Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs

Go down 
+58
tianrushui
clovera
Rose
ashcroft1086
dlynndao
Spacey
sapphiresky
swan
alyssa
will_power
Ken Himura
chapis
Luckyone
haruka25
BowbowDaijin
Haidogirl
illani
apple4me
bibi
kenkyo
fefe_sky
let`s talk
Afsfan
supportmaoasada
Batsuchan
cera
patknowsbest
jkblues
itcaip
cherriee
ElleluvsL
emmie
Dani-Chan
KariDebate
roma
babayaga
Okami
dangerous_angel_face
Lady_in_black
bellarina
josling
Alokya
kaarolcia
polosatik
linglang
ddmm
klarification
MaoChan756
skfan
PochinkoPotanko
europeanfan
skating_fanatic
maowataiyo
chiyori
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Mao_Asada_sunrise
shikure
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:51 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I still don't understand what Amano was smoking at 2011 worlds. Evil or Very Mad
if only I had his photo then Twisted Evil he would be hurt for sure Fried

While I'm not a violent person, in this case you would have my full support. Twisted Evil
When I saw his pic I couldn't believe this was him! I always imagined him as a bitter old man. I don't get his "hatred" toward japanese skaters, I mean hello, he's japanese for God's sake. If you're going to be biased, then help japanese skaters, don't punish them! This man has issues...
I think he has an inferiority complex Who, me? He's jealous of natural talent , I think he even wasn't so fond of Yuna too. Well, shame on him, but I hope he's not loved in Japan that much. So he got what he deserves.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:06 am

Well its lucky he is not supervising the ladies event!
I think he was the one who DWgraded Yuna's 3-3 - caused quite a ruckus among fans...

Anyway - practice starts in few hours! Really excited about Mao skating! Woot!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:19 am

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I still don't understand what Amano was smoking at 2011 worlds. Evil or Very Mad
if only I had his photo then Twisted Evil he would be hurt for sure Fried

While I'm not a violent person, in this case you would have my full support. Twisted Evil
When I saw his pic I couldn't believe this was him! I always imagined him as a bitter old man. I don't get his "hatred" toward japanese skaters, I mean hello, he's japanese for God's sake. If you're going to be biased, then help japanese skaters, don't punish them! This man has issues...
I think he has an inferiority complex Who, me? He's jealous of natural talent , I think he even wasn't so fond of Yuna too. Well, shame on him, but I hope he's not loved in Japan that much. So he got what he deserves.

I assure you polosatik, AMANO IS NOT LOVED IN JAPAN AT ALL!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:35 am

All this talk about Amano is making me laugh! Oh you guys!

But anyway, thanks shikure for the lightning fast updates! Who needs Google when we have you here at the Mao forums?

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
ETA:To folks who joined the forum while I've been absent for a while...the thing on Mao's shoulder in my new avatar is not an egg! Hell, no!

Potato, pronounced as "poh-tah-toe." Razz
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:37 am

Thanks shikure for the link. Mao is so cute with the knit cap Razz

Thanks Pochi for the comment by Amao. I remember reading a news article immediately after Vancouver Olympics about new rules. The author gave explanation why Lysacek won OGM and said new system was good in that it gave chances to non-geniuses to win too. I couldn't remember if it was written by Amano or Mr. Okazaki. Now, I think it was written by Amao. When I read it I felt sorry for Lysacek because he was used as an example of non-genius skater (actually it sounded more like mediocre skater) winning the gold. At the same time, I realized rules were getting tweaked to increase population of child figure skaters to make business easier and better for mediocre coaches. The article said that showing children around the world that you don't have to be genius to win a game will encourage more children to start figure skating. I thought of coaches who were struggling to recruit new students. I though there might be many as figure skating popularity declines, especially outside of Japan. I don't think the idea of widening wining chances artificially is healthy because figure skating is a sport. As long as it's a sport, people expect athlete to compete to push the limits and that gives excitement and aspiration to people, I believe. You cannot fool people. Even children can sense it too. And, taxpayers money is invested in various kinds of sports around the world because people admire athlete who try to push the limits. If it's not, people would start to argue that their money should be used for more valuable way. Also, genius vs. non-genius is very silly and childish in the first place. Athletes make tremendous efforts to become and stay top athletes. There are many examples of a child prodigy who faded away very soon, which is not limited to figure skating. There is no champion who won because he/she is genius. You cannot fool children in that regard too.

And, wasn't Amano a part time coach of Patrick several years ago? I'm curious to see how he will judge him at 4CC too. Is Amano coaching top level juniors or seniors now? I don't know about him very well, but I suspect he wants to take advantage of the system to his own benefit and doesn't care even if his words and deed spoil the sport.

Well, what I wanted to say is in short Amano is absurd. Period Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:48 am

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:26 am

any live stream that will show the competition?
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:09 am

I think the ISU actually has a pay live streaming channel. It's not available to people in the US, but you could try it.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:24 am

linglang wrote:
Thanks shikure for the link. Mao is so cute with the knit cap Razz

Thanks Pochi for the comment by Amao. I remember reading a news article immediately after Vancouver Olympics about new rules. The author gave explanation why Lysacek won OGM and said new system was good in that it gave chances to non-geniuses to win too. I couldn't remember if it was written by Amano or Mr. Okazaki. Now, I think it was written by Amao. When I read it I felt sorry for Lysacek because he was used as an example of non-genius skater (actually it sounded more like mediocre skater) winning the gold. At the same time, I realized rules were getting tweaked to increase population of child figure skaters to make business easier and better for mediocre coaches. The article said that showing children around the world that you don't have to be genius to win a game will encourage more children to start figure skating. I thought of coaches who were struggling to recruit new students. I though there might be many as figure skating popularity declines, especially outside of Japan. I don't think the idea of widening wining chances artificially is healthy because figure skating is a sport. As long as it's a sport, people expect athlete to compete to push the limits and that gives excitement and aspiration to people, I believe. You cannot fool people. Even children can sense it too. And, taxpayers money is invested in various kinds of sports around the world because people admire athlete who try to push the limits. If it's not, people would start to argue that their money should be used for more valuable way. Also, genius vs. non-genius is very silly and childish in the first place. Athletes make tremendous efforts to become and stay top athletes. There are many examples of a child prodigy who faded away very soon, which is not limited to figure skating. There is no champion who won because he/she is genius. You cannot fool children in that regard too.

And, wasn't Amano a part time coach of Patrick several years ago? I'm curious to see how he will judge him at 4CC too. Is Amano coaching top level juniors or seniors now? I don't know about him very well, but I suspect he wants to take advantage of the system to his own benefit and doesn't care even if his words and deed spoil the sport.

Well, what I wanted to say is in short Amano is absurd. Period Very Happy

Thumbs up! To the whole post, especialy for the Amano part. Yep!

shikure thanks for the link!!!! Thank you!

I can't wait to see Mao on the ice!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks all of your kind words and sorry just left links most of time~I am still sort of busy lately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9XjlAjH4UE CM for sport news (show) tonight
I think you guys may find the formal clip before I do since I will off to bed soon Smile
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:48 am

Alokya wrote:
I think the ISU actually has a pay live streaming channel. It's not available to people in the US, but you could try it.

OMG! It's not available in the US either? I was willing to pay and see 4CC live but found out the service wasn't available in Japan too! And a member of our Japanese forum who lives in the Netherlands posted she found out it wasn't available there as well. So to which countries is that service available for????? Very Mad

For god's sake! It's 4CC meaning 4 continents so at least people in those places should be able to use that service! What the hell is ISU thinking? Faint2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:59 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Alokya wrote:

OMG! It's not available in the US either? I was willing to pay and see 4CC live but found out the service wasn't available in Japan too! And a member of our Japanese forum who lives in the Netherlands posted she found out it wasn't available there as well. So to which countries is that service available for????? Very Mad

For god's sake! It's 4CC meaning 4 continents so at least people in those places should be able to use that service! What the hell is ISU thinking? Faint2

I thin they are not making it available in USA because Icenetwork owns the rights to live streaming of 4CC there...
...But it's not available in Poland, either, and I don't think anyone owns the rights here. This is depressing. People keep complaining that the popularity of figure skating is dropping, but how the casual viewer is supposed to watch the competitions? Even dedicated fans have trouble finding the videos, let alone a live stream... scratch

Anyway, I hope it will be a good competition! It's so freezing here in Poland that I actually feel bad for the skaters for having to spend so much time in the rink... Although I think it's actually warmer in Colorado Springs than it is here. Hell, no!

The competition will be quite fierce in the ladies event, it seems! There's a lot of skaters that I hope to see skate well. flower
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 am

Okami wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Alokya wrote:

I thin they are not making it available in USA because Icenetwork owns the rights to live streaming of 4CC there...
...But it's not available in Poland, either, and I don't think anyone owns the rights here. This is depressing. People keep complaining that the popularity of figure skating is dropping, but how the casual viewer is supposed to watch the competitions? Even dedicated fans have trouble finding the videos, let alone a live stream... scratch

Anyway, I hope it will be a good competition! It's so freezing here in Poland that I actually feel bad for the skaters for having to spend so much time in the rink... Although I think it's actually warmer in Colorado Springs than it is here. Hell, no!

The competition will be quite fierce in the ladies event, it seems! There's a lot of skaters that I hope to see skate well. flower

Is there a possibility that eurosport bought the 4CC rights? Because I find it strange, that ISU live stream isn't available in Europe scratch
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Okami wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Alokya wrote:

Also not available in Canada... lol. This is getting funny.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:45 pm

I love how this article states that "the surge in power of Japanese skaters... began with Mao Asada's victory in the Grand Prix Final in 2005".

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/sp20120208it.html
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsuhDQ7fZCQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
the tv special program about Mao, I mentioned yesterday.

Ps. I saw on twitter that Yuka and Jason took whole team to there including Jeremy and Alissa Smile

ETA: news ~ she landed 3A twice in practice sunny
http://www.hokkaido-np.co.jp/news/sports/349518.html
http://www.nikkei.com/sports/news/article/g=96958A9C81818A9997E2E2E1E38DE2EBE2E0E0E2E3E0E2E2E2E2E2E2;da=96958A88889DE2E0E3EAEAE5E6E2E0E3E3E0E0E2E2EBE2E2E2E2E2E2
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2012/02/09/kiji/K20120209002597520.html
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/120209/spm1202091028000-n1.htm
http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2012020900142
http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2012020900218
Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 G2012011Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 G2012012

Dai, Kanako and Haruka started practice earlier.
http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/20120209k0000m050077000c.html
http://www.47news.jp/CN/201202/CN2012020801001830.html

About broadcast, it's really depressing--> at least I can watch that on TV last year since there were two local TV station had the rights:(
In Japan, J-sport will broadcast 4cc but you need to subscribe --> of course for additional fee.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:47 pm

shikure wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsuhDQ7fZCQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
the tv special program about Mao, I mentioned yesterday.

Thanks shikure! Mao's jumps look gorgeous in this video. cheers When was this filmed? During a practice recently?
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Thank you Shikure for the links! Smile
Its painful to watch the press harp on the 3A!
Maybe they have the assumption that with the 3A, she will win any competition...
Well they must have slept their way through the 2010 Olymp... -_-
In the clip - they seem to portray an incomplete Mao without her 3A - as if she lost her most powerful weapon -

Seriously! scratch
They should talk about her new technique - fresh jumps and THOSE WONDERFUL STEPS! FS is not just about a 3A!
She'll go for the jump when she is ready!

On a brighter note, Mao looks beautiful! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:16 am

Go this from Andrew Dodds @Andrew_Dodds twitter posts:

About Mao
Mao Asada is skating great in her practices at #4CC #4CC2012 landing 3A and 3F+3Lo in programs! So happy! She is my pick to win Worlds!

@ichigo_84 yes! She was so good! I am hoping she nails them in her program for worlds and 4cc

@ohh_n Yes, I didn't expect her to be so fast and jump so high in person! I am just disappointed my favorite skater Akiko Suzuki isn't here!

About Kanako
Extremely impressed by Kanako Murakami in practice at #4CC #4CC2012 as well today! Her 3T+3T is so fast and covers so much ice!

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:54 am

roma wrote:
Go this from Andrew Dodds @Andrew_Dodds twitter posts:

About Mao
Mao Asada is skating great in her practices at #4CC #4CC2012 landing 3A and 3F+3Lo in programs! So happy! She is my pick to win Worlds!

@ichigo_84 yes! She was so good! I am hoping she nails them in her program for worlds and 4cc

@ohh_n Yes, I didn't expect her to be so fast and jump so high in person! I am just disappointed my favorite skater Akiko Suzuki isn't here!

About Kanako
Extremely impressed by Kanako Murakami in practice at #4CC #4CC2012 as well today! Her 3T+3T is so fast and covers so much ice!

Happy dance Go Mao! That's great to hear!

shikure thank you so much for the links!

MaoChan756, I agree. One would think that by now, the japanese media would realized that 3A IS NOT EVERYTHING! Very Mad Like you said, where were they during Vancouver olympics, where Mao lost, despite having 2 3A in the lp, and Lysacek won WITHOUT a quad!
She is so much more than just a skater with 3A! They need glasses imo.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:33 am

Back to top Go down
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 am

Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:02 am

got it from twitter Smile
beautiful 3A
Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 513191621
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:34 am

These tweets (I translated using google translator) but it seems it says Mao is trying 3S-2Lo-2Lo !!!!!
wow, I didn't see that combo coming sunny sunny
her salchows never were that superior but she may be just training them I think

Quote :
@japanskates
Mao ASADA 浅田真央(4/4) とばしとばしでSlStから、失敗する気配がない3Lo!その後、ショートの練習。アラビアンなスピンを入念に確認、アクセルは2Aで調整していました。「いつも通り」!という充実した内容のようでした。

Aiko: Mao ASADA 浅田真央(3/4) 3Sからの3S-2Lo-2Loも1回試し、ラクに成功。FSの曲かけ、3Aッ …ターンアウト。回転はトリプル。3F-2Lo,3Lz成功。2A-3T(

Aiko: Mao ASADA 浅田真央(2/4) そこから、2/7(火)時点の予定構成ではSP/FS共に1回ずつ入れている、単発アクセルの練習!2Aから始め、【高さ/幅,流れ,余裕,ランディングの伸び】というGOE+2くらいのを1回目で決めるが、3Aは2回ともターンアウト。
23 minutes ago

Aiko: Mao ASADA 浅田真央(1/4) 慣らしで、全日本のFSでダブルになったループの練習から開始。流れるように2,3本決める。その後2A-3Tの練習、3Tが回転不足の様子で着氷が乱れる。

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:36 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
got it from twitter Smile
beautiful 3A
Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 513191621

Awesome!
I know Mao isn't all about the 3A, but it's one of her signature moves, if you can call it that. So if someone says 3A, automatically my mind screams "MAO!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs   Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four Continents (4CC) 2012 - Colorado Springs
Page 3 of 30Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next