Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao up for greatest skater?

Go down 
+17
bellarina
ddmm
Yunamao
kaarolcia
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
SpecialK
polosatik
BowbowDaijin
PochinkoPotanko
MaoMaoRevolution
MOACHANTHEBEST
klarification
aoi88
Star85
alyssa
Figure_skating_love
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Yay We're catching up Cheering I guess that was the problem SpecialK Sweatdrop

Just keep voting guys~~ Boogie
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:05 pm

I already voted!

Cheering
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Voted! Mao is already ahead!

When I read here that Mao is up against some French ice dancing pair, I thought that they would not be very famous and that this poll is only about current skaters. But since I saw the poll.. she is up against Marina and Gwendal! And they had/have a lot of fans! They were an awesome pair, I loved their Carmina Burana program and Suzanna exhibition! Smile
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Mao-chan is ahead! cheers
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Happy dance Ooo but the opponent is catching up as well. Let's hope Mao can reach 100. Good luck!

ETA: Omg.~~ The French ice-dancers have gained up again and are 2 votes ahead of Mao. Alright~~ it's kinda weird that as soon as Mao votes gains, the opponent gains too. (I am kinda convinced by Pochinko's claim that some people don't want our Mao to win!) Please keep voting guys if you hadn't already. It's a tight race now!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:15 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Happy dance Ooo but the opponent is catching up as well. Let's hope Mao can reach 100. Good luck!

ETA: Omg.~~ The French ice-dancers have gained up again and are 2 votes ahead of Mao. Alright~~ it's kinda weird that as soon as Mao votes gains, the opponent gains too. (I am kinda convinced by Pochinko's claim that some people don't want our Mao to win!) Please keep voting guys if you hadn't already. It's a tight race now!

6 points behind! i am convinced that this is an uphill battle for Mao and yes Pochinko seems to have quite a theory going
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:47 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Please keep voting guys if you hadn't already. It's a tight race now!

Can you vote more than once?
Do they count your votes if you do?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:05 am

It doesn't work for me Bawling
Yesterday the buton vote was blocked and today nothing happens when I click on Mao's link. Frustrated
I'm desperately tryin' to find a way. I feel like a little evil creature is hidden on faceook and seems to prevent Mao fans from voting. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:14 am

https://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/index.php?pid=1273155584
We need more 60 votes. But I think let Mao's out.
We're not in this league. We have WORK to do.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:38 am

http://kr.rival.kids.yahoo.com/rival/favor/?ac=favor&tac=view&category=3&code=201005&rcd=5804&cd=565

Maybe someone has already posted:
This korean site (unfortunately I don't read korean ) is asking to vote for skaters. Just click on the purple button, then click OK. After 10 sec, you can vote again. Mao is currently 7th.
For those who have nothing elso to do....please vote !
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:07 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
Please keep voting guys if you hadn't already. It's a tight race now!

Can you vote more than once?
Do they count your votes if you do?

No. you can't Bawling We're 100 points behind now. This is so weird. For two days, the votes on either end did not change, but then suddenly in one day, the votes on both ends change dramatically. And the margin between them are ALMOST the same as before. A little too suspicious I think. Disappointed

ETA: Today is the LAST day to vote for Mao. So if you still haven't, please do so and also ask your friends, etc... to vote for her. Let's give it our best try so she can advance! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:16 pm

aoi88 wrote:
This is so weird. For two days, the votes on either end did not change, but then suddenly in one day, the votes on both ends change dramatically. And the margin between them are ALMOST the same as before. A little too suspicious I think. Disappointed

The news about the new ISU rules have been reported both in Japanese and Korean media the day before yesterday. I think that explains alot!

The Japanese media simply wrote about UR and DG differences from now on, and the fact that 3A have become 0.3 higher in base values. They did mention a bit that such rules may benefit Mao. But as always except for tabloids, they just reported the new rules in a calm way.

On the other hand, the Korean media has started bashing Mao a little on new rules issue, it seems. They seem to be saying stuff like 'Asada Rules' 'New rules decided by ISU benefitting Mao' 'Mao should be happy with all this'...so, I'm sure Korean Yuna fans or just plain ordinary Japan hating Koreans are pretty pissed, they'd do anything to not let Mao win in the facebook poll. Also, Koreans seem to be commenting on the net that 'Japan must've been active in lobbying' so to make 'the perfect rules for Mao' and 'since when has this sport become a sport for only one person?'...(http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100508-00000010-scn-spo) Crying or Very sad

So what could've been a better time to create a poll than now!? Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:03 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
This is so weird. For two days, the votes on either end did not change, but then suddenly in one day, the votes on both ends change dramatically. And the margin between them are ALMOST the same as before. A little too suspicious I think. Disappointed

The news about the new ISU rules have been reported both in Japanese and Korean media the day before yesterday. I think that explains alot!

The Japanese media simply wrote about UR and DG differences from now on, and the fact that 3A have become 0.3 higher in base values. They did mention a bit that such rules may benefit Mao. But as always except for tabloids, they just reported the new rules in a calm way.

On the other hand, the Korean media has started bashing Mao a little on new rules issue, it seems. They seem to be saying stuff like 'Asada Rules' 'New rules decided by ISU benefitting Mao' 'Mao should be happy with all this'...so, I'm sure Korean Yuna fans or just plain ordinary Japan hating Koreans are pretty pissed, they'd do anything to not let Mao win in the facebook poll. Also, Koreans seem to be commenting on the net that 'Japan must've been active in lobbying' so to make 'the perfect rules for Mao' and 'since when has this sport become a sport for only one person?'...(http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100508-00000010-scn-spo) Crying or Very sad

So what could've been a better time to create a poll than now!? Depressed Crying

What a political sport figure skating is. It makes me even sadder to think of how this will affect Mao on an emotional level, having to step on the ice all the time and having people give her that look or hearing the commentators talk about how the rules suite her SO much when all she does is work her hardest.
As dumb as it may sound, despite any of the JSF's actions, Mao didn't ask for this. I hope she makes it through unscathed.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:35 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! Frustrated

What did Mao ever do wrong? She was just trying to enjoy skating while competing at the same time. People think that the 3A rule only benefits her, but doesn't this encourage younger skaters to take up a challenge and master more elements in the near future? Also, are they criticizing someone who worked hard for something and is now finally being rewarded? I don't like how the Koreans make such a big fuss over this, letting their emotions sway their judgments.

Mao endured all these statements:
1. A 3A obsessed skater with no other strengths
2. A 'has-been' after being off the podium for two times
3. A sore loser after Vancouver
4. A demanding skater who is hard to get along with, thus frequently changing coaches
5. A coach-stealer

Now they are accusing Mao of being 'immoral' by convincing the ISU to make up some rules for her. Since the new ISU rules were announced, a lot of people have expressed their dissatisfaction and accused Mao and the JSF of bribery.

All of the things that are happening make me want to find a way to directly tell Mao that she has a lot of supporters. Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:46 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

PP you are right. Korean Yuna fanatics will do anything to refrain Mao from ever winning. I told you guys they are almost scary. They are trying really hard for judges to give any high scores to Mao. They make me really really upset. What do you think of last season's constant UR call for Mao's jumps? Korean media and fans really influenced judges or callers to give a second thoughts every time Mao jumped.it is really not fair. Japanese are too quiete or they just do not know where to express their opinions. Also they are somehow too shy to express their feeling in English. I mean Orser is saying that Yuna is learning 3A, so what is the problem? Yuna can benefit from new rules, too.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:14 pm

MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:
PP you are right. Korean Yuna fanatics will do anything to refrain Mao from ever winning. I told you guys they are almost scary. They are trying really hard for judges to give any high scores to Mao. They make me really really upset. What do you think of last season's constant UR call for Mao's jumps? Korean media and fans really influenced judges or callers to give a second thoughts every time Mao jumped.it is really not fair. Japanese are too quiete or they just do not know where to express their opinions. Also they are somehow too shy to express their feeling in English. I mean Orser is saying that Yuna is learning 3A, so what is the problem? Yuna can benefit from new rules, too.

Well, I was basically saying Korean Yuna fanatics will do anything not to let Mao win polls. I'm not sure if that's the case in competitions...although Koreans do have a history in bribery in soccer (some referees, journalists, members of the World Cup staff spilled it out), we have no evidence of them doing so in FS. But I agree in thinking they probably did send mails of protest to ISU everytime Yuna got URs or felt she was treated unfairly. But hey, that's no crime. I mail ISU sometimes, too! Laugh

Btw, I don't think Japanese people are shy to express their emotions that badly nowadays...at least not on the net! It's just that most of them aren't confident about their Eng. So they prefer to express their anger in Yahoo!Japan News comment boards in Japanese, that's all. They should all realize that their doing so isn't helping anybody since, I'm sure ISU folks do not read them. Japanese folks aren't all that better in being Mao fanatics, just as Korean Yuna fanatics. We just express it in a different way, IMO. And that difference is what keeps on getting on eachother's nerves. We wouldn't have as many people as them, voting like a hundred times a day (assumingly) for Yuna, if Mao were in that Time poll. Hell, no!

And um...I doubt Yuna is working on a 3A again. She hurt her back pretty hard when she tried when she was younger, it's too risky for her to even just to practice it. Orser just said she's probably capable of jumping 3As in the future, merely because he didn't want to admit otherwise right after she won OGM. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:43 pm

klarification wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! Frustrated

What did Mao ever do wrong? She was just trying to enjoy skating while competing at the same time. People think that the 3A rule only benefits her, but doesn't this encourage younger skaters to take up a challenge and master more elements in the near future? Also, are they criticizing someone who worked hard for something and is now finally being rewarded? I don't like how the Koreans make such a big fuss over this, letting their emotions sway their judgments.

4. A demanding skater who is hard to get along with, thus frequently changing coaches
5. A coach-stealer

Now they are accusing Mao of being 'immoral' by convincing the ISU to make up some rules for her. Since the new ISU rules were announced, a lot of people have expressed their dissatisfaction and accused Mao and the JSF of bribery.

All of the things that are happening make me want to find a way to directly tell Mao that she has a lot of supporters. Depressed Crying
klarification, I agree with everything you said.

The rules before were, in effect, punishing Mao for pushing the sport forward. Now that they have tweaked the rules so that they even out that imbalance - to correct how they have been unfair in the past, it's somehow biased towards Mao? Really? It's kind of like...say there are two children. One of them is given 10 cookies and the other is given 5. Then when the mother realizes she's been unfair to the other child, she gives her a couple more. Then she's blamed for favoring that child because she gave her an additional couple cookies while not adding more to the other child's pile, even though she was merely evening out the scales a bit? It's one thing to have rules that favor a skater very much IF everything has been fair so far, if that skater has benefited just as much as other skaters. I would call that unfair, too. But if a skater has been unfairly punished or held back by the rules for doing what an athlete SHOULD be doing (aka doing the most difficult things possible), and the rules are changed to make it less unfair for that skater, that's not favoring the skater over any other. That's correcting a wrong that's been done to that skater and any other with the same mentality or strategy.

And that's just IF the rules have Mao specifically in mind, which I really doubt is true. It's not about Mao Asada - it's about moving the sport forward, not letting it stagnate. The triple axel AND quad's base values were raised, not just the triple axel. It's not just the 3A that they added to the short program. They also are letting guys do a second quad. But of course people are ignoring that, since there's no one guy that's known to be a "two quads in a short program" skater.
Back to top Go down
SpecialK

SpecialK

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:55 am

bellarina wrote:

klarification, I agree with everything you said.

The rules before were, in effect, punishing Mao for pushing the sport forward. Now that they have tweaked the rules so that they even out that imbalance - to correct how they have been unfair in the past, it's somehow biased towards Mao? Really? It's kind of like...say there are two children. One of them is given 10 cookies and the other is given 5. Then when the mother realizes she's been unfair to the other child, she gives her a couple more. Then she's blamed for favoring that child because she gave her an additional couple cookies while not adding more to the other child's pile, even though she was merely evening out the scales a bit? It's one thing to have rules that favor a skater very much IF everything has been fair so far, if that skater has benefited just as much as other skaters. I would call that unfair, too. But if a skater has been unfairly punished or held back by the rules for doing what an athlete SHOULD be doing (aka doing the most difficult things possible), and the rules are changed to make it less unfair for that skater, that's not favoring the skater over any other. That's correcting a wrong that's been done to that skater and any other with the same mentality or strategy.

And that's just IF the rules have Mao specifically in mind, which I really doubt is true. It's not about Mao Asada - it's about moving the sport forward, not letting it stagnate. The triple axel AND quad's base values were raised, not just the triple axel. It's not just the 3A that they added to the short program. They also are letting guys do a second quad. But of course people are ignoring that, since there's no one guy that's known to be a "two quads in a short program" skater.
I think the thing is that some of the Yu-Na fanatics seem to feel that the current rules are actually fair and balanced, and the points difference between Yu-Na and the rest of the ladies are an accurate reflection of the difference in their skating quality and abilities. So they are very upset saying that the new rules will "ruin" that "perfect balance". I'm not saying all the Yu-Na fans - but some of the crazy fanatics... I think that Yu-Na is a great skater and I really admire her jumping techniques - her 3-3 combos are probably the best amongst all the ladies and I feel she really deserved her OGM, but I never considered the points difference as an accurate indication of the difference in their skating skills at all. But it seems to be where opinions differ... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:17 am

klarification wrote:
5. A coach-stealer

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_sad My heart breaks too.Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 566593 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 566593 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 566593 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 566593 Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 566593 Mao-chan does not deserve to be bashed by anyone. She has never said or done anything that could be construed as disrespectful or offensive. How dare they question her moral character!Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 506166

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
...although Koreans do have a history in bribery in soccer (some referees, journalists, members of the World Cup staff spilled it out)

Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 323704Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 952982 I was suspicious at the time but I did not know stuff had been spilled out.

SpecialK wrote:
I think the thing is that some of the Yu-Na fanatics seem to feel that the current rules are actually fair and balanced, and the points difference between Yu-Na and the rest of the ladies are an accurate reflection of the difference in their skating quality and abilities. So they are very upset saying that the new rules will "ruin" that "perfect balance". I'm not saying all the Yu-Na fans - but some of the crazy fanatics... I think that Yu-Na is a great skater and I really admire her jumping techniques - her 3-3 combos are probably the best amongst all the ladies and I feel she really deserved her OGM, but I never considered the points difference as an accurate indication of the difference in their skating skills at all. But it seems to be where opinions differ... Rolling Eyes

I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:39 am

Guys, Mao is ahead now. cheers There's still hope! I think my plea to her fans on facebook is finally working. sunny I think the polls should close soon, so just to be on safe side, keep voting if you haven't. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:28 am

aoi88 wrote:
Guys, Mao is ahead now. cheers There's still hope! I think my plea to her fans on facebook is finally working. sunny I think the polls should close soon, so just to be on safe side, keep voting if you haven't. Many Hearts

I can't see the poll nor the results. I keep on getting 'this poll has been deleted'. What's going on?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:00 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

I can't see the poll nor the results. I keep on getting 'this poll has been deleted'. What's going on?
I think the voting just ended. Razz
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:22 am

polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Thanks polosatik...did she win the first round?
(Okay aoi, you win! I do care about the poll! I don't want to see her retire in the first round! NO, NO, NO!!!!! The only way of her losing which I can tolerate is Mao reaching the last final round against Plush and losing to him. Any other way...NO, NO, NO!!!!! Mad )
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:30 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

(Okay aoi, you win! I do care about the poll! I don't want to see her retire in the first round! NO, NO, NO!!!!! The only way of her losing which I can tolerate is Mao reaching the last final round against Plush and losing to him. Any other way...NO, NO, NO!!!!! Mad )

Yes she did cheers Here are the results https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Springs-CO/US-Figure-Skating/209118026341 just go there and click on bracket to get it.

Yay Cheering Mao advances! Dance Thank you everyone for voting for her!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:43 pm

aoi88 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Yes she did cheers Here are the results https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Springs-CO/US-Figure-Skating/209118026341 just go there and click on bracket to get it.

Yay Cheering Mao advances! Dance Thank you everyone for voting for her!

LET'S GO!!! Thanks everyone for your cooperation!!!i was thinking it might go by unnoticed but you all helped!!! cheers
Let's send her as far as we can and wait until the next vote! Very Happy Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao up for greatest skater?   Mao up for greatest skater? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao up for greatest skater?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next