Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Canadian Nationals 2013

Go down 
+10
COHK
swan
chiyori
ElleluvsL
Ken Himura
roma
zarinaballerina
Mao2012
PochinkoPotanko
Alokya
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Canadian Nationals 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals 2013   Canadian Nationals 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 am

I was searching to see if any figure skating was coming on tv this past weekend and nothing came up. I really wanted to watch Canadian nationals! Did CBC not air nationals this year, or is my search function just malfunctioning?! I think it may be, cause the Gymnastics/Figure Skating Spectacular didn't show up either, and i missed it too. Very Mad

Catlin scored 201.34?!..... Good lord, she must have become some kind of prodigy since skate Canada... scratch. Oh wait, this kind of thing is now the NORM! Stupid me! Drama!

I wouldn't rule Joannie out for Sochi guys. She said a few months ago that she is considering coming back to competition again.

I know I mentioned this not too long ago on here, but I like Jeff's choreography a lot, and I would like to see him work with Mao sometime. Maybe even just for an EX. The two obviously get along great. I think he might be able to come up with something great for her, and different from what we are used to seeing with her.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals 2013   Canadian Nationals 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 am

As what I've seen on my twitter feed, main videos from Canadian Nationals are posted here:

http://video.tsn.ca/videohub.aspx?dl=figure_skating/latest/1/0/847437/clip/446

Haven't checked any video yet, however, coz I'm a bit busy right now but I hope you'll really find their skates in that site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals 2013   Canadian Nationals 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:46 am

Canadian teams for 4CC and Junior World announced:

http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni%5B2797%5D/2340/language/en-US/Default.aspx

4CC
Men
Kevin Reynolds, 22, Coquitlam, B.C.
Andrei Rogozine, 19, Richmond Hill, Ont.
Elladj Baldé, 22, Pierrefonds, Que.

Ice Dance
Tessa Virtue, 22, London, Ont. / Scott Moir, 24, Ilderton, Ont.
Piper Gilles, 20, Toronto, Ont. /Paul Poirier, 21, Unionville, Ont.
Nicole Orford, 20, Burnaby, B.C. / Thomas Williams, 21, Okotoks, Alta.

Pair
Meagan Duhamel, 27, Lively, Ont. / Eric Radford, 27, Balmertown, Ont.
Kirsten Moore-Towers, 20, St. Catharines, Ont. / Dylan Moscovitch, 28, Toronto, Ont.
Paige Lawrence, 22, Kennedy, Sask. / Rudi Swiegers, 25, Kipling, Sask.

Ladies
Kaetlyn Osmond, 17, Marystown, Nfld. & Sherwood Park, Alberta
Amélie Lacoste, 24, Delson, Que.
Julianne Séguin, 16, Longueuil, Que.

Junior world:
Men
Nam Nguyen, 14, Toronto, Ont.
Mitchell Gordon, 16, Vancouver, B.C.

Pair
Brittany Jones 16, Toronto, Ont. / Ian Beharry, 21, Guelph, Ont.
Margaret Purdy, 17, Strathroy, Ont. / Michael Marinaro, 20, Sarnia, Ont.
Hayleigh Bell, 16, Acton, Ont. / Alistair Sylvester, 18, Stratford, Ont.

Ladies
Gabrielle Daleman, 15, Newmarket, Ont.
Alaine Chartrand, 16, Prescott, Ont.

Dance
Madeline Edwards, 16, Port Moody, B.C./ Zhao Kai Pang, 17, Burnaby, B.C.
Mackenzie Bent, 15, Uxbridge, Ont./ Garrett MacKeen, 18, Oshawa, Ont.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals 2013   Canadian Nationals 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:29 am

swan wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
NOOOOO! I wanted to see Pattie at 4CC! Mad
And he does have lots of fans here in Jpn who wanted to see him live!

He would've been welcomed very warmly if he came...except for that stupid Jpnse group who calls themselves FPU(Figure Skating Protection Union) which have been saying we should all boo at Pattie's scores even while he's in KC; god, I hate those people! But nobody will listen to them anyway. People who go all their ways to buy those extremely high priced tickets for competitions in Jpn respect all the skaters and would never boo at them or at their scores even when they think it's not fair. If they had an opportunity to boo only at the judges they may do so, but while a skater is around, never! Evil or Very Mad

Anyway when I went to see JO live this season, Pattie got a real big applause than I ever imagined he'd get. Unfortunately he was in bad condition so that was only before he performed though... pale
His and Yuna's fans in Jpn (Yuna does have fans here too, you know!) must be really disappointed about 4CC this season. Crying or Very sad

ETA: Whenever I write KC, images of fried chicken pops up into my head... Embarassed

wow, who are these people? how disappointing! they're making japan look bad. do they post on the japanese forums? i hope that there's not a lot of them!

FPU people hang around in their own blogs and sites mainly:
http://fpu.nobody.jp/

They never come to our Jpnse forum thank god. I'd say all active members in our Jpnse forum right now do not like what they're doing at all, so it's only natural they're avoiding us. I debated once with the leader of this so called 'union', when he wanted to recruit me cause they wanted to make use of my Eng abilities. I ended up debating with him via e-mail for quite some time then. The guys thinks he's on some holy mission and I hate that sort of attitude. He kept on saying that the Korean Fed or Korean sponsers bribed in order to have them give Yuna the gold medal in Olys, and said we must help poor Mao not to let that happen again. I told him Mao is probabaly strong enough to take care of herself, and he should be looking for proof of bribery rather than merely shouting out loud that the Koreans did so. He said his group's been questioning ISU on the matter continuously but they aren't replying. But of course they wouldn't reply! Why should they reply to some 'union' which is only a bunch of unsatisfied complaining fans who aren't professional journalists or anything? He got real heated up in our debate in the end, but it only made him look immature. I told him I'll never be a part of his group or help out on anything they'll ever do.

But fortunately, many Jpnse fans are against what they're doing so they'll always be minority. If they ever do something serious, or start infuencing the majority, I'll try my best to stop them...but that's never gonna happen IMO! ROTFLMAO

Btw, I wanna see Kaetlyn's FS...does anyone have a link? Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals 2013   Canadian Nationals 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 am

Star85 wrote:
I was searching to see if any figure skating was coming on tv this past weekend and nothing came up. I really wanted to watch Canadian nationals! Did CBC not air nationals this year, or is my search function just malfunctioning?! I think it may be, cause the Gymnastics/Figure Skating Spectacular didn't show up either, and i missed it too. Very Mad

There was some coverage, but on CTV Saturday night, and on RDS (French TSN) Sunday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals 2013   Canadian Nationals 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:21 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Ok, what's going on with 4CC? only 24 entires in men and 23 in ladies? Not to mention pairs and ice dance. Suspect What the heck happened to all those nationalities that competed last year? Is this some kind of a joke from ISU?

COHK wrote:
[Also, it seems that Patrick will NOT be attending 4CC this year...]

To be honest I'm not surprised if he stays at home. He's already been beaten by both Dai and Yuzu this season, I doubt he wants to risk this happening again before worlds.

NOOOOO! I wanted to see Pattie at 4CC! Mad
And he does have lots of fans here in Jpn who wanted to see him live!

He would've been welcomed very warmly if he came...except for that stupid Jpnse group who calls themselves FPU(Figure Skating Protection Union) which have been saying we should all boo at Pattie's scores even while he's in KC; god, I hate those people! But nobody will listen to them anyway. People who go all their ways to buy those extremely high priced tickets for competitions in Jpn respect all the skaters and would never boo at them or at their scores even when they think it's not fair. If they had an opportunity to boo only at the judges they may do so, but while a skater is around, never! Evil or Very Mad

F...P...U...? scratch
What nonsense is this! Okay, not a fan of Pattie, but he's been slowly creeping in my heart recently. His performances, while technically sloppier than the previous two season, had this sort of depth. And I feel like he is getting better with using his arms for expressions and making more variety in movements. So even though I hate his scores (even the recent ones give me pause), I cannot help but like him as a skater.

Also if Chan is out for 4CC, then it's Reynolds, Rogozine and Balde they're sending right? And speaking of Reynolds, his score is wowza. That 4T+3T with the second half bonus really gave him the much needed boost to close in on Chan.

I haven't watched Katelyn's videos yet to make a comment, but I'm looking at the protocols for the ladies and the PCS just make me laugh. Laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Nationals 2013   Canadian Nationals 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canadian Nationals 2013
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2