Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao up for greatest skater?

Go down 
+17
bellarina
ddmm
Yunamao
kaarolcia
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
SpecialK
polosatik
BowbowDaijin
PochinkoPotanko
MaoMaoRevolution
MOACHANTHEBEST
klarification
aoi88
Star85
alyssa
Figure_skating_love
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Hey guys check this from the site itself:
Quote :

Update (5/10)

The first upset in the bracket took place as 11th-seeded Mao Asada ousted sixth-seeded Marina Anissina and Gwendal Piezerat

An upset? Says who? I call it victory!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
SpecialK

SpecialK

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Horay! cheers I have asked many of my friends to spread the word, too - I'd have to make sure I thank them Wink

Great job everyone flower

Last edited by SpecialK on Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:49 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:
PP you are right. Korean Yuna fanatics will do anything to refrain Mao from ever winning. I told you guys they are almost scary. They are trying really hard for judges to give any high scores to Mao. They make me really really upset. What do you think of last season's constant UR call for Mao's jumps? Korean media and fans really influenced judges or callers to give a second thoughts every time Mao jumped.it is really not fair. Japanese are too quiete or they just do not know where to express their opinions. Also they are somehow too shy to express their feeling in English. I mean Orser is saying that Yuna is learning 3A, so what is the problem? Yuna can benefit from new rules, too.

Well, I was basically saying Korean Yuna fanatics will do anything not to let Mao win polls. I'm not sure if that's the case in competitions...although Koreans do have a history in bribery in soccer (some referees, journalists, members of the World Cup staff spilled it out), we have no evidence of them doing so in FS. But I agree in thinking they probably did send mails of protest to ISU everytime Yuna got URs or felt she was treated unfairly. But hey, that's no crime. I mail ISU sometimes, too! Laugh

Btw, I don't think Japanese people are shy to express their emotions that badly nowadays...at least not on the net! It's just that most of them aren't confident about their Eng. So they prefer to express their anger in Yahoo!Japan News comment boards in Japanese, that's all. They should all realize that their doing so isn't helping anybody since, I'm sure ISU folks do not read them. Japanese folks aren't all that better in being Mao fanatics, just as Korean Yuna fanatics. We just express it in a different way, IMO. And that difference is what keeps on getting on eachother's nerves. We wouldn't have as many people as them, voting like a hundred times a day (assumingly) for Yuna, if Mao were in that Time poll. Hell, no!

And um...I doubt Yuna is working on a 3A again. She hurt her back pretty hard when she tried when she was younger, it's too risky for her to even just to practice it. Orser just said she's probably capable of jumping 3As in the future, merely because he didn't want to admit otherwise right after she won OGM. Laughing
Sorry, I misinterpretd your post. But I still feel Yunabots influence judges and skating fans a lot, not necessarily with actual bribing. They bash Mao or any Japanese skaters who outshine Yuna and i can not stand it. One of pretty well-known-coaches told me that the POLITICS played against Mao this year. Some ocaches say that Mao is the best skater in the world. The fact tha she did 3 3As should have been much more appreciated. And they are American coaches. i am talking about. Well,I do not want Mao fans to act like Yunabots, but I really would like them to voice outloud when it is necessary. I want them to act gracefuly but very persistently.
I see. for some reasons, I got an idea that Yuna is working on 3As. I know she will never get them clean, though. Her rotation is too slow.
I am so glad that Mao is going to the next round!! cheers
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:03 am

MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:
PP you are right. Korean Yuna fanatics will do anything to refrain Mao from ever winning. I told you guys they are almost scary. They are trying really hard for judges to give any high scores to Mao. They make me really really upset. What do you think of last season's constant UR call for Mao's jumps? Korean media and fans really influenced judges or callers to give a second thoughts every time Mao jumped.it is really not fair. Japanese are too quiete or they just do not know where to express their opinions. Also they are somehow too shy to express their feeling in English. I mean Orser is saying that Yuna is learning 3A, so what is the problem? Yuna can benefit from new rules, too.

Well, I was basically saying Korean Yuna fanatics will do anything not to let Mao win polls. I'm not sure if that's the case in competitions...although Koreans do have a history in bribery in soccer (some referees, journalists, members of the World Cup staff spilled it out), we have no evidence of them doing so in FS. But I agree in thinking they probably did send mails of protest to ISU everytime Yuna got URs or felt she was treated unfairly. But hey, that's no crime. I mail ISU sometimes, too! Laugh

Btw, I don't think Japanese people are shy to express their emotions that badly nowadays...at least not on the net! It's just that most of them aren't confident about their Eng. So they prefer to express their anger in Yahoo!Japan News comment boards in Japanese, that's all. They should all realize that their doing so isn't helping anybody since, I'm sure ISU folks do not read them. Japanese folks aren't all that better in being Mao fanatics, just as Korean Yuna fanatics. We just express it in a different way, IMO. And that difference is what keeps on getting on eachother's nerves. We wouldn't have as many people as them, voting like a hundred times a day (assumingly) for Yuna, if Mao were in that Time poll. Hell, no!

And um...I doubt Yuna is working on a 3A again. She hurt her back pretty hard when she tried when she was younger, it's too risky for her to even just to practice it. Orser just said she's probably capable of jumping 3As in the future, merely because he didn't want to admit otherwise right after she won OGM. Laughing
Sorry, I misinterpretd your post. But I still feel Yunabots influence judges and skating fans a lot, not necessarily with actual bribing. They bash Mao or any Japanese skaters who outshine Yuna and i can not stand it. One of pretty well-known-coaches told me that the POLITICS played against Mao this year. Some ocaches say that Mao is the best skater in the world. The fact tha she did 3 3As should have been much more appreciated. And they are American coaches. i am talking about. Well,I do not want Mao fans to act like Yunabots, but I really would like them to voice outloud when it is necessary. I want them to act gracefuly but very persistently.
I see. for some reasons, I got an idea that Yuna is working on 3As. I know she will never get them clean, though. Her rotation is too slow.
I am so glad that Mao is going to the next round!! cheers
As you know next Olympics are in Sochi Razz So if Mao wouldn't choose a north american coach she'll be fine with politics Too sweet! And trust me you'll see more russian oriented programs in the next 4 years.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:18 am

Btw the biggest Russian figure skating forum has voting for the best skaters,programs etc. And if I counted right Mao is the best foreign lady skater Love She had this award in 2007-2008 season, last season this award came to Yuna. Too sweet!
Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 106bqqx

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 E8v3mw
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:39 am

I've seen the pic of Mao-doll(with Aero)! I love you
Hope Mao will get the award again! Cheering
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:36 am

mingming wrote:
I've seen the pic of Mao-doll(with Aero)! I love you
Hope Mao will get the award again! Cheering
Yes, she will! We just counted everything and what else? Dai is the best foreign men skater! cheers It was fun to read people comments," I voted for Mao, but was sure that Yuna will win" ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:28 am

polosatik wrote:

Yes, she will! We just counted everything and what else? Dai is the best foreign men skater! cheers It was fun to read people comments," I voted for Mao, but was sure that Yuna will win" ROTFLMAO

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 393537 Mao-chan won?!?!?! Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 393537

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 463631 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 35749 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 35749 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 41917 Yey!!Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 41917 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 35749 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 35749 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 463631

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 289804 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_sunny I think Dai won a few years ago too!Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_sunny Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 289804

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 23732 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 607139 Congratulations! Good for them!Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 238895 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 23732
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:49 am

Spacey wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 393537 Mao-chan won?!?!?! Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 393537

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 463631 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 35749 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 35749 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 41917 Yey!!Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 41917 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 35749 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 35749 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 463631

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 289804 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_sunny I think Dai won a few years ago too!Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_sunny Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 289804

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 23732 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 607139 Congratulations! Good for them!Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 238895 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 23732

sunny Mao-Chan is unstoppable! sunny
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Dance cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:13 am

polosatik wrote:

Thanks polosatik for the info! I'm so happy both Mao and Dai were chosen to be best in a Russian forum! To me, Russia has always been the greatest in FS, so I feel it's such an honor! I never imagined a day like this would come...Russian FS fans voting Japanese skaters for best! I have to report this in my Japanese blog. cat

I wonder why Yuna didn't win the poll...Overall, she did do best in ladies last season. I guess Worlds turned the table around for her and Mao. I was re-reading the 'How did you come to love Mao? Share your experiences' thread, and noticed alot of us became a Mao fan after seeing how she won Worlds for the first time despite that terrible fall in FP. So maybe the Russian people who voted for her were struck by how Mao fought in previous Worlds in the same sense; not losing the spirit even after Olys. sunny

Btw, I feel more than grateful to Plush now, after the rule changes. If anyone played a big part in pushing ISU to reconsider element values, it was definitely Plush. I think it was either only him or Yag, who could've protested against the current rules and be truely recognized. Thank you Plush, thank you Russia! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:43 am

I think the skating world is divided into two,Russians and North American with Europeans fitting in the middle. Russians have been really frustrated with recent FS trend. They are not happy at all with the fact that Pushenko did not win the OGM even though he successfully landed quad toe-triple toe combo in his program. They have been constantly complaining that programs with difficult jumps are not well rewarded. Naturally, they will respect Mao's program with 3 3As more than any other programs. I also believe that having Russian coach will help her to bring up the popularity. Come to think of it, Mao, Miki, Dai and Nobu, all of the had a Russian coach.
Whereas Yuna has a Canadian coach with a lot of American support.
They are more score savvy and both Yuna and Evan won without attempting the most difficult jumps. And I really beliece that the politics worked for North American side. I have a feeling that Russians are going to come back really strong next season and definitely fight for medals at Sochi. And they will make sure that champs will have quads and 3As.
Maybe the figure skating cold war has begun.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:46 am

A lot of people were impressed how Mao "got away from that huge black hole" ROTFLMAO there she was in the beginning of the season. Her fighting spirit and determination are unbelievable! And from 4 Olympic Champs only one won, Virtue and Moir.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:47 am

MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:
I think the skating world is divided into two,Russians and North American with Europeans fitting in the middle. Russians have been really frustrated with recent FS trend. They are not happy at all with the fact that Pushenko did not win the OGM even though he successfully landed quad toe-triple toe combo in his program. They have been constantly complaining that programs with difficult jumps are not well rewarded. Naturally, they will respect Mao's program with 3 3As more than any other programs. I also believe that having Russian coach will help her to bring up the popularity. Come to think of it, Mao, Miki, Dai and Nobu, all of the had a Russian coach.
They are more score savvy and both Yuna and Evan won without attempting the most difficult jumps. And I really beliece that the politics worked for North American side. I have a feeling that Russians are going to come back really strong next season and definitely fight for medals at Sochi. And they will make sure that champs will have quads and 3As.
I guess it never ended Razz
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:30 pm

MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:

I see your reasoning and it's logical however in my opinion Russia and North America are steadily losing a sense of power so far as Figure Skating is concerned due to the "less than average" performances of some of their skaters as of late with exceptions being given to Mirai and Plush. (In my opinion Asia is becoming if not already the more powerful force in figure skating)

As a result i propose that it's a battle between difficulty and efficiency. For example Kim Yuna is efficient. She does what is in the normal to above average range and does it perfectly, she takes advantage of every rule the ISU has and likes to do just what she needs to win, efficient, but not difficult or particularly daring. Then you have difficulty, for example Plushy or Mao who perform all of the difficult jumps and have harder music, they are above the average. Although this is admirable the ISU doesn't always see it as "efficient." I feel like it cycles between periods of efficiency and periods of difficulty, right now we are in an efficient era

I'm not giving my expert opinion or anything it's just how i feel about the system in place.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:35 pm

hey guys I lost the first round for mao Depressed Crying Bawling
I saw that before at ontd_skating and I was not taking it seriously Very Mad
I just realized it was cool to vote when a lot of ppl on my twitter told me to vote for Plushy Sweatdrop
In the next round I'll swear I'll make a lot of ppl vote for Maochan, I'll tell ppl on twitter, post on the comm etc...
Just let me know Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
SpecialK

SpecialK

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Hey guys, Mao is up for ROUND 2!

To vote for Mao, click here.

Go Mao! Cheering
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:11 pm

It's so strange that Mao always has the closest race, no matter who she goes up against. Rolling Eyes Looks like it's going to be a tough battle again for us. Everyone please vote for Mao again and soon since I'm pretty sure the polls may close soon. Spread the word to other fans, friends, etc.... Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:33 pm

SpecialK wrote:

Go Mao! Cheering

I'll vote this time, I'll tell ppl I know too cheers Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
SpecialK wrote:

Go Mao! Cheering

I've voted! This time at least Mao has a significant lead, it's 1017 to 679 cheers
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Surprisingly Yuna and Peggy Fleming are really close in terms of score!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Go, Mao, go! Cheering
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:57 am

Figure_skating_love wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
SpecialK wrote:

Go Mao! Cheering

I've voted! This time at least Mao has a significant lead, it's 1017 to 679 cheers

Not anymore~~~ Now Mao's a slightly behind Carol. Sad Please vote everyone! (if you hadn't) Cheering

ETA: Mao is really behind now, please help her everyone!
Carol has exceeded 2000 votes. Hmm.. Carol's votes are almost the same as Yuna's votes.. What a coincidence. Who, me?
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 am

I voted!
Mao is still behind Carol...do that many people remember or know her? Rolling Eyes

But you know, the more I see how this poll is made, I seriously cannot understand what the person who created it was thinking! I mean...Plush vs Evan in the first round? Has this person never heard of seeding? I'm glad Plush won, but it could've been one of the main events in this whole poll thing, I would never have them together in the first round. Mad

Anyway, I'm quite sure Mao will eventually win this round.
It's um...the one after the next we should all be concerned about... Neutral

Last edited by PochinkoPotanko on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:54 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Mao is still behind Carol...do that many people remember or know her? Rolling Eyes
It's quite curious how Carol Heiss is garnering so many votes while other skating greats from the past like Peggy, Dorothy Hamill, and Sonja Henie are all struggling to get past the 900 mark. Rolling Eyes Oh well.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Disappointed The same exact thing happened in the first round.
We just need to keep spreading the word and hope for the best. Drama!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao up for greatest skater?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next