Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US Nationals 2013

Go down 
+18
inskate
skating_fanatic
fefe_sky
klarification
ballerinamao
ddmm
koala_lover
swan
roma
Star85
COHK
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
shar
l-spiralmao
Mao_Asada_sunrise
zarinaballerina
Alokya
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Hey, so the novice competitions for US Nationals are set to start tomorrow. Predictions?

Mine are (for seniors, as I'm not particularly interested in novices or juniors)...

Men
1. Ross Miner
2. Jeremy Abbott
3. Adam Rippon

Ladies
1. Ashley Wagner
2. Christina Gao
3. Mirai Nagasu
This is assuming Alissa is too injured to compete. If she will compete... I am going to place her off the podium still... or maybe third. She has severe competition nerves, and she hasn't competed all year so far.

Pairs
1. Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir
Nobody else in US pairs exactly matters right now as Denney/Coughlin and Yankowskas/Reagan are out. I'm not sure many people know anybody at the senior level besides those three pairs at this point, and as two are out for injury...

Ice Dance
1. Meryl Davis/Charlie White
2. Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani
3. Madison Chock/Evan Bates

What do you all think? Post your own predictions!

Oh, Aldridge/Eaton are going to KILL the junior ice dance competition. They are our future of ice dance once Meryl and Charlie retire.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Ok, I'm confused is evan skipping nationals? I haven't been to other boards in a while, so I'm completely in the dark.

I agree with men's standing, however US fed seems to like Richard Dornbush so i see some overscoring here, unless he bombs.

So my prediction for men is:
1. Ross Miner (it'll be amazing if he wins, he really improved)
2. Jeremy Abbott
3Adam Rippon/Rick Dornbush

For the ladies Ashley has this one in the bag, unless she has an off night, but I don't see Christina in 2nd, especially with Gracie (who is supposed to be a saviour for US skating) competing. I doubt US is going to risk it and send christina to worlds.

So IMO, ladies podium is going to be:
1. Ashley
2. Gracie
3. Agnes/Mirai

What happened to Denney/Coughlin? Hopefully it's nothing serious. if they don't compete at worlds, then I'm affraid USA will only have 1 spot at Oly's. Yep, Sadly

I like your prediction for ice dance, but I hope Chock/Bates will somehow beat Sibutanis. Razz Not likely, but I can hope. there's also Hubbel/Donohue, ice dance is going to be very interesting. Yep!
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:05 pm

I have no clue what is going on with Evan for nationals. Personally, though... even if he does come in, he has been slated to return for, what, two years now? I know that a year ago it was a money issue, but he pulled out of Skate America with a groin injury. That has to hurt. So... even if he does compete, I doubt he can pull off the big tricks against Jeremy or Ross. I agree, I hope Ross wins - he has been the ONLY decent American in the ranks internationally for the past couple of years. Frank Carroll is all talk - remember him saying that Mirai had a 3A and a 3Lz-3T in 2011 when it was revealed that Rachael had an injury at worlds? Yeah... hahahahaha. No. I wish Armin would become consistent... I love him a lot.

Gracie has been so bloody inconsistent this season. If she ever gets consistent, she could challenge Ashley for the title. And Agnes... great short program... has NEVER done a good free skate. I wish her the best - she is lovely to watch. But I'm going to give it to the veteran (Mirai) who was beyond ticked off at herself last nationals for what happened. I'm sure that that gave her a laser focus on this season. And as you said, Christina is also inconsistent. She is lovely, though... we'll see what happens! I hope she doesn't pull a Rachael Flatt in that going to Harvard puts too much pressure on her skating.

I have only seen Ricky bomb this year - and last year. In all honesty, I hope he bombs again. US Figure Skating was beyond idiotic when they sent him to worlds or 4CC last year when he came in 12th. They need to realize that he isn't the star they thought he was.

Coughlin had surgery in Vail, CO for a laburnum tear (hip injury). I think Castelli/Shapir have a decent chance of retaining two spots because they did medal in a Grand Prix... NHK, I think?

I agree... Hubbel/Donahue vs. Chock/Bates will be interesting! I'm excited to see what happens there. I just think that Chock/Bates have a better chance of winning now that Igor has his full attention on them. I don't think that anybody will beat the Shibs beyond Meryl and Charlie - too much backing from USFSA.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:19 pm

I hope Mirai does extremely well! I think it'll boost her confidence back up again!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Alokya wrote:
I have no clue what is going on with Evan for nationals. Personally, though... even if he does come in, he has been slated to return for, what, two years now? I know that a year ago it was a money issue, but he pulled out of Skate America with a groin injury. That has to hurt. So... even if he does compete, I doubt he can pull off the big tricks against Jeremy or Ross. I agree, I hope Ross wins - he has been the ONLY decent American in the ranks internationally for the past couple of years. Frank Carroll is all talk - remember him saying that Mirai had a 3A and a 3Lz-3T in 2011 when it was revealed that Rachael had an injury at worlds? Yeah... hahahahaha. No. I wish Armin would become consistent... I love him a lot.

Gracie has been so bloody inconsistent this season. If she ever gets consistent, she could challenge Ashley for the title. And Agnes... great short program... has NEVER done a good free skate. I wish her the best - she is lovely to watch. But I'm going to give it to the veteran (Mirai) who was beyond ticked off at herself last nationals for what happened. I'm sure that that gave her a laser focus on this season. And as you said, Christina is also inconsistent. She is lovely, though... we'll see what happens! I hope she doesn't pull a Rachael Flatt in that going to Harvard puts too much pressure on her skating.

I have only seen Ricky bomb this year - and last year. In all honesty, I hope he bombs again. US Figure Skating was beyond idiotic when they sent him to worlds or 4CC last year when he came in 12th. They need to realize that he isn't the star they thought he was.

Coughlin had surgery in Vail, CO for a laburnum tear (hip injury). I think Castelli/Shapir have a decent chance of retaining two spots because they did medal in a Grand Prix... NHK, I think?

I agree... Hubbel/Donahue vs. Chock/Bates will be interesting! I'm excited to see what happens there. I just think that Chock/Bates have a better chance of winning now that Igor has his full attention on them. I don't think that anybody will beat the Shibs beyond Meryl and Charlie - too much backing from USFSA.

Personally, and this is only my opinion, I think the money issue was just an excuse for Evan, I don't think he was ready, so this was a convenient excuse. It sucks about his groin injury, this are very painful, but I've always doubted his return. I mean he's won (imo unfairly) the biggest prize and since there is NO WAY he'll be able to repeat this, heck I don't even see him on Oly's podium in Sochi, so what's the point? IMO it was all a publicity stunt, to keep his name in the press.

I agree about Ricky situation, what they did to Armin last year was beyond disrespectful. Sending a guy to 4CC who placed 12th (I think) at nats over Armin who was 4th! Evil or Very Mad I know this is mean, but watching Ricky bomb at 4CC was the best thing I've seen. Seriously USFSA wake up already!!!

About Gracie; yes, she's had a bit of a tough start (imo due to nerves), but she did placed 2nd at CoR and judges do seem to like her, unlike Agnes, so I think it'll be either Mirai (but she'll have to be very good) or Gracie. My money is still on Gracie though. Remember 2009 when Alyssa won with like 3 triples?! It'll come down to whom USFSA prefers. Yep!
And I absolutely agree, once Gracie becomes consistent, it's bye bye Ashley.

I'm really rooting for Chock/Bates, so i hope they'll make it to worlds team! I wonder will Igor be in Zagreb at euro's or with Chock/Bates at nats...
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Predictions (this is only for the stuff I care about)

Men

Abbott Wub
Miner
Joshua Farris (I hope!)

Ladies

Wagner
Gold
Nagasu

Ice Dance

D/W
S/S
C/B or H/D

Junior Ladies

Barbie Long
Polina Edmunds
Karen Chen

Junior Ice Dance

A/E (obviously)
H/B
M/C

Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:22 pm

So, Alissa is officially gone because she dislocated her hip. That is going to be a long recovery time... if she never comes back to competition, I won't be surprised.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=48878&type=media
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Alokya wrote:
So, Alissa is officially gone because she dislocated her hip. That is going to be a long recovery time... if she never comes back to competition, I won't be surprised.

NO WAY!!!!!! I like Alissa though. Aw!!!!!!!! It's between Ashley, Mirai, and Christina now. Well, at least for me.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Alokya wrote:

Wow, that's horrible! More than being able to compete again, I hope she can heal 100%. I don't want her to have any perminant damages. I wish her the best.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:05 am

Alokya wrote:

Wow this sounds really painful. pale Depressed Crying Can an athlete ever come back to his/her full form after this? Especially in figure skating where there's a lot of jumping.
And so close to the Olympics, I really feel for her.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:48 am

Poor Alissa, I love her skating since 2006 , even I know she may not come back to skating, but I still wish to see her at least in shows after she fully recovers. Sad
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:15 am

I'm sorry for Alissa. But I hope she'll come to her senses and stop being vegetarian.
She has had too many injuries compared to other skaters. I think she needs to eat at least some fish in order to avoid further injuries. She has to get more muscles which are attached to the bones of the human body which will work as a cushion whenever she falls etc. IMO. She's an athlete, not an animal rights organization member (or is she the latter too?)... pale

Not gonna predict the results but I'll note my dream top 3 rankings for US Nats:

Mens: 1.Jeremey 2.Adam 3.Miner
Ladies: 1.Mirai 2.Gracie or Christina 3.Ashley

But I don't really mind them being in any order, except for Jeremy winning the title. Just hope the skaters I mentioned makes the podium! Cheering

BTW:And is Evan going to be entering? Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:11 pm

This is not directly related to US Nationals, but I enjoyed reading this interview with the famous coach "Mr. Nicks" from Icenetwork:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130114&content_id=40951390&vkey=ice_news

Actually, the interview "hints" something about the students he's coaching currently...
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:34 pm

There's no official word as to whether Evan will or will not be there. I was going to guess that he's not after going to his wikipedia page and reading that he was supposed to be off the ice for 6 weeks as of Nov. 20th. That would mean he was just able to start skating again just about a couple weeks ago. However, I just looked at the official practice groups (which was updated as of yesterday, and does include Alissa or any other withdrawn skaters), and he is on there. I'm guessing they are probably keeping a spot open for him with a small hope he'll come. I really don't think that's gonna happen though given his current circumstance.

http://www.2013uschampionships.com/documents/official-practice-group.PDF

My podium predictions:

Ladies:
1. Ashley
2. Christina
3. Mirai

Men:
1. Jeremy
2. Ross
3. Armin

Pairs:
Who the hell knows???.... I don't really know enough about any of these pairs to make an educated guess. I recognize some names but that's about it Sad

Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 pm

COHK wrote:
This is not directly related to US Nationals, but I enjoyed reading this interview with the famous coach "Mr. Nicks" from Icenetwork:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130114&content_id=40951390&vkey=ice_news

Actually, the interview "hints" something about the students he's coaching currently...

Mr Nicks is a wonderful coach. I love how calm and grounded he seemed despite his achievements. He's done so much as a coach already. When I read this article, specially this quote:

Quote :

I mean, Ashley is a 21-year-old woman; I'm not too interested in what she does socially. As I have told her, as long as you come to the rink in good shape mentally and physically, we will be fine. I've made that very clear to her.

I seem to think that coach Sato is like him. Smile

However, I'm quite unsure as to how to take that leaning towards retirement at the end of Worlds this year. I wonder how Ashley took that even if he said he's willing to give her some lessons if she wants aside from continuing to support her. Sochi is already around the corner and a trusted coach is very much needed. It's with Mr Nicks she gained consistency and momentum. I'm sure she doesn't want to end that partnership this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 pm

I love Mr Nicks since Sasha era. He is very strict but he knows what he is doing really well. He is my favourite coach of all time, he has a good sense of humour too Very Happy Ashley made a right choice of working with him, she really improved a lot, especially her presentation. She learned how to be confident, this is really important in a sport, to believe in yourself and show no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Seems everybody's predictions became true - didn't shock me a bit. Evan is officially out of US Nationals. I'm going to laugh my head off at Johnny and Evan next year when they try to make the Olympic teams. I hope they don't, honestly. I want Jeremy, Ross, and/or Adam to go. Definitely Ross at the very least.

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48896&type=media
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Alokya wrote:
Seems everybody's predictions became true - didn't shock me a bit. Evan is officially out of US Nationals. I'm going to laugh my head off at Johnny and Evan next year when they try to make the Olympic teams. I hope they don't, honestly. I want Jeremy, Ross, and/or Adam to go. Definitely Ross at the very least.

Wait. Why laugh? They can't qualify or something?
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Alokya wrote:

They each have the egos the size of three elephants put together and think that they can make Sochi. Evan will have half a year of competition experience after three years of being out of the sport when he hits US nationals next year, and although Johnny Weir did gain some valuable experience this season, he can no longer compete with the big shots of the sport - even among the US men. I mean, if they were decent human beings I'd be okay, but both of them have such humongous egos it's ridiculous. Yes, Johnny, you're a gay spokesperson and have a huge fan base due to your eccentricity - that doesn't make you the god of figure skating. And Evan, I do realize that you're the defending Olympic men's champion, but that doesn't exactly make you a god, either, especially when that win was extremely contested. They're both taking it for granted that they will make it to Sochi - Johnny less so than Evan - and in this article in particular, Evan is pretty much assuming that he will get to defend his Olympic title. I honestly doubt that they will have enough competition experience to do it. And it's time that others went to the Olympics from the US and got that experience. You won a medal, Evan. Let someone else do it, especially when you've been out of the sport so long (that's my thing with Plushenko, too).
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Alokya wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Alokya wrote:

They each have the egos the size of three elephants put together and think that they can make Sochi. Evan will have half a year of competition experience after three years of being out of the sport when he hits US nationals next year, and although Johnny Weir did gain some valuable experience this season, he can no longer compete with the big shots of the sport - even among the US men. I mean, if they were decent human beings I'd be okay, but both of them have such humongous egos it's ridiculous. Yes, Johnny, you're a gay spokesperson and have a huge fan base due to your eccentricity - that doesn't make you the god of figure skating. And Evan, I do realize that you're the defending Olympic men's champion, but that doesn't exactly make you a god, either, especially when that win was extremely contested. They're both taking it for granted that they will make it to Sochi - Johnny less so than Evan - and in this article in particular, Evan is pretty much assuming that he will get to defend his Olympic title. I honestly doubt that they will have enough competition experience to do it. And it's time that others went to the Olympics from the US and got that experience. You won a medal, Evan. Let someone else do it, especially when you've been out of the sport so long (that's my thing with Plushenko, too).

i got the same impression of evan, as well. it makes me try to remember what he was like before he won the olympics. as for johnny, i don't know what to think of him anymore. he goes on twitter asking for donations from fans yet he lives so extravagantly (does he own anything that isn't from a big-time designer/expensive brand name?). i used to love, love, love johnny but now i don't know what to do with him anymore. he's in such a financial bind that he's auctioning off his stuff. apparently you can shop for some of his stuff here:

http://stores.ebay.com/Lindas-Stuff/_i.html?_nkw=johnnyweirnj&submit=Search&LH_TitleDesc=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m310&_sid=30121573

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 3:50 am

Alokya wrote:
They each have the egos the size of three elephants put together and think that they can make Sochi. Evan will have half a year of competition experience after three years of being out of the sport when he hits US nationals next year, and although Johnny Weir did gain some valuable experience this season, he can no longer compete with the big shots of the sport - even among the US men. I mean, if they were decent human beings I'd be okay, but both of them have such humongous egos it's ridiculous. Yes, Johnny, you're a gay spokesperson and have a huge fan base due to your eccentricity - that doesn't make you the god of figure skating. And Evan, I do realize that you're the defending Olympic men's champion, but that doesn't exactly make you a god, either, especially when that win was extremely contested.
Thumbs up! I couldn't have said it better myself! And I still can't understand how on Earth was Evan able to land all those sponsorship deals and appearances like Dancing with the stars. The guy has ABSOLUTELY no charisma and is boring as hell, IMO.

Alokya wrote:
They're both taking it for granted that they will make it to Sochi - Johnny less so than Evan - and in this article in particular, Evan is pretty much assuming that he will get to defend his Olympic title. I honestly doubt that they will have enough competition experience to do it. And it's time that others went to the Olympics from the US and got that experience. You won a medal, Evan. Let someone else do it, especially when you've been out of the sport so long (that's my thing with Plushenko, too).

ROTFLMAO How is he going to defend his Oly's title? Doesn't he have any eyes to see what the big guns are doing? At his best he couldn't come anywhere near them, let alone now. But since I have a feeling that USFSA will put him on the team no matter what, I hope that whoever is going to Canada worlds, will win 3 spots so at least two other guys get to go.

I have no problem with Evan going to Sochi IF he deservingly qualifyes, same for Plushy, it's not his fault that he's still so good and better than other Russian men. Why should he step down when he's victories are deserved? I'd say let other russian men step up if they want to compete in Sochi. IMO.

swan wrote:
i got the same impression of evan, as well. it makes me try to remember what he was like before he won the olympics. as for johnny, i don't know what to think of him anymore. he goes on twitter asking for donations from fans yet he lives so extravagantly (does he own anything that isn't from a big-time designer/expensive brand name?). i used to love, love, love johnny but now i don't know what to do with him anymore. he's in such a financial bind that he's auctioning off his stuff.

I think Evan started being arrogant since he won a world medal, though not as much as he is now. Well success does change most people. Yep, Sadly

I'm not surprised Johnny is broke, handling money was never his forte. Didn't he buy an apartment for 1 million dollars after Olympics? And all those designer clothes and bags, that costs a fortune. I do find it disrespectful of him to ask his fans for donations, after living such lavish lifestyle. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:25 am

Evan has kept on saying he wants to compete but each time decides otherwise at the last minute. It doesn't do him any favors. For me, I'm irritated by it. At least Johnny tried to and managed to compete in I think 1.5 competitions and admits it's a difficult thing to achieve now with the current standards. A lot of skaters are working hard to get an Olympic spot. Evan's been out of competition for so long. If he wants to defend his title he should show everyone he's serious about it because doing it like this is a different thing.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 am

roma, this is why I'm questioning his motives about returning to competition. To me it's mostly PR, he keeps his name in the press. If he does decide to compete at 2014 Nats, I wonder if the same will happen to him that happened to Sasha, placing fourth, or will USFSA push him on the team no matter what.

But even if he makes it (fairly) on the Oly's team, I don't se him on the podium, let alone defending the title.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
roma, this is why I'm questioning his motives about returning to competition. To me it's mostly PR, he keeps his name in the press. If he does decide to compete at 2014 Nats, I wonder if the same will happen to him that happened to Sasha, placing fourth, or will USFSA push him on the team no matter what.

But even if he makes it (fairly) on the Oly's team, I don't se him on the podium, let alone defending the title.

True. All PR. Did he skate in any show at all this season or the last? He won an Oly gold without a quad. This time around I don't think it's possible without one. That's why I think the US men are having trouble right now but hopefully will get better with the juniors moving soon to the senior ranks. Adam and Jeremy are inconsistent. The others may have better jumps but do not have big reps. Hopefully we will have a clearer view on who has a bigger chance this week and that the men will bring it on.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:52 am

roma wrote:
True. All PR. Did he skate in any show at all this season or the last? He won an Oly gold without a quad.

Not to mention his 3A looks really weird, it's like he's jumping a salchow where he's supposed to do 3A. Of course no deduction for him. I think Sochi podium is going to be (in random order): Yuzu, Dai, Chan, though I'd love to switch Chan with Plushy. Twisted Evil But then again pressure could really get to these guys and we could end up with a dark horse winning. This is why I love olympics so much.

I think Evan was in one of Yuna's shows last season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

US Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Nationals 2013   US Nationals 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Nationals 2013
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next