Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011

Go down 
+35
leo
Ken Himura
Afsfan
Eris
dangerous_angel_face
supportmaoasada
illani
bibi
maowataiyo
babayaga
sapphiresky
haruka25
Spacey
inspiration*
Alokya
polosatik
kaarolcia
ashcroft1086
kenkyo
MaoChan756
Okami
Haidogirl
shikure
Mao_Asada_sunrise
☆Genie
linglang
bellarina
purplemaze
emmie
ddmm
roma
josling
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Batsuchan
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:38 am

I hate it when the media tries to make it seem as a lil bit of an 'unfortunate failure' when she goes for the 2A instead of the 3A - and knowing Mao - I am afraid she might read too much into this...
She has so much more to offer than the 3A!

Doesn't nationals have practice sessions? I'd love to know if Mao is practicing well? Smile
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:54 am

yeah now that you mention the competition is in just two days so Mao most already be at be at the competition and practicing, I would love to hear if there is going to be some practice reports...

i really hope Mao is okay and in good condition.. I also heard that mao is going to have a press conference soon...
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:37 am

Batsuchan wrote:

I find it very interesting that Shizuka Arakawa had no comment about Mao's mother on her twitter or blog. (Nor did Junko Yaginuma.) One thing that really impressed me was how all these random people in the skating world--including journalists and photographers--had these messages for Mao on their blogs, so it made the omissions all the more glaring. Perhaps I am reading WAY too much into this--perhaps they sent their condolences privately since they know Mao, but I just thought it was interesting. Suspect

I think it's ok, Batsuchan. I was wondering about the same thing (but with Joannie) when the news came out. No post about it on twitter and facebook but then I read she sent Mao a message immediately when she heard about it. I think quite a number of them sent Mao messages directly rather than posting, After all, Mao doesn't have a facebook and/or twitter account )though we all hope she has at least one of these). Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:41 am

hey guys! I will be flying to japan this thursday for holiday! but not to where the nationals will be held unfort..(osaka?) wanted to ask which channels will i be able to watch the nats live? thanks in advance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

I find it very interesting that Shizuka Arakawa had no comment about Mao's mother on her twitter or blog. (Nor did Junko Yaginuma.) One thing that really impressed me was how all these random people in the skating world--including journalists and photographers--had these messages for Mao on their blogs, so it made the omissions all the more glaring. Perhaps I am reading WAY too much into this--perhaps they sent their condolences privately since they know Mao, but I just thought it was interesting. Suspect

Actually I didn't wanted to mention something like this because the whole skating communtiy was so nice to Mao but there were also Patrick and Yuna two skaters who didn't comment about that... silent
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:08 am

kenkyo wrote:
hey guys! I will be flying to japan this thursday for holiday! but not to where the nationals will be held unfort..(osaka?) wanted to ask which channels will i be able to watch the nats live? thanks in advance Very Happy

Hi! You're going to Japan?? So lucky!! flower

Nat'ls will be on Fuji TV, but there won't be live coverage, as far as I know. Only delayed coverage. The schedule is in the first post in this thread.

And you're right, it will be in Osaka! Yep!

I checked the news sites and I don't see anything about Nationals practices yet, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

@ roma, you are probably right! I feel bad that I made a big deal about it, because we have no idea what messages were sent in private. Bad idea! Sweatdrop

Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:24 am

For the moment, Fuji's SPORTO is introducing one skater every night with Shizuka as a commentator. Tonight they are showing Kanako.
We might see some practise clips tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:44 pm

it's nice to hear that we might get some practice clips tomorrow can't wait to see Mao again...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:27 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
it's nice to hear that we might get some practice clips tomorrow can't wait to see Mao again...

Same here, I'm counting days until ladies sp. Yep!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3JNAEZdkZBg
special tv program for National championship ~ Mao's part

Ps. Taka was in background or pass the camera in amazing speed
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 am

shikure wrote:

Hi Shikure! Smile
Are those practice vids after the GP final? Or before em?

EDIT: In the close up interview - Mao looks so beautiful and pure...almost like a bright fleeting light!!! Wub
Did she mention Yuna Kim when answering a question? 0_0
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:21 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
shikure wrote:

Hi Shikure! Smile
Are those practice vids after the GP final? Or before em?

EDIT: In the close up interview - Mao looks so beautiful and pure...almost like a bright fleeting light!!! Wub

That should be in September 2, 2011 before GPS.

yuna kim part..let me check that again Embarassed she didn't talk about Yuna.
quick summary

In the beginning, she talked about fixing jumps and coach Sato told her skate to the program and she can naturally land those jumps.
Talking about the SP, she said the music cut is difference from others and with cuteness and the image is princess.
about FS, since she has lots of regret last season, she wants to keep the program.
in the end the wording is without regret, practice everyday and she believe (the jump or everything?) will improve.

there will be conference broadcast tonight and hope there will be vid around.

Last edited by shikure on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:30 am

MaoChan756 wrote:

Nope, I didn't hear anything about Yuna...

The camera work was really weird!! Suspect All those strange super close-ups! If I were Mao, I'd definitely be a little uncomfortable... scratch
The shoes were cool though! flower

One interesting thing that Mao said is that she's trying to get used to her jumps so well so that she doesn't have to count "one, two" in her head before she takes off.

Ohhh, I'm getting nervous!! pale
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
emmie

emmie

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:00 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:14 am

shikure thanks for the clip and the summary! cheers

I also thought she mentioned yuna at 2:36...

I love the shoes! Love

What the heck is wrong with the cameraman?! scratch That was really weird...

Edit: emmie thanks for the clip!
GO MAO!!!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:55 am

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20111222-00000040-dal-spo.html
she run through her FS with 2A and tried 3A, which is still UR.
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:56 am

Mao was featured in fuji tv evening news.

She smiled a little when she arrived Namihaya dome, Osaka around 5pm jST,
She is practicing now with others and she looked good, quiet and seemed concentrating. Her jumps looked good as well and Kumiko sensei was with her. She was wearing her pink turtle top with a black neck warmer at first which she removed after awhile. Press conference is scheduled in an hour more, at 8 pm JST.

I hope someone will post her practice soon on ytube... Smile
Back to top Go down
emmie

emmie

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:11 am

Back to top Go down
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:33 am

just found this video... hope it is not posted yet..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9lV-ZCeDDI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

eta: ohh.. sorry.. this video is a much shorter/same version of the one posted by emmie above.. it doesn't have the introduction by the news anchors..

Last edited by ashcroft1086 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:36 am

emmie wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C-DpMRI79g&context=C37da41bADOEgsToPDskKKm4fKHxIZR-5_6-0Bjwp6

Thank you so much emmie for posting the link! Thank you!

User icenews2020 is fast, he already uploaded 2 of the live clips that was shown earlier!
Thanks uploader! Worship

Now im nervous for Mao, waiting for the press conference...

@shikure, thank you as well for the sportsnavi practice reports! Thank you!

Eta: thank you too ashcroft1086! Smile
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:44 am

purplemaze wrote:

Now im nervous for Mao, waiting for the press conference...
Me too. It will be very difficult for her for sure. Mao, stay strong! We all support you all the way! Love Hearts

Thank you guys for all the clips and reports. Daisies for you
Wow, that tv practice clip focused only on Mao. It is very interesting to see how the whole beginning of Mao's warm up looks, not only the jumps. To me the various stroking practicing is very interesting to watch!

One more news video, this time with some jumps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1euMoWt3dV0&sns=em

Lovely photo: http://photos.nikkansports.com/sports/figure/figu-111222-mao.jpg
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1euMoWt3dV0&context=C3aa582dADOEgsToPDskKKm4fKHxIZR-5_6-0Bjwp6

Another clip with some of Mao's jumps too... Smile
She looks a little pale to me, though maybe because she wasn't wearing any make-up.
Though announcer Ando Yuko and Kimura Tarou both said that she's "元気そう" which i think they mean she seemed fine/okay.

@kaarolcia : i feel the same as you are, and pray that Mao will be alright....
Mao we are with you no matter what. \(^_^)/

ETA : oops same clips we shared kaarolcia Wink i apologize, i guess i wasn't looking and didn't saw your ETA message. Thank you for the lovely Mao pic! Mao's smile finally! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:52 am

Thank you everyone for the clips! Thank you!

Mao please leave the 3A out if it's not ready!

Any news about the press conference?
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:17 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Any news about the press conference?

They just showed a very short clip of her at the press conference on the 9 pm short news.

She was already wearing a black suit jacket and had put on a very light make-up. Her hair was up in a bun, and smiled more than once. She said that she will do her best to give a good performance. I think we will have more news later in the paper about the press conference and what was asked to her by the media. They also showed a clip of her doing a beautiful 2A3T combi Smile and was reportedly seen practicing her LP mostly today at practice. I will try to be up until the late evening news on Sporto, and hopefully more news and clips will follow.
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:22 am

Purplemaze, could you please check out this link?
http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00214112.html
I think it may be a summary of the press conference (but google translator failed miserably) and the video is, I think, geoblocked for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011   Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Figure Skating Championships 2011
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next