Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2013

Go down 
+53
mika
Tripleaxelqueen
Dani-Chan
☆Genie
mimmiz
supportmaoasada
Asada_Rising
let`s talk
appledapple
FigureArtist14
apple4me
babayaga
maosukefan
kawaiimao
BounceAround
mini34ans
josling
Hotaru
dangerous_angel_face
inskate
kazekamihiko
AmazingGraceMao
itsonlykat
europeanfan
kisses
sapphiresky
Abdiel
tinalulu
chiyori
Mao2012
rachmaninoffangel
BowbowDaijin
ballerinamao
minhoudi
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chapis
whiteboots2013
roma
polosatik
aoi88
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
illani
Ken Himura
l-spiralmao
COHK
Iceriver
pearlyriver
linglang
shar
ilovethai
Alokya
Haidogirl
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:14 am

Oda leads now followed by Machida.
So at least, Japan took the bronze.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 am

Hanyu fell on quad. His spin is unstable but his 3A were big elements.
He performed with soul as he was willing to die to earn gold.
And he got that!
Back to top Go down
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
itsonlykat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:32 am

Yuzuru wins omg how many triples did he do LOL he was amazing, Patrick as well but not enough to win though because of his mistake in the SP. Oda 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:35 am

Oh my gosh! IT'S ALREADY MEN FS?!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:38 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Oh my gosh! IT'S ALREADY MEN FS?!

You just missed it Yep, Sadly 
I followed the results on my phone, but haven't watched the vids yet. Overall result:

1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Patrick Chan
3. Nobunari Oda
4. Tatsuki Machida
5. Maxim Kovtun
6. Han Yan
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:59 am

Not just the SP...Yuzu actually won the LP over Chan as well—193.41 to Chan's 192.61! Shocked Cool
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:03 am

Yuzu-kun, おめでとうございます。
Finally you showed the world that PChan is not unbeatable! Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:12 am

OMG Yuzu! Shocked  That was amazing. Without the fall he would've broken Patricks WR from TEB. affraid 
Imagine a perfectly clean Yuzu, he'll be amazing beyond words.

I've just seen pairs SP, I must say that for S/S to drop 3A in the SP is the best way to go. This way they have a chance to come very close to V/T, so they're in a fighting distance for the gold. Go for 3A ONLY in the LP.

Does anyone know the qualifying process for Sochi in JSF? If it's the same as the last time, where the best placed japanese skaters in GPF, got an automatic berth, this means that Yuzu and Mao are in for sure, no matter what happens at Nats.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:20 am

I don't know if Hanyu scores were slightly higher due to the competition being held in japan, but if this is an indication to how the PCS is going to be divided. Then this competition is a totally game changer, the judges are not making Patrick invincible any longer. This gives me a bit of hope again, that even the judges favorite skaters, can not always be saved.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:25 am

Yuzu!!! Cheering Cheering 
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Does anyone know the qualifying process for Sochi in JSF? If it's the same as the last time, where the best placed japanese skaters in GPF, got an automatic berth, this means that Yuzu and Mao are in for sure, no matter what happens at Nats.

No, the process was changed again (it was announced in June, IIRC). Now the berths will be assigned to:
1st berth: winner of the Japanese Nationals
2nd berth: selected from the 2nd place winner at Nationals, the 3rd place winner at Nationals, and the skater who has placed the highest on the GPF podium
3rd berth: selected from whoever qualified for the 2nd berth, but was rejected, the top 3 Japanese skaters in the ISU ranking at the moment of the end of the Japanese Nationals and the owners of the top 3 ISU season's best score.

Although Mao & Yuzu have almost a lock on their spots (barring an injury, knock on wood); they have highest season's best ISU score, highest ISU ranking, plus Yuzu won GPF and Mao was the only Japanese lady who qualified Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:39 am

GO YUZU!!! cheers 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:49 am

ballerinamao wrote:
I don't know  if Hanyu scores were slightly higher due to the competition being held in japan, but if this is an indication to how the PCS is going to be divided. Then this competition is a totally game changer, the judges are not making Patrick invincible any longer. This gives me a bit of hope again, that even the judges favorite skaters, can not always be saved.
But Yuzuru didn't win on PCS this time. There was like a 3pt PCS difference in the free but Yuzu beat him on TES even with a fall on the first quad. Most of PChan's jumps were also a bit tight and I agree with what I read in twitter: he calculatored his way through. (from @skating102) At least that's how I felt when I watched his FS. Not as good as his TEB FS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:11 am

Dance Dance Dance Dance 
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:26 am

Wow! Congrats to Yuzuru! This was a very surprising result. Also congrats to all the medalists. Very surprised that Yuzuru beat PChan in the LP as well.

Does anyone know if there's another practice today before the ladies LP tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:39 am

sapphiresky wrote:

Does anyone know if there's another practice today before the ladies LP tomorrow?
Yes, about 6 hrs prior to the start of the ladies FS, the last practice will be on 1300-1340local time tmr.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:52 am

With Mao only 1 point behind a certain someone in the SP, how much you wanna bet, they (The dreadful 2) scrutinize her lp for every little mistake to make sure she doesn't top the queeeeeeeef...I mean gueeen.

I hope not, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 12:00 pm

shar wrote:
With Mao only 1 point behind a certain someone in the SP, how much you wanna bet,  they (The dreadful 2) scrutinize her lp for every little mistake to make sure she doesn't top the queeeeeeeef...I mean gueeen.

I hope not, but you never know.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they do. After yesterday I'm starting to believe someone's theory (I don't remember who it was) ,that Mao was being underscored on purpose so that the queen could beat her score and going to Sochi still as a favourite. I'm really curious how these two morons will judge Mao tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
maosukefan

maosukefan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 12:12 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
maosukefan wrote:
:thankyou: maosuke fan!!!!!!!

And Nocture is officially my favorite Mao program of all time. :cloud9: 

:swoon: :swoon: 
I'm happy to please you:confetti:  You know i absolutly adore the british commentators they're always very supportive towards Mao.  and I'm in love with Nicky's voice :whistle:
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 1:46 pm

roma wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
I don't know  if Hanyu scores were slightly higher due to the competition being held in japan, but if this is an indication to how the PCS is going to be divided. Then this competition is a totally game changer, the judges are not making Patrick invincible any longer. This gives me a bit of hope again, that even the judges favorite skaters, can not always be saved.
But Yuzuru didn't win on PCS this time. There was like a 3pt PCS difference in the free but Yuzu beat him on TES even with a fall on the first quad. Most of PChan's jumps were also a bit tight and I agree with what I read in twitter: he calculatored his way through. (from @skating102) At least that's how I felt when I watched his FS. Not as good as his TEB FS.
I agree with this, but in the past the judges didn't care and let him win with performances that were much worse, although I wouldn't know how they would do it this time, even if they wanted. The difference between their technical content was very obvious at this competition afterall. I am just so used to seeing him win despite this, that yuzuru's scoring so close in pcs has been a very unpredictable development I didn't see coming, but still a development I would welcome any day lol! and which I hope continues.
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Sorry if I'm posting too many videos, but I thought the Spanish and Finnish broadcasts had especially good quality, and the Spanish commentator in particular had some wonderful things to say about Mao. I agree with her *gasp* during the layback. I don't understand Finnish at all, but that video has superextra HD (I don't know the technical term Razz).

Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwSD9Uu7ZBk
Finnish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brfCY93jgqc
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm enjoying this GPF very much! Very Happy 

First, Yuzu's amazing SP breaking the WR established by Patrick just three weeks ago. Then an unbelievable ladies Short Program with an even more unbelievable performance by Mao. Today a perfect pairs short program with S/S and V/T separated by only 3 points and a great Short Dance with V/M and D/W scoring almost the same and both breaking the previous WR. Not to talk about Yuzu winning the Free Skate! Smile 

Some thoughts about the men FS. I'm OK (and really happy) with the results, but a bit surprised of how high Yuzu's PCS were scored. He is good but I didn't expect the judges to increase his PCS by 12 points from TEB. Honestly, 92 is very high for a program which included a fall...I expected something around 85-90. However, he deserved the victory here. It's also really exciting how judges in all categories are sending the message "no one is invincible", at least in the men, pairs and dance categories.

Any news about Mao?
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:48 pm

BounceAround wrote:
Sorry if I'm posting too many videos, but I thought the Spanish and Finnish broadcasts had especially good quality, and the Spanish commentator in particular had some wonderful things to say about Mao. I agree with her *gasp* during the layback. I don't understand Finnish at all, but that video has superextra HD (I don't know the technical term Razz).

Yes, I'm Spanish and watched the SP live and I really enjoyed her comments. Do you speak Spanish too? Smile
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Iceriver wrote:
BounceAround wrote:

Yes, I'm Spanish and watched the SP live and I really enjoyed her comments. Do you speak Spanish too? Smile
iceriver, do you mind giving a brief review of what they said, i'm really really curious
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi Iceriver,

I don't speak Spanish, but I sat in my friend's Spanish class throughout all of high school, so I know enough to comprehend a lot of what the TDP/TVE commentator says. But honestly, I can't say that I truly understand Spanish Embarassed.

I like how she (I don't actually know if it's the same woman) is very positive towards all the skaters and had nice things to say about Mao during her tough years. She always notices the footwork!

On another note, Yuna's new tango freeskate reminded me to rewatch Mao's "Por Una Cabeza" exhibition. It was fabulous!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2013
Page 15 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next