Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2013

Go down 
+53
mika
Tripleaxelqueen
Dani-Chan
☆Genie
mimmiz
supportmaoasada
Asada_Rising
let`s talk
appledapple
FigureArtist14
apple4me
babayaga
maosukefan
kawaiimao
BounceAround
mini34ans
josling
Hotaru
dangerous_angel_face
inskate
kazekamihiko
AmazingGraceMao
itsonlykat
europeanfan
kisses
sapphiresky
Abdiel
tinalulu
chiyori
Mao2012
rachmaninoffangel
BowbowDaijin
ballerinamao
minhoudi
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chapis
whiteboots2013
roma
polosatik
aoi88
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
illani
Ken Himura
l-spiralmao
COHK
Iceriver
pearlyriver
linglang
shar
ilovethai
Alokya
Haidogirl
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:50 pm

shar wrote:
COHK wrote:
News 12/9

Mao will most likely skip 4CC to prepare for the Team event at Sochi

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131209-00000031-spnannex-spo

This follows the news that Japan is confirmed to attend the team event.
When is the team event?
ladies sp 8 feb and LP 9 feb
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:03 pm

chapis wrote:
shar wrote:
COHK wrote:
News 12/9

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131209-00000031-spnannex-spo

This follows the news that Japan is confirmed to attend the team event.
When is the team event?
ladies sp 8 feb  and LP 9 feb
Thank you chapis.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:04 pm

CBC's skating after show with Kurt and PJ Kwong (I love this show haha!):

Ladies section:

Kurt: it was all about Mao...there was no competition. The face she had looking up, the maturity (PJ: Exquisite)
The footwork was really a demonstration of what ladies can do in a competition.
She also tried two 3A's?...why?
I think...just to do it.
PJ Kwong: well she knew she was gonna win, so just did it.

Kurt: Carole Lane was saying how Yuna was like the Oz in the Wizard of Oz hiding behind a curtain, you never know what she's gonna do haha.

PJ Kwong: I think Asada could take the whole thing, (Kurt: I'm a believer now) at first I wasn't sure, but tell you what. She first of all really wants it and she's demonstrating that by performing in competition. She's exquisite, I love her.

Kurt: Yuna and Mao have definitely taken different paths to the Olympic rink.
Yuna skating well in smaller competitions, but Mao has been in the spotlight, in the limelight, in all the light, under pressure...a complete different path to the competition in February.
I'm very excited

Then talks about the other ladies.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 pm

polosatik wrote:
http://ink361.com/app/photo/ig-606594616397757507_347940862 Junior GPF champion Masha with Mao sunny

And baby Lena with Mao http://instagram.com/p/hrTA7_wYb0/# Many Hearts 
Thanks polosatik, everyone's a fan of Mao.  Encore
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 am

polosatik wrote:
http://ink361.com/app/photo/ig-606594616397757507_347940862 Junior GPF chmapion Masha with Mao sunny
And baby Lena with Mao http://instagram.com/p/hrTA7_wYb0/# Many Hearts 
Thank you, her dress is beautiful Love Hearts Many Hearts 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:15 am

sapphiresky wrote:
CBC's skating after show with Kurt and PJ Kwong (I love this show haha!):

Ladies section:

Kurt: it was all about Mao...there was no competition. The face she had looking up, the maturity (PJ: Exquisite)
The footwork was really a demonstration of what ladies can do in a competition.
She also tried two 3A's?...why?
I think...just to do it.
PJ Kwong: well she knew she was gonna win, so just did it.

Kurt: Carole Lane was saying how Yuna was like the Oz in the Wizard of Oz hiding behind a curtain, you never know what she's gonna do haha.

PJ Kwong: I think Asada could take the whole thing, (Kurt: I'm a believer now) at first I wasn't sure, but tell you what. She first of all really wants it and she's demonstrating that by performing in competition. She's exquisite, I love her.

Kurt: Yuna and Mao have definitely taken different paths to the Olympic rink.
Yuna skating well in smaller competitions, but Mao has been in the spotlight, in the limelight, in all the light, under pressure...a complete different path to the competition in February.
I'm very excited

Then talks about the other ladies.
I couldn't agree more. Thumbs up! I'm glad they've finally noticed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:25 am

Thank you everyone for posting translations, and sharing your experience of watching Mao live, with us!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you! 

polosatik wrote:

After reading linglang post I think there is a problem with entrance to second triple axel and I have an idea why. Anna who fell on axel in GPF said in her past interview that her coach fixed her entrance to her axel right after her SP and it worked. In the past Mao had a really long entrance to her 3a now she has different entrance but it working only in the begining of the program so my thought is that Mao and Sato will be working on fixing that thing. She can jump them separately but not one after another.

If your theory is true, and I agree with it, why is she jumping two 3A in a row. Why not do one 3A than do some other jump and then go for the second 3A? Or would this make it even harder for her?

If she's thinking about doing two 3A in Sochi, does this mean she no longer wants to challenge an 8 triple LP? That would really be a shame, but then her Lutz will probably always get an "e".

I love how she doesn't give up after making a mistake and she keeps fighting and selling her programs like nothing happened. But this time, there was something missing in the LP. Even my grandma, who after seeing her programs at SA became a Mao fanatic  lol! , noticed it. Her words: she was great, but not as good as at SA.  Now that I know she's had back pain, maybe this affecetd her.

And both my granny and I like the new costume better. While the first one was gorgeous, I think this one goes better with Rachmaninov. I would make a few modifications though, like get rid of that chocker and make it less Tarasova.

Mao's gala performance was absolutely sublime. Love Hearts  Swoon  Love 

I'm probably nitpicking here, but did anyone else find Julia's behaviour a bit strange? She only shook hands with Mao on the podium and before she took to the ice at exhibition she almost looked pissed.  scratch 

COHK wrote:
News 12/9

Good decision. I wonder if this means, that Yuna might go, if Mao will stay at home, because no way will Yuna face Mao at a competition before Sochi.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:37 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

If your theory is true, and I agree with it, why is she jumping two 3A in a row. Why not do one 3A than do some other jump and then go for the second 3A? Or would this make it even harder for her?

If she's thinking about doing two 3A in Sochi, does this mean she no longer wants to challenge an 8 triple LP? That would really be a shame, but then her Lutz will probably always get an "e".
Yeah, i was thinking about it. To be honest I always wondered why Mao's doing one after another 3a cause if she will do 3a then 3f and then second 3a with 2toeloop it won't effect her stamina or anything but it won't look empty like it did with two 3 axels at the begining. In figure skating even changing place of the jump in program can make a big sense.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 am

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Yeah, i was thinking about it. To be honest I always wondered why Mao's doing one after another 3a cause if she will do 3a then 3f and then second 3a with 2toeloop it won't effect her stamina or anything but it won't look empty like it did with two 3 axels at the begining. In figure skating even changing place of the jump in program can make a big sense.

I think it's because of the "plan B", i.e. 3F-3L in case the second 3A is popped or turned into a double. This is also why her 3A-2T is planned as the 2nd jumping pass, not the first one like in the 2009-10 LP.

If Mao did 3A, 3F, and then popped or doubled 3A, it would be too late to tack the combo onto any other jump.  Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:30 am

Thank you for the commentaries and translation. How wonderful to know that there are people out there outside of Japan who help educate TV viewers about how great Mao is as a skater.  cheers 

Also thanks for lovely pics!!  Razz 

inskate wrote:
polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I think it's because of the "plan B", i.e. 3F-3L in case the second 3A is popped or turned into a double. This is also why her 3A-2T is planned as the 2nd jumping pass, not the first one like in the 2009-10 LP.

If Mao did 3A, 3F, and then popped or doubled 3A, it would be too late to tack the combo onto any other jump.  Yep, Sadly

Thank you inskate for clear clarification as always.  
Do you think Mao has given up lutz correction?  Depressed Crying  Are two months too short for her to get rid of edge call?  I wonder how many miles she has to go before she achieves the correction. Do you see any potential?  As other people say, do you think they try two 3A layout because rather than working on 3A and lutz in parallel, investing more time in 3A is effective? Sorry for my silly question.  I know it's beyond the knowledge of people who are outside of the team, but I though you may have some insight and I'm just curious.  Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:50 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

I'm probably nitpicking here, but did anyone else find Julia's behaviour a bit strange? She only shook hands with Mao on the podium and before she took to the ice at exhibition she almost looked pissed.  scratch 

I feel that he way Julia shook hands with Ashley in the medal ceremony also looks half-hearted. Julia is either not good at interpersonal skills (i.e she was just disappointed in herself like Komova) or really has a diva attitude, but either way her behaviour rubs many people the wrong way and it would be not good for her in the future. Being a competitive figure skater is much more than just stepping on the ice, doing your program, receiving the scores and calling it a day.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I feel that he way Julia shook hands with Ashley in the medal ceremony also looks half-hearted. Julia is either not good at interpersonal skills (i.e she was just disappointed in herself like Komova) or really has a diva attitude, but either way her behaviour rubs many people the wrong way and it would be not good for her in the future. Being a competitive figure skater is much more than just stepping on the ice, doing your program, receiving the scores and calling it a day.

Your true personality always presents itself when you're relaxed and unguarded. It's not a coincidence that Julia's sour personality is on display during/after any competition where she's not standing in the middle of the podium, and this has been evident since her senior debut in 2012.

She clearly thinks highly of herself, which would be a good thing if she wasn't being so arrogant.
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:48 am

shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Your true personality always presents itself when you're relaxed and unguarded. It's not a coincidence that Julia's sour personality is on display during/after any competition where she's not standing in the middle of the podium, and this has been evident since her senior debut in 2012.

She clearly thinks highly of herself, which would be a good thing if she wasn't being so arrogant.

I also noticed that she did not kiss Mao when Mao exteded her face to her. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I find Julia a little arrogant.
If she is going to be a leading lady this quad she needs to work on those things.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:01 am

inskate wrote:

How about if she did 3A, 3S, 3A-2T and if the 3A combo doesn't work then go to plan B? Obviously, she knows best, but to me, the two consecutive 3A really take something from the program.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:47 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
inskate wrote:

How about if she did 3A, 3S, 3A-2T and if the 3A combo doesn't work then go to plan B? Obviously, she knows best, but to me, the two consecutive 3A really take something from the program.

That would be difficult, too. Not only attempting 3F-3L in the 2nd half would be really challenging on its own, but the choreo would have to be drastically changed. Right now Mao has 3S planned very shortly after 2A-3T - not enough space to prepare for a 3F-3L. All the following jumping passes are pretty close to each other and match the music too well to change them.
The only logical part to ettempt 3F-3L would be in the place 2A-3T is now, but it wouldn't make sense to change it now that 2A-3T became consistent and started getting really good GoEs - better than 3F-3L would be likely to get, even if it was miraculously landed.

linglang wrote:
Do you think Mao has given up lutz correction? (...)

I think, for the moment, 3As are overshadowing the rest. And other people just encourage Mao... Ah, Midori!  Hell, no! 

Personally, I hope that Mao will reconsider her goal... Perhaps she'll land both of 3As at Nats, at least one of them ratified, and will decide that it's time to challenge something new...
Even better, that she'll realize that if it turns out at Nats that the 2 3A strategy isn't working, she'll have no time and no competitions left to shake the rust off the older layout.

However, I think that taking a break from 3Lz might be actually beneficial in letting the old habits go. Like with 3A last season - Mao didn't attempt it for a fairly long time, but after that it just turned stronger, as if she forgot the bad habits during the break. If only there was more time before the Olympics! Snow
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:22 am

Thank you inskate.  Yes if only there was more time ... Things begun picking for her finally from the beginning of this season, but she wants to make a change even there are only a few months left for preparation.  Drama!  She's a going-my-way girl, which made me want to support her all the more though.   Unconscious
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:03 am

chapis wrote:
sweetdream wrote:

Would love to share my experience but i guess it would take too much time and won't really like to spam you guys right now but oh boy! I'm a happy kid (: (if only i could go for all 4 days sighpie but it's okay heh!)

Please, please, share it.
OMG, I got another star and I have 3loop Yikes!!!BoogieDance

Haha congrats!! :DNow you are one of Mao's favourite jumps heh! Very Happy

Okay maybe a short one! Okay after looking back it's so long and incoherent. I tried spending yesterday to edit but my brain is malfunctioning with so much things/work to catch up after being away gahhh! Hope you guys dont mind  Embarassed 

Overall comments:
Love Japan! Love Hearts  The culture of the city is so rich and the Japanese there were so helpful and hospitable! :)Sometimes I wish I could speak Japanese as I had so many questions but ohwells! :)Have to make do with whatever I can interpret from their kanji! (and recognising certain japanese words like marine messe haha!)
On a side note, I saw Oda while sightseeing so yippee! Very Happy

GPF! Day 2:
I was pretty near the kiss and cry and where the skaters enter! so GOOD SEATS! Very Happy(so happy) I was so shy to give Standing ovations >< (partly since the people in front didnt stand up, and I shyly stood up for Yuzu nearing the end )but I did stand for Day 3! :Dheheh
GPF Day 3:
I was further away ): but all is well! :DQuite good seats although a little far away! Overall so happy to watch the warmup, kiss and cry and just seeing them live like 'Woah, its like on the screen and you are there its like watching mini tv in front of my eyes like 3D' And hearing all the edge sounds and jumps landing, so cool hahahah Razz

Mens (FP only)

oh my goodness, when the warmup started they were like nailing BIG BIG JUMPS LIKE QUADS AND 3A I WAS LIKE ShockedShockedShockedShockedaffraidaffraidRockstar
Machida: So sad he was last in SP, but OMG I WAS LIKE ROOTING FOR HIM ALL THE WAY!! and when he nailed everything i was like YESSSHHHHH!Thumbs up!
Kovtun: He is like so tall o: and he seems like those Russian princes from the ballets heh! Great skates but I feel some jumps were a little too much lean forward! But great Very Happy
Han Yan: Omg his first 3a, I thought he was jumping into the audience. :shock:It was THAT HIGH. intense. pity there were mistakes here and there
Oda: Omg yayyyy! Happy that he held on to his medal! He fell on the first quad in front of my section :|but came back with a 4-3 so everyone cheered! love how the audience keeps rooting for people who fall Japanese or not, Senior or junior Love
Chan: His skating skill, UNDENIABLE. OKay I came back being more warmed up to Chan! He feels like those skaters who have an undeniable flow and subtle grace across the ice. (alittle like how i feel towards CaroK) His artistry, I feel, is either you see, understand and appreciate it, or not at all. But oh boy it takes like a strokes, some edges and he is across the rink its really AMAZING. And really at a distance, its really how smooth they flow on the ice, their extensions and then their emotions that shine through! So fine, I give the PCS to him (: Just no overinflation but he deserve the SS definitely! Too bad Dai didn't skate so I can't compare their skills Sad
Yuzu: Crowd favourite, everyone cheered, everyone roared, everyone stood! Yay him! :Dfirst 4s fell in front of my section too ): but boy later on it was this and that nailed and well, I felt his emotion was quite good from what I saw! Really feeling the music, really just stretched and he had his moment during the ina bauer (of which omg he is soooo flexible. Back was almost gone! His ina bauer puts many ladies' into shame.) If his is so good, Shizuka's must be like omg so flexible it's like playdough

Ladies FS only
So many people came. So many banners. Amazing amazing. When the warm up started everyone shouted for Mao, and it was like O: every turn, every stroke, how does Mao even focus on warming up? o: (and even the overhead camera was like zooming on her throughout the 5min warmup....) Everyone clapped and I think Mao nailed a 3A during warm up, fell on one, and missed one cause of traffic. Some were to fast I was distracted hahahah

Anna: beautiful, mistakes here and there sadly but oh wells, i think it is hard since there are like 4 Russian ladies! o: so you are practically fighting amongst yourselves! ): but beautiful! I like her skating
Elena: Her fall was rather unexpected for me! But oh boy lovely lovely lovely. (: just made me smile throughout and the audience love her too :DLove her skating too and wish her all the best <:
Julia: Well, her last spin was centered! (finally) And the front few parts was rather haunting! Felt 3/4 through she went a little out of steam, but it was a good skate, not perfect but good. And her dress is a very nice red colour!
Ashley: Well, I have to say the music still doesnt quite work for me! I mean like there are so many more wonderful parts in Tchaikovsky's R&J! The music seems to suit a Romeo more than a Juliet but oh wells if it makes her happy! Could see she was not too pleased! I thought it was over until I saw Adelina.... Sad
Adelina: It was a like a hit and go, the audience was also quite sad for her! But i love how the audience claps even after a fall! its in a way supporting them (I hope!) Just that Adelina nailed big jumps - fail - nail big jumps - fail it's quite sad :(Thought she could push to Rus no 1 but ayes.
Mao - cat  the one everyone was waiting for, a HUGE HUGE LINE OF CAMERAS, which i said early, was like a sea of camera clicking after the music started. Like first note- *insert spam of clicking* second note. And after each jump too, and basically throughout just that the music drowns the sound eventually. The audience clapped along quite early and it was around then that struck me, like the huge support, attention on Mao, that it can be so so overwhelming. :(like omg isn't it scary to see everyone in the rink clapping in sync, a sea of faces just clapping, the cameras clicking the banners all waving, like it makes the spotlight even brighter and scarier. And at first I thought, hey Mao is a lyrical skater, why does she like Rach, and music like this? But I guess it does seem to round off her experiences. Rach starts off note by note, like water droplets rippling on still waters, slowing they radiate out and a single drop becomes an engulfing wave. That strength, pressure, force around her, slows as she finds the light moments in it all, that fleeting moment of joy and transfering it all to one last push during the steps to her grand finale. Beautiful music choice, and I guess understandable if I were her. (cause it feels like taking all that energy, the good the bad, the happy and the sad, and just releasing it all to the environment.)

Pairs (selected pairs)
- Cheng Zhang: From a far its harder to see how much older Zhang is to Cheng! Beautiful lyrical pair! I really felt an emotional performance from them! Something which I didnt feel on youtube as the age difference did put me off l:
- Pang/ Tong: Lovely (: the height is soooo obvious. Secretly think they are playing on the word Dream for the olympics, and I feel I dreamed I dream is quite apt given the hardships they had after 2010 olympics! But Ayes, somehow I felt they have become softer lyrical skaters as compared to the more dramatic skaters i saw in the past
- S/S: well amazing for me! BRAVO!! Very Happy Somehow their SP and LP make me feel like it's their life story! How they pursue their dreams, fighting for it, trying so hard and inside knowing that the chance of failure is so high. But still they press on and try, an emotional journey and something that I did not feel on youtube! Especially for their SP, it was beautiful, really felt that deep emotion and vulnerability from them.
V/T: the Russians are totally about precision, power and perfection. Simply breathtaking when they nail the jumps, and their SP is simply gorgeous! Love the thematic approach! Lp was a little sad ): and the music is rather hard for most to skate to!
Haha and during the medal ceremony for pairs, the masquerade waltz was on and they were waltzing like ice dancers before they fell because of the red carpet! teehee Encore  Love them so much, they are quite the goofy skaters Very Happy Or at least trankov is!

okay this is rather long so only my fave pairs here
Ice Dance:
V/M:
Has so much ice coverage. I feel that in the SD, they were fasting and smoother in the step than D/W. But like woah. they have a lot more subtle moments but the comparison between the top 2 and the rest is rather obvious (their speed and flow on the ice is undeniable. Ice coverage as well, so I guess that's why they have been in a league of their own!) Love them and like a simple lift by them (the S/S inspired one in their FD) covered like (in my opinion a 1/3 of the ice) it's wonderful! Oh and wished she didnt have that hair for her FD. Not pretty imo. But still i love them  cat 

D/W: I would put VM first on SD and DW first on FD, as much as I love VM, DW is my close 2nd and i have to say the show stopping lifts for the FD just made VM's chances to win dwindle so much. Haha, but good they were, nailed the FD, reminded me a little of their indian OD in terms of their spark and projection (:

So conflicted on who to put first now :(but ayes Love HeartsLove HeartsLove Hearts both teams so much!

W/P: I love their SD and I thought their tango was goood (and better than the French? but I guess not!) OH wells, would love to see them after sochi! :DBut ohboy after listening to the same music (W/P and C/L's SD) back to back is not exactly quite nice? I mean it diminishes the effect of both programs since you start comparing
P/B Well their style is very much different from the rest I have to say! (: In an interesting way perhaps and I guess its kind of refreshing to see as well
Russians Well, I guess their SD is not bad! Feels quite like how a modern Russian dance would be in like those classy functions and events! But their FD, that fall was right in front of my section! So we couldnt really see what happened! O: but ohman I dont really like the beginning, feels a little too strange? Cant really put my finger on it though...
C/L Well, I kind of like their SD, though I like W/P's more! I felt this season, they have not progressed much as compared to last season! And this programme, removing the music isnt much of a difference to me from last year's Carmen O: (okay maybe it's just me? but I feel like Igor didnt spend so much effort on them compared to the French) But i really do like them! (even though I felt having 2 carmens last year was no fun. Sad they had to share the same music for SD again as well!
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:13 am

Thank you very much Sweetdream!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:29 am

Thank you sweetdream!  Thank you! 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:28 am

Thank you, sweetdream, esp the way you described all the hoopla when Mao is on the ice. Man, that has got to be totally unnerving being on center ice with all the cheering, shouting, clicking and a pressure-filled atmosphere. How can she even focus and skate well is beyond me knowing that a lot of people expect her to do well... I totally salute this lady!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:30 am

Thanks very much, sweetdream, for so detailed report and on every discipline.
Some nice person translated Yuzuru's part in this interview, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY5Z3S4iV6A on GS. I wonder can someone here kindly translate Mao's part, please.
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks for your report, sweetdream!  Thank you! 
Happy for your that you managed to see it live. cheers 

Btw, some nice words about Mao from Julia and Ashley in this article:

http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/general/2013/12/07/0006555629.shtml

Julia: "Of course, I think Mao is the strongest skater in the world. What I like best about her is the beauty and smoothnes of her skating. I respect her a lot and love her very much as a skater," she is quoted to have said while looking at Mao admiringly.

Ashley: "She is definitely very strong this season, but especially the fact that she, as a lady skater, is able to land a triple axel is something to be admired"

I totally understand how Julia can rub people the wrong way. I myself am usually not very enthousiastic about her behavior, but if she really thinks like this about Mao, then she can't be that bad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Interesting analysis on the Mao-Yuna skating components and base values this season, and how it compares to the 2010 Olympics version:

http://www.examiner.com/article/opining-on-grand-prix-final-and-golden-spin-asada-vs-kim-revisited

Last edited by shar on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Sweetdream, your report is so interesting to read, especially your description of Rach 2 is like F.Scott Fitzgerald's pose  Love Hearts Can you understand Kanji?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2013
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next