweatdrop

Slightly bummed to see Risa off the podium, but congrats to Zijun!
Not too fond of how Christina scored higher than either of them in the FS, but they both got UR calls so it can't be helped. silent
Polina S has nice rotated jumps, but her landings aren't the best and her other elements are...yeah.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:33 am

if risa and zijun scored the same how did they decide who would win, and wouldn't it have been more fair to actually let them have another match or something it's seems so sad to have scored the same as the other but still miss a bronze medal!!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:50 am

ballerinamao wrote:
if risa and zijun scored the same how did they decide who would win, and wouldn't it have been more fair to actually let them have another match or something it's seems so sad to have scored the same as the other but still miss a bronze medal!!
In the event that two or more skaters have the same combined score, the skater with the better free skate score will be given the higher placement. study

1 Nobunari ODA JPN 86.59 48.06 38.53 8.00 7.21 7.93 7.68 7.71 0.00 #2
2 Patrick CHAN CAN 85.59 43.77 41.82 8.54 8.21 8.14 8.36 8.57 0.00 #4
3 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 82.57 40.57 42.00 8.43 8.07 8.43 8.36 8.71 0.00 #5
4 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 77.90 39.43 38.47 7.89 7.54 7.50 7.68 7.86 0.00 #6
5 Tomas VERNER CZE 65.37 28.76 36.61 7.39 7.11 7.07 7.61 7.43 0.00 #3
6 Florent AMODIO FRA 61.64 28.38 33.26 6.71 6.29 6.61 6.79 6.86 0.00 #1

Top 4 were all clean although Dai had a slight bobble on his steps and Kozu's jump elements weren't as secure today. Both Tono and Patty landed the quad; Tono did the 4T-3T while Patty botched the 4T-3T to a solo 4T and 3F-3T so the judges probably deemed Patty's 4T as not having the required steps preceding it.

Ladies are next! cat

...and the jumbotron just aired Mao's Sutona ad. Shocked
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:27 am

maofan93 wrote:
Ok I read this and I am SO MAD!!!

It's from icenetwork:

"Reigning world champion Mao Asada from Japan was out of shape at her two Grand Prix assignments and did not qualify for Beijing."

Excuse me, she is not out of shape, she is rehauling her jump technique. And if you haven't noticed, the only jumps she has landed in EVERY long this season were the two final jumps - both triples. She is NOT out of shape... Mad

its not a literally physical out of shape. out of shape in this context means she is not of full form not whole.

make sense now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing   Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Prix Final 2010 - 9-12 beijing
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next