Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Team Trophy 2013

Go down 
+35
Hotaru
kisses
pearlyriver
richster106
aoi88
sapphiresky
Lady_in_black
supportmaoasada
linglang
ddmm
shikure
bibi
babayaga
josling
ballerinamao
AmazingGraceMao
chapis
silenceisgolden
let`s talk
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Asada_Rising
l-spiralmao
sweetdream
whiteboots2013
kenkyo
COHK
zarinaballerina
helen91
klarification
Mao2012
polosatik
Alokya
koala_lover
Haidogirl
roma
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Ex Gala will start in about 20 mins.
Here's the link to starting order of the Ex: (from twitter)
https://twitter.com/majikinaa/status/323289226693210112/photo/1
Looking forward to the opening Team Japan performance! sunny
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:43 am

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 2:57 am

Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 am

I watched her fp performance on youtube. Her 3F-3L was gorgeous. I wonder why her combos got UR mark. In slow motion, her combos lack rotation a bit but loop jump is a type of edge jump that needs a bit of prerotation? confused If so, judges may be harsh. I remember reading somewhere the cop killed loop as a connecting jump.

I felt Mao was beloved and adored so much by the audience, which will back up and boost her determination for Sochi. From her interviews and related news, i believe she is a strong person in modesty. Her picking flowers is heart-moving and shows how modest she is!Hope she can do well in the next season. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:21 am

pearlyriver wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIlHKR2lwLc

Team Japan Ex performance

Love Hearts Gorgeous.

@polosatik, thanx for posting! I just can't get enough of Mao's Poppins. Wub Swoon Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:38 am

pearlyriver wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIlHKR2lwLc

Team Japan Ex performance

Oh my... I have tears in my eyes by thinking that 3 of these skaters may not skate anymore in about a year... LMAO
I've never thought that it could be possible to be in love with people/teams/(or even countries) that I never met. It's crazy...

Btw, can someone of our Japanese members translate what Team Japan is talking about in this video?! Daisies for you It's right before the victory ceremony... It surely isn't an important information but I always love to hear how they are treating each other because you're missing all these little things if you don't speak Japanese!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZGh3JzBwBo
Back to top Go down
whiteboots2013

whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:15 am

josling, Daiske said, " ..your(?) body was so hard." And Mao replied, " It was surely ..." with Smile .
Sorry. It was too noisy to catch their conversation, but the air was relaxing, I think. After the long day, Mao sounded relieved. She is ready for the next season. I am optimistic. Mao is in on the right way. I am a little surprised at the news but who knows... Last night, Mao was charming and helped to pick up flowers naturally. That's why we love her. Not only her performance, but also her way of treating things. Mao knows her fans' hope. We know how wonderful Mao is. I'm proud of being her fan. From now on, I will be. I am not the only one to think like this. I'm looking forward to her next season. Encore
Back to top Go down
agathrine

agathrine

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:19 am

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news/130413/oth13041320070012-n1.htm

I don't know if i ever watch figure skating again after mao retired... i watch the sport because of her... T_T
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:54 am

You guys have seen this video!?
Mao shouts for Dai in a fan mode at 0:46 Laugh
"Dai-chan gamba(re) ~! "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW1oUQvc5NQ
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:15 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Mao shouts for Dai in a fan mode at 0:46 Laugh
"Dai-chan gamba(re) ~! "

So cute! Many Hearts
I adore this family that is called team Japan. Swoon I just wish scientists would come up with a drug to keep their bodies like those of 16 year olds. Yep, Sadly I don't want them to retire, ever. Depressed Crying Bawling Sad, Lonely Before, I couldn't wait for 2014 Oly's to come, now, with all the retirement statements, I wish Sochi would be years away.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 6:35 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:
Mao shouts for Dai in a fan mode at 0:46 World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 340889
"Dai-chan gamba(re) ~! "

So cute! World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 420949
I adore this family that is called team Japan. World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 113920 I just wish scientists would come up with a drug to keep their bodies like those of 16 year olds. World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 383730 I don't want them to retire, ever. World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 566593 World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 813808 World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 631129 Before, I couldn't wait for 2014 Oly's to come, now, with all the retirement statements, I wish Sochi would be years away.

I know exactly what you are feeling, I started following skating after watching Mao win the GPF in 2005. So for me Team Japan has always consisted of Mao, Miki, Daisuke, Akiko, Nobu and others who have already retired. Didn't take me long to fall in love with Kana and Yuzu, but how am I suppose to adjust to practically every TJ member retiring after Sochi? D: Even Kana thinks she's going to stop after Olys T_T
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 am

I finally had the courage to watch Mao's Fs. I feel so sad to see her struggle in the second part of the program. she didn't even taper down her technical content even when she was out of shape. You can see that this event holds a very special meaning for her. On a bright side, her 3F-3L looked good and she can build on it. I don't understand why her 3A was marked down as 2A. I always think that underrotation call is straightforward, since you either fully rotate or you don't. It looked fully rotated in slow-mo from my unprofessional eyes.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:13 am

pearlyriver wrote:
I finally had the courage to watch Mao's Fs. I feel so sad to see her struggle in the second part of the program. she didn't even taper down her technical content even when she was out of shape. You can see that this event holds a very special meaning for her. On a bright side, her 3F-3L looked good and she can build on it. I don't understand why her 3A was marked down as 2A. I always think that underrotation call is straightforward, since you either fully rotate or you don't. It looked fully rotated in slow-mo from my unprofessional eyes.
It is because what she did was a 2axel. Indeed, she was off in the air and had no choice but "popping" the 3axel into a 2axel. It's a shame because she did beautiful 3axels in practices! At least, that's what we saw in the practice clip!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:37 am

World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Tumblr21
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:44 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Tumblr21

Many Hearts The adorable team Japan family!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 12:21 am

This sweet video was ages ago, but I love that the Japanese team has always been so close. So many things have changed during those past 5 years.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 3:51 am

I visited all four days of WTT in the arena. It was probably one of the most disappointed Ladies SP. Sotnikova deserved much of higher difference in the score that she got in reality. Mao' FS was of barely finshied ones and painfull to watch. I have no idea what advice to give to her.

She is the most adored female skater in Japan now, and she clearly deserves the even better appreciation. But. She needs to go high balls if she wants t beat Yuna in Sochi.
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 pm

let`s talk wrote:
I visited all four days of WTT in the arena. It was probably one of the most disappointed Ladies SP. Sotnikova deserved much of higher difference in the score that she got in reality. Mao' FS was of barely finshied ones and painfull to watch. I have no idea what advice to give to her.

She is the most adored female skater in Japan now, and she clearly deserves the even better appreciation. But. She needs to go high balls if she wants t beat Yuna in Sochi.

I wouldn't take too much away from this competition, she's had a great season and based on 4CC and Worlds this is a new beginning for Mao (granted she takes care of herself). WTT is just a BS event that most of us watch just for the TJ moments. I don't really care what happens at these events but I do enjoy seeing skaters redeem themselves (or at least get enough favours from the judges to make it look like they redeemed themselves).

Mao will never get Yuna PCS, I think we can all count on that, even if Mao is clean and Yuna is disastrous it's not going to happen. But Mao has a ridiculous layout and if all goes well I think it will be enough to overtake Yuna, the only question is, what is Yuna's planned layout going to be? (We also can't forget about Carolina, clean Akiko, clean/rare Americans (who are overscored IMO but meh), Russian BBs and Zijun. I don't know how Kaetlyn fairs right now, she may be the big surprise of next season. I love them all (well, most) but I am always rooting for Mao the most World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 23732

**On a sidenote, where were you sitting during the competition? Aside from women's SP did you have a good time? Daisuke's FS surely must have been great World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 859414
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 pm

pearlyriver wrote:

This sweet video was ages ago, but I love that the Japanese team has always been so close. So many things have changed during those past 5 years.

This has always been one of my favourites :3 I really like the photoshoot that Mao did with Miki too, it was weird.. and they were posing with lemons but it was so cute xD
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:26 am

I don't know what this clip says, but it's so touching.

Off topic but I'm in a skating mode recently so I watched some performances by Midori Ito. One commenter on Youtube said that her LP at 1989 Worlds could have gotten 141.25 under the ISU Judging System. Unbelievable. Shocked That would have destroyed the field at recent World Championships.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 am

helen91 wrote:
**On a sidenote, where were you sitting during the competition? Aside from women's SP did you have a good time? Daisuke's FS surely must have been great World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 859414
On Thursday I was sitting in Sector H South side (plan here: http://twitpic.com/bz8qnr ), it's next to the VIP sector, the one that is in red here: http://twitpic.com/cil4jq . On Friday- in Sector F North side, the most central one. I chose judge's side for Thursday on purpose- I wanted to see how Dai does his hair in Stroll SP! lol! I couldn't know that he would change his SP. The Moonlight footwork is masterpiece! His FS is full of dynamic and streches, that's why I chose the very central sector F to enjoy it. It also gave me a painful feeling for Menshov when he was standing right in front of sector F bowing and his arm was like a dry branch of tree facing the opposite side that it should be. It was such an awful look, so unnatural, it simply hurt, so if you don't work in the hospital, you can't take this look easily. Dai did really great after such an accident and my big congrats to him! cheers On Saturday and Sunday I was in Sector E and G accordingly, North side.
I also like American dancers and of course Volosozhar/Trankov. Team Russia imo was the best in K&C and all this- thanks to Trankov. Rockstar
Videos/Photos were not allowed. But I sneaked Escape in sector L and filmed there some stuff during zamboni time. Then I retured to my sector to watch the event where it was impossible to film anything (staffers were all around. Yikes!!!)
Better to watch in IE in HD720:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_9_5mbo1rQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heG5e_hR2xo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3vE8R7Jyx8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5RQe3JaAsA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vMMPZbKDyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQs187mGqvY

I also bumped on Mura's father/coach and he allowed me to take his photo Dance : http://twitpic.com/cil5co

Next time I will see Mao at PIW show (two shows). queen And then Dai, at PIW too. king
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:20 pm

let`s talk wrote:

I also bumped on Mura's father/coach and he allowed me to take his photo Dance : http://twitpic.com/cil5co

Next time I will see Mao at PIW show (two shows). queen And then Dai, at PIW too. king

That's awesome! You're so lucky.
I'm so jealous you'll get too se Mao so many times.

helen91 wrote:
Mao will never get Yuna PCS, I think we can all count on that, even if Mao is clean and Yuna is disastrous it's not going to happen. But Mao has a ridiculous layout and if all goes well I think it will be enough to overtake Yuna, the only question is, what is Yuna's planned layout going to be?

And this is what I don't get. As I said many times, I'm not a PCS expert, but I don't understand why such a huge difference (6 points at worlds) between Mao and Yuna. I'm sorry, but Mao has just as many if not even more TR than Yuna, her SS have greatly improved, she has a good choreo, she performs it well (just because she doesn't make facial grimaces it doesn't mean she's not feeling the freaking music Very Mad ), so I'm really confused. And I'm sorry, I don't want to offend any Yuna fans on this board, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out, in what Universe did Yuna deserve those 10 in PCS?

So imagine, Yuna skating with mistakes and Mao bringing her A game, but Yuna still wins because of the ridiculous PCS, all hell would break loose. And IF both skate squeaky clean, and they still give it to Yuna, how will ISU explain this to the fans? A woman who has 3A, 3-3 and 2A-3T STILL loosing to a woman with ONLY one 3-3? It's just a theory, I'm not saying this is going to happen, though part of me is scared shitless, that no matter what Mao does, the judges will still give it to Yuna. Yep, Sadly Remember Vancouver, score of 150, and this years worlds? Evil or Very Mad Way too overscored, JMO.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Does anyone know which team won the team spirit award?
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:30 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
let`s talk wrote:

I also bumped on Mura's father/coach and he allowed me to take his photo World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 859414 : http://twitpic.com/cil5co

That's awesome! You're so lucky.
I'm so jealous you'll get too se Mao so many times.

helen91 wrote:
Mao will never get Yuna PCS, I think we can all count on that, even if Mao is clean and Yuna is disastrous it's not going to happen. But Mao has a ridiculous layout and if all goes well I think it will be enough to overtake Yuna, the only question is, what is Yuna's planned layout going to be?

And this is what I don't get. As I said many times, I'm not a PCS expert, but I don't understand why such a huge difference (6 points at worlds) between Mao and Yuna. I'm sorry, but Mao has just as many if not even more TR than Yuna, her SS have greatly improved, she has a good choreo, she performs it well (just because she doesn't make facial grimaces it doesn't mean she's not feeling the freaking music World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 506166 ), so I'm really confused. And I'm sorry, I don't want to offend any Yuna fans on this board, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out, in what Universe did Yuna deserve those 10 in PCS?

So imagine, Yuna skating with mistakes and Mao bringing her A game, but Yuna still wins because of the ridiculous PCS, all hell would break loose. And IF both skate squeaky clean, and they still give it to Yuna, how will ISU explain this to the fans? A woman who has 3A, 3-3 and 2A-3T STILL loosing to a woman with ONLY one 3-3? It's just a theory, I'm not saying this is going to happen, though part of me is scared shitless, that no matter what Mao does, the judges will still give it to Yuna. World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 383730 Remember Vancouver, score of 150, and this years worlds? Evil or Very Mad Way too overscored, JMO.

All I have to say is 10 means perfect which means there is no room for improvement and if what Yuna produced at Worlds is the best it's going to get.... I'm worried for the sport. And this is where I get hated by everyone when I say..... I don't get her Olympic FS score at all and to this day I think that program was one of the most boring Yuna programs I have ever watched. PCS = reputation scores. I would have given Kaetlyn much higher for TR than Yuna in the SP at worlds, also I think Kanako's FS deserved at least 9s for choreo, she hit every nuance perfectly and is never rewarded because the judges think it's impossible for a skater to excel in one PC and be not as good in the others. I am waiting for the day when skaters can get 6s and 9s at the same time in PCS. World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 334446
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 pm

helen91 wrote:

All I have to say is 10 means perfect which means there is no room for improvement and if what Yuna produced at Worlds is the best it's going to get.... I'm worried for the sport. And this is where I get hated by everyone when I say..... I don't get her Olympic FS score at all and to this day I think that program was one of the most boring Yuna programs I have ever watched. PCS = reputation scores. I would have given Kaetlyn much higher for TR than Yuna in the SP at worlds, also I think Kanako's FS deserved at least 9s for choreo, she hit every nuance perfectly and is never rewarded because the judges think it's impossible for a skater to excel in one PC and be not as good in the others. I am waiting for the day when skaters can get 6s and 9s at the same time in PCS. World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 334446

ITA! No way did that particular Wilson "choreography" deserve a 10. Disappointed Again, Yuna was amazing at worlds no one is denying this, but the PCS (and some of the goe) she got was simply a joke, IMO of course. You're not the only one baffled by her Vancouver scores, yes she was great but not that great.

IMO, all three japanese ladies are always underscored in PCS compared to others, and I honestly don't understand why. confused I mean look at Akiko's LP, one of the best, if not THE best LP of the season, and look at the PCS she's been given and compare it to the likes of Ashley and so on...And poor Kana, she deserved much better, she's improved greatly in terms of performing and judges are lowballing her. Sad
IMO, ISU should start pennalizing those programs that have a lot of posing in them and start rewarding those that have none. it's a heck of a lot harder to compete with a program without taking "breaks", then with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   World Team Trophy 2013 - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Team Trophy 2013
Page 24 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next