Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 Cup of China

Go down 
+46
BounceAround
illani
kitty
sapphiresky
europeanfan
jeanettetan
ElleluvsL
Dani-Chan
Fumi99
josling
dawnsherearequiet
snowdrops24
shar
Haidogirl
leo
dangerous_angel_face
hirahira
aoi88
maowataiyo
bibi
gurami
chapis
BowbowDaijin
supportmaoasada
Lady_in_black
kaarolcia
tigster
ashcroft1086
swan
Ken Himura
Alokya
inskate
chiyori
kenkyo
polosatik
tianrushui
linglang
Star85
ballerinamao
PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
zarinaballerina
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
Mao2012
shikure
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 am

thanks shikure! loving the footowrk sequence (some moves were similar to mary poppins)
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 am

inskate wrote:
The footwork sequence looks very fun and difficult! I think I can guess what piece of music it will be set to Smile
I wonder how the costume will look like? cyclops

Oh! The first few steps are the same has is Mao Poppins! Love Hearts This is going to be fun!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 am

kenkyo wrote:
thanks shikure! loving the footowrk sequence (some moves were similar to mary poppins)

I agree. Actually, when Mao said early in the off-season that her SP has a musical-esque feel and then it turned out her EX is Mary Poppins I wondered if she chose her EX to practice movements for her SP, because it's been some time since she skated to something more modern and fast-paced, especially in a competition. Smile
Some moments (like @1:14) reminded me of Sing, Sing, Sing, except Mao now does the same movements at higher speed. Smile

Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:48 am

inskate wrote:
kenkyo wrote:

I agree. Actually, when Mao said early in the off-season that her SP has a musical-esque feel and then it turned out her EX is Mary Poppins I wondered if she chose her EX to practice movements for her SP, because it's been some time since she skated to something more modern and fast-paced, especially in a competition. Smile
Some moments (like @1:14) reminded me of Sing, Sing, Sing, except Mao now does the same movements at higher speed. Smile

I like that move a lot... especially how she spins in and out of it. Makes it very entertaining!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:59 am

shikure wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiAZ83UPpJE&sns=em
sneak peek of the SP

Thanks, shikure! That footwork reminds me of Mary Poppins. So many moves were very, very similar. I'm liking the energy she shows in it.

I think I can safely say now that Mao's encore will be from her SP. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:30 am

you are welcome, everyone and love the "don't tell others" cute move Smile
reminds me the Sato way training "practice elements for competition in EX"...
can't wait to see her performing energetic competition program
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks Shikure!

I love that step seq. It looks fun and even without the music, I can feel some energy from Mao!
It's gonna be fun tomorrow. Can't wait. What time will the competition start in Shanghai ? in Tokyo, they will air at 7:30pm but I hope I can have a live stream. I'm gonna rush back from work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 am

This is gorgeous! As a sidenote completely unrelated to the program, what was with the Japanese media doing with playing "Pomp and Circumstance" in the background??

But this looks really high spirited and fun, and you can tell she is enjoying it. I hope this is a turning point for her career post-Olympics.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 am

Alokya wrote:
This is gorgeous! As a sidenote completely unrelated to the program, what was with the Japanese media doing with playing "Pomp and Circumstance" in the background??

But this looks really high spirited and fun, and you can tell she is enjoying it. I hope this is a turning point for her career post-Olympics.
I think that may request by Mao's team since the media should have seen whole run-through with music but mao's team wanted to keep that secret.

Based on the make up artist of Mao said Mao changed her design of costume in last minute then he ran to buy new cosmetics and drew new sample for her, then took that to her agency.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 am

Re: music in the background: it's not the first time the skater's music is drowned out by some "grandiose" sounding piece, the Japanese media's been doing that for years Smile At first it was Wonderland by M.Mrvica, then they moved to the vocal version of Bolero, then, briefly, to Rock Prelude by D.Garett, now it seems they moved on to a new piece... Laugh

shikure wrote:

Based on the make up artist of Mao said Mao changed her design of costume in last minute then he ran to buy new cosmetics and drew new sample for her, then took that to her agency.

Interesting! I can't wait to see the new costume (although I wonder how the olderone looked like Smile ).
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 am

inskate wrote:
Re: music in the background: it's not the first time the skater's music is drowned out by some "grandiose" sounding piece, the Japanese media's been doing that for years Smile At first it was Wonderland by M.Mrvica, then they moved to the vocal version of Bolero, then, briefly, to Rock Prelude by D.Garett, now it seems they moved on to a new piece... Laugh

shikure wrote:

Interesting! I can't wait to see the new costume (although I wonder how the olderone looked like Smile ).

So true Inskate! Laughing you're such a good listener !!!
I think TV asahi always use those music.
I can't wait to see what cut of music Mao uses.

Oh I didn't know that Mao has a make up artist. Didn't she say before that she does her own make up ?

Last edited by ddmm on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 am

ddmm wrote:

Oh I didn't know that Mao has a make up artist. Didn't she say before that she does her own make up ?

IIRC when Mao mentioned she did her own make-up while skating outside of Japan (but worked with a make-up artist while skating in Japan). Her make-up artist followed her to Worlds 2012, though, if I'm not mistaken Smile
IIRC they started working together not so long ago, like 1-2 seasons ago..? I'm not completely sure, though, I don't think it was ever explicitly stated (if it was, I must have missed that). Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:06 pm

inskate wrote:
ddmm wrote:

IIRC when Mao mentioned she did her own make-up while skating outside of Japan (but worked with a make-up artist while skating in Japan). Her make-up artist followed her to Worlds 2012, though, if I'm not mistaken Smile
IIRC they started working together not so long ago, like 1-2 seasons ago..? I'm not completely sure, though, I don't think it was ever explicitly stated (if it was, I must have missed that). Sweatdrop

I'm happy to know that Mao has a make-up artist in every competition, outside or inside of Japan, presentation is very important in figure skating, Mao is natural beauty but she deserves lo look outstanding and glamours in every competition Many Hearts

I'm surprise about the step sequence of her SP, it's so similar to her MP Ex Laugh I hope practicing the step sequence in shows would help Mao to perform her SP with a lot of confidence ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 pm

shikure wrote:
sneak peek of the SP

Thank you for posting this!

I love the footwork. Dance This is going to be awesome, I just know it. Boogie I'm really curious what her costume is going to be like. I can't wait for tomorrow, hopefully her SP will be posted very quickly on youtube.
I was wondering, is the lady who's with Mao from 17 sec onward, her bodyguard?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:33 pm

hey does anyone know how the practice was for the other skaters? i'm really curious!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
hey does anyone know how the practice was for the other skaters? i'm really curious!
I have only practice report if you want Smile
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:14 pm

that would be great polosatik
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Kiira was fighting with the lutz, did 2t-3t, 3t-2t,3lo didn't jump much. Yulia jumped a lot,did 3lo,3f,3l-3t,2a-3t-2t,3l-2t. She was very confident. Mirai was quite good too , she did some good 3t-3t and 2a-3t, attempted lutz a lot but not all her attempts were successful.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:26 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shikure wrote:
sneak peek of the SP

Thank you for posting this!

I love the footwork. Dance This is going to be awesome, I just know it. Boogie I'm really curious what her costume is going to be like. I can't wait for tomorrow, hopefully her SP will be posted very quickly on youtube.
I was wondering, is the lady who's with Mao from 17 sec onward, her bodyguard?

Yes both Dai and Mao have bodyguards arragned by JSF. The lady staying close to Mao is one of them. All Japanese skaters as well as team members are not allowed to go elsewhere than communiting between the hotel and the rink.
It must be a little disappointing for Mao because she usually likes to enjoy the local food (and sometime shopping) after the competition.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Ken Himura wrote:
inskate wrote:
ddmm wrote:

I'm happy to know that Mao has a make-up artist in every competition, outside or inside of Japan, presentation is very important in figure skating, Mao is natural beauty but she deserves lo look outstanding and glamours in every competition Many Hearts

I'm surprise about the step sequence of her SP, it's so similar to her MP Ex Laugh I hope practicing the step sequence in shows would help Mao to perform her SP with a lot of confidence ROTFLMAO

Mr. Mitsugu Takahashi is her make up artist and he works for the ice too. just like what Mao said before, she did her own make-up for offshore competition but when in Japan, they will hire make up artist for her. worlds 2012 was exception, I think agency 's original plan is if Mao was back on top then they can take nice shots then issue new books ( I guess).
Mr. Takahashi also works with her for CM and tv shows. what we saw lately on TV are all from Mr. Takahashi. Mr. Takahashi also shops cosmetics and drew the sample figure (those use in seminar that put color on paper) for her. then she will follow the instruction to do so when without him. For FS, he had told her how to do her FS makeup but for SP one, sounds like they didn't try that so he gave her the sample. If you have twitter, you can follow his account and he will share some old pics when working with Mao, and taka. he also talked about mao changed costume in last minutes then he went to shop some new stuff for her.

I think have those similar movement in EX may bring her joy and let her remember the happiness she skated in the ice.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks guys for the info about her make up. I'm glad to hear Mao gets help for her make up.

Ok, as much as I am looking forwardt to see Mao, I am very curious to see how they will mark Julia. She's confident, her jumps are ok and super flexible but that's all to me.... but her score in Finlandia was huge. I think it's because she's still very young.

BTW, her flexibility looks very scary to me Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:11 pm

shikure wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
inskate wrote:
ddmm wrote:

Mr. Mitsugu Takahashi is her make up artist and he works for the ice too. just like what Mao said before, she did her own make-up for offshore competition but when in Japan, they will hire make up artist for her. worlds 2012 was exception, I think agency 's original plan is if Mao was back on top then they can take nice shots then issue new books ( I guess).
Mr. Takahashi also works with her for CM and tv shows. what we saw lately on TV are all from Mr. Takahashi. Mr. Takahashi also shops cosmetics and drew the sample figure (those use in seminar that put color on paper) for her. then she will follow the instruction to do so when without him. For FS, he had told her how to do her FS makeup but for SP one, sounds like they didn't try that so he gave her the sample. If you have twitter, you can follow his account and he will share some old pics when working with Mao, and taka. he also talked about mao changed costume in last minutes then he went to shop some new stuff for her.

I think have those similar movement in EX may bring her joy and let her remember the happiness she skated in the ice.

Thank you so much Love Hearts for the explanation shikure, you are so kind Thank you!
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 pm

mao is going to have to skate very, very cleanly if she wants to beat yulia. i definitely think that yulia's age factors into her scores. since she's young and small and this is her first season skating with seniors, the judges will let her get away with her small jumps. but since mao is a veteran, she can't get away with small jumps. yulia is very consistent on the ice too, so we can't count on her to mess up to let mao get ahead. i really want mao to win this competition but yulia is also really talented and i am her fan, as well so i don't wish anything bad on her.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Agree. Mao will need to be very clean and confident during her SP this afternoon. Julia rarely botches her jumps. With a flawed 3-3 combo (-1.05 GOE) she still scored 64+ in Finlandia. If Mao uses the same jump content she used first half of last season, the highest she got for a clean program was 64+ at CoR (excluding the 65+ at JNats). She has to skate clean to improve her PCS throughout the season. Even newbies score massive PCS when they skate clean now unlike before when the veterans have the PCS cushion against the jumping newbies. Kiira scored 69+ with a 3-3 combo for that beautiful SP at Finlandia. I want everyone to skate clean so that we'll see how Mao will be placed if she also skates clean and what else she needs to do to be placed on top this season.

---

Saw this link in GS about CoC entries and streaming. Might help us find some suitable streams here so that we can watch later.

http://hotbladeshotpassion.blogspot.ca/2012/10/cup-of-china-2012-streaming-and-entries.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Cup of China   2012 Cup of China - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Cup of China
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next