Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of Russia 2012

Go down 
+8
swan
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Alokya
roma
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
ddmm
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:51 pm

For everyone as miffed as I am about scores, take a look at this. THANK YOU, TONY. I think he does a pretty decent job with his scoring.

http://www.flutzingaround.com/2012/11/i-judge-it-rostelecom-cup-mens-short.html
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:22 am

polosatik wrote:
I love Patrick this season,he's feeling his program so well, finally. If only he added a 3 to his lutz and this 1t but he was fabulous! cheers sunny

Thought so too! Pattie and Brezina may still not be in perfect shape, but they're getting better and better. I really like Brezina's SP this season, and would love to see him skate it clean at some point. I also think Pattie is doing a pretty good job adjusting to the new styles of choreos in his pros this season. I'm guessing he would've been doing alot better from JO if he only sticked to his former types of choreos, but he's challenging new stuff and I always like a skater doing that. Thumbs up!

I also thought most of the Russian guys did quite well too. For some, I even kind of felt they deserved a bit more scores...it seemed to me like the judges didn't reward them much cause they were planning to boost Gachinski way higher than they actually did. scratch

I can see I'm minority here, but I don't think Nobu was underscored that much. I've always adored him, he means alot to me, but he's not one of those skaters who can get high scores unless he nails his jumps in an international competition. Plus 3T-3T isn't at all admirable for a guy's SP...and he wasn't totally into the music as I'd wanted him to be this time. Sad

Takahiko might've been slightly underscored...but IMO, just slightly. His SP performance was way worse than how well he did it in SA. I'm not frustrated at the judges for scoring him that way. He's probably very unsatisfied on how he did himself (that's the kind of attitude I like in him), so the SP result may work in a good way pushing him into doing much better in FP...at least that's what I hope will happen. Cheering

Personally my biggest shock was Denis blowing all his jumps...the only relief was that he didn't seem too depressed about it like he used to. I can't be sure, but I think he's starting to build a stronger mentality which I truely wish would do him better in his FP. Yep!

As for ladies...I take back what I said about Gold's jumps seeming strange. I watched her performance over, and it's not the jumps I have a problem with. It's her pro which I don't like, and she hasn't properly adapted to it either. I haven't seen much of her past performances, but that SP seemed definitely not her style. Gold is so cute and adorable, she should be skating pros which fit her more better. I hated those sexy postures here and there...who the hell did the choreo? Now if you compare Gold's SP to Kiira's, I'm think maybe some of you who think she's overscored all the time (I do agree that it does happen often though), can at least see how actually graceful Kiira is afterall. Mad

Now I'm only hoping Adelina and Kanako can really show what they're capable of in FP...the US girls did quite well, I'm not against their rankings in SP, but I can't help feeling their performances lack beauty compared to the others...with the exception of Leonova that is, sorry but I still can't get myself to be fond of the way she skates. I know she's not a Mao type skater but has other good qualities, but she's simply just not my type. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:53 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
As for ladies...I take back what I said about Gold's jumps seeming strange. I watched her performance over, and it's not the jumps I have a problem with. It's her pro which I don't like, and she hasn't properly adapted to it either. I haven't seen much of her past performances, but that SP seemed definitely not her style. Gold is so cute and adorable, she should be skating pros which fit her more better. I hated those sexy postures here and there...who the hell did the choreo? Now if you compare Gold's SP to Kiira's, I'm think maybe some of you who think she's overscored all the time (I do agree that it does happen often though), can at least see how actually graceful Kiira is afterall. Mad

I agree, it was awkward watching her sexy poses and expressions. I think they wanted to give her an "adult" appearance so she'd fit in the seniors, but went about it in the wrong way.

My problem with Kiira is, that she's receiving scores that she doesn't deserve for what she puts on the ice. I mean she received level 4 footwork in BOTH her programs at CoC, while Mao received level 3 for her LP. You can't compare these two, Mao is far better than Kiira. People at other forums are calling Kiira's PCS a" beatuty PCS" and I agree with them.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:50 am

Thanks Pochi for the link!

Why isn't Yamada with Kanako? Is evetything OK with her?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:51 am

Kanako was visibly clean but had a lot of UR and DG that hurts her TES really badly Sad
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:55 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Thanks Pochi for the link!

Why isn't Yamada with Kanako? Is evetything OK with her?

I have no idea why Yamada wasn't there! Shocked

But I thought Kanako performed pretty well in her FP. Even with the stream freezing from time to time, though her jumps weren't all terrific, I thought she's improved quite alot in her steps. So I kind of feel she deserved more PCS...but I have to see her performance without the screen freezing first to be sure about that.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:58 am

Adelina is killing me, 3 falls, no please, help her !! I think she need a psychologist or another coach, i don't know. Sad
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:00 am

wow adelina had a really hard time out there!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:03 am

polosatik wrote:
Adelina is killing me, 3 falls, no please, help her !! I think she need a psychologist or another coach, i don't know. Sad

Shoot! I really wanted her to do better this time!!!!
I can see she's really struggling...feel so sorry for her... Sad

Sorry Gracie fans, but I'm really not in the mood to see her on top of the podium not just yet. Never thought I'd be saying this, but I'd prefer Leonova in the middle if that's what it'll take to not let that happen.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:06 am

Russian ladies feel a lot of pressure and it really get them. I don't even want to think what can happen at OG Bawling
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:07 am

I hope murakami will keep leading, i prefer her freeskate to alena!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:12 am

Expectations bury our ladies, I can't watch it Depressed Crying It's too much for fans and skaters. And our commentator really spoke up, our Federation want to kill our ladies till Sochi? How much pressure can they handle?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:15 am

agnes really surprised
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:19 am

oh, Agnes won by a few !!! If only Kana's short was better,oh well...
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:21 am

ballerinamao wrote:
agnes really surprised

Yes...despite how boring the choreo was, she did well!
But I liked Leonova's steps more.
Still, better Agnes than Gold winning for me...but hey wait a sec...Kiira's doing good so far. If she can manage to keep it clean till the end I bet you she'll be on top...but rats, she just fell... Sad
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:27 am

what the ----- how the hell did kira get 115 i was soo sure murakami would still rank above her, this is really schocking now I want gracie to win!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:33 am

Okay, I'm pretty sure now Kiira's gonna win this one...and I'm happy about it!
Gracie's charming but her skating isn't mature enough to beat her even if Kiira had a fall IMO.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:38 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Okay, I'm pretty sure now Kiira's gonna win this one...and I'm happy about it!
Gracie's charming but her skating isn't mature enough to beat her even if Kiira had a fall IMO.

I agree Gracie's skating isn't mature enough, but seriously, how did Kiira scored 115 with that skate?! Very Mad 60 in PCS?!!! Suspect I'm sorry, but IMO it's ridiculous.

polosatik, I completely agree, by Sotchi the only two left standing will be Yulia and Liza if the fed will continue to pressure these girls.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:39 am

I couldn't believe my eyes, that was soo inflanted, I would have had Gracie in 1st, Agnes 2, Murakami 3rd, and kira 4th. that was seriously sad to see! remember Kira got that score with a fall, makes it even more LMAO, this was really an insult to the other skaters! who really delievered both technically and artistically!

I would prefer all the other threes performance over kira's anytime!

Last edited by ballerinamao on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:40 am

ballerinamao wrote:
what the ----- how the hell did kira get 115 i was soo sure murakami would still rank above her, this is really schocking now I want gracie to win!

Beauty PCS and apparently to judges, everything she does is sooo good. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:55 am

this is really going to far, i want to see the protocol maybe that will make a bit more sense then!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:00 am

I'm surprised Kana got only one < , but she did two flips and her toe got zero No That cost her medal here. I don't like Kiira skating, but she deserved to win. Even with a fall, she had flip and lutz, and her mistakes were only a fall on the loop and doubling her loop in combo. To be honest it was the best from Kiira in FS for years! Usually she pops her jumps a lot. Do you remember a lutz and a flip from Kiira? Though she has an edge call on her flip, still she was good enough to win and everyone else was just blah... The worst competition in ladies in GP series.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:00 am

I've just seen the pairs SP, I love the new look on Bazarova, but I'm not fond of Maxim's new look. He looks weird.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:01 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I've just seen the pairs SP, I love the new look on Bazarova, but I'm not fond of Maxim's new look. He looks weird.
At previous competition he looked like..Hitler Suspect Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2012   Cup of Russia 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of Russia 2012
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next