Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Cup of China

Go down 
+21
polosatik
ilovethai
sweetdream
Alokya
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
AmazingGraceMao
aoi88
Mao2012
COHK
qingshui
sapphiresky
Haidogirl
chapis
tinalulu
ballerinamao
shar
zarinaballerina
PochinkoPotanko
pearlyriver
linglang
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:20 am

In FB they say, he will go to CoC! Despite Backpain.. well, what about toothache? I cant imagine how painful must that be jumping with toothache! Faint2 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:56 am

:

Last edited by shar on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 am

shar wrote:
Article regarding K. Yuna's current health status:

Korean Olympic athletes say they’re ready for Sochi

Published : 2013-10-30 18:53
Updated : 2013-10-30 18:53....................

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20131030000961
Why Yuna's news here?  She didn't plan to compete in Cup of China.confused
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:32 am

qingshui wrote:
shar wrote:

Published : 2013-10-30 18:53
Updated : 2013-10-30 18:53....................

My computer was acting up, would only let me access this topic, so I posted this article here. I'm still trying to access YK's topic page to move this article there. So if this article being here bothers you, you can post it there for me.
Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:58 am

shar wrote:
qingshui wrote:
shar wrote:

My computer was acting up, would only let me access this topic, so I posted this article here. I'm still trying to access YK's topic page to move this article there. So if this article being here bothers you, you can post it there for me.
Thanks for explanation.Smile
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:31 pm

It really bothers me that bloggers for FS keep acting like Carolina is  better then Mao as a skater. As one Aaron Harris on The Skating Lesson puts it: "As the 2012 World Champ and the 2013 World Silver Medalist, she is the next big thing in Kim’s absence." Yes, Caro is very talented, but unlike Yuna or Mao, during her international competition, she's never cracked 70+ points in her SP. She never got 130+in her FS until this past worlds, or over 200 points overall. While the other 2 ladies  has managed the latter 4 times.

And they keep ignoring the fact that Caro was beating Mao while she was reworking all of her techniques, which she has back now. I think Yuna and Mao are on the same level, and that Mao is the only female skater who can still beat Yuna at her best.

Caro will never beat Yuna if Yuna skates clean, and that's a fact. She doesn't have all the ingredients working for her to take over the "queen". But I think if Mao skates clean, with all of her jumps arsenal, plus footworks, stpseq, spins, and overall presence, she has a very good chance of taking the crown from Yuna. Look at how high she scored with a less than stellar performance at SA.

I honestly don't think the judges wants to just give the gold to Yuna like they did back in 2010. While she deserved to win, her scores were ridiculous for that 6 triple performance with terrible spirals, and a few other glaring weaknesses she had. But she had all the right ingredients to be a champion. 1. She was the Michelle Kwan of the 2010 Olympics in Canada. 2.Of course her Coach was Canadian. 3. She was the first Korean person to ever win any medal in FS.  4. And of course, her family struggled so mommy could pay to get her daughter skating lessons.

But now, I think it's fair game for any of the ladies to take it...if they bring it.

What do you guys think?
Do you agree that Mao has the potential to beat a clean Yuna?
Is Caro Better than Mao?
Are the judges going to inflate Yuna's scores once again?
And can Mao skate a clean SP and LP in one competition, and will that be enough to break the 228 record?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:08 pm

shar wrote:
It really bothers me that bloggers for FS keep acting like Carolina is  better then Mao as a skater. As one Aaron Harris on The Skating Lesson puts it: "As the 2012 World Champ and the 2013 World Silver Medalist, she is the next big thing in Kim’s absence." Yes, Caro is very talented, but unlike Yuna or Mao, during her international competition, she's never cracked 70+ points in her SP. She never got 130+in her FS until this past worlds, or over 200 points overall. While the other 2 ladies  has managed the latter 4 times.

And they keep ignoring the fact that Caro was beating Mao while she was reworking all of her techniques, which she has back now. I think Yuna and Mao are on the same level, and that Mao is the only female skater who can still beat Yuna at her best.

Caro will never beat Yuna if Yuna skates clean, and that's a fact. She doesn't have all the ingredients working for her to take over the "queen". But I think if Mao skates clean, with all of her jumps arsenal, plus footworks, stpseq, spins, and overall presence, she has a very good chance of taking the crown from Yuna. Look at how high she scored with a less than stellar performance at SA.

I honestly don't think the judges wants to just give the gold to Yuna like they did back in 2010. While she deserved to win, her scores were ridiculous for that 6 triple performance with terrible spirals, and a few other glaring weaknesses she had. But she had all the right ingredients to be a champion. 1. She was the Michelle Kwan of the 2010 Olympics in Canada. 2.Of course her Coach was Canadian. 3. She was the first Korean person to ever win any medal in FS.  4. And of course, her family struggled so mommy could pay to get her daughter skating lessons.

But now, I think it's fair game for any of the ladies to take it...if they bring it.

What do any of you guys think? Do you agree that Mao has the potential to beat a clean Yuna?
Is Caro Better than Mao?
Are the judges going to inflate Yuna scores once again?
To each his own. Anyone is entilted to think that Caro is better than Mao, but I have the impression that people often forget that Mao is reworking her technique. They forget how hard it is to start from sratch at the age of 20, at the elite level. Otherwise Nadal can have Federer's textbook techniques and he'll be GOAT hands down. I adore humble athletes, but sometimes it's not so great to be tight-lipped about your injuries or your technique reworking regime. Being open about them can earn sympathy from skating fans and work favorably for you. People like drama and a sobbing miracle story.

I'll wait until COC begins to see how Carol will be scored. As seen at World13, the judges were probably willing to give Mao the gold if she skated clean, but unfortunately she let the opportunity slip away.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:31 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
To each his own. Anyone is entilted to think that Caro is better than Mao, but I have the impression that people often forget that Mao is reworking her technique. They forget how hard it is to start from sratch at the age of 20, at the elite level. Otherwise Nadal can have Federer's textbook techniques and he'll be GOAT hands down. I adore humble athletes, but sometimes it's not so great to be tight-lipped about your injuries or your technique reworking regime. Being open about them can earn sympathy from skating fans and work favorably for you. People like drama and a sobbing miracle story.

I'll wait until COC begins to see how Carol will be scored. As seen at World13, the judges were probably willing to give Mao the gold if she skated clean, but unfortunately she let the opportunity slip away.
And that's what's frustrating Frustrated  about Mao. To see how she has all of the ingredients to win, but throws it all away due to her letting her nerves get the best of her. Very Mad  I think Sato needs to find someone who can get Mao to relax her nerves before every competition. Then she will be the one to beat come Sochi. Worship 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:57 am

Does anyone have practice clips at COC? I can't find any Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:08 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Apparently the practice sessions are not open to the public scratch 
Some posts only talked about how Kexin Zhang manage to do a perfect runthrough complete with all the jumps, whereas Zijun popped her 3F-3T, but overall did well.

No reports about other skaters yet.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:12 am

sapphiresky wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Apparently the practice sessions are not open to the public scratch 
Some posts only talked about how Kexin Zhang manage to do a perfect runthrough complete with all the jumps, where as Zijun popped her 3F-3T, but overall did well.

No reports about other skaters yet.
Thank you Daisies for you Daisies for you Daisies for you . Kexin seems to imrpove a lot, juding from her win over Zijun in the China Grand Prix event.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:20 am

From Jpn media:
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20131031-OHT1T00105.htm

Koz is landing quad.
And it looks like Kanako is doing fine with the jumps (3-3) as well.

Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:28 am

Wish Taka get the gold here.Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:19 am

Well, I think that if Caro skates clean she could really beat Yu-Na... After all, at Worlds she was less than 3 points behind a clean Yu-Na in PCS with two major mistakes, and she has 7 triples planned when Yu-Na has 6 triples and her jumps often her +2 and +3 GOEs when landed, and then there are those incredibly beautiful StSq... The only difference is that Caro NEVER skates clean when it counts, when Yu-Na often does in important competitions Yep, Sadly 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:37 am

Its not only Yuna and Patrick, who often get overscored Who, me? 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:40 am

Mao2012 wrote:
The only difference is that Caro NEVER skates clean when it counts, when Yu-Na often does in important competitions Yep, Sadly 
This is what matters. I have to give Yuna credit for being the most mentally strong on the ice. Even when she's often overscored, she deserves every thing she's earned. Even when her layout is not the most difficult, she always nailed it like a piece of cake. She's a rare competitor who can skate well after seeing her rivals delivering a stellar performance Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:28 am

When has Carolina Kostner ever skated a clean program? Has she even skated a clean short before? I actually have grown to appreciate Kostner's skating a lot in recent years but I do not recall her ever skating a clean program before. I think if she were able to have the consistency of Yuna, she would probably be at the top now. The judges have always seemed to love her style.
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:42 am

aoi88 wrote:
When has Carolina Kostner ever skated a clean program? Has she even skated a clean short before? I actually have grown to appreciate Kostner's skating a lot in recent years but I do not recall her ever skating a clean program before. I think if she were able to have the consistency of Yuna, she would probably be at the top now. The judges have always seemed to love her style.
If i remember correctly, wc07 sp, wtt12 sp
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:15 pm

shar wrote:

And that's what's frustrating Frustrated  about Mao. To see how she has all of the ingredients to win, but throws it all away due to her letting her nerves get the best of her. Very Mad  I think Sato needs to find someone who can get Mao to relax her nerves before every competition. Then she will be the one to beat come Sochi.  Worship 
THIS. Thumbs up!  I wish that japanese mentality was different and that they wouldn't think less of themselves, if athletes were to get profesional (sport psychologist) help. This way, as it was posted by our japanese members, Mao is never going to get help from a psychologist. Depressed Crying  I don't think it's just nerves (her being scared or something), it's also that she's always had much harder technical content than any other lady, so from the start, it's harder for Mao to skate clean, than it is for others.

pearlyriver wrote:
This is what matters. I have to give Yuna credit for being the most mentally strong on the ice. Even when she's often overscored, she deserves every thing she's earned. Even when her layout is not the most difficult, she always nailed it like a piece of cake. She's a rare competitor who can skate well after seeing her rivals delivering a stellar performance
While I agree with you that Yuna deserves the credit for nailing her programs when it counts, IMO, it's a hell of a lot easier to achieve this with easier technical content, and more importantly, with the judges' love and adoration on your side. Just saying...

Mao2012 wrote:
Well, I think that if Caro skates clean she could really beat Yu-Na...
Absolutely. Caro is adored by the judges just as much as Yuna is. Judges love her programs, she has great speed and SS, her jumps are big, her spins and spirals are blah (just like Yuna's), however, unlike Yuna, Caro has great step sequences, not as good as Mao IMO, but very close. So yes, IF Caro delivers she can beat Yuna. That being said, IF Mao delievers, she should beat both of them. Yep! 

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:16 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

And that's what's frustrating Frustrated  about Mao. To see how she has all of the ingredients to win, but throws it all away due to her letting her nerves get the best of her. Very Mad  I think Sato needs to find someone who can get Mao to relax her nerves before every competition. Then she will be the one to beat come Sochi.  Worship 
THIS. Thumbs up!  I wish that japanese mentality was different and that they wouldn't think less of themselves, if athletes were to get profesional (sport psychologist) help. This way, as it was posted by our japanese members,  Mao is never going to get help from a psychologist. Depressed Crying  I don't think it's just nerves (her being scared or something), it's also that she's always had much harder technical content than any other lady, so from the start, it's harder for Mao to skate clean, than it is for others.

pearlyriver wrote:
This is what matters. I have to give Yuna credit for being the most mentally strong on the ice. Even when she's often overscored, she deserves every thing she's earned. Even when her layout is not the most difficult, she always nailed it like a piece of cake. She's a rare competitor who can skate well after seeing her rivals delivering a stellar performance
While I agree with you that Yuna deserves the credit for nailing her programs when it counts, IMO, it's a hell of a lot easier to achieve this with easier technical content, and more importantly, with the judges' love and adoration on your side. Just saying...

Mao2012 wrote:
Well, I think that if Caro skates clean she could really beat Yu-Na...
Absolutely. Caro is adored by the judges just as much as Yuna is. Judges love her programs, she has great speed and SS, her jumps are big, her spins and spirals are blah (just like Yuna's), however, unlike Yuna, Caro has great step sequences, not as good as Mao IMO, but very close. So yes, IF Caro delivers she can beat Yuna. That being said, IF Mao delievers, she should beat both of them. Yep! 

I totally agree with everything, especially with the bolded part, to have the judges love and adoration is a huge advantage.
It's a huge advantage because not only does it help the skater overcome nervousness and uncertainty but it also gives the skater confidence and a certain amount of security knowing the judges will love her either way.

Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:48 pm

I never heard anything about Carolina during the 2010 Olympics? Did she compete, and where did she place? My computer is acting up, so I can't search anything right now.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:08 pm

shar wrote:
I never heard anything about Carolina during the 2010 Olympics? Did she compete, and where did she place? My computer is acting up, so I can't search anything right now.
She placed 16th in Vancouver after falling most of her jumping elements in FS. In another word, it's a forgettable event for her. Every one remembers Yuna, Mao, Joannie, Mirai and Akiko but not Carol. The fact that she can come back after that painful experience and be someone to beat is amazing. I've grown to appreciate her skating style more and more in recent years.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 pm

Was Caro suffering from injuries at the time or was it after the Oly that she suffered from injuries, thus, she underwent jump training again. Remember she was only doing the easiest jumps after Oly and it was only recently that she was adding the flip and lutz back. She's like Mao, also. That's why I'd also like to commend her for her efforts in improving herself. Like Mao she didn't really stop. She went on competing even if she can only do the easiest jumps and isn't afraid to show to the world that slow process of getting her jumps back. No matter how many times she fell she kept on getting up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:44 pm

When is the ladies competition?
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:52 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
When is the ladies competition?
Should be in 4hrs and 40min...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Cup of China
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next