Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of Russia 2012

Go down 
+8
swan
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Alokya
roma
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
ddmm
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:16 am

No, I can't agree. It seems she tried to add something, but it wasn't even a single jump. And I think (not totally sure) that even if you attempt an axel, if you can't manage it to be at least a 1A, they won't count it as a jump. [/quote]
I don't agree: they counted Yu-Na's half-revolution jump in the 2010 worlds FS, and in the protocol it was recognized as "A" and received no value, so I thought they were going to do the same with Kanako... And the half-revolution axel is actually a real jump, the first one the children learn, we call it the "Waltz jump" so there's no reason to call it a transition... scratch study
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:47 am

But Kanako didn't do even a 1a, so I think it was fair to zero her toe.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
I don't agree: they counted Yu-Na's half-revolution jump in the 2010 worlds FS, and in the protocol it was recognized as "A" and received no value, so I thought they were going to do the same with Kanako... And the half-revolution axel is actually a real jump, the first one the children learn, we call it the "Waltz jump" so there's no reason to call it a transition... scratch study

Well...I don't remember how Yuna's half-rev jump actually seemed, but we all know how special the judges treated her back then, so even if it were the same case, I can't imagine the judges being sweet like that on Kanako. And I prefer it to be that way. If the judges accepted that assumingly half 1A Kanako did as a proper axel, she would've gotten her scores for her last 3T and most likely would've made bronze on the podium. But if that happened, there's gonna be alot of talk on and off the net that Kanako didn't deserve it, and people would start complaining for Agnes's sake. I don't think Kanako would feel good about it if things turned out that way either, cause she did clearly say 'I forgot the axel' as she went off the ice to Higuchi. Yep, Sadly

As much as I'd like to see as many of our Jpnse skaters on the podium as possible, I wouldn't want the judges to be easy on them. Better strict than sweet is how I'd prefer them to treat our skaters, cause I don't want any of them ending up being called inflated or overscored skaters. Esp with Kanako, she's been bashed within the country real bad as being 'overscored'. Those bashers seemed to have calmed down thesedays, but they're probabaly out there somewhere waiting for any excuse to bash her again. So with those mistakes she made both in SP and FP, along with the US girls and Kiira doing well, I think it was better she missed the podium. Drama!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of Russia 2012
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5