Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 Trophee Eric Bompard

Go down 
+11
Lady_in_black
PochinkoPotanko
maowataiyo
swan
chiyori
Mao2012
ballerinamao
roma
ddmm
zarinaballerina
Alokya
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:58 am

why do I have a feeling ashley is going to win every title this year e__e...... mao should step up her game cos ashley is a real threat...
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:59 am

Did Ashley go for a 3-3? Because 190+ with no 3-3 does seem a bit exaggerated. I'll have to watch the program and see if I feel differently afterwards.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:59 am

swan wrote:
i think we can just crown ashley with that GPF title now. confused

NO WAY IN HELL

she really walks through her program with nothing but her hideous posing, eww
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 pm

this may sound pessimistic, but unless mao can get her jumps straight and skate insanely confidently, i don't see her winning against ashley anytime soon. the judges are loving ashley's confidence and style of skating.
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Does it look like Julia still has a chance?
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
Did Ashley go for a 3-3? Because 190+ with no 3-3 does seem a bit exaggerated. I'll have to watch the program and see if I feel differently afterwards.

If I'm not wrong, no 3-3 from Ashley in either SP and FP.

PCS too high for me.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
swan wrote:
i think we can just crown ashley with that GPF title now. confused

NO WAY IN HELL

she really walks through her program with nothing but her hideous posing, eww

yeah, i hate her stiffness, strange posture, and choreography too. but the judges are just loving her this season. and with mao's juniorish choreography in the short program and juniorish jumps... sadly, i don't see her winning against ashley. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:03 pm

wait and see when Yuna comes back.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 pm

kenkyo wrote:
why do I have a feeling ashley is going to win every title this year e__e...... mao should step up her game cos ashley is a real threat...

Hm, maybe Ashley will win GPF we'll see, but I honestly don't see her winning every title. Don't forget that Mao has always been a "late bloomer" so I see her skating much better later in the season.

IF Mao skates somewhat clean, maybe one UR she should beat Ashley, but she HAS to skate with confidence, like she's the freaking best thing figure skating has ever seen. And hopefully she'll start adding 3-3 soon.

Last edited by zarinaballerina on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:07 pm

I agree with you all - this choreography is horrid. I love Samson and Delilah, but that music was cut wrong. And she SLOWS DOWN during the dramatic bits! What on earth?? I do think that Ashley deserved a high score, although her PCS should have been a couple points lower. The rest we can attribute to idiotic judges.

Mao has clear superiority to Ashley's technique. She actually EMOTES that music. She becomes a part of that ballet. I am hoping that the judges see that in the GPF.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 pm

ddmm wrote:
wait and see when Yuna comes back.

i may not like yu-na in the same caliber that i love mao, but i feel more at peace with yu-na scoring higher than mao than ashley scoring higher than mao. but yeah, a strong, clean yu-na has to outscore whatever ashley pulls out her butt on the ice. now if she even beats yu-na all hell will break loose and not just with yu-na's extremist fans.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Alokya wrote:
I agree with you all - this choreography is horrid. I love Samson and Delilah, but that music was cut wrong. And she SLOWS DOWN during the dramatic bits! What on earth?? I do think that Ashley deserved a high score, although her PCS should have been a couple points lower. The rest we can attribute to idiotic judges.

Mao has clear superiority to Ashley's technique. She actually EMOTES that music. She becomes a part of that ballet. I am hoping that the judges see that in the GPF.

i admit, part of me dislikes ashley's samson & delilah program because in my heart i believe nobody can skate that better than joannie. what joannie did was pure emotion!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Guys don't forget that Mao scored 118+ for a very flawed program. Imagine what will happen when she'll skate it clean, and yes I used when instead of if, because I do believe she'll manage a clean Swan lake this season.

She will blow everyone away, and her PCS should go through the roof, I easily see her score well into 130+
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

IF Mao skates somewhat clean, maybe one UR she should beat Ashley, but she HAS to skate with confidence, like she's the freaking best thing figure skating has ever seen. And hopefully she'll start adding 3-3 soon.

What frustrates me is that Mao needs a 3-3 to be taken more seriously as a real threat and a competitor, but other skaters like Ashley and Caro don't seem to need it at all confused
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Ashley's PCS here is higher than Mao's COC PCS by 0.29. However, she did perform even better here than at SA while Mao was still tentative at COC. And if you watched the JO and COC videos Mao was a bit delayed at COC with some choreo taken out. At JO even with a tentative skate her swan got 67+ PCS. I think she deserves her score here.

swan wrote:
this may sound pessimistic, but unless mao can get her jumps straight and skate insanely confidently, i don't see her winning against ashley anytime soon. the judges are loving ashley's confidence and style of skating.

She wants that title and she's showing the judges she has what it takes to get it. I think what she's doing the past last season and now are the kind of programs the judges prefer. Just look at how they scored Yuna's programs before. Its just that Yuna's tech is much better.

Mao really has to step up. No more tentative skates. She can still score very high even without a 3-3, just make sure she skates clean or rather fix those URs and get more GOEs. Akiko is not getting some love from the judges this season so far even if she's now a world medalist. And just look at Alena this season, too. That's why Mao should step up to it.

---

Mistakes from Julia again. Liza got silver!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

i agree zarinnaballerina I am soo looking forward to see Mao in her best condition, if she really shows her best condition Mao's score will be huge! and like you said Mao is a late bloomer!

but seriously to give ashley that score for that program seriously makes me want to laugh, cause when i watched her i couldn't help but laughing when seeing all her posing, here there and every where!

when i read her interview i wanted to laugh even more, calling this hideous choreography for telling a story lol. I have to make a confession I think the worst program of the season is ahleys free skate never seen anything soo shallow and a skater who is soo stiff when skating! goodness me!

Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:16 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

What frustrates me is that Mao needs a 3-3 to be taken more seriously as a real threat and a competitor, but other skaters like Ashley and Caro don't seem to need it at all confused

yeah, this is very annoying, isn't it? i think judges just aren't as interested in mao's skating. No
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Well...but Mao got a 60something PCS with no 3-3 too. I think Ashley did much better in her FP tonight than she did in SA, and I felt she deserved a high PCS. Anyway, I think we should all take a look at the protocols first.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2012/gpfra2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Now when you take a look at the levels the judges gave to Ashleys spins and steps, they're not as I assumed at all. They weren't at all that sweet to her on GOEs either when you compare hers with Liza and see that there's not much difference. I guess the biggest difference is the PCS, but if not at SA, I really do think she deserved it this time and I'm not saying this because I like her. She did skate with alot of passion and energy tonight, I think she was fairly rewarded this time. But I of course respect different views from mine, so never mind me if you don't agree. It's not my intension to start any debate here. Besides, it's pretty late in Jpn now, I'm going to sleep! Good night all! Zzzz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
i agree zarinnaballerina I am soo looking forward to see Mao in her best condition, if she really shows her best condition Mao's score will be huge! and like you said Mao is a late bloomer!

but seriously to give ashley that score for that program seriously makes me want to laugh, cause when i watched her i couldn't help but laughing when seeing all her posing, here there and every where!

when i read her interview i wanted to laugh even more, calling this hideous choreography for telling a story lol. I have to make a confession I think the worst program of the season is ahleys free skate never seen anything soo shallow and a skater who is soo stiff when skating! goodness me!

THIS. It's why, I don't see Mao having troubles beating her as long as she doesn't UR most of her jumps and skates with confidence. I do believe she's getting there. I don't care if Mao wins GPF or not, I want her to shine at 4CC and especially at worlds!

Also as ridiculous as Ashley's PCS is, she got it skating her best, Mao received slightly lower PCS for a flawed, tentative program. Judges are loving Mao this year and that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2012/gpfra2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Ashley still has a flutz
Liza's 3L is "<"
Julia got "e" on both Lutz

ElleluvsL wrote:

What frustrates me is that Mao needs a 3-3 to be taken more seriously as a real threat and a competitor, but other skaters like Ashley and Caro don't seem to need it at all

Don't think like that. Mao still hasn't skated clean in a long time. She will score higher if she finally skates clean. Hopefully she'll do that next week and jump without URs. She's giving a lot of points away with those pops and URs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Mao is a perfectionist, so I am sure she will have worked on jumping higher.

I am actually a bit worried that Ashley is peaking a bit too early in the season. We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:25 pm

roma wrote:
Ashley's PCS here is higher than Mao's COC PCS by 0.29. However, she did perform even better here than at SA while Mao was still tentative at COC. And if you watched the JO and COC videos Mao was a bit delayed at COC with some choreo taken out. At JO even with a tentative skate her swan got 67+ PCS. I think she deserves her score here.

swan wrote:

She wants that title and she's showing the judges she has what it takes to get it. I think what she's doing the past last season and now are the kind of programs the judges prefer. Just look at how they scored Yuna's programs before. Its just that Yuna's tech is much better.

Mao really has to step up. No more tentative skates. She can still score very high even without a 3-3, just make sure she skates clean or rather fix those URs and get more GOEs. Akiko is not getting some love from the judges this season so far even if she's now a world medalist. And just look at Alena this season, too. That's why Mao should step up to it.

---

Mistakes from Julia again. Liza got silver!

because of mao's team, i don't think this is going to happen very soon. but, we can all hope for the best for nhk trophy! flower
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:25 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

But I of course respect different views from mine, so never mind me if you don't agree. It's not my intension to start any debate here. Besides, it's pretty late in Jpn now, I'm going to sleep! Good night all! Zzzz

This is exactly why I LOVE this forum so much. We can express our opinions without being affraid of getting attacked by other different thinking forum members.
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm waaay too excited for NHK...going to be really interesting...
so im guessing ashley is now joining kiira to the GPF, who else made it??
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:33 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Well...but Mao got a 60something PCS with no 3-3 too. I think Ashley did much better in her FP tonight than she did in SA, and I felt she deserved a high PCS. Anyway, I think we should all take a look at the protocols first.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2012/gpfra2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Now when you take a look at the levels the judges gave to Ashleys spins and steps, they're not as I assumed at all. They weren't at all that sweet to her on GOEs either when you compare hers with Liza and see that there's not much difference. I guess the biggest difference is the PCS, but if not at SA, I really do think she deserved it this time and I'm not saying this because I like her. She did skate with alot of passion and energy tonight, I think she was fairly rewarded this time. But I of course respect different views from mine, so never mind me if you don't agree. It's not my intension to start any debate here. Besides, it's pretty late in Jpn now, I'm going to sleep! Good night all! Zzzz

I expected Ashley to win and I like (but not love silent ) her skating as well. So I have no problem with her winning here. But from what I've seen of her programs, did she really deserve 190+ which was higher than what Caro won Worlds this year with iirc? I am extremely curious to watch her programs here and see how she holds up throughout the rest of the season because it seems like maybe she really is peaking too early...

So far it looks like Ashley, Kiira, Julia, and Liza have all made the final.

Last edited by ElleluvsL on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Trophee Eric Bompard   2012 Trophee Eric Bompard - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Trophee Eric Bompard
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next