Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sochi Olympics 2014!

Go down 
+43
Alokya
chineseteacup
pearlyriver
snowdrops24
illani
Abdiel
BowbowDaijin
klarification
Lady_in_black
supportmaoasada
qingshui
BounceAround
Tripleaxelqueen
maofan93
Asada_Rising
FigureArtist14
Hotaru
itsonlykat
Dani-Chan
silenceisgolden
sweetdream
Dilemma
Afsfan
maosukefan
chiyori
Ken Himura
polosatik
mimmiz
ballerinamao
rachmaninoffangel
Mao_Asada_sunrise
zarinaballerina
inskate
COHK
sapphiresky
chapis
l-spiralmao
josling
Iceriver
roma
linglang
☆Genie
shar
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:10 am

josling wrote:
A German newspaper wrote that Aljona jumped up and down out of joy while drawing the last starting number! They reporters asked "Why?" Aljona: "I will tell you at wednesday evening!" And Robin: "Just relax! It could be a surprise..."

I wonder what they're talking about...? "Only" the Th3A? Or are they planning something else which NOone expects?! Not the first time they would produce a big suprise... AHH, I can't wait! Just GOOO and do your best Aljona & Robin! CheeringSmile

Live Streams for today:

BBC:
http://live.drakulastream.eu/static/popups/20055804893240.html
Russian:
http://www.hahabar.com/20140210/v--745973-52f80b21b87361.95784642.html
ORF:
http://www.hahabar.com/20140212/v--747328-52fb94365ab847.02628020.html
CBC:
http://live.drakulastream.eu/static/popups/20055804893281.html
For the Germans:
http://ard.br.de/olympia-sotschi-2014/live/index.html#channel-event_4

http://live.drakulastream.eu/static/popups/20055804893240.html
http://live.drakulastream.eu/static/popups/20055804893282.html

Hope the streams are working. Probably will add some later... Wink

Thank you so much!

I'm really curious why Aliona was so happy. Hopeully they'll go all out, they really have nothing to lose here. beating V/T is almost impossible, judges made sure of it in the SP.

Does anyone know what's the story of  Wende/Wende's coach? Why isn't he there?
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:14 am

Maybe S/S wil go for the 4S LOL  lol! 
I am already getting nervous for S/S! I have this horrible feel in my stomach that they will bomb big time and entirely miss the podium.
I will probably need anti anxiety meds when the Ladies event will come
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:26 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
I am already getting nervous for S/S! I have this horrible feel in my stomach that they will bomb big time and entirely miss the podium.

You better not be having any of these feelings for Mao!  Hell, no! I'm already in need of anti anxiety meds and it's only pairs turn, by the time it'll be Mao's turn, I'll probably be admited into mental institution.  Faint2 Drama! Unconscious 
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Thank you so much!

I'm really curious why Aliona was so happy. Hopeully they'll go all out, they really have nothing to lose here. beating V/T is almost impossible, judges made sure of it in the SP.

He was accused to sexual harassment against minors like 10 years ago and was two years on probation... I don't know whether it was true or not but he had his punishment (years ago!!) and because of that he wasn't allowed to go to Sochi although he was at the Olympics in Vancouver 2010.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:41 am

josling wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Thank you so much!

He was accused to sexual harassment against minors like 10 years ago and was two years on probation... I don't know whether it was true or not but he had his punishment (years ago!!) and because of that he wasn't allowed to go to Sochi although he was at the Olympics in Vancouver 2010.

OK this is ridiculous. if he served out his punishment than he should've been allowed to go. That being said, I hope it was a false accusation, there's nothing worse than praying on helpless children.  Evil or Very Mad  I also remember the Steuer fiasco at Torino, he went but not as a part of the German team if I'm not mistaken. He was accused of spying on his team mates for the stasi police (I think they were called that).
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:50 am

Bazarova needs to eat a decent meal and gain muscle. Her non existing jumps are costing them big time.

Poor Peng Cheng, after the gorgoeus quad twist she messed up both of her side by side jumps.  Depressed Crying 
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:14 am

The German commentator just said that it's Aljona's decsion whether they will do the Th3A or not and she will give Robin a SIGN that she wants to try it....  affraid affraid 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:26 am

Tanya had a touch down at throw triple loop but this is neough to win. The germans will fight for the silver.

152.69 S/S would need at least 157, not gonna happen. Now that Russia also won gold in pairs, I really hope they'll calm down in ladies.
And S/K also have a medal, the chinese just made a mistake on 2A.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 am

okay V/T didnt got any negative GOE although her hand/foot was down on both throws... -.- I'm just so fu**ing angry right now!!!!!  Very Mad Very Mad Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am

Where are you getting the protocols from?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:50 am

Well, no one can say S/S were robbed. this was not a good skate.

josling, I think she only made a mistake on throw triple loop.  scratch  At least they didn't give them another WR.

Now please judges, stop massively overscoring Julia. You got two medals here.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:56 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:

You better not be having any of these feelings for Mao!  Hell, no! I'm already in need of anti anxiety meds and it's only pairs turn, by the time it'll be Mao's turn, I'll probably be admited into mental institution.  Faint2 Drama! Unconscious 

Well, they bombed big and nearly missed the podium...and I also had a vivid feeling Mao was going to miss the 3A in the team event short SP.
I am devastated for S/S. In 2010 it was all about S/Z's fairy tale ending. Now it was all about Russia's dairy tale of getting back the gold medal. Sadly, no fairy tale ever for S/S  Depressed Crying 
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:58 am

Sad 

And 2010's story arc for S/S repeats in 2014...
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:01 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
Sad 

This is literally heartbreaking  Bawling 
V/T just skated what is seems to be one of the most boring and uninspiring winning LP from the history of the Olympics.
Oh, and btw, they got 0.9 GOE for the throw 3Loop with a hand down and 1.6(!!!!) GOE for a 2footed throw 3S. There goes any hope for decent judging in the rest of the competition
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:

Well, they bombed big and nearly missed the podium...and I also had a vivid feeling Mao was going to miss the 3A in the team event short SP.
I am devastated for S/S. In 2010 it was all about S/Z's fairy tale ending. Now it was all about Russia's dairy tale of getting back the gold medal. Sadly, no fairy tale ever for S/S  Depressed Crying 

Well, then please have a feeling that Mao is going to be brilliant in both SP and LP.  Wink Yep! 

This is going to be a stupid question, but why aren't the skaters congratulating each other on the podium? Is it because it's only a flower ceremony?  confused

Lady_in_black wrote:
Oh, and btw, they got 0.9 GOE for the throw 3Loop with a hand down and 1.6(!!!!) GOE for a 2footed throw 3S. There goes any hope for decent judging in the rest of the competition

I thought her throw 3S was ok. scratch

I do agree with you about their program being uninspired, it's probably why they didn't get another WR. They were so tight. I must say though, I'm liking S/K more and more.

In ladies things will get very interesting. Like polosatik said, the Fed loves Adelina so they'll probably push her instead of Yulia. I still say that if Mao is clean it's hers to lose.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:

Well, then please have a feeling that Mao is going to be brilliant in both SP and LP.  Wink Yep! 

This is going to be a stupid question, but why aren't the skaters congratulating each other on the podium? Is it because it's only a flower ceremony?  confused

Lady_in_black wrote:

I thought her throw 3S was ok. scratch

I do agree with you about their program being uninspired, it's probably why they didn't get another WR. They were so tight. I must say though, I'm liking S/K more and more.

Her free foot scratched the ice on the landing, I admit I didn't catch it live but I saw it in the slow motion. At least 0 would have been appropriate but no, they got some +3 as well
V/T got a bunch of 10 in PCS  affraid 
S/K were for me the stars of the night. I think the silver was well deserved
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:
Sad 

This is literally heartbreaking  Bawling 
V/T just skated what is seems to be one of the most boring and uninspiring winning LP from the history of the Olympics.

There's always hope...

And maybe the high GOE is because when they normally do those elements, they execute them at +2 and +3 levels? (-GOE is deductions, not a list of scores...) I don't watch pairs, but I do love S/S after their Pina program.... (the only other pairs I've liked are S/Z, D/D, S/H, and T/T...)

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 pm

I'm so sad for Aliona and Robin. I knew they wouldn't win, but I wanted them to have a perfect skate tonight  Crying or Very sad 
And SK really made my evening ,they were the best,much better then VT. I know I'm evil, but I would give them the gold.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:49 pm

polosatik wrote:
I'm so sad for Aliona and Robin. I knew they wouldn't win, but I wanted them to have a perfect skate tonight  Crying or Very sad 
And SK really made my evening ,they were the best,much better then VT. I know I'm evil, but I would give them the gold.

I agree, but this wasn't their Oly's it was V/T's. I can't believe the PCS V/T got for that LP crap. The good news is, that Russia has a future star pair in these two. S/K for the gold in Pyong Chang.

What will happen to B/Z? Will they continue or retire? I mean her jumps are awful, she's so freaking thin, no wonder she can't lift her self. Vera is a gorgeous skater but she needs to gain weight and muscle, IMO.

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:01 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

I agree, but this wasn't their Oly's it was V/T's. I can't believe the PCS V/T got for that LP crap. The good news is, that Russia has a future star pair in these two. S/K for the gold in Pyong Chang.

What will happen to B/Z? Will they continue or retire? I mean her jumps are awful, she's so freaking thin, no wonder she can't lift her self. Vera is a gorgeous skater but she needs to gain weight and muscle, IMO.

Not sure about BL future. Vera always had bad jumping technique but now it's even worse. No matter if she lands them or not, it's won't help them to gain TES score.  Disappointed 
Ksusha really impressed me today, I remember her 2 years ago, then she barely jumped and her consistency was not good at all. She made so much improvement, lost weight and at the most important event of 4 years skated two perfect programs. Fedor was always good, but she really made my evening.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:04 pm

Aliona crying hard on Robin's shoulder at the ceremony  Bawling 
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Random note : Is it just me, or has Trankov always been pretty rude in the past when he talks about Savchenko and Szolkowy? Sorry to be depressing right after the pairs f.s.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:09 pm

BounceAround wrote:
Random note : Is it just me, or has Trankov always been pretty rude in the past when he talks about Savchenko and Szolkowy? Sorry to be depressing right after the pairs f.s.

What did he say now? He had his moments of rudeness, I remember a couple of his comments.
Back to top Go down
BounceAround

BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:12 pm

^I didn't mean to imply that he said something now  Embarassed. His past comments just rose to my mind after I heard he said, "The Protopopovs [love them!] are here. They also defeated a German team."

I don't mean to imply anything about Trankov's character either. I've heard he is wonderful with fans.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:37 pm

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Not sure about BL future. Vera always had bad jumping technique but now it's even worse. No matter if she lands them or not, it's won't help them to gain TES score.  Disappointed 
Ksusha really impressed me today, I remember her 2 years ago, then she barely jumped and her consistency was not good at all. She made so much improvement, lost weight and at the most important event of 4 years skated two perfect programs. Fedor was always good, but she really made my evening.

Man, I can't believe I got another Pair's name wrong.  Embarassed  First S/S were S/Z and now poor Vera and Yuri. Do you think that if she gains some (much needed IMO) weight and muscle that she could improve drastically on jumps? I think so, but then I'm not an expert. Maybe she should do whatever Ksenya did, to improve so much.

Lady_in_black wrote:
What did he say now? He had his moments of rudeness, I remember a couple of his comments.

Wow, that's the first I hear about it. When did he diss the germans? I know he said some harsh words about his former partner and Vasiliev but then again they weren't nice to Trankov either, but I've never heard anything about him being rude to the germans. I didn't follow this pair, though...

And why did the Austrian commentator called Stas Morozov Tanya's husband? I thought she's with Trankov, and at Euros our commentator said something about Tanya/Max being engaged. confused  Does anyone know what's the deal with these two?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Sochi Olympics 2014! - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sochi Olympics 2014!
Page 20 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next