Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011

Go down 
+35
leo
Ken Himura
Afsfan
Eris
dangerous_angel_face
supportmaoasada
illani
bibi
maowataiyo
babayaga
sapphiresky
haruka25
Spacey
inspiration*
Alokya
polosatik
kaarolcia
ashcroft1086
kenkyo
MaoChan756
Okami
Haidogirl
shikure
Mao_Asada_sunrise
☆Genie
linglang
bellarina
purplemaze
emmie
ddmm
roma
josling
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Batsuchan
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Since no one else has started a thread yet, I guess I will! flower

Official entry/results page:
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2011-2012/fs_e/national/index.htm

Event Schedule (Japan standard time)
Fri, Dec 23 – 16:00 Pairs SP, 16:35 Men SP
Sat, Dec 24 – 13:00 Ice dance SD, 13:35 Pairs FS, 14:10 Ladies SP, 16:25 Men FS
Sun, Dec 25 – 15:00 Ice dance FD, 15:55 Ladies FS

TV schedule – all on Fuji TV
Fri, Dec 23 19:00 – 20:54 Men SP
Sat, Dec 24 19:00 – 23:10 Ladies SP, Men FS
Sun, Dec 25 19:00 – 21:55 Ladies FS
Mon, Dec 26 19:00 – 20:54 Medalists on Ice (gala)

For now, let’s use this as the MAIN THREAD, but when the competition starts, I think we should set up a thread for SPOILERS ONLY. That way people like me, who want to watch the TV broadcast of the competition, won’t be spoiled… Sweatdrop THANKS! Very Happy

CMs for Nationals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c14y1FPwCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTB1A1nQnQs

Last edited by Batsuchan on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:45 am

thaaanks batsuchan for the cm clips, I am soo excitet to see Mao again, I really can't wait to see her, ad the first time she will be on the ice i think i will be in tears...

by the way anyone know if eurosport usuelly shows nationals or if it's possible that expect live streams?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:48 am

ballerinamao wrote:
thaaanks batsuchan for the cm clips, I am soo excitet to see Mao again, I really can't wait to see her, ad the first time she will be on the ice i think i will be in tears...

by the way anyone know if eurosport usuelly shows nationals or if it's possible that expect live streams?

I think eurosport only shows ISU competitions (gp, euros, 4CC and worlds) and a gala show in germany at the end of each year.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:18 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

I think eurosport only shows ISU competitions (gp, euros, 4CC and worlds) and a gala show in germany at the end of each year.

They don't even show 4CC because eurosport is - like the name says - only for europe... Neutral
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:21 am

looks like I will just have to cross my fingers and hope that there will be some livestreams!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:06 am

I doubt we'll get live streams. Japan Nationals and other competitions there are normally broadcasted a couple of hours later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 am

but I remember that there was a live stream last year that showed nationals
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:29 am

I thought that was delayed telecast which normally airs an hour or two after the actual event.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:35 am

welll it may be have been a delayed telecast i don't remember when it was shown I just remember that i saw the whole competition with a livestream!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:50 am

I am never gonna watch in on FujiTV Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:19 am

why?
Back to top Go down
emmie

emmie

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:08 am

ddmm wrote:

I totally agree with you. I hate Fuji TV.
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Thank you so much for starting the thread Batsuchan! cheers

I hope on Christmas day, we will all witness the thing that we all so long for to see-> Mao's lovely smile! santa

emmie wrote:
ddmm wrote:

I totally agree with you. I hate Fuji TV.

i raise my hand on this too, of all the networks here FUJI TV would be my last choice for Figure Skating events telecast. i hope they will be kind to Mao; be sensitive of her present situation, and will not ask too many stupid questions, this coming scheduled Japanese Nationals's press conference on Dec. 22nd.
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Whether there's a live stream or not, I hope someone will be kind enough to post a pbp (in the spoilers thread)! Wub

I have no expectations or hopes for this competition in terms of scores or placements. All I'll be doing is supporting Mao. Smile
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:40 am

TV commercial of nationals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTB1A1nQnQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c14y1FPwCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEoulbZYK18

Article about Kanako
http://www.asahi.com/sports/spo/TKY201112150289.html
After GP series, she finally found boots that suit her well. She is planning to do 3T-3T, instead of 3F-3T. She says she's not given up 3F-3T. She just want to be on safe side because she really wants to go to worlds. She will do her best at nationals and she wants to finish on the podium.
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:02 pm

My favourite competition of the year!
Can't wait to see what transpires. And hope Mao the best of luck ^_^!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:25 am

GO GO GO MAO!!!!!! We all believe in you!!!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:24 pm

feel sorry that Oda decided to withdraw from national championship.
hope he can get back healthy just like Dai.

a news clip about mao nothing new but can see some clips when she was young
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Q9sm7NOTI&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:13 am

Dec. 18 Fuji Tv's "Sporto" on Mao in the coming Nationals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Q9sm7NOTI

Like a Star @ heaven ETA: oops sorry, i think the link i wrote was the same as what shikure already posted above, i didn't check, my apologies. Swoon
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:08 am

thanks for the video clips, could anyone tell what they are saying about Mao in the clips...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:10 am

shikure and purplemaze thanks for the video! Thank you!
Could someone please translate what Shizuka was saying.

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Thumbs up! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:42 am

shikure wrote:
feel sorry that Oda decided to withdraw from national championship.
hope he can get back healthy just like Dai.

a news clip about mao nothing new but can see some clips when she was young
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Q9sm7NOTI&feature=player_embedded

What happen to Oda?
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:08 am

Thanks for the clip! I'm both happy and worried that Mao will be competing at Nats. Happy, because I think it's a good idea not to let the mind linger on the personal tragedy and to find something to keep the mind busy. Plus, Kyoko's bigger dream was to make sure that her daughters were happy and successful - I think ultimately Mao will feel happier fulfilling her mum's wish. Nevertheless, I'm a bit worried because the Nationals are scheduled so soon. I'm pretty sure Mao's training schedule was disrupted because of the funeral and all the formalities that surround it. I hope she'll be fit enough to deliver the performances she aims for! Smile

Haidogirl wrote:

What happen to Oda?

He re-injured himself during the practice session at TEB and apparently the injury isn't healing well. Sad
(He's been struggling with left knee injury since spring and underwent a surgery after Worlds. )
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:47 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shikure and purplemaze thanks for the video! Thank you!
Could someone please translate what Shizuka was saying.

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Thumbs up! Cheering

I'm waiting for a translation as well. Lol! I still need to use many of the emoticons on the side. I agree with Okami. I'm worried, but I think people will root for Mao regardless of how she will do.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:53 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
thanks for the video clips, could anyone tell what they are saying about Mao in the clips...

They didn't say anything new. Rolling Eyes Hmm, I didn't really care what TV station Nat'ls was on, and in fact, I have fond memories of Fuji TV because I liked their dramas in the past, but now I'm not really looking forward to seeing them cover Nat'ls. Evil or Very Mad

All Shizuka said was something like, Mao was very close to her mother, so her death will definitely impact her skating. As for her decision to skate at Nat'ls, that was something she had to decide for herself and Mao knows best what would make her mom happy.

Then they ask her about Mao's condition this season, and she says that Mao's speed has improved and her programs seem more complete/polished. Which is basically exactly what Mao said herself in the interview clip. Rolling Eyes

They also ask her if she thinks Mao will include the 3A, and Shizuka says that the 3A is a memorable jump for Mao (I think she means that Mao has pulled off many memorable 3A's at Nat'ls), so if the condition of her 3A is good, she will probably include it. Again, this is basically what Mao said in the interview after CoR--that she wants to do the 3A if she can.

She did say twice that she hopes that everyone watches over Mao warmly. (Me too!)

I find it very interesting that Shizuka Arakawa had no comment about Mao's mother on her twitter or blog. (Nor did Junko Yaginuma.) One thing that really impressed me was how all these random people in the skating world--including journalists and photographers--had these messages for Mao on their blogs, so it made the omissions all the more glaring. Perhaps I am reading WAY too much into this--perhaps they sent their condolences privately since they know Mao, but I just thought it was interesting. Suspect

At least we got to see some cute clips of young Mao! flower

I agree with Mao_Asada_sunrise, I'm 100% sure the audience will give her unbelievable support no matter what happens. Yep! And of course we will too! Cheering
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next