Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Cup of China

Go down 
+21
polosatik
ilovethai
sweetdream
Alokya
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
AmazingGraceMao
aoi88
Mao2012
COHK
qingshui
sapphiresky
Haidogirl
chapis
tinalulu
ballerinamao
shar
zarinaballerina
PochinkoPotanko
pearlyriver
linglang
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:57 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
shar wrote:
I never heard anything about Carolina during the 2010 Olympics? Did she compete, and where did she place? My computer is acting up, so I can't search anything right now.
She placed 16th in Vancouver after falling most of her jumping elements in FS. In another word, it's a forgettable event for her. Every one remembers Yuna, Mao, Joannie, Mirai and Akiko but not Carol. The fact that she can come back after that painful experience and be someone to beat is amazing. I've grown to appreciate her skating style more and more in recent years.
Thank you!  pearlyriver.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:38 pm

roma wrote:
Was Caro suffering from injuries at the time or was it after the Oly that she suffered from injuries, thus, she underwent jump training again. Remember she was only doing the easiest jumps after Oly and it was only recently that she was adding the flip and lutz back. She's like Mao, also. That's why I'd also like to commend her for her efforts in improving herself. Like Mao she didn't really stop. She went on competing even if she can only do the easiest jumps and isn't afraid to show to the world that slow process of getting her jumps back. No matter how many times she fell she kept on getting up.
I didn't see any mention of injuries back then. Probably the nerves got the better of her. She also had a meltdown in Torino, her hometown. She's somewhat like Sasha, both are extremely talented and artistic but they often failed to deliver when it mattered. But it is unimaginably hard to keep focused and calm in a battefield like Olympics, when the hopes and dreams of the entire country burden you. Yuna even said that: "" If my performance falters, not only the people around me, but my whole nation may turn their back on me.""affraid Escape Whirly 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:24 am

pearlyriver wrote:
roma wrote:
Was Caro suffering from injuries at the time or was it after the Oly that she suffered from injuries, thus, she underwent jump training again. Remember she was only doing the easiest jumps after Oly and it was only recently that she was adding the flip and lutz back. She's like Mao, also. That's why I'd also like to commend her for her efforts in improving herself. Like Mao she didn't really stop. She went on competing even if she can only do the easiest jumps and isn't afraid to show to the world that slow process of getting her jumps back. No matter how many times she fell she kept on getting up.
I didn't see any mention of injuries back then. Probably the nerves got the better of her. She also had a meltdown in Torino, her hometown. She's somewhat like Sasha, both are extremely talented and artistic but they often failed to deliver when it mattered. But it is unimaginably hard to keep focused and calm in a battefield like Olympics, when the hopes and dreams of the entire country burden you. Yuna even said that: "" If my performance falters, not only the people around me, but my whole nation may turn their back on me.""affraid Escape Whirly 

That was at Olympics and i think also at Worlds, when she just jumped single jumps the whole freeskate!
Well, that wasnt an injury, that was a kind of blackout! Faint2 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 am

Does anyone know a live stream link? The problem with COC is that social network sites are blocked there No No No 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 am

Oh yeah. But then after the Oly didn't she suffer an injury?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:35 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Does anyone know a live stream link? The problem with COC is that social network sites are blocked there No No No 
Can you check out the stream posted on this tweet?
https://twitter.com/irenissi/status/396139210929086464

I'm still at work and will not be able to catch Ice Dance...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:50 am

I didn't get to watch dance... and I know you can't really compare scores between events. But anybody else find it interesting how low Chock and Bates' SD was in comparison to Maia and Alex from SA?
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:03 am

oh man i thought mirai would be skating here!! o: oh wells lucky to have a stream (:
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:04 am

haruka imai is skating yayy!! Very Happy now
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 am

sweetdream wrote:
haruka imai is skating yayy!! :Dnow
which livestream are you using sweetdream?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:54 am

ballerinamao wrote:
sweetdream wrote:
This link is working pretty well for me
http://www.kakibara.com/watch/live/streaming/online/free/tv/1/493131/november-1-2013/eurosport-2.html
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:02 am

pearlyriver wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
sweetdream wrote:
http://www.kakibara.com/watch/live/streaming/online/free/tv/1/493131/november-1-2013/eurosport-2.html
thank you sweetdream sunny 

but it seems like I missed the ladies competition Snow I only managed to see kostner fall on her combo

Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:09 am

ballerinamao wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
sweetdream wrote:

but it seems like I missed the ladies competition Snow I only managed to see kostner fall on her combo
Every skater was far from perfect, but Adelina and Carol's programs were the highlight. Kanako was good, but her program didn't light up as I'd expected, and her costume was terrible. But the water melon plushie she received from a fan is so cute. lol!

Ladies' protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/gpchn2013_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:32 am

pearlyriver wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
sweetdream wrote:

Every skater was far from perfect, but Adelina and Carol's programs were the highlight. Kanako was good, but her program didn't light up as I'd expected, and her costume was terrible. But the water melon plushie she received from a fan is so cute. lol!

Ladies' protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/gpchn2013_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
Poor ladies. Hoping for better luck in the free skates tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:47 am

just watched all the programs, and what a disappointment. Kostners sp was a real letdown, I expected a lot more choreographically and technically it seems like the usual kostner, something that really caught my eyes was how slow her spins were, and not surprisingly two of her spins were level 3. Kanako's music was really bad, I now wish she had kept her programs from last year. Adelinas program was okay but her scores seemed a bit too high for what she put out there, zijuns and haruka's sp's were actually the ones I liked  the most, wish both of them could have gotten slightly more in pcs, they really are such lovely skaters on the ice.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:27 am

ballerinamao wrote:
Adelinas program was okay but her scores seemed a bit too high for what she put out there; Zijuns and haruka's sp's were actually the ones I liked  the most, wish both of them could have gotten slightly more in pcs, they really are such lovely skaters on the ice.
I think Zijun's SP was quite a letdown. She wan't sultry enough to pull off tango, the choreography was mediocre and she struggled with her jumps. I'm a Zijun fan but I couldn't love this program. Meanwhile I think Adelina's score is fair after reading the protocols. She got -GOE for 3Lt-3L but its base value is 9.6, her flip and axel were fine and she deserves the PCS of 30.

Last edited by pearlyriver on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:40 am

As I was skimming through the CoC2013, I came across this heartbreaking article about the tragic life of Irina Ivanova:
http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/11/the-untold-story-of-kira-ivanova.html
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:59 am

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/CAT001RS.HTM

Men's protocol:

FPl.NameNationPointsSPFS

1Han YANCHN 90.141
2Maxim KOVTUNRUS 81.842
3Takahiko KOZUKAJPN 81.623
4Denis TENKAZ 77.054
5Florent AMODIOFRA 76.755
6Richard DORNBUSHUSA 72.586
7Peter LIEBERSGER 69.347
8Nan SONGCHN 68.688
9Yi WANGCHN 63.279

Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:04 am

shar wrote:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/CAT001RS.HTM

Men's protocol:

FPl.NameNationPointsSPFS

1Han YANCHN 90.141
2Maxim KOVTUNRUS 81.842
3Takahiko KOZUKAJPN 81.623
4Denis TENKAZ 77.054
5Florent AMODIOFRA 76.755
6Richard DORNBUSHUSA 72.586
7Peter LIEBERSGER 69.347
8Nan SONGCHN 68.688
9Yi WANGCHN 63.279

As Nicky Slater pointed out: "Plushenko picked a wrong year to come back" lol! . If Kovtunrus keeps up his game, Plushenko would be under immense pressure. Hm, I don't see Taka getting a spot to Sochi:cry: .

2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 BX_MSakCMAAWzr4
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:12 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Adelinas program was okay but her scores seemed a bit too high for what she put out there; Zijuns and haruka's sp's were actually the ones I liked  the most, wish both of them could have gotten slightly more in pcs, they really are such lovely skaters on the ice.
I think Zijun's SP was quite a letdown. She wan't sultry enough to pull off tango, the choreography was mediocre and she struggled with her jumps. I'm a Zijun fan but I couldn't love this program. Meanwhile I think Adelina's score is fair after reading the protocols. She got -GOE for 3Lt-3L but its base value is 9.6, her flip and axel were fine and she deserves the PCS of 30.
I feel like zijun's program and skating still felt like one of the most memorable on the day, maybe it's because i personally really like her skating, but it may also be due to the fact that I did have higher expectations to Carolina's and Kanakos program. Carolina because I really thought that lori would give something special to her since this is most likely her last program, and kanako simply because I have loved her sp's the last couple of years so, I expected her new programs to be just as captivating as her precious ones.

Last edited by ballerinamao on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Zijun will next compete at NHK Trophy. I'm not familiar with assignment rules, but isn't it too exhausting to compete 2 events in 2 consecutive weeks?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:31 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Zijun will next compete at NHK Trophy. I'm not familiar with assignment rules, but isn't it too exhausting to compete 2 events in 2 consecutive weeks?
it's exhausting for every elite to compete back to back, but if it's her only way to get two assignments then it's worth the trouble!
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:43 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
it's exhausting for every elite to compete back to back, but if it's her only way to get two assignments then it's worth the trouble!
On the plus side, NHK is relatively close to home. Imagine if she had to go to France from Beijing immediately after CoC.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

My thoughts after watching:

- Did anyone see that car in the arena? lol! it was so awkward, but of course Lexus was sponsoring

- Zijun's SP...I'm not sure she has the personality to carry off a tango at this point. Good for her on challenging herself, but it didn't really work as a program. She doesn't seem to have that fire in her personality.

- Kanako, on the other hand, should have gotten a tango for her SP. She's one of those skaters who can do it so well b/c of that fire and attack she has in her programs. The doo-wop thing didn't work for me (maybe if the Olympics were in the U.S...) I'm not sure why she chose this, did Lori choreograph? scratch 

- Caro's program sigh* I had more hope for this. Humoresque is so beautiful, but the program is kinda bleh. The fall wasn't even the problem, but I do admire her ease of speed.
Her dress is a very pretty design and color, I don't know if I would put in that many butterflies Smile

- Adelina's is very generic music, but she skates with fire and attack, so it makes it interesting. I admire her for going after that 3L in combination, but the judges are pretty much saying, what's the point? I'm sure this was discussed before, but any reason she doesn't go for that -3T?
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 pm

sapphiresky wrote:
My thoughts after watching:

- Did anyone see that car in the arena? lol! it was so awkward, but of course Lexus was sponsoring

- Zijun's SP...I'm not sure she has the personality to carry off a tango at this point. Good for her on challenging herself, but it didn't really work as a program. She doesn't seem to have that fire in her personality.

- Kanako, on the other hand, should have gotten a tango for her SP. She's one of those skaters who can do it so well b/c of that fire and attack she has in her programs. The doo-wop thing didn't work for me (maybe if the Olympics were in the U.S...) I'm not sure why she chose this, did Lori choreograph? scratch 

- Caro's program sigh* I had more hope for this. Humoresque is so beautiful, but the program is kinda bleh. The fall wasn't even the problem, but I do admire her ease of speed.
Her dress is a very pretty design and color, I don't know if I would put in that many butterflies Smile

- Adelina's is very generic music, but she skates with fire and attack, so it makes it interesting. I admire her for going after that 3L in combination, but the judges are pretty much saying, what's the point? I'm sure this was discussed before, but any reason she doesn't go for that -3T?

Ugh, Caro's program was so boring. How the heck did that happen, especially after that gorgeous SP she debuted last year. She's never going to get over 70 points with that program even if she skates clean(Unless it's in her country of course). Now it's looking more and more like Julia may be the dark horse who'll get the third spot with Mao-Yuna(if they skate clean). Hopefully Caro's LP will be mind blowing (and clean) and she will prove me wrong. Worship
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Cup of China
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next