Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of Russia 2012

Go down 
+8
swan
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Alokya
roma
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
ddmm
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:08 am

Taka is behind Menshov now and his PCS was lowered again. Suspect Wth is with the men today?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:09 am

Taka was really underscored, I don't know what the hell is happening here..
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:11 am

I can't watch the competition, because I'm at work...what the heck is going on?! Johnny scored only 57?! I agree with Alokya, Mao on a good day would beat 63 points! Patty has this one in the bag me thinks. Yep, Sadly

Go Taka, rock the long program tommorrow!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:12 am

Brezina in fifth. Chan time.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 am

Yeah, Chan should win this short program by a long shot, although he tacked a single onto his two-footed quad. They are going to inflate his PCS by a ton. What a disappointing set - and this is a loaded men's group, almost as loaded as Skate America!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:17 am

OK, why is Taka's PCS only 2 freaking points higher than Gachinski's?!!! Are you kidding me? And on what planet does Michal receive almost the same PCS as Taka?! RIDICULOUS. Very Mad Evil or Very Mad judges are making sure, that Taka doesn't win. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:18 am

I love Patrick this season,he's feeling his program so well, finally. If only he added a 3 to his lutz and this 1t but he was fabulous! cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:20 am

Good grief. I'm sorry - that was a beautiful program from Taka. That deserved AT LEAST a 40 in presentation if not a 42. And Patrick was good... but I think he was overscored by at least a couple of points. The Japanese men really got screwed over here while the Russian men were gifted a few too many points for my liking. Exactly like Skate America with the American skaters. If this happens in the free skate... and if this is the reason why Nobu doesn't make the Grand Prix Final...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:23 am

Alokya wrote:
Good grief. I'm sorry - that was a beautiful program from Taka. That deserved AT LEAST a 40 in presentation if not a 42. And Patrick was good... but I think he was overscored by at least a couple of points. The Japanese men really got screwed over here while the Russian men were gifted a few too many points for my liking. Exactly like Skate America with the American skaters. If this happens in the free skate... and if this is the reason why Nobu doesn't make the Grand Prix Final...
Nobu made a huge mistake a single A, it costed him a lot. Sad And yes, Artur was overscored, but Kostya did really well, so I think he deserved his scores.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:25 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:27 am

Patrick will need an apocalyptic meltdown to lose this tomorrow.

polosatik wrote:
I love Patrick this season,he's feeling his program so well, finally. If only he added a 3 to his lutz and this 1t but he was fabulous! cheers sunny

Now, I need so his sp.

The good thing is, that Yuzu still holds sp world record. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:29 am

polosatik wrote:
Alokya wrote:
Nobu made a huge mistake a single A, it costed him a lot. Sad And yes, Artur was overscored, but Kostya did really well, so I think he deserved his scores.

Fair enough. I do think that Nobu deserved a bit of a higher score than he got, though. Not high, by any means, but higher than what he received. Menshov did do well - he was a lot more fun to watch here than at Skate America.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 am

Can soemeone explain to me how many japanese men skaters are allowed to enter GPF? I thought the rule for the GPF is the same as for Euro, worlds, 4CC (max 3 per country). scratch
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:34 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Can soemeone explain to me how many japanese men skaters are allowed to enter GPF? I thought the rule for the GPF is the same as for Euro, worlds, 4CC (max 3 per country). scratch

Nope - if you qualify, you qualify. It is purely based on points.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:37 am

The funniest thing is that Artur quad in protocols was marked clean, while Taka's got < confused
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:39 am

well the mens competition was really messed up, soo many falls and messed jumps, i felt so sorry for Nathan messing up all his jumps! hope he can have a good comeback in the free along with taka!

Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:46 am

Tomorrow will be interesting to watch how they will underscore Taka so that he can't make the podium.
Kick butts Taka !
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 am

ballerinamao wrote:
well the mens competition was really messed up, soo many falls and messed jumps, i felt so sorry for Nathan messing up all his jumps! hope he can have a good comeback in the free along with taka!

er... who is this Nathan guy? Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:02 am

Did I just see Nobu do a 3T-3T? Wasn't sure cause the stream kept freezing...Guess I missed it because of that. But anyway, 3T-3T? What the hell was that! He already looks like one of the ladies in that terrible costume, if he can't stabilize his quad, it's better he doesn't go for a combo with it. Very disappointed with him today.

IMO, I think they should've scored Denis higher than Nobu. Denis fell alot, but at least he spinned more in the air (though he got URs), and attempted to add a jump in the latter half to do a combo (it wasn't successful yeah, but I think he deserved more credit). And I still think his steps are better than Nobu.

OTOH, not at their best yet, but Brezina and Pattie were definitely getting better than their last competitions. I quite like Brezina's SP this season, so I'd like to see him skate it clean at some point. But the Russian guys did pretty good too and I kind of felt they were underscored. I suppose the judges were ready to give Gachinsky a boost (which wasn't possible for them in the end unfortunately), so they might've been a bit strict to the other Russian guys?

Takahiko was definitely better at SA...but still he had his moments. However starting off his SP with almost under 10 points from Pattie is not a job well done at all. And as for today, I thought Pattie was not overscored, nor that Takahiko was robbed in any way. I thought the scores were pretty fair for the second group. We'll just have to see how much Takahiko can manage to do in his FP.

I'm so sorry for Denis...his chances for the podium is totally gone this time. I think he should dump Frank and got to Orser. If only he can start nailing those jumps, I'm sure he can get at least better PCS. Frank's a fine coach, but he needs a coach who's better at teaching jumps.

I saw Gold's SP again btw...and this time I felt it wasn't the jumps that seemed kind of strange. It was the program on the whole, and the way she skated to the music...frankly I am not fond of her SP choreo, and she's not capable of delivering that kind of program well at all yet. Yeah she skated clean, but I think she was overscored a bit.

Overall, this wasn't one of those most exciting ladies and mens SP competition for sure. I hope eveyone does better in their FPs. The audience deserves to see much better than they did today. No
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:24 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Did I just see Nobu do a 3T-3T? Wasn't sure cause the stream kept freezing...Guess I missed it because of that. But anyway, 3T-3T? What the hell was that! He already looks like one of the ladies in that terrible costume, if he can't stabilize his quad, it's better he doesn't go for a combo with it. Very disappointed with him today.

I'm so sorry for Denis...his chances for the podium is totally gone this time. I think he should dump Frank and got to Orser. If only he can start nailing those jumps, I'm sure he can get at least better PCS. Frank's a fine coach, but he needs a coach who's better at teaching jumps.

ROTFLMAO Pochi, you're not being very nice to Nobu. Hell, no! But I agree, if his quad isn't stable, whay the heck does he add a tripple, not a smart move.

Denis is already working with Rafael from time to time, I don't think he should move to Canada, just switch to Rafael as a primary coach and keep Frank as assistant coach. Yep!

Does anyone know, why Machiko Yamada isn't with Kanako? I think she was absent from SC as well.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 am

Could somebody please explain what the heck happened in ice dance???
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:56 am

sad to see that mao and her flawed programs can even beat some of these men's scores. or not so sad for me as a mao fan. it just shows she's a strong skater and that she's progressed Surprised maybe she'll even beat richard dornbush's score king

i just want to give johnny a great big hug. i haven't watched any of the programs yet. however, i think that even with popped jumps and underrotations and edge calls, a men's short program score shouldn't be that low so perhaps his program is also not so COP friendly. that being said, i haven't lost faith in him and i'm sure he can rise to the top again.

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 am

Alokya wrote:
Could somebody please explain what the heck happened in ice dance???
What do you mean? Question
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 am

I am not understanding the high presentations scores for Ilinykh/Katsapolov. While they are one of my favorite pairs - right behind Meryl and Charlie - their skating skills really aren't that awesome. And with Morozov as their primary coach, I doubt they have improved that much. So.... why are they second? I am glad to see that Tessa and Scott fixed that lift issue they were having, though.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:15 am

Alokya wrote:
I am not understanding the high presentations scores for Ilinykh/Katsapolov. While they are one of my favorite pairs - right behind Meryl and Charlie - their skating skills really aren't that awesome. And with Morozov as their primary coach, I doubt they have improved that much. So.... why are they second? I am glad to see that Tessa and Scott fixed that lift issue they were having, though.
Oh, I agree with you here. I liked Bobrova Soloviev much more this season, but they're not getting such high PCS scores like IK. Interesting, but I guess it's cause they skated at home, my only explanation, their SD is kind of flat. Music is really original but they're not feeling it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of Russia 2012
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next